Author Topic: Last night was GLORIOUS!!!  (Read 20011 times)

spinnis

Re: Kimbo KOed in 14 secs...
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2008, 05:25:37 AM »
It just looked strange :/

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2008, 05:27:51 AM »

Gina's fight against that bull-necked chick was halfway decent, not so much because of the action, but because Gina actually took some shots and didn't back down at all...like Kimbo did.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2008, 05:40:40 AM »
are you saying gina is more of a man than kimbo is!
Z

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2008, 06:14:27 AM »
Gina's fight against that bull-necked chick was halfway decent, not so much because of the action, but because Gina actually took some shots and didn't back down at all...like Kimbo did.

In my opinion women shouldn't be in MMA it's a marketing angle to try and give the fans something their competitive don't offer and try and broaden their audience but no one cares , most women don't care about fighting and I thought the fight sucked and I gave it a chance my prediction is they'll fade it away out of lack of interest and a quality field

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2008, 06:39:04 AM »
Where was the fight?, Kimbo had a short blackout and fell over - more than likely due to the high quality cocaine he is using due to finally getting paid for his fights, the other fighter just jumped on him and still couldn't land a punch, all the while Kimbo was trying to recover from his drug induced blackout.  Seriously, this was perhaps the greatest non fight to ever happen, No one got hit or hurt. What a joke!  If anyone can produce photo evidence that Kimbo was knocked down from a punch, i would love to see it.
V

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2008, 06:47:33 AM »
Where was the fight?, Kimbo had a short blackout and fell over - more than likely due to the high quality cocaine he is using due to finally getting paid for his fights, the other fighter just jumped on him and still couldn't land a punch, all the while Kimbo was trying to recover from his drug induced blackout.  Seriously, this was perhaps the greatest non fight to ever happen, No one got hit or hurt. What a joke!  If anyone can produce photo evidence that Kimbo was knocked down from a punch, i would love to see it.

;D
Z

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2008, 06:50:51 AM »

The cut was from when he fell right?

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2008, 06:53:27 AM »
I wentover that video numerous times and I do not see a punch to knock him down..sorry ...I smell scam

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2008, 07:12:13 AM »
How the fuck did Kimbo get dropped?! I just replayed the video about 4 times and... there was no punch... no kick... nothing.

Fight was fixed.

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2008, 07:52:42 AM »
I wentover that video numerous times and I do not see a punch to knock him down..sorry ...I smell scam
Your probably confusing that stink with your rotten country
I am a big baby

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2008, 08:01:57 AM »
always talking on this site without reading and watching.  it's more kimbo stepping into the punch than anything.  you can see the slight snap back of his head.  that aint no wwf stump your foot when you get hit by a pretend shot.  unlike boxing the guy is all over him...including a couple of punches to the back of the head.

why elite is going to throw this fight when they are $20M in hole, and it's in his best interest for him to win the thing for more money/big fights down the road ? 
Oh...Monica!

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2008, 08:08:09 AM »
How the fuck did Kimbo get dropped?! I just replayed the video about 4 times and... there was no punch... no kick... nothing.

Fight was fixed.

Q

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2008, 08:09:01 AM »
Ref stopage is a TKO.  ;)
If the ref would not have stoped it Kimbo would have major head trauma!

not really, if Kimbo would have gotten back up he would have been able to fight with that guy, it was a mistake for him to try to shoot in on him and get him on the ground so soon and the guy was expecting it, the kid was basically fighting scared and fighting on adrenaline and if the pusssy ref would have given Kimbo a chance he would have gotten back up, it was stopped too early.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2008, 08:10:31 AM »

he did get hit above the guy when he tried to shoot in on the kid, i paused it and watched it in slow mo on my DVR and he did get hit with a very good punch but Kimbo definitely could have gone on to fight, the ref stopped it way too soon.

spinnis

« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2008, 08:11:53 AM »
He should have rolled back on his back and made the other guy take his guard.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2008, 08:12:46 AM »
He should have rolled back on his back and made the other guy take his guard.
he doesn't have that type of awareness yet but just based on sheer strength he could have gotten back up.

spinnis

« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2008, 08:23:22 AM »
he doesn't have that type of awareness yet but just based on sheer strength he could have gotten back up.

It kinda looks like he tried to Headbutt the punches  ;D

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2008, 08:27:15 AM »
It kinda looks like he tried to Headbutt the punches  ;D
just that one punch when he tried to take the guy down, it was stupid for him to try to shoot in on him so soon, he should have stood up and threw punches with him first and used that power he's known for, he'd have knocked that kid out quick like that.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2008, 08:33:34 AM »

I'm no MMA expert, but that was my thinking, too. 

I'm trying to figure out just how much damage that punch to the shoulder did to Kimbo.

In my opinion women shouldn't be in MMA it's a marketing angle to try and give the fans something their competitive don't offer and try and broaden their audience but no one cares , most women don't care about fighting and I thought the fight sucked and I gave it a chance my prediction is they'll fade it away out of lack of interest and a quality field.

Lack of depth in the women's ranks, yes, but lack of interest?  No.  The interest in watching it is definitely there, especially when frumpy dumpy chicks are watching because they think it's 'cool' to see. 

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2008, 08:36:44 AM »
I'm no MMA expert, but that was my thinking, too. 

I'm trying to figure out just how much damage that punch to the shoulder did to Kimbo.

Lack of depth in the women's ranks, yes, but lack of interest?  No.  The interest in watching it is definitely there, especially when frumpy dumpy chicks are watching because they think it's 'cool' to see. 
the punch was to his head when he tried to shoot in on him and it landed clean, it was a good punch but it was nothing that he couldn't have recovered from, these CBS televised EliteXC events are way too closely reffed and these guys stop these fights too soon, that's why EliteXC is in trouble, you have to give the fans what they want to see, it would have been an exciting fight if the ref would have let kimbo get up and keep going.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2008, 08:39:13 AM »
just that one punch when he tried to take the guy down, it was stupid for him to try to shoot in on him so soon, he should have stood up and threw punches with him first and used that power he's known for, he'd have knocked that kid out quick like that.

hell yeah thanks for setting us correct squadfather, next year i will send in letters to his staff recommending you for a coaching/trainer postion
A

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2008, 08:43:14 AM »
hell yeah thanks for setting us correct squadfather, next year i will send in letters to his staff recommending you for a coaching/trainer postion
no, this human toothpick would be a much better coach. :D

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #72 on: October 05, 2008, 08:45:54 AM »
it was a short right hand that dropped Kimbo, I guess it just made him dizzy but the follow-up of punches finished him..

In a rematch Kimbo would crucify him though

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #73 on: October 05, 2008, 09:17:05 AM »
it was a short right hand that dropped Kimbo, I guess it just made him dizzy but the follow-up of punches finished him..

In a rematch Kimbo would crucify him though

Obviously he would rebound from a 14 sec KO to a crucification. ::)

big14

• Getbig III
  • Big muscles are so cool
« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2008, 09:21:50 AM »
not really, if Kimbo would have gotten back up he would have been able to fight with that guy, it was a mistake for him to try to shoot in on him and get him on the ground so soon and the guy was expecting it,
the kid was basically fighting scared and fighting on adrenaline
 and if the pusssy ref would have given Kimbo a chance he would have gotten back up, it was stopped too early.

Clueless idiots.

Sevaste and the others: Did not see any punch?
Duuhh.

Kimbo trying to shoot in???
Hahaha duuh.
Adrenaline and scared?  gahh nooob
He could go on fighting based on strength???????
This is not benchpressing.

Kimbo was so dazed he frigging attacked and double legged  the ref that saved his life.

Go back to watching strong  oiled men in thongs and call eachother  fags.
Dont talk about MMA.

B