Author Topic: Is the terrorist threat that large?  (Read 1520 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Is the terrorist threat that large?
« on: December 29, 2006, 11:15:49 AM »
Think about it.....

What's to prevent a terrorists from lauching a stinger missileat a plane landing or taking off in and around an airport?

What's to prevent a terrorist at the portland airport for example, from rolling next to the runway with a .50 cal in the back of his truck and opening up on a 747?

It really seems too easy to do both those things. 

You'd think that if there was as much of a terrorist threat in the USA that something like that would have happened by now.

So,  i'm thinkning the "threat" we've been sold isn't as much as it really is.

Maybe what we did in afghanistan dealt a massive blow to the threat and the Bush administration and the Millitary Idustrial complex and others who profit from defense spending are making it seem otherwise.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Re: Is the terrorist threat that large?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 11:46:22 AM »

Terrorists aren't concerned at all with their 'home countries'.  The 'death to America' people get to enjoy life here while plotting their next mass murders.  They wouldn't dream of returning to their native lands in order to help build the infrastructures and economies.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 01:14:15 PM »
One thing should be clear:

The most alarming detailed accounts of threats will come from those with the most to gain. 

Think about that.

When Bush/Blair were getting destroyed in the polls this summer, what did they do?  They unveiled a great terror plot about AlQ trying to blow up ten planes at once.  We all lost ability to drink on planes. THey saved the day and we weren't patriots if we didn't agree to 6 more months of war.

Well, it turns out the plot was not what it seemed.  Many of those involved didn't even have their passports and were at least 6 months away from flying.  And the alleged plotters have quietly, 1 or 2 a week, been RELEASED AND CLEARED OF ANY WRONGDOING. 

So Bush/Blair had enough evidence to shut down airports and disrupt international economy - but not enough for an indictment on any of these guys?  It's laughable.  They exaggerate threats to aid them politically.

Is this 100% accurate?  perhaps you have links?

Don't get me wrong.....   I totally believe it could happen

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2006, 01:16:29 PM »
Terrorists aren't concerned at all with their 'home countries'.  The 'death to America' people get to enjoy life here while plotting their next mass murders.  They wouldn't dream of returning to their native lands in order to help build the infrastructures and economies.

Have you met anyone who's ever said "death to america!"? The threat is large, but there aren't that many anti-america people living in the states and there are even fewer potential terrorists. Most of these hypocrites are too chicken shit to try anything.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2006, 01:23:25 PM »
Sleeper cells..............

They could what i suggested they could do....   

Maybe there aren;t very many in the US to begin with

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2006, 01:33:19 PM »
I live in NY where there's millions of muslims.. from pakis, arabs, africans, albanians, indians and I've never suspected anyone of being terrorists, or heard anyone on a anti-american rant.

Look at this forum, how many 'death to america' topics do you see? Would you describe haider, toxy and myself as terrorists? This forum is pretty much different from shit you hear on fox news, but what you hear about rednecks and biggots seems to hold true on this forum.  ;)

What's most pathetic is how you see some assholes on this forum acting as though they're victims of mass terrorism, when they haven't had a hair touched. Their attitudes are based on what they see on tv and internet forums. I know one guy who's a muslim fron Trinidad and he owns a big deli in downtown/wall street and his deli took a huge hit from 9/11 and nearly went out of business. He was a muslim that took a hit from 9/11, a hit worse than any pussy on this forum.

What Americans need to worry about is their own government doing stupid shit.. The US may in great shape economy wise, but the Iraq war is a disaster and this current government is openly pushing for a second war in the Middle East.