Author Topic: Congratulations to Ron DeSantis  (Read 3795 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Congratulations to Ron DeSantis
« on: August 04, 2021, 12:31:58 PM »
The wanna be Trump set an new record for Covid hospitalizations

I'm sure it's only a matter of time until Florida schools become the breeding ground for the next variant

Florida Sees Record Number of COVID Cases, Hospitalizations

MONDAY, Aug. 2, 2021 (HealthDay News) -- Florida reached another grim milestone on Sunday when it broke a previous record for COVID-19 hospitalizations that was set before vaccines were available.

The new hospitalization record came a day after the state recorded the most new daily COVID-19 cases since the start of the pandemic
, the Associated Press reported.

As of Sunday, Florida had 10,207 hospitalized patients with confirmed COVID-19, according to U.S. Department of Health & Human Services data.

The previous record was 10,170 on July 23, 2020, more than six months before vaccinations started becoming widely available, Florida Hospital Association figures show.

Florida now has the most per capita hospitalizations for COVID-19 in the United States, putting a heavy strain on hospitals, the AP reported.

On Saturday, there were a record-setting 21,683 new COVID-19 cases in the state.

Florida averaged 1,525 adult hospitalizations and 35 daily pediatric hospitalizations a day in the past week. Both are the highest per capita rate in the nation, Jason Salemi, an associate professor of epidemiology at the University of South Florida, told the AP.

"The recent rise is both striking and not-at-all surprising," Salemi said.

The more transmissible Delta variant has spread throughout Florida just as residents have resumed pre-pandemic activities. Republican Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has ruled out mandatory mask mandates and vaccine requirements, and on Friday he said that school districts could not require students to wear masks when classes resume next month.

But wearing masks in schools might be a good idea, since there has been an unexpected rise in the number of children with the coronavirus at hospitals in Miami, many of them requiring intensive care, the AP reported.

Memorial Health's Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital in Hollywood had seven patients with COVID-19. At Nicklaus Children's Hospital in Miami, there were 17 patients with COVID-19 on Friday, including six in the ICU and one who needed a ventilator, Dr. Marcos Mestre, vice president and chief medical officer, told the Miami Herald.

About half of the patients were under 12, Mestre said, and the rest were older and eligible for the vaccine. But none of the patients with COVID-19 at Nicklaus Children's on Friday were vaccinated. Most children who get COVID-19 do not need hospitalization, Mestre added.

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2021-08-02/florida-sees-record-number-of-covid-cases-hospitalizations

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
Re: Congratulations to Ron DeSantis
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2021, 12:36:42 PM »
Hey, they need to lead the nation in something, other than fast food fights...

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2021, 12:37:53 PM »
The wanna be Trump set an new record for Covid hospitalizations

I'm sure it's only a matter of time until Florida schools become the breeding ground for the next variant

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2021-08-02/florida-sees-record-number-of-covid-cases-hospitalizations

A breeding ground the way New York was, DESPITE having all of those mask mandates and other BS policies put in place by Cuomo, who seems to be in hot water all of a sudden? A year ago, he was the media's darling.

Plus, if Florida is so horrible, explain why all these NYers moving their happy behinds down here. I don't see anyone fleeing the Sunshine State for the safety and tranquility of that "paradise" (especially NYC).

Didn't we just have a "NY Pro" bodybuilding show in Tampa Bay (for the second straight year)?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2021, 12:39:59 PM »
Hey, they need to lead the nation in something, other than fast food fights...

Since this is GETBIG, Florida seems to be leading in place where promoters from blue states move their bodybuilding contests.

NY Pro - It's in Tampa
Chicago Pro - Orlando
Mr. Olympia - Orlando

Correction - Chicago Pro was held in Atlanta.

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2021, 12:40:10 PM »
The dirty (year old) masks on everyones stick shift dont do a thing.
Useless. May even be harmful...

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2021, 12:42:04 PM »
The dirty (year old) masks on everyones stick shift dont do a thing.
Useless. May even be harmful...

Plus, they can't make up their minds, which masks actually work. Is it the N95 ones that look like beaks? Is it those blue masks? Is it the designer cloth ones (I got a Tampa Bay Bucs one for my birthday)?

DeSantis just ripped Biden, big time, saying that Sleepy Joe is in no position to lecture him about coronavirus, while he and Harris leave the southern border WIDE OPEN, with COVID-plagued illegal aliens jumping the fence, left and right.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2021, 12:48:16 PM »
Another Strawman thread backfire. Fucker likes to be controlled

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2021, 12:53:02 PM »
Another Strawman thread backfire. Fucker likes to be controlled

Remind me of the last business that pulled up stakes from Florida to head up north, because of the pandemic again.

When some of my relatives from up north came to visit late last year, they were in utter SHOCK to see how "normal" things were here.

I even mentioned my gym being closed just three months; then they had the whole reservation-for-an-hour thing. That later got dissolved by the end of September.

You guys in Cali were supposed to have WrestleMania 37 this year. But, they moved it to where WM36 was supposed to be in 2020: Raymond James Stadium in Tampa. And don't forget the Mr. Olympia is here (Orlando) AGAIN in October.

If you want to move your contest here, welcome!!  ;D

Almost forgot. Most of this, per Straw's link, is coming from Miami (blue city/county). Big shocker there!!!

Miami-Dade was the last county to open up last year, once the guidelines President Trump OKed were put in place.

DeSantis didn't let the rest of the state suffer and let the mayors do their thing, provided they didn't turn into DeBlasios or Lightfoots.

Jerry Demings (Orange County mayor) actually had some sense last year; but it appears he now wants to get his dictator on. So, DeSantis told him to pound sand.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2021, 12:55:50 PM »

A breeding ground the way New York was, DESPITE having all of those mask mandates and other BS policies put in place by Cuomo, who seems to be in hot water all of a sudden? A year ago, he was the media's darling.

Plus, if Florida is so horrible, explain why all these NYers moving their happy behinds down here. I don't see anyone fleeing the Sunshine State for the safety and tranquility of that "paradise" (especially NYC).

Didn't we just have a "NY Pro" bodybuilding show in Tampa Bay (for the second straight year)?

NYC was a breeding ground mostly BEFORE mask mandates and other measures
At present NYC is nowhere near where Florida is and Florida is only going to get worse due to the Trumptard running the state

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2021, 12:56:58 PM »
Since this is GETBIG, Florida seems to be leading in place where promoters from blue states move their bodybuilding contests.

NY Pro - It's in Tampa
Chicago Pro - Orlando
Mr. Olympia - Orlando

Yeah, that's because Florida has no restrictions which is also why they just broke their own record for Covid cases

what was your point again..?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2021, 01:00:38 PM »
NYC was a breeding ground mostly BEFORE mask mandates and other measures
At present NYC is nowhere near where Florida is and Florida is only going to get worse due to the Trumptard running the state

The "Trumptard" was running the state last year, when the numbers were (and still are) nowhere near the body count that was in NY. And this was with Cuomo (and DeBlasio) implementing all their shutdowns and mandates. Why did they have more deaths than the rest of the country COMBINED around this time last year?

Again, that would explain all these NY yokels fleeing DOWN HERE. Show me some Floridians fleeing to NY for safety from the virus. Show me the southern businesses, sporting events, and festivals, going up north.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2021, 01:03:13 PM »
Yeah, that's because Florida has no restrictions which is also why they just broke their own record for Covid cases

what was your point again..?

They could break their record 10 times and still not be anywhere near New York....WHOSE GOVERNOR (and mayor of the state's largest city) ALREADY IMPLEMENTED the same stupid policies for which you criticized DeSantis for not implementing.

They had mask mandates; they shut down schools and businesses far longer than needed; they stripped Americans of freedom and liberties. Yet, the bodies piled up, to the point where they needed medical ships and barges to help them.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2021, 01:07:14 PM »
Dare I mention that Straw is now listening to the same imbeciles who claimed that masks aren't needed if you get the vaccine.

These are also the same morons who bashed DeSantis for PRIORITIZING SENIORS (the group most likely to get and die from this virus, as they did by the literal truckload in NY) to get vaccinated.

Then, there are these same dummies who SCARED non-white people into not getting the vaccines, when Trump was president; but now they want to force those same non-white people to get them, now that Biden is in the Oval Office.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2021, 01:15:47 PM »
They could break their record 10 times and still not be anywhere near New York....WHOSE GOVERNOR (and mayor of the state's largest city) ALREADY IMPLEMENTED the same stupid policies for which you criticized DeSantis for not implementing.

They had mask mandates; they shut down schools and businesses far longer than needed; they stripped Americans of freedom and liberties. Yet, the bodies piled up, to the point where they needed medical ships and barges to help them.

Go ahead and post NYC current Covid numbers compared to Florida

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2021, 01:20:59 PM »

Go ahead and show me all the folks leaving Florida to go to NY. Plus, nice attempt at a bait and switch, comparing an entire state to one city.

Per your own article, these cases are mainly in Miami, not the rest of the state. Where are the outbreaks in Jacksonville, Tampa Bay area, the Panhandle region, the Space Coast?

DeSantis was making the vaccines available for everyone here, while imbeciles like Cuomo and other blue state governors, were scaring the willies out of their citizens, saying the vaccines wouldn't even work....at least when Trump was in office.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2021, 01:21:29 PM »

I got one. Prove it’s all Chinavirus

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2021, 01:22:38 PM »

Your fantasy cuomosexual hero already killed off all the old people. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2021, 01:25:30 PM »
Your fantasy cuomosexual hero already killed off all the old people.

Florida has more senior citizens than NY; so, why were all those old people dropping up there instead of down there, DESPITE NY's IMPLEMENTATION of these mandates over which Straw can't stop slobbering?

And, why oh why, do they KEEP COMING DOWN HERE, if NY is so God-Blessed safe?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2021, 02:22:03 PM »
Remind me of the last business that pulled up stakes from Florida to head up north, because of the pandemic again.

When some of my relatives from up north came to visit late last year, they were in utter SHOCK to see how "normal" things were here.

I even mentioned my gym being closed just three months; then they had the whole reservation-for-an-hour thing. That later got dissolved by the end of September.

You guys in Cali were supposed to have WrestleMania 37 this year. But, they moved it to where WM36 was supposed to be in 2020: Raymond James Stadium in Tampa. And don't forget the Mr. Olympia is here (Orlando) AGAIN in October.

If you want to move your contest here, welcome!!  ;D

Almost forgot. Most of this, per Straw's link, is coming from Miami (blue city/county). Big shocker there!!!

Miami-Dade was the last county to open up last year, once the guidelines President Trump OKed were put in place.

DeSantis didn't let the rest of the state suffer and let the mayors do their thing, provided they didn't turn into DeBlasios or Lightfoots.

Jerry Demings (Orange County mayor) actually had some sense last year; but it appears he now wants to get his dictator on. So, DeSantis told him to pound sand.

Our state is already screwed it was screwed before Newsom although I must say Newsom also makes Brown look like a Republican and if Newsom keeps his post in September, we’ll be totally fucked. With zero science backing it, Garcetti mandated masks just in time for schools to reopen in LA. On the Newsom front, his recall is coming up September 14 and his using the fake numbers of increasing Chinavirus numbers to justify mail in ballots. Because he’s Governor, he also has unlimited funding while his opponents have to limit campaign funds....stay tuned

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2021, 02:22:57 PM »
Go ahead and show me all the folks leaving Florida to go to NY. Plus, nice attempt at a bait and switch, comparing an entire state to one city.

Per your own article, these cases are mainly in Miami, not the rest of the state. Where are the outbreaks in Jacksonville, Tampa Bay area, the Panhandle region, the Space Coast?

DeSantis was making the vaccines available for everyone here, while imbeciles like Cuomo and other blue state governors, were scaring the willies out of their citizens, saying the vaccines wouldn't even work....at least when Trump was in office.

or you can just admit that you're a liar and that's fine too

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2021, 02:24:06 PM »

When did I ever say that

Why are you avoiding supporting your claim ?

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2021, 02:41:48 PM »
The rise in Florida cases has been explained by climate.
Right now in Florida it is hotter than blazes so people are staying indoors in air conditioning.
Congregating indoors has caused an increase in Covid infections.
In contrast, people in NY are outside most of the time which lessens infection rates.
It's predicted this will flip-flop when cold weather returns to northern states and mild weather returns to Florida.

NY: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/region/us/new-york

FL: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/region/us/florida

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2021, 02:49:37 PM »
Right now in Florida it is hotter than blazes so people are staying indoors in air conditioning.
In contrast, people in NY are outside most of the time which lessens infection rates.
It's predicted this will flip-flop when cold weather returns to northern states and mild weather returns to Florida.

This is something I saw weeks ago, and it makes total directional sense.
Y

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2021, 02:51:55 PM »
This is something I saw weeks ago, and it makes total directional sense.

I heard it today on a podcast.  It's logical.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2021, 03:15:38 PM »

explained by who again ?

So you're saying it's just the climate that causing Florida to have a higher hospitalization rate now than then did at this same time last year...even though we have vaccines now and didn't have them last year

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense  ::) ::)