Author Topic: Romney is getting Swiftboated badly  (Read 6312 times)

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Romney is getting Swiftboated badly
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2012, 02:17:41 PM »
Should obama release his records? 

I wasnt aware he hadnt but yes definetly

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2012, 02:24:53 PM »
I wasnt aware he hadnt but yes definetly

Obama has released the last 11 or 12 years of tax returns

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2012, 02:26:59 PM »

8% unemployment for 42 straight months....But, at least, he released over a decade of his tax returns.  ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2012, 02:27:54 PM »

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2012, 02:28:30 PM »
8% unemployment for 42 straight months....But, at least, he released over a decade of his tax returns::)

exactly

now time for Romney to do the same

the voters have a right to know if he's a tax cheat, felon or just a liar

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2012, 02:31:45 PM »
exactly

Wouldnt the IRS have audited him if he filed bad returns?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2012, 02:32:11 PM »
exactly

If he were a tax cheat, people would have known about it long before now.

This is nothing but a pitiful attempt to deflect from Obama's pitiful record.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2012, 02:42:20 PM »

I'm going to assume this statement is just kneepadding for Romney rather that profound naivety on your part

Frauds and con men can go for years or even forever without getting caught

THe IRS only catches a small fraction of all fraud and guys like Madoff got away with fraud for years

This futures broker just got caught after having perpetraded fraud for many years

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/12/russell-wasendorf-sr-pfgbest-peregrine-financial-group_n_1667702.html

edit - btw I doubt Romey has commited fraud though he may have indulged in grey market tax shelters and have other unsavory practices realed on his returns

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2012, 02:43:53 PM »
I'm going to assume this statement is just kneepadding for Romney rather that profound naivety on your part

Frauds and con men can go for years or even forever without getting caught

THe IRS only catches a small fraction of all fraud and guys like Madoff got away with fraud for years

This futures broker just got caught after having perpetraded fraud for many years

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/12/russell-wasendorf-sr-pfgbest-peregrine-financial-group_n_1667702.html

He released his tax returns already. This demand to release more of them has NOTHING to do with any suspicion of fraud.

It's about kneepadders like you, trying to talk about ANYTHING and EVERYTHING but Obama's pathetic record.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2012, 02:52:29 PM »
He released his tax returns already. This demand to release more of them has NOTHING to do with any suspicion of fraud.

It's about kneepadders like you, trying to talk about ANYTHING and EVERYTHING but Obama's pathetic record.

he released the last two years -a time during which he knew he would be running for POTUS

Many Repubs have called on him to release at least 5 or 6 year and to be consistent with other candidates including his father he should release 10 or 12 years

You've heard all the arguments so I won't bother repeating them

He looks like he is hiding something and that's an opinion from people in his own party

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2012, 06:30:59 AM »

So why wont he release them then? If he is already cleared?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #61 on: July 19, 2012, 08:13:24 AM »
So why wont he release them then? If he is already cleared?

same reason cain didn't take a poly and clear his name.

"He didn't have to" or "He's trying to hide something".   I wonder the case.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: July 19, 2012, 08:15:37 AM »
same reason cain didn't take a poly and clear his name.

"He didn't have to" or "He's trying to hide something".   I wonder the case.

Makes sense to run for the most prestigious job in the world where everybody will know your name and step yet you cant release your tax papers ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2012, 08:19:14 AM »
Makes sense to run for the most prestigious job in the world where everybody will know your name and step yet you cant release your tax papers ::)

i dont think he will release them.   I believe someone will do it for him.  Right before the election.  And it'll be brutal. 

at this point, he believes whatever is in them is so damning that he'll lose the nomination (or the race).

Maybe he's a billionaire,
   Who didn't tithe 10% as he claimed,
      Using the hell out of the amnesty swiss bank clause...
         paying zero taxes in multiple years.

Unless you repubs truly believe obama wouldn't steal and leak it.  Yeah, that'd be illegal, and we all know the kenyan respects the law...

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #64 on: July 20, 2012, 09:20:47 PM »
i dont think he will release them.   I believe someone will do it for him.  Right before the election.  And it'll be brutal. 

at this point, he believes whatever is in them is so damning that he'll lose the nomination (or the race).

Unless you repubs truly believe obama wouldn't steal and leak it.  Yeah, that'd be illegal, and we all know the kenyan respects the law...

All I know is that I pay every penny I can in taxes.  I think I can speak for everyone when I say that I pay my accountant good money to make sure I'm paying as much as possible on my taxes. 

The fact that this guy might be out there looking for ways to legally lower his taxes each year is reprehensible. 
Y

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2012, 09:23:57 PM »
All I know is that I pay every penny I can in taxes.  I think I can speak for everyone when I say that I pay my accountant good money to make sure I'm paying as much as possible on my taxes. 

The fact that this guy might be out there looking for ways to legally lower his taxes each year is reprehensible. 
LULZ.
The problem, of course, is that people have it in their mind now that they shouldnt have to pay as much taxes and a larger burden should be placed on the wealthy.
It makes me laugh, everyone is for higher taxes as long as its not THEIR tax bracket. Their tax bracket and below should be less, but everyone above should pay more.
Obama has done a bang up job exploiting this with the middle-lower class brackets.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2012, 05:51:06 AM »

Yep, they prob already have them and are just waiting....remember when the day before the 2004 election, the terror level was raised......

Romney can lose this election on the account of those tax records if he doesn't show them
A

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2012, 04:01:00 PM »
no; he'll hire 333386 as his personal lawyer. he'll get off and win the election.
look at all the support 333386 has given him. ;)
w

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2012, 09:21:06 PM »
Vince, I take exception to the term "swiftboated".

You *ucking nickle tickler.

Anyway, Obama can play this card because of three reasons

1) He cannot run on his record. ( Economy is a disaster, 1 trillion dollars plus later, unemployment is exactly where it was 3.5 years ago, US credit downgraded, etc.)

2) The MSM sucks Obama's dick the way Vince sucks off a cucumber to arouse his husband. Nothing Obama does is wrong, or contradictory, or incompetent or dishonest. We are all just too stupid to understand how brilliant he is. Nevermind the fact that Obama has spent millions of his own $ to keep virtually his entire past out of the public eye. It is also mere happenstance that it took Donald Trump abusing Obama for nearly 2 years to prompt the release of his (phony) birth certificate.

3) Obama has no cards left to play. He has doubled down on stupid. It's occupy wall street redux and rhetorical class warfare nonsense. He tried to make the election about social issues ( contraception, queers getting married etc.)= FAIL. He tried to make the election about ignoring everything else and focusing on Bin Laden=  FAIL. He tried to make the election about Healthcare being a victory for the American people= FAIL. He tried to pander to hispanics and unilaterally declare amnesty so he gets the illegal immigrant vote= FAIL.  Now its back to basics=Bank on Americans being too stupid and uninformed to realize what a horrible president he has been, and instead focus on Romney being white, republican and successful.

Bottom line= He is fucked in November unless things dramatically change for the better economically. I don't care what the polls say.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2012, 07:17:11 AM »
LULZ.
The problem, of course, is that people have it in their mind now that they shouldnt have to pay as much taxes and a larger burden should be placed on the wealthy.
It makes me laugh, everyone is for higher taxes as long as its not THEIR tax bracket. Their tax bracket and below should be less, but everyone above should pay more.
Obama has done a bang up job exploiting this with the middle-lower class brackets.

And why do you care for rich people so much?