Author Topic: To Mr. Intenseone............(24 season 5 spoiler alert lololololoz )  (Read 1929 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Loving your Country does not require loving your government and especially does not require having "faith" in your government.  People with faith in the government block the true patriots, the people who know the best thing they can do for their country is to keep the government on the level.  It's been said a million times, absolute power corrupts absolutely and that is absolutely true every single time and nothing will better serve absolute power than absolute "faith" in government.  I'll keep my flag and proudly wave it when I see fit even at a time I'm critical of the idjits hired to govern--the Government is not America, WE are America.  My distrust of Government has a longer history in America than the faithful so chew on that idea for a bit.  Have a happy new year and great success ;D

amc1980

• Getbig III
  • Thats a special hat, Spirit, give it baaaaack!
Re: To Mr. Intenseone
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 06:37:13 AM »
Your un-americaness(?) would make Jack Bauer sick with rage, Beserker!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 06:39:27 AM »
Your un-americaness(?) would make Jack Bauer sick with rage, Beserker!
Let the flaming begin in full ;D

amc1980

• Getbig III
  • Thats a special hat, Spirit, give it baaaaack!
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2006, 07:16:00 AM »
Dude, I've got eight episodes of series 5 to go! >:(
Actually, in Season 5, bauer unveiled a plot in which the current president was involved in the murder of a former president and blew the whistle.

By the latest definition around here, Jack Bauer would be considered unAmerican for not listening to the current (albeit guilty as sin) president.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2006, 07:27:48 AM »
Dude, I've got eight episodes of series 5 to go! >:(
lol... whooops ;D You brought it up :P

Mr. Intenseone

Re: To Mr. Intenseone............(24 season 5 spoiler alert lololololoz )
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2006, 01:26:26 PM »
Loving your Country does not require loving your government and especially does not require having "faith" in your government.  People with faith in the government block the true patriots, the people who know the best thing they can do for their country is to keep the government on the level.  It's been said a million times, absolute power corrupts absolutely and that is absolutely true every single time and nothing will better serve absolute power than absolute "faith" in government.  I'll keep my flag and proudly wave it when I see fit even at a time I'm critical of the idjits hired to govern--the Government is not America, WE are America.  My distrust of Government has a longer history in America than the faithful so chew on that idea for a bit.  Have a happy new year and great success ;D

Berserker, you know as well as I do if we had a Dem/Lib in office the media and liberals alike would be 100% behind that President if it were the same circumstances and you know it!!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2006, 01:32:54 PM »
Berserker, you know as well as I do if we had a Dem/Lib in office the media and liberals alike would be 100% behind that President if it were the same circumstances and you know it!!

I'm doubtful about 100%.   Historically Dems are all over the map and can't get organized to do much of anything. 
The new breed of Republicans on the other hand are much more like a crime family where loyalty to the leader is paramount.  Party before country and for all their failings (and there are MANY) they do seem to be good at coordinating their efforts behind and agenda.  This may be lessened now that DeLay is gone.  Not sure if The Boner is up to the task.  You've got to be a real ball buster to get that done.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2006, 01:37:07 PM »
Oh cockgobblins... like they really gave Clinton any breaks ::) They really went easy on him during the monica thing ::)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2006, 01:39:38 PM »

The first mistake here is believing we have a liberal media....and lets not get into what that says about....

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2006, 01:44:32 PM »
I would put equally scrutiny on any administration.

Iraq's going to cost us two trillion when you add in long term health care costs.  That's if we stop TODAY.

We have lost three thousand men since the war started.

I wouldn't care if it was my own mother running the white house, I'd be calling for her to end a war of aggression based on lies.

politics has nothing to do with this anymore.  It's about America's future.  To trivialize the recession our children will live thru because "but clinton did..." is pure silliness and shows an inability to comprehend the severity of this war and its consequences.

nice!  good post