Author Topic: John Kerry  (Read 6047 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
John Kerry
« on: December 23, 2006, 12:50:58 PM »
I just watched the Stolen Honor documentary.  I knew about Kerry's comments and the reaction by POWs, but my goodness.  To hear the Vietnam vets and their wives talk about the impact of Kerry's comments is incredible.  What a dishonorable coward.  He actually endangered the lives of our POWs.  To think he was almost commander in chief.  Thank God he didn't make it.

http://www.stolenhonor.com/home.asp

Mr. Intenseone

Re: John Kerry
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 05:17:42 PM »
Right, cause Bush never "endangered" lives by dismissing all the pre-911 intelligence warnings.

Thats bullshit....are you going to say that same thing when we have another President in office too? It's inevitable......it's not "if" but "when" we will be hit again!!

C'mon Rob, I know your smarter than that...........the President (any President) will get intel warnings all the time, this is the ONLY President that has taken every threat seriously!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2006, 05:25:45 PM »
Right, cause Bush never "endangered" lives by dismissing all the pre-911 intelligence warnings.

Kerry is a douche. You're beating a dead horse today.  Fix your own broken party.

You're a Republican.  It's your party.  Or was that last week?  What are you this week again?  Green Party?  I forget. . . .

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2006, 05:25:46 PM »
Yea...  To funny, like the Republican party/right wing just rode in on a white Andalusian  ::) You all have no highground right now. ;)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2006, 05:38:40 PM »
Whatever that means. . . .  ::)  Doesn't change the fact that Kerry is a coward.  His conduct was disgraceful.  I wouldn't be as upset about it if he didn't try and use his military service to run for commander in chief.  I still remember his salute and "reporting for duty" comment right before his convention speech.  What a louse.   >:( 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2006, 05:50:00 PM »
Whatever that means. . . .  ::)  Doesn't change the fact that Kerry is a coward.  His conduct was disgraceful.  I wouldn't be as upset about it if he didn't try and use his military service to run for commander in chief.  I still remember his salute and "reporting for duty" comment right before his convention speech.  What a louse.   >:( 
It means you're being a hypocrite, enjoy ;)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2006, 05:51:08 PM »
It means you're being a hypocrite, enjoy ;)

Not practicing what I preach?  How so? 

Delusional Liberal

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2006, 06:45:42 PM »

this sentence contradicts your 9/11 consp. theories.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2006, 08:44:07 AM »
Once again proving you cannot help but inject that crackpot conspiracy theory in nearly every thread on this board.   ::)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2006, 08:58:23 AM »
Once again proving you cannot help but inject that crackpot conspiracy theory in nearly every thread on this board.   ::)
The way I see it, you opened the door, deal with it.  I mean you can't ask for nothing to be said when you post this right wing crap condemning Kerry... Yea Kerry is a Grade A asshat, but how do you think it looks, the right pointing fingers right now...  Looks like a big hypocritical oops... Don't you all have enough looming scandals and treasonous behavior to deal with?  Yea, you come in here like the right does no wrong, don't get in 240's shit because he delivers a, but look at Bush and then defends after being challenged...  I've got on 240's case for hijacking threads when he does it and this ain't it bubba...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2006, 09:05:09 AM »
The way I see it, you opened the door, deal with it.  I mean you can't ask for nothing to be said when you post this right wing crap condemning Kerry... Yea Kerry is a Grade A asshat, but how do you think it looks, the right pointing fingers right now...  Looks like a big hypocritical oops... Don't you all have enough looming scandals and treasonous behavior to deal with?  Yea, you come in here like the right does no wrong, don't get in 240's shit because he delivers a, but look at Bush and then defends after being challenged...  I've got on 240's case for hijacking threads when he does it and this ain't it bubba...

Here is the way I see it, bubba, I watched a documentary for the first time yesterday and posted my opinion about the documentary.

In response, you and your liberal sweetheart changed the subject to 911, Bush, Republicans, etc.  You also called me a hypocrite and were unable to explain why when asked.  (You didn't use the word properly BTW.)  So, frankly, I could care less whether you believe the thread was hijacked or not.  I expressed my opinion about Kerry.  He's a coward.  You and 240 don't like it.  Tough.   ::) 

Carry on with your loony conspiracy talk . . . .   

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2006, 09:41:36 AM »
Here is the way I see it, bubba, I watched a documentary for the first time yesterday and posted my opinion about the documentary.

In response, you and your liberal sweetheart changed the subject to 911, Bush, Republicans, etc.  You also called me a hypocrite and were unable to explain why when asked.  (You didn't use the word properly BTW.)  So, frankly, I could care less whether you believe the thread was hijacked or not.  I expressed my opinion about Kerry.  He's a coward.  You and 240 don't like it.  Tough.   ::) 

Carry on with your loony conspiracy talk . . . .   

You need to re-read my post bubba... Obviously you're so thick skulled that not one word soaked in before you posted...  And quit stealing my lines, I called you bubba first.  It just sounds stupid when you do it ;)  You bring up Kerry's "dishonorable ways" calling him a coward and you don't think it's fair game for 240 to come in with what he and many people believe are the dishonerable ways of the man he ran against, BUSH?... Get a flipping clue man... As I said before, I have got on 240 for hijacking threads and this ain't it...  If and when he does it, I'll say something but you're going to have to deal when it's called for.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2006, 11:44:56 AM »
You need to re-read my post bubba... Obviously you're so thick skulled that not one word soaked in before you posted...  And quit stealing my lines, I called you bubba first.  It just sounds stupid when you do it ;)  You bring up Kerry's "dishonorable ways" calling him a coward and you don't think it's fair game for 240 to come in with what he and many people believe are the dishonerable ways of the man he ran against, BUSH?... Get a flipping clue man... As I said before, I have got on 240 for hijacking threads and this ain't it...  If and when he does it, I'll say something but you're going to have to deal when it's called for.

You obviously didn't understand my post.  I'm not asking you to say or do anything.  I don't care what you do and don't say.  Comprendo?   ::) 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2006, 11:46:33 AM »
When I heard Bush took EVERY intel warning serious, I had to interject, as he ignored the very real ones about 911.  And BB, it's not about repub/dem, i really wish you'd learn that.  That's a conditioned response, a divisive tactic used to make the population hate each other, rather than demand the policies be changed which allow these abuses.

You're very clearly scared.  And I mean scared shitless.  You were alive during Vietnam, and you now know the Gulf of Tonken was staged.  You've seen a decade long war started over a lie.  For you to support a second one shows you just have some serious blinders on. Usually the old timers nearing 40 will know the govt pulls BS and lies and wastes thousands of lives for a greedy agenda.  Why haven't you learned what most others in your demo have learned?  I'm sure being a bar bunny (military groupee), you get to wear the groupthink cap a little longer.  But at the end of the day, you do watch the news, you see a few dead each day, and you really can't justify why.  WMD? Democracy? Sadaam?  All completed.  That oil pipeline is the only reason kids are gonna die on Christmas in Iraq.  What a sad, sad state.  And even sadder that you defend it so vehemently, while quietly aware of the hypocracy of it.  

Go eat some turkey and say a prayer for the men we'll lose tonight and tomorrow.  They're the true victims in all of this, and as much as you claim to be their friend, you support what you know are the lies of a small group which is currently harming so many.

You are a 911 post whore.  Carry on. 

OneBigMan

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2006, 01:22:36 PM »
John Kerry was and still is a non factor besides being senator of Massachusetts. I'm still saying that despite the fact that I only voted for Bush once and that was in the last election that mattered which was the Florida recount year. The only election that mattered after that was the congressional races when the senator from Mississippi celebrated by saying things he probably doesn't regret.

Delusional Liberal

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2006, 02:18:10 PM »
kerry is a traitor

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2006, 03:17:41 PM »
  He actually endangered the lives of our POWs. 
http://www.stolenhonor.com/home.asp

while bush send thousands to die in an ilegal war...

hmmm

endanger versus actually killing em...

you're the kinda folk that coined the term "stupid fucking american" overseas  :-\
carpe` vaginum!

Delusional Liberal

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2006, 04:33:13 PM »
while bush send thousands to die in an ilegal war...

hmmm

endanger versus actually killing em...

you're the kinda folk that coined the term "stupid fucking american" overseas  :-\
stupidest post ive read today.  typical dirty paki.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2006, 04:59:14 PM »
You obviously didn't understand my post.  I'm not asking you to say or do anything.  I don't care what you do and don't say.  Comprendo?   ::) 
you're an idiot... a real idiot... I wasn't attempting to do shit for you.  ::) Did you ask me to do something, no...  ::)  It's my stated position on your little meltdown.  I said that to put for that this is not a hijacking backing up my position with being willing to criticize 240 when he did hijack a post in the past... You need again to read what I posted and Slow down man.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2006, 05:01:04 PM »
kerry is a traitor

I agree, ship hip to China one way ticket.

Delusional Liberal

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2006, 07:51:46 AM »
No way.  With their economic prospects, he'd end up making more money there than in the US. 
how do you figure?

Delusional Liberal

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2006, 12:51:11 PM »
DL, I know you believe the dollar is only acting weak, but we're in for a shitstorm in the next 3 years.  China is abuot 3 real life killer ap ideas away from becoming the new global superpower while the US toils in unrest after the Bush regime moves to paraguay and the next guy inherits 3 wars, global hate, a dead dollar, and 10 trillion in debt.

merry christmas!
i own a factory in china, im there 6 months out of the year.   they wont be overtaking the US anytime soon, if ever.  too many problems. . .   now can china challenge USA domanance, specifically in asia, definitly.  that's a great thing for the US, competition is healthy, it's bad to get too comfortable.. so i think the china threat angle that the some of the media is playing is good.

some numbers

china total real GDP: 2.25 trillion
USA total real GDP: nearly 13 trillion

china population: 1.3 billion(1.5billion in 2030)
USA population: 300 million

china GDP per capita: 1,700
USA GDP per capita: 43,000

for china to catch up with the US, our economy would need to freeze in time, while china grows at 10+% anually for many more decades, to catch up just on gross GDP
now

is chinas double digit growth sustainable in the long term?
will china be able to meet its energy demands to fuel the growth?
can china continue to polute at the current rate and higher neccesary to facilitate further growth when their pollution is already beyond crisis level with no economic consequences?
will the CCP manage to stay in power?
how will underpopulation affect china, a third world country economically?

Delusional Liberal

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2006, 12:59:26 PM »
heres a good article on china polution, it's really hard to describe unless you experience yourself. i work in xianju city and its miserable there,but on the ocasional day when it's windy is tolerable. you get a sore throat from just walking outside, sun is green when you can see it, smog is like a thick fog, no clean rivers or lakes, acid rain.  
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Environmental Costs in China
This commentary is by the vice-minister of China’s state Environmental Protection Administration:

Comment: China must pay pollution debt now or face bankruptcy, by Pan Yue, Project Syndicate: For a decade, the world has wondered when China’s leaders will recognise the staggering environmental crisis confronting their country.

This year, we got an answer: A new Five-Year Plan that makes environmental protection a priority. A storm of green propaganda has followed, and the government now talks about using "Green GDP" to measure development. But will all this talk amount to real progress?

While the central government admits to some of the environmental degradation caused by rapid economic growth, the picture it paints is incomplete. Consider "Green GDP". This spring, the state Environmental Protection Administration produced the country’s first official estimate of ... environmental losses. According to these calculations, it would cost US$84 billion (RM302 billion ) to clean up the pollution produced in 2004, or three per cent of GDP for that year. But more realistic estimates put environmental damage at 8-13 per cent ... each year, which means that China has lost almost everything it has gained since the late 1970s due to pollution.

China’s environmental problems, complex as the causes may be, can ultimately be attributed to our understanding of Marxism. For most of our recent history, we saw in Marxism only a philosophy of class struggle. We believed that economic development would solve all our problems. In the reform period, this misreading of Marx morphed into an unrestrained pursuit of material gain devoid of morality. Traditional Chinese culture, with its emphasis on harmony between human beings and nature, was thrown aside.

As a result, China’s economy is dominated by resource-hungry and inefficient polluters, such as coal and mineral mines, textile and paper mills, iron and steel makers, and petrochemical factories. Our cities are exploding in size, depleting water resources and creating horrific traffic congestion.

One-quarter of China’s people drink substandard water; one-third of urbanites breathe polluted air. Moreover, the country recently witnessed a spate of environmental accidents. Indeed, on average, China suffers a major water pollution accident every other day.

Although China has signed the Kyoto Protocol and some 50 other international environmental accords, we do little to honour them. ... Unfortunately, unlike Western countries, we cannot afford to wait until our per capita annual GDP reaches US$10,000 before tackling our environmental problems. Our experts predict that the environmental crisis will intensify to a critical stage by the time China’s per capita annual GDP reaches just US$3,000.

Making matters worse, ... the ... concept of a "social contract" based on rights and obligations — the essential values that constitute the most important precondition for effective environmental protection — goes ignored. As a result, environmental protection projects often fail to be included in calculating production costs. Scarcely anyone bothers to consider the environmental costs to, or rights of, the country’s poor and powerless. It is imperative that environmental factors figure in China’s macroeconomic planning in a real way. ...

Finally, China needs a new energy strategy. Industrialised nations have developed and made great use of nuclear, solar, wind and bio-gas, and other renewable energy resources. China’s technological capacities in this sector lag behind even other developing nations such as India and Pakistan, and its reliance on coal is one of the greatest threats to the global climate. For now, there is simply no alternative. But in the long run, clean energy will be the only way to bring economic growth without doing irreparable environmental damage.

Government cannot solve these problems on its own. China’s people have the biggest stake in environmental protection, and so must become the driving force. ... But ultimate power does rest with the government. China’s leaders need to ... move beyond rhetoric. They must give real power to environmental officials to implement laws and close legal loopholes. ...

China is dangerously near a crisis point. The country’s enormous environmental debt will have to be paid, one way or another. China must exercise the foresight needed to begin paying this debt now, when it is manageable, rather than allowing it to accumulate and, ultimately, threaten to bankrupt us all.

Delusional Liberal

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2006, 01:00:14 PM »
what kinda factory BTW?  Interesting@
raw pharmaceuticals in powder/liquid form

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2006, 01:00:53 PM »
i own a factory in china, im there 6 months out of the year.   they wont be overtaking the US anytime soon, if ever.  too many problems. . .   now can china challenge USA domanance, specifically in asia, definitly.  that's a great thing for the US, competition is healthy, it's bad to get too comfortable.. so i think the china threat angle that the some of the media is playing is good.

some numbers

china total real GDP: 2.25 trillion
USA total real GDP: nearly 13 trillion

china population: 1.3 billion(1.5billion in 2030)
USA population: 300 million

china GDP per capita: 1,700
USA GDP per capita: 43,000

for china to catch up with the US, our economy would need to freeze in time, while china grows at 10+% anually for many more decades, to catch up just on gross GDP
now

is chinas double digit growth sustainable in the long term?
will china be able to meet its energy demands to fuel the growth?
can china continue to polute at the current rate and higher neccesary to facilitate further growth when their pollution is already beyond crisis level with no economic consequences?
will the CCP manage to stay in power?
how will underpopulation affect china, a third world country economically?

Jesus f'ng Christ - you've made some points that I actually agree with.  It's a Christmas miracle.  

Let's not forget the Chinese banking crisis we've been reading about for two years now.  Supposedly steps have been taken to diminish/prevent it but I'm still a bit dubious.