Author Topic: Iraq better off under Saddam, says Blix  (Read 980 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Iraq better off under Saddam, says Blix
« on: October 27, 2006, 01:24:25 AM »
Former United Nations chief weapons inspector Hans Blix on Wednesday described the United States-led invasion of Iraq as a "pure failure" that had left the country worse off than under the rule of Saddam Hussein.

In unusually harsh comments to Danish newspaper Politiken, the diplomatic Swede said the US government had ended up in a situation in which neither staying nor leaving Iraq were good options.

"Iraq is a pure failure," Blix was quoted as saying. "If the Americans pull out, there is a risk that they will leave a country in civil war. At the same time, it doesn't seem that the United States can help to stabilise the situation by staying there."

War-related violence in Iraq has grown worse, with dozens of civilians, government officials and police and security force members being killed every day. At least 83 US soldiers have been killed in October - the highest monthly toll in 2006.

http://www.int.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=3&art_id=vn20061026063400559C925359

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
Re: Iraq better off under Saddam, says Blix
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 03:02:25 AM »
If the world is going to end in 5 years, then he is right....But if for some strange reason we are going to be on this cess pool we call earth for many many years, then he just may not be right at all...

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 07:49:57 AM »
Yet people like Intestone still argue about Iraq being a good cause..

If Dick Cheney told Intestone to jump off a cliff he'd probably do it.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 07:51:56 AM »
We managed to kill more people than Saddam could ever hope to in the process of "helping" them.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 07:57:05 AM »
:P

Clubber Lang

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 08:02:20 AM »
i remember when the war broke out 3.5 years ago some iraqi x patriot that posted here said the people there were animals and needed saddam to keep them in line. he said that guys who cut each others heads off and kill their women over honor are not ready for democracy. what he failed to understand is the chaos in iraq is there by design and i EXACTLY what the us wants to keep the military industrial complex booming