Author Topic: Female Bodybuilder Appreciation  (Read 40922 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: Female Bodybuilder Appreciation
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2006, 08:04:22 AM »
Everyone of these females look phenomenal. Excellent conditioning.  :)

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2006, 07:19:58 PM »
I could definite appreciate those women. ;)

Articulate Bodies

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • www.articulatebodies.com Chaundra Tangi, IFBB Pro
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2006, 08:36:20 AM »
They are beautiful! I love the bigger ladies of today as well, but I think Rachael, Cory and Lenda have to be 3 of the most amazing female bodybuilders ever! Rachael would probably be the Figure Olympian if she were competing today. She is the reason I started competing, but Cory taught the first Personal Trainer certification courses I ever took- back in 1999!

Jodi

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • INBA Professional Competitor
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2006, 01:33:53 PM »
Sharon Bruneau.  This is the body that I had posted on my bulletin board for years.  I felt that if I could achieve even half of what she did with her body, I would be happy.  Positively beautiful!

Jodi

Jodi

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2006, 01:41:49 PM »
Another of Sharon Bruneau.

Jodi

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2006, 03:16:18 PM »

Why couldnt you achieve that? You're pretty much already there, Jodi-Jo!

I noticed that pic of you and my homegirl, Jenny-C in Ironman. Nice pic. Holla!
?

Jodi

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2006, 05:54:21 PM »
Woah!  First Muscular Development this month, and now Ironman!  I switch from figure to bodybuilding and I begin to get a little press coverage...lol!

I haven't seen the issue, but I will definitely check it out.

I think now that I've made the switch, I can better achieve something along those lines, but I could never even begin to make it look as good as Sharon did.  She was waaaay taller than I am and had a different muscle structure.
Jodi

Articulate Bodies

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2006, 09:21:14 PM »
Jodi- I just looked at your site and I must say you are beautiful! I switched from Bodybuilding to Figure/Fitness years ago because I didn't think I could go anywhere being so small in bodybuilding... Anyway, best wishes to you! I'm jealous cuz I will always be a bodybuilder at heart!

Also, Sharon is the BOMB too! Absolutely stunning!

:) :)

Jodi

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2006, 08:52:57 AM »
Chaundra, I think I told you this when we met at one of the amateur/pro figure shows a couple of years ago.  It was partly because of you and your win at the Nationals that made me think I had a chance in figure.  I thought (and still do) that you were beautiful from head to toe.  I loved your look!

By the way, I look bigger in pictures than I am in real life, so don't be fooled!  Most people are surprised at how tiny I am when they finally meet me.  I just became fed up with the lack of criteria, the blatancy of figure politics (worse, in my opinion, than in the other divisions), and the disappearance of "balls to the wall" training that I began to see occurring as figure went "soft."  I want to purposefully go on stage at my best...not my semi-best, as I had been doing these past three years.

I've always thought you've deserved better in placings.  Many of the shorter girls like you, Monica Guerra, Latisha Wilder, Pauline Nordin, and Christine Wan don't get a fair shake.

Anyway, I think anyone who has the propensity for building muscle and the drive to walk the bodybuilding path can do it.  Why not?  What do you have to lose...besides a little more fat and water for the bodybuilding stage.  Either way, I enjoy seeing you on the stage, and I know you did your last show not long after having a baby, so major accolades to you in that regard!  All the best to you!
Jodi

Articulate Bodies

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2006, 07:01:32 PM »
Hi again jodi!
Thanks so much for the compliments! As long as we stick to our values and training ethics, we'll always be happy! You have no idea how much your kind words mean to me! Keep us updated on what you are doing next... you have lots of fans!

Chaun

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2006, 01:04:28 PM »
If anyone here if familiar with the classic tv show 'The Honeymooners'...when Ralph was in loss for words due to shock...he'd mumble or mutter..'Hama hama...hamahamahama...ha ma hama'.

Thats what TheBlockHead is muttering right now...just like Ralph.
I'm with you on that one Blockhead. I really like the physique on Emmanuella Pintus:) She looks incredible!

PB

az

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2006, 06:29:33 PM »
heather foster

az

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2006, 06:30:26 PM »
kim buck

littlebigswole

• Getbig I
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2006, 09:04:15 PM »
i really dont keep up with womens body building, but i do think you all are awesome for the amazing achievements made, and hopefully you get as much recognition as men, although i know it might not before awhile, a ginormous muscular physique male or female is nothing gorgeous to look at but i wish some people would dig deep and appreciate the sport of bodybuilding as a whole  whether its male or female, 

Articulate Bodies

• Pros
  • Getbig II
Re: Female Bodybuilder Appreciation: HEATHER POLICKY
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2006, 07:28:10 AM »
I am fortunate enough to live in Colorado, which has produced some incredible pro athletes recently. Although I am a huge fan of the women's BB pioneers (Lenda, Cory, Rachael, Sharon, Bev...), I also love todays physiques... Heather Policky is one of the nicest people I've met, she's beautiful and incredibly gifted. I am so glad she finally got the credit she deserves and earned her pro card at the USAs this year!

Love you Heather!!!!

az

• Getbig III
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2006, 02:41:29 PM »
i wish some people would dig deep and appreciate the sport of bodybuilding as a whole  whether its male or female, 
me too swole!!!

Articulate Bodies

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2006, 05:40:54 PM »

OneBigMan

« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2006, 06:11:52 AM »
Those are some very nice photos from the last few posts. I wish I could see some past photos of Kim Chizevsky, Lenda Murray, Laura Creavalle, Gayle Moher, Jitka Harazimova, Melissa Coates, etcetera :)

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2006, 12:33:53 PM »
my fave:

X

OneBigMan

« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2006, 08:09:05 AM »
That's what I call a "beefcake babe".

I really respect those types of iron ladies besides the obvious sexual side of this culture. All the misperceptions about female bodybuilders are ugly stereotypes. People talk too much about muscle-bound women with hulking necks, enormous thighs, and monstrous backs. It is somewhat obvious as to why media watchers are offended by seeing dozens of scantily clad womin with bulging biceps and ripped quads walk around in stiletto heels.

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2006, 08:29:53 AM »
That's what I call a "beefcake babe".

Thank you!
X

Forbidden

• Getbig III
  • Live well, laugh often, love much
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2006, 02:36:32 AM »
Definately Cory Everson would have to be one of the VERY best female bodybuilders of her time.  These days she looks more like a figure competitor perhaps a little big but absolutely gorgeous all the same.  I really appreciate the dedication that these women have and aspire to them every day.

OneBigMan

« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2006, 09:10:03 AM »
The mention of Cory Everson is one reason I miss the days/years when her weekday morning workout show Gotta Sweat, was very unique to watch on espn2 when it had Bodyshaping and all those other shows I liked to record before the days of Y2k.

az

• Getbig III
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2006, 04:36:19 PM »
lisa bickles!

az

• Getbig III
« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2006, 03:04:50 AM »
toni norman