Author Topic: Hawaiian Power  (Read 5116 times)

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
Hawaiian Power
« on: September 21, 2021, 03:11:37 AM »
I've watched this guy for well over ten years now, just quietly, but resolutely, toiling away by himself clocking in those reps and sets, day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year. Progressing little by little: and extra rep here, an extra five pounds there. Some good days, some not so good -- but always showing up. Now Isaac is one of the top powerlifters in Hawaii. Here he is, though fatigue after cranking several ball-busting sets, pushing 585 pounds.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Re: Hawaiian Power
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2021, 03:58:55 AM »
Good lift...............it`s very cool to watch a persons slow progresion over the years until he is successful.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2021, 04:04:53 AM »
Good lift...............it`s very cool to watch a persons slow progresion over the years until he is successful.

He was just a kid. They grow up so fast.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2021, 04:07:22 AM »

BTW, they took out a ton of good equipment to make room for the fake turf where ass clowns do their cross-fit shit. Pissed me off to no end. Notice the punching bag in the background. You should see these Tap-Out teen wannabes flailing away mean-mugging everybody.

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2021, 04:20:05 AM »
Very strong man

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2021, 04:25:03 AM »
Great to hear of his progression over time but points deducted for wearing rubber band.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2021, 04:34:25 AM »
BTW, they took out a ton of good equipment to make room for the fake turf where ass clowns do their cross-fit shit. Pissed me off to no end. Notice the punching bag in the background. You should see these Tap-Out teen wannabes flailing away mean-mugging everybody.
That truly sux.

Tennisballz

• Getbig IV
  • You CANNOT be serious!
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2021, 08:07:04 AM »
The world likes people who quietly go about their business and get results.  The world hates poeple who constantly show you their pictures and say “look at me Look at me I’m awesome”

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2021, 08:18:37 AM »

There looks to be adequate room to have the turf and still have plenty of good equipment.

What was removed?

Props to that dude though, strong AF.
Y

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2021, 08:25:33 AM »
Great to hear of his progression over time but points deducted for wearing rubber band.

Yeah I just don’t understand that crap, crazy strong but just take that think off.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2021, 08:29:02 AM »
He was just a kid. They grow up so fast.

Impressive young man.  Are those 'cupping' marks on him..?  I've seen a few people do it and kinda assumed it was new-agey BS - but if your man is doing it, maybe there's something in it..?

The world likes people who quietly go about their business and get results.  The world hates poeple who constantly show you their pictures and say “look at me Look at me I’m awesome”

T

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2021, 08:33:31 AM »
Yeah I just don’t understand that crap, crazy strong but just take that think off.

It's just a tool that enables overload.
Y

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2021, 08:47:42 AM »
:D

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2021, 09:06:57 AM »
That dude spotting him has terrible gyno.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2021, 09:15:55 AM »
Leave bhank out of this.

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2021, 10:12:00 AM »
Maori?

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2021, 10:15:13 AM »
Pellius > All

Q

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2021, 11:11:08 AM »
Very strong guy.

But i have to be critical.

Get a real spotter. Damn.

Always makes me nervous seeing people putting up weights that can kill them with a chick who probably can't deadlift 200 pounds.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2021, 11:21:22 AM »
Very strong guy.

But i have to be critical.

Get a real spotter. Damn.

Always makes me nervous seeing people putting up weights that can kill them with a chick who probably can't deadlift 200 pounds.

Absolutely. Should be done in a powerrack or one of those comp benches with rails on the sides. Even a strong spotter isn't fast enough to save you from getting it on your face.

I see he used a slingshot. What could it add, 120lbs? I assume the color indicates some resistance measure.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2021, 11:40:08 AM »
Absolutely. Should be done in a powerrack or one of those comp benches with rails on the sides. Even a strong spotter isn't fast enough to save you from getting it on your face.

I see he used a slingshot. What could it add, 120lbs? I assume the color indicates some resistance measure.

Very true.

Those bands help build lockout strength.

Not sure how much that one is.

I never went over 400 without a cage or three spotters.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2021, 12:25:17 PM »
I’ve been in gyms for 25yrs. When I see someone pile on the weight I look away. Just asking for an injury. Maybe powerlifters have to push high weight but it’s pure stupidity for bodybuilders.
T

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2021, 05:57:30 PM »
There looks to be adequate room to have the turf and still have plenty of good equipment.

What was removed?

Props to that dude though, strong AF.

Too many to mention. They had two of those seated chest fly/rear delt machines. So we went from three to one and now you need a goddamn reservation to use that piece of equipment. It's a large gym but the only gym with in a 15 mile radius so it's always packed. I use to go at 1 am to avoid the crowds but 24 hour gym is no longer 24 hours. Besides, I really don't want both guys and girls walking on their hands, and doing other Crross-Fit acrobatics. There's a real Cross-Fit gym just down the block from where we are.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2021, 06:41:08 PM »
Pellius your face looks like youve been embalmed but crazy alcoholic vascularity
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2021, 06:43:41 PM »
Is pelius down to one kidney?
A

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2021, 07:44:38 PM »
Pellius your face looks like youve been embalmed but crazy alcoholic vascularity

LOL! Have you looked at your face lately? What was once elite model level is now fat and distorted full of black heads and acne. You're disgusting to look at. I've never touched alcohol in about 40 years and even then I've never consumed so much as a can of beer in one sitting. I certainly have never been drunk or high. Toked one but other than that never touched any recreational drug. You have been drunk, stoned, and high too many times to count. Despite your grass/kale eating preaching, I am way healthier than you are.

Look at yourself. Look at yourself right now. Now imagine yourself in another 25 years when you are my age. You are the perfect example of how someone with elite White man genetics can ruined themselves with dirty living and dirty eating.

You are what you eat and what you do.