Author Topic: Powerlifting Bench press setup  (Read 77079 times)

babiegirl

• Getbig I
Re: Powerlifting Bench press setup
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2008, 05:22:08 PM »
you jackass, LOL.  :D ;D :D ;D

If taking your shirt off would increase anything, I think I'mma start excercising butt naked.

While that does sound fun! I think he was referring to a bench shirt...  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bench_shirt

babiegirl

• Getbig I
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2008, 05:27:12 PM »
Anyone got advice on the best techs to use if your feet don't reach the floor?? When I bench at home my feet don't quite reach the floor ...  I'm 5 foot..

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2008, 10:44:13 PM »
Anyone got advice on the best techs to use if your feet don't reach the floor?? When I bench at home my feet don't quite reach the floor ...  I'm 5 foot..
build wooden blocks, they are allowed in comps as well.
Until then you can put weight plates on the floor where the feet are.
Preferably rubber plates as they are easier to stack.
If you have one of those 'step-up' boards, you can perhaps use that between aerobics sessions.

Both me, JPegg and Wolfe does. 8) 
As empty as paradise

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2009, 09:17:49 AM »
you jackass, LOL.  :D ;D :D ;D

If taking your shirt off would increase anything, I think I'mma start excercising butt naked.

wow

Johenyst

• Getbig I
Powerlifting Bench press setup
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2011, 03:49:18 AM »
Its all gravy baby, as they say. The more you intake the more you refine. You can never be perfect, even considering the ever chaning biomechanics and tissue changes of the body occuring all the time.

AvidFisherman

• Getbig I
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2015, 06:22:07 PM »
I am having trouble utilizing my legs. I try tucking my feet under me as I press down on my hips, arch my back and have my shoulders pinched together but my legs start dancing around when I press hard. I try not to do this but it's involuntary.

Jona

• Getbig II
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2018, 10:33:08 AM »
have been tweaking my bench for ages now and finally think I'm making some progress. my issues has been huge asymmetries in movement and development on the left and right from using a computer for 10+ years almost daily.