Author Topic: What if  (Read 5734 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
What if
« on: March 28, 2007, 01:48:04 PM »
15 members of the Iranian Revolutionary Guards Corps were detained in disputed/near British waters?  Or American waters?  Would the British or US just let them go :-\  I'm not siding with Iran, just wondering if they've done anything we wouldn't have done in the same situation?

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
Re: What if
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 01:51:01 PM »
15 members of the Iranian Revolutionary Guards Corps were detained in disputed/near British waters?  Or American waters?  Would the British or US just let them go :-\  I'm not siding with Iran, just wondering if they've done anything we wouldn't have done in the same situation?

Surely you're not implying that America has ever been hypocritical in its dealing with other nations... holding them to standards from which we consider ourselves exempt.

::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 01:53:31 PM »

Imagine us catching 15 high level spies from iran, 12.5 miles off the Potomac River.  

Their asses would be on the first plane to Gitmo and mm69 would be waterboarding and beating off to his hearts desire.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 01:59:46 PM »
Imagine us catching 15 high level spies from iran, 12.5 miles off the Potomac River.  

Their asses would be on the first plane to Gitmo and mm69 would be waterboarding and beating off to his hearts desire.

I would only beat off if they were women detainees and they wore white tshirts while being waterboarded
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 02:02:15 PM »
I would only beat off if they were women detainees and they wore white tshirts while being waterboarded

You're straight.

I mean, you're a sadistic, oil-thirsty blind hypocrite.

But you're a straight one!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 02:21:11 PM »
Surely you're not implying that America has ever been hypocritical in its dealing with other nations... holding them to standards from which we consider ourselves exempt.

::)
Did I fuck your sister or something?

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2007, 02:21:54 PM »
You're straight.

I mean, you're a sadistic, oil-thirsty blind hypocrite.

But you're a straight one!

NAH, I don't get off on oil either.....if it was me we would invade latin countries....hmmm latin women!!
gotta love life

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2007, 02:24:24 PM »
NAH, I don't get off on oil either.....if it was me we would invade latin countries....hmmm latin women!!

Brazil has been pretty quiet

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2007, 03:22:38 PM »
Did I fuck your sister or something?

I'm sorry if that came across as hostile.

My only point was that of course Iran hasn't done anything we wouldn't do in the same situation.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2007, 05:10:47 PM »

That's why Hugo is getting all the S. American nations to make friends.  He knows that in 12 or 15 years, when we own the middle east, we're going to start picking off the nations in S. America.

Look at it this way - if Iraq, iran, Syria, and Afghanistan had a solid alliance, we wouldn't have been able to start the 2 wars we have.  They stand alone and we can pick them off one by one (and we are!) 

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2007, 05:18:23 AM »
That's why Hugo is getting all the S. American nations to make friends.  He knows that in 12 or 15 years, when we own the middle east, we're going to start picking off the nations in S. America.

Look at it this way - if Iraq, iran, Syria, and Afghanistan had a solid alliance, we wouldn't have been able to start the 2 wars we have.  They stand alone and we can pick them off one by one (and we are!) 

exactly! but it isn't just for oil!!! lol
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2007, 06:26:40 AM »
exactly! but it isn't just for oil!!! lol

Even if only 1% of it is for oil, you lose the moral high ground.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2007, 06:40:53 AM »
As if they ever truly held it.  ::)
w

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2007, 07:13:10 AM »

Spies? Are you even less intelligent than I give you credit for?

Why are you making comparisons between the Brits captured to "high level spies"?

BTW have you EVER lived in another country?
الاسلام هو شيطانية

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2007, 08:04:43 AM »
Spies? Are you even less intelligent than I give you credit for?
Why are you making comparisons between the Brits captured to "high level spies"?
BTW have you EVER lived in another country?

Again with the personal insults.

Okay, let's pretend theyw ere just plain ol' Iranian sailors we caught 12.5 miles off our shores.  What would/should we do with em, boss?

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2007, 08:20:23 AM »
Again with the personal insults.

Okay, let's pretend theyw ere just plain ol' Iranian sailors we caught 12.5 miles off our shores.  What would/should we do with em, boss?

Interigated at most probably in Britain. Certainly not paraded.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2007, 09:00:34 AM »
Interigated at most probably in Britain. Certainly not paraded.

If they were 1000 feet into international waters - should they be detained then, or released according to maritime law?

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2007, 09:32:46 AM »
If they were 1000 feet into international waters - should they be detained then, or released according to maritime law?

I have no maritime law. But personally, it would be a secret, e.g. I wouldn't tell the press but I would contact Iran immediately. I would then interrogate them, the rest depends on the results of the interrogation.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2007, 09:40:54 AM »
I have no maritime law. But personally, it would be a secret, e.g. I wouldn't tell the press but I would contact Iran immediately. I would then interrogate them, the rest depends on the results of the interrogation.

Oh, so you don't respect world law, and would secretly kidnap people from free waters and hold them against their will. 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Admiralty_law

Hey, doesn't that make you a terrorist?   >:(  At the very least, a pirate!

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2007, 09:42:43 AM »
Oh, so you don't respect world law, and would secretly kidnap people from free waters and hold them against their will. 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Admiralty_law

Hey, doesn't that make you a terrorist?   >:(  At the very least, a pirate!

Oh right sorry, I mis-read and thought you meant into British waters.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2007, 09:49:17 AM »

You obviously haven't learned 240s game yet. Even when he KNOWS he is wrong he will string you along all day! Iran isn't wrong for taking hostages, you would just think someone with the world's eyes on their everymove would want to avoid raising tensions.
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2007, 09:51:48 AM »
You obviously haven't learned 240s game yet. Even when he KNOWS he is wrong he will string you along all day! Iran isn't wrong for taking hostages, you would just think someone with the world's eyes on their everymove would want to avoid raising tensions.

If they were in Iranian waters, are they still hostages?  Or are they prisoners?

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2007, 09:54:14 AM »
If they were in Iranian waters, are they still hostages?  Or are they prisoners?

Whatever you want to call them, detainees, prisoners, hostages whatever. Iran isn't in the "wrong" in my opinion. If the militaries of the world want to play near the fire they have to be willing to get burnt. If they were American, I would feel bad that they were going through it but if you get that close to a hostile nation..well you knew what might happen
gotta love life

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2007, 10:20:45 AM »
Once again a shitbag terrorist state does something bad and we're the bad guys.....why..what the fuck have we done but liberate millions spread democracy and even if that was all in the best interest of the American people only...do some of those same Americans feel we are the bad guy.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2007, 10:31:56 AM »
Iran isn't in the "wrong" in my opinion.

Wow, brave statement, seriously.

I think you might take some flak from the farrighters/neotaints here.