Author Topic: UFC 115 rumored to be an epic fail (PPV sales)  (Read 8854 times)

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
Re: UFC 115 rumored to be an epic fail (PPV sales)
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2010, 01:25:33 PM »
Too many cards IMO. Seems like at least one every 4-5 weeks. That's not enough time to build up good fights or have good fighters in every card.

The UFC actually has events more often than this.  They have a HUGE roster. I see your logic, and having an event every few moths was ok, but with the growth of the sport, and TONS of new talent has led to stacked divisions that need to be sorted out.

Nothing wrong with having events often if the fights are matched well. Joe Silva IMO is the smartest guy the UFC has.  I think he has as much to do with the UFC's success as Dana White.

If people are complaining about cost, just get some family and friends together and split it up, or take turns ordering.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2010, 03:01:56 PM »
A real MMA fan would. 

I GUARANTEE when the ppv comes out on Spike, you'll be tuning in.... if you haven't already downloaded the fight from the net.

A real MMA fan doesn't just blindly support the UFC. I'm a fan of a lot of sports, and I'll criticize stupid moves by the NFL or MLB. The UFC is not some omnipotent organization that is exempt from criticism. A real MMA fan can admit when cards suck, and the majority of the UFC cards lately have been nothing short of embarrassing.

Headlining a card with two washed-up fogies, one of whom has lost 5 of his last 6 fights, is not a good card, plain and simple. And for that matter, how does one go from headlining a card to being out of the UFC over the course of a fight? That is, of course, if one thinks that was a good headliner.  ::)

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2010, 04:15:43 PM »
A real MMA fan doesn't just blindly support the UFC. I'm a fan of a lot of sports, and I'll criticize stupid moves by the NFL or MLB. The UFC is not some omnipotent organization that is exempt from criticism. A real MMA fan can admit when cards suck, and the majority of the UFC cards lately have been nothing short of embarrassing.

Headlining a card with two washed-up fogies, one of whom has lost 5 of his last 6 fights, is not a good card, plain and simple. And for that matter, how does one go from headlining a card to being out of the UFC over the course of a fight? That is, of course, if one thinks that was a good headliner.  ::)

You would never admit that there was anything positive about the UFC anyways.

The UFC is thriving now. You don't need numbers to see that. To have the means to pull of the events they do is proof enough.

People are obviously happy with their product. You may not be, but you are an abnormality.

If you understand MMA you will realize, styles make fights. It's not just about build-up and big names.

This is 2010. Maybe WWE is more your style.

AC Slater

• Getbig IV
  • The king of Bayside
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2010, 07:16:24 PM »
WHo said you had to have a "Big Name" in order for the fight card to be good ???  The fights in the card were awesome.  Lots of back and forth.  Lots of finishes.  Lots of action.  Sometimes, the "big name" cards are the most boring.

the main event is what sells 99% of the ppv, hence it needs to have big names and a good fight.  but there needs to be some other decent names on the card to keep it interesting.  no one cares to see a fight of joe schmoe vs john doe
I dont like twinks.

AC Slater

• Getbig IV
  • The king of Bayside
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2010, 07:18:37 PM »
You would never admit that there was anything positive about the UFC anyways.

The UFC is thriving now. You don't need numbers to see that. To have the means to pull of the events they do is proof enough.

People are obviously happy with their product. You may not be, but you are an abnormality.

If you understand MMA you will realize, styles make fights. It's not just about build-up and big names.

This is 2010. Maybe WWE is more your style.

no, you are the abnormality getting owned every day by the rest of this entire board.

and the ufc is exactly like wwe
I dont like twinks.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2010, 08:31:53 PM »
the main event is what sells 99% of the ppv, hence it needs to have big names and a good fight.  but there needs to be some other decent names on the card to keep it interesting.  no one cares to see a fight of joe schmoe vs john doe

If you actually followed the UFC these cards wouldn't be full of Joe Schmoe's and John Doe's.
Get it?

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2010, 08:38:37 PM »

no, you are the abnormality getting owned every day by the rest of this entire board.

and the ufc is exactly like wwe

The WWE is scripted. The UFC is not. The only thing they have in common PPV. That is where it starts and ends.

Most of the people on this board are not as well educated as I am when it comes to MMA....so I can agree with you, I am somewhat of and abnormality on here, but the more time I spend here, the more educated you clowns are becoming.
You clowns really should be paying me.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2010, 09:10:49 PM »

Most of the people on this board are not as well educated as I am when it comes to MMA....

oh brother...
DAWG

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2010, 09:12:59 PM »
oh brother...

You are more than welcome to listen in on my teachings...

After all, they are free. You will never learn a better lesson for free.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2010, 09:17:35 PM »

oh brother... please give me your credentials...your a joke...you would get laughed off other MMA forums...And if you post on other ones whats your user name and which forums?...I wont hold my breath...your the biggest chump/dick rider on getbigs MMA forum by a country mile and I could run circles around your ass in MMA (not just UFC) knowledge...Chump...
DAWG

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2010, 09:19:53 PM »

No one wants to be taught how to get backed into a corner and verbally gangbanged on a regular basis, which is pretty much the only thing your good at, and the only thing that happens when you post your nutthuggery.
Predictions
 40/61

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2010, 09:46:16 PM »
that's what I fuckin thought...
DAWG

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2010, 09:58:39 PM »

This says it all.  You know the old saying "you get what yo pay for"  There is a reason why they are free.  They are not worth paying for.  Are you Goodrum?
No Worries 4 me

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2010, 10:07:00 PM »
oh brother... please give me your credentials...your a joke...you would get laughed off other MMA forums...And if you post on other ones whats your user name and which forums?...I wont hold my breath...your the biggest chump/dick rider on getbigs MMA forum by a country mile and I could run circles around your ass in MMA (not just UFC) knowledge...Chump...

Should I post trinket credentials like Chumpboxe to prove how much I know?

I am the teacher here. Know your role and sit back down.

Please, hold your breath as long as you can.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2010, 10:08:56 PM »
No one wants to be taught how to get backed into a corner and verbally gangbanged on a regular basis, which is pretty much the only thing your good at, and the only thing that happens when you post your nutthuggery.

Dick N Ball talk on cue....

Go polish your trinkets and please think about something besides Dick N Ball for a moment.

You really try sooo hard for zero credibility on here.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2010, 10:09:50 PM »
that's what I fuckin thought...

Settle down now...class is not over yet.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2010, 10:13:12 PM »
This says it all.  You know the old saying "you get what yo pay for"  There is a reason why they are free.  They are not worth paying for.  Are you Goodrum?

Maybe you should start paying for bypass or something....

coming on a message board to share your eating disorders and obseity is definitely not working fatboy.

Funny thing is I can log off of this board and resume my life....I laugh at this shit.

You log off this board and you are still a 400+lb walking heart attack.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2010, 10:55:04 PM »
Should I post trinket credentials like Chumpboxe to prove how much I know?

I am the teacher here. Know your role and sit back down.

Please, hold your breath as long as you can.
just as I thought...a weak deflection and utter useless response...I ask again what other MMA forums do you post on and whats your username..If your truly what you assert you wont have a problem providing such info...but the reality is...you have nothing to offer except propaganda and useless asinine responses...
DAWG

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2010, 11:06:06 PM »
just as I thought...a weak deflection and utter useless response...I ask again what other MMA forums do you post on and whats your username...you have nothing to offer except propaganda and useless responses...

What's it to you anyways...I can be whomever I want to be little dawg.

If you have read any of my teachings on here, you wouldn't even bother questioning my MMA knowledge.

Besides, you didn't even know that Rampages case against the woman suing him for a miscarriage had been dismissed. You must really follow MMA ::)

Do you just come on her to start shit, and argue about stuff you know absolutely NOTHING about?
Tell me the truth, you sound like you are one of those fat asses at 25% bodyfat that thinks he's got a good build and is a tough guy.

Now...take you seat like I told you. I am teaching here. Not you.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2010, 11:17:07 PM »
What's it to you anyways...I can be whomever I want to be little dawg.

If you have read any of my teachings on here, you wouldn't even bother questioning my MMA knowledge.

Besides, you didn't even know that Rampages case against the woman suing him for a miscarriage had been dismissed. You must really follow MMA ::)

Do you just come on her to start shit, and argue about stuff you know absolutely NOTHING about?
Tell me the truth, you sound like you are one of those fat asses at 25% bodyfat that thinks he's got a good build and is a tough guy.

Now...take you seat like I told you. I am teaching here. Not you.
just as I suspected...you regurgitate the same garbage post after post...you have nothing...zero...to offer in the way of educated debate...your a propaganda machine which is exactly why your not on a reputable MMA forum because you would get laughed right off of it with your asinine rhetoric that is on par with religious dogma...your a joke...and what makes you so pathetic is everyone on here knows it but you...

Are you a member of a legit MMA forum and what is your username?...I wont hold my breath chump...
DAWG

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2010, 11:29:25 PM »
just as I suspected...you regurgitate the same garbage post after post...you have nothing...zero...to offer in the way of educated debate...your a propaganda machine which is exactly why your not on a reputable MMA forum because you would get laughed right off of it with your asinine rhetoric that is on par with religious dogma...your a joke...and what makes you so pathetic is everyone on here knows it but you...

Are you a member of a legit MMA forum and what is your username?...I wont hold my breath chump...

Start a topic if you want to debate something...

Why are you so concerned about what I post on other MMA boards. I am not posting shit about any other board I am a member of.
Is that clear little guy?

You got schooled by Coach. You have ZERO credibility.
How could you not know about Rampage and the miscarriage?

Epic lack of MMA knowledge right there.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2010, 11:39:06 PM »
case closed...zero to offer....
DAWG

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2010, 06:20:10 AM »
case closed...zero to offer....

Ok. Thank you for your admittance of being a poser.

Now get off this board and go freshen up your MMA knowledge.

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2010, 07:15:14 AM »
You really try sooo hard for zero credibility on here.

You're flying solo on all the verbal diarreah you spew, if you ever posed a legit point on anything you'd have people in agreeance with you, that never happens because your delusional.  You are your own biggest fan (Dana's bean bag is in for a close second place).  There's no debating that.  You've become the new Bluto of this board, except even he knew more about fighting than you (which is sad considering he's never left his mothers basement).  Now go back to being a child molester posing as a coach.
Predictions
 40/61

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2010, 07:27:55 AM »
You're flying solo on all the verbal diarreah you spew, if you ever posed a legit point on anything you'd have people in agreeance with you, that never happens because your delusional.  You are your own biggest fan (Dana's bean bag is in for a close second place).  There's no debating that.  You've become the new Bluto of this board, except even he knew more about fighting than you (which is sad considering he's never left his mothers basement).  Now go back to being a child molester posing as a coach.

You continually bring up several things in almost every post. Dick N Balls and Pedo's  disguising themselves as a coach.

We all know you have Dick N Ball on your brain constantly, and most likely literally.

You also have stated you have a license to "coach" boxing as well...Hmmmmmmm.

Things are not looking good for you.