Author Topic: Anti-war mom Cindy Sheehan gives up her protest  (Read 5941 times)

AE

• Getbig III
  • Retribution is Certain
Anti-war mom Cindy Sheehan gives up her protest
« on: May 29, 2007, 04:46:44 AM »
She said her son died "for nothing."

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/05/28/sheehan/index.html

Only Bush victory in last couple of years. Repugs will be revelling.  :-\

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Anti-war mom Cindy Sheehan gives up her protest
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 08:58:24 AM »
Lead story on CNN.com for two days. 

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 07:30:42 PM »
Be sure you tell Billary thank you for sending her son to war to die for nothing.

The Coach

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 08:07:30 PM »
Good riddance..........but on the flip side, maybe John Kerry can create another Cindy Sheehan and she can make a complete anti-American idiot of herself as well!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 09:17:03 PM »
Her son died to preserve the American way of life.  He died for manageable gas prices.  he died for our position against a froggy Rus and Chi. 

He also died so some companies could turn a profit.  He didn't die saving anyone from WMD.

Both sides should be honest.  He might have been snowed by the story line, might not have.  but he did choose to enlist, and everyone who enlists KNOWS that they're headed for trigger time - to kill or be killed.  It's very sad when they die - but they are doing their job which is to kill until they are killed, or their time of service is complete. 

Sheehan suffered a tragedy, but her son knew what he was signing up for.  At the same time, anyone "celebrating" her stepping down to be with her family should spend 5 minutes imagining how horrible it would be to attend their own child's funeral, THEN make their joke.  It's a sad sitauation that both sides are trying to milk.

The Coach

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 09:43:10 PM »
Her son died to preserve the American way of life.  He died for manageable gas prices.  he died for our position against a froggy Rus and Chi. 

He also died so some companies could turn a profit.  He didn't die saving anyone from WMD.

Both sides should be honest.  He might have been snowed by the story line, might not have.  but he did choose to enlist, and everyone who enlists KNOWS that they're headed for trigger time - to kill or be killed.  It's very sad when they die - but they are doing their job which is to kill until they are killed, or their time of service is complete. 

Sheehan suffered a tragedy, but her son knew what he was signing up for.  At the same time, anyone "celebrating" her stepping down to be with her family should spend 5 minutes imagining how horrible it would be to attend their own child's funeral, THEN make their joke.  It's a sad sitauation that both sides are trying to milk.

HE re-enlisted..........fighting for his country, HE was a hero........although I hope I never feel her pain.........SHE is an opportunist who made money from her son's demise and John Kerry is the peice of crap who used HER pain for a political agenda!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 09:46:57 PM »
HE re-enlisted..........fighting for his country, HE was a hero........although I hope I never feel her pain.........SHE is an opportunist who made money from her son's demise and John Kerry is the peice of crap who used HER pain for a political agenda!

He was a hero.  He did make the choice.  Re-enlisting shows he TOTALLY understood his position.
Kerry should NOT have touched the topic, other than to share his prayers and sit the fck down.

Question tho;
How much money did she make from her son's death?  I'm sure there are groups that watch that. 

The Coach

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 09:54:27 PM »

Question tho;
How much money did she make from her son's death?  I'm sure there are groups that watch that. 

I don't know, why don't find out from John Kerry, it's his payroll, she doesn't have a job that I'm aware of, someone's paying her way around the country..........mmmmm, I wonder who, maybe a liberal organization like MOVEON.ORG maybe???

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 09:56:14 PM »
EVERYONE OF YOU ARE LIBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
S

The Coach

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2007, 09:58:49 PM »
EVERYONE OF YOU ARE LIBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL.......yes ;D!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2007, 09:59:35 PM »
I don't know, why don't find out from John Kerry, it's his payroll, she doesn't have a job that I'm aware of, someone's paying her way around the country..........mmmmm, I wonder who, maybe a liberal organization like MOVEON.ORG maybe???

Well, I'd like to see the numbers.  

"Paying her way around the country" isn't a hugely moral offense.  She WORKS.  She gives speeches in front of large crowds, and endures very tough interviews.  Chris mathews beat her bloody on hardball last year.

If they gave her $5 million a year to bash bush, then yes, that is disgusting.
If they gave her a hotel and a salary to give speeches, you can't criticize that.  She has a job she believes in.  I am sure you would be a radio guest of Rush for $X a year if he offered - it'd be job you believe in.  just liek hers.

I'd love to know how much she made.  Would speak a lot on her motivations.

The Coach

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2007, 10:02:48 PM »
Well, I'd like to see the numbers.  

"Paying her way around the country" isn't a hugely moral offense.  She WORKS.  She gives speeches in front of large crowds, and endures very tough interviews.  Chris mathews beat her bloody on hardball last year.

If they gave her $5 million a year to bash bush, then yes, that is disgusting.
If they gave her a hotel and a salary to give speeches, you can't criticize that.  She has a job she believes in.  I am sure you would be a radio guest of Rush for $X a year if he offered - it'd be job you believe in.  just liek hers.

I'd love to know how much she made.  Would speak a lot on her motivations.

Chris Matthews? I want to see the transcripts, I have a feeling it was a soft interview.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2007, 10:03:41 PM »
LOL.......yes ;D!!

HAHA, it feels good.  ;D
S

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2007, 10:05:58 PM »
Chris Matthews? I want to see the transcripts, I have a feeling it was a soft interview.

you can google it.  It was anything BUT.  Mathews is anti-war, but he beats the shit out of people on both sides equally.  I've watched hardball for 5 years, every night.  I tape it when I have plans :)  I love hardball.  mathews was peace corps, a cop, a speechwriter for white house, and in the priesthood - and he believes WMD was a lie - but boy, he destroyed Sheehan.

It might have been 2 years ago. I remember, as I was very pro-Bush at the time, and I was laughing my ass off.  She looked dumb, simple, confused, stoned, etc.  Mathews was brutal.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2007, 10:08:04 PM »
Lead story on CNN.com for two days. 

front page in the "Vacaville Reporter".  I live 5 miles from Vacaville  ;D

The Coach

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2007, 10:13:17 PM »
you can google it.  It was anything BUT.  Mathews is anti-war, but he beats the shit out of people on both sides equally.  I've watched hardball for 5 years, every night.  I tape it when I have plans :)  I love hardball.  mathews was peace corps, a cop, a speechwriter for white house, and in the priesthood - and he believes WMD was a lie - but boy, he destroyed Sheehan.

It might have been 2 years ago. I remember, as I was very pro-Bush at the time, and I was laughing my ass off.  She looked dumb, simple, confused, stoned, etc.  Mathews was brutal.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8972348/

.........a day later he recommends her for congress ::)

http://www.mrc.org/cyberalerts/2005/cyb20050816.asp

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2007, 10:19:51 PM »
This is how matthews interviewed sheehan, who had just lost her son. 

MATTHEWS:  Can I ask you a tough question?  A very tough question.
MATTHEWS:  All right.  If your son had been killed in Afghanistan, would you have a different feeling?

MATTHEWS:  But Afghanistan was harboring, the Taliban was harboring al Qaeda which is the group that attacked us on 9/11.

MATTHEWS:  But that‘s where they were being harbored.  That‘s where they were headquartered.  Shouldn‘t we go after their headquarters?  Doesn‘t that make sense?

MATTHEWS: One of your relatives has given this statement to a conservative radio commentary for distribution.  So it seems like you have a division in your family.

MATTHEWS:  Were your husband‘s parents and grandparents on your side close to Casey?  Why are they going to war with you in public?  Why are they issuing a statement for national release through a conservative radio talk show host?  You knew Melanie is a bright woman.  She was going to get that out.  Why would they put out a statement that goes in the face of what you‘re doing in your camp?

The Coach

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2007, 10:21:37 PM »
This is how matthews interviewed sheehan, who had just lost her son. 

MATTHEWS:  Can I ask you a tough question?  A very tough question.
MATTHEWS:  All right.  If your son had been killed in Afghanistan, would you have a different feeling?

MATTHEWS:  But Afghanistan was harboring, the Taliban was harboring al Qaeda which is the group that attacked us on 9/11.

MATTHEWS:  But that‘s where they were being harbored.  That‘s where they were headquartered.  Shouldn‘t we go after their headquarters?  Doesn‘t that make sense?

MATTHEWS: One of your relatives has given this statement to a conservative radio commentary for distribution.  So it seems like you have a division in your family.

MATTHEWS:  Were your husband‘s parents and grandparents on your side close to Casey?  Why are they going to war with you in public?  Why are they issuing a statement for national release through a conservative radio talk show host?  You knew Melanie is a bright woman.  She was going to get that out.  Why would they put out a statement that goes in the face of what you‘re doing in your camp?

Means nothing.......post the responses.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2007, 10:24:41 PM »
Means nothing.......post the responses.

I didn't want to bore the reader with 10,000 words - they can click your link.

i said Mathews was hard on her, you disagreed, and I believe that proves it.  he's interviewing the mother of a recently dead son, and he's grilling her on family divisions and hypotheticals "What if your kid had died in this other place, would you feel the same".  He repeatedly went at her on her family, why they don't back her.

This is a grieving mom, and mathews is being rough on her, without a doubt.  no cupcake here.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2007, 10:25:46 PM »
I have a feeling it was a soft interview.

After reading his questions  - do you still call that "soft"?

The Coach

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2007, 10:26:36 PM »
I didn't want to bore the reader with 10,000 words - they can click your link.

i said Mathews was hard on her, you disagreed, and I believe that proves it.  he's interviewing the mother of a recently dead son, and he's grilling her on family divisions and hypotheticals "What if your kid had died in this other place, would you feel the same".  He repeatedly went at her on her family, why they don't back her.

This is a grieving mom, and mathews is being rough on her, without a doubt.  no cupcake here.

What proof? The moron recommeded her for congress the next day!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2007, 10:28:04 PM »
What proof? The moron recommeded her for congress the next day!

YOU SAID you bet it was a softball interview.

I didn't konw the thread had changed into "the next day he did this..."

Did ya not like the direction we were going in, and figured throwing this red herring into the blender woudl take our eyes off the original debate?

The Coach

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2007, 10:35:26 PM »
YOU SAID you bet it was a softball interview.

I didn't konw the thread had changed into "the next day he did this..."

Did ya not like the direction we were going in, and figured throwing this red herring into the blender woudl take our eyes off the original debate?

Was the interview hard enough to detur listeners from voting her into office after Matthews recommends her for congress?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2007, 12:12:07 AM »
I feel for this lady, but she is just dead wrong:

SHEEHAN:  I don‘t think so, Chris, because I believe that Afghanistan is almost the same thing.  We‘re fighting terrorism.  Or terrorists, we‘re saying.  But they‘re not contained in a country.  This is an ideology and not an enemy.  And we know that Iraq, Iraq had no terrorism.  They were no threat to the United States of America.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2007, 05:28:31 AM »
Was the interview hard enough to detur listeners from voting her into office after Matthews recommends her for congress?

you're changing it AGAIN joe.

NOW, it's about "did mathews do enough to deter voters from voting for her?"

Dude, stop.

You do this a lot.

You change the original debate OVER AND OVER.

Our discussion was 'did matthews give her a softball interview"?  - None of the other directions you have tried to skew this.  The man drilled her on family divisions and other death scenarios while her son's body was figuratively still warm.  If you see that as softball, tell us.  But don't change the subject over and over@