Author Topic: Abortion...  (Read 6879 times)

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
Re: Abortion...
« Reply #75 on: November 04, 2008, 07:01:57 PM »

no but pro life people have taken life. This is the kind of mind we are dealing with.

Yeah, and pro abortion proponents have too.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #76 on: November 04, 2008, 07:12:29 PM »

no but pro life people have taken life. This is the kind of mind we are dealing with.

if they kill people, they're not pro life now are they?  thats an ignorant statement.  i bet you get really mad when someone says that all muslims are terrorists dont you?  dont fight ignorance with more ignorance. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #77 on: November 04, 2008, 07:14:28 PM »
Abortion is done... 90 percent of people under 35 consider it settled.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: November 04, 2008, 07:47:33 PM »
if they kill people, they're not pro life now are they?  thats an ignorant statement.  i bet you get really mad when someone says that all muslims are terrorists dont you?  dont fight ignorance with more ignorance. 

what?

anti abortionists are pro life yet some have taken life via murder and some have assaulted doctors. How can one be pro life and take life?

you statement makes no sense, just another idiot ill have to destroy.

Yeah, and pro abortion proponents have too.

so? they havent killed abortion doctors claiming that they are protecting the destruction of life, its ironic. If a pro abortion proponent refused to have an abortion citing pro life this would be the same irony.

your argument is not the same. Why are they pro life for unborn children yet not pro life for actual living creatures. Im making a generalization but alot of writing has been done on the subject.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #79 on: November 04, 2008, 07:49:19 PM »
what?

anti abortionists are pro life yet some have taken life via murder and some have assaulted doctors. How can one be pro life and take life?

you statement makes no sense, just another idiot ill have to destroy.

so? they havent killed abortion doctors claiming that they are protecting the destruction of life, its ironic. If a pro abortion proponent refused to have an abortion citing pro life this would be the same irony.

your argument is not the same. Why are they pro life for unborn children yet not pro life for actual living creatures. Im making a generalization but alot of writing has been done on the subject.

I don't condone the killing of doctors. There are lunatics on both sides of this issue.

Your argument is weak because you're making a very broad generalization.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: November 05, 2008, 06:55:29 AM »
I don't condone the killing of doctors. There are lunatics on both sides of this issue.

Your argument is weak because you're making a very broad generalization.

yes i am. I realize this, it is not my main argument, read my long post for the main argument. I was just pointing out the irony per se.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #81 on: November 05, 2008, 08:56:25 AM »
ballot initiative relating to abortion:

South Dakota Initiative 11: abortion limits - NO 55% to 45%
Colorado Amendment 48: human life from moment of conception - NO 73% to 27%
California Proposition 4: parent notification - NO 52% to 48%

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #82 on: November 05, 2008, 09:23:25 AM »

Exactly... Abortion is DONE... The entire country is tired of it, it is a NONE issue.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #83 on: November 05, 2008, 09:23:45 AM »

At least prop 8 passed.  I hope these women can't have kids someday.   ;D
Squishy face retard

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #84 on: November 05, 2008, 09:27:36 AM »
At least prop 8 passed.  I hope these women can't have kids someday.   ;D

By 4 percent it did... It will not stand for ever... Just like Abortion, one day, Gay marriage will too become a NON issue because the young people will eventually not care.

That's what happens... The young push things forward.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: November 05, 2008, 09:29:57 AM »
By 4 percent it did... It will not stand for ever... Just like Abortion, one day, Gay marriage will too become a NON issue because the young people will eventually not care.

That's what happens... The young push things forward.
My generation, the young, are fucking stupid. Period.  They have no morals and values.

As far as abortion, if the woman can tell me shes going to have an abortion whether I like it or not I should be able to tell her whether or not I'm going to pay for the kid she does want.  Hell, I should just go sit on welfare and wait for my Osama hand out like all the other lazy fuckers.
Squishy face retard

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #86 on: November 05, 2008, 09:37:27 AM »
My generation, the young, are fucking stupid. Period.  They have no morals and values.

As far as abortion, if the woman can tell me shes going to have an abortion whether I like it or not I should be able to tell her whether or not I'm going to pay for the kid she does want.  Hell, I should just go sit on welfare and wait for my Osama hand out like all the other lazy fuckers.

don't worry.  you're still young.  some day you'll realize the world is not as black and white as you see it today

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #87 on: November 05, 2008, 09:39:55 AM »

ahh this takes me back to when I was young and knew it all.
DAWG

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #88 on: November 05, 2008, 09:40:21 AM »

I agree with your stance... If she can say she doesn't want it... I should be able to say I don't want to pay for it... I agree COMPLETELY.

I disagree with your stance on "morality"...

At one time it was considered "immoral" to be in an interracial relationship.

At one time it was considered "immoral" for a woman to dispute a man's will.

At one time it was considered "immoral" to have an abortion.

Morality is legislated by those who are the majority... One day, the bigoted towards gay marriage will not be the majority any longer... as the youth of today become the majority... As always with the world... Things will change.

Electing a Black Man with the Middle Name of Hussein to be President of the United States is proof that one day, Gay Marriage will be as allowed as any other marriage.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #89 on: November 05, 2008, 09:43:42 AM »
exactly scroll half way down the first page I already summed it up....NON ISSUE!
DAWG

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: November 05, 2008, 09:58:32 AM »
I agree with your stance... If she can say she doesn't want it... I should be able to say I don't want to pay for it... I agree COMPLETELY.

I disagree with your stance on "morality"...

At one time it was considered "immoral" to be in an interracial relationship.

At one time it was considered "immoral" for a woman to dispute a man's will.

At one time it was considered "immoral" to have an abortion.

Morality is legislated by those who are the majority... One day, the bigoted towards gay marriage will not be the majority any longer... as the youth of today become the majority... As always with the world... Things will change.

Electing a Black Man with the Middle Name of Hussein to be President of the United States is proof that one day, Gay Marriage will be as allowed as any other marriage.
Well then we can agree and disagree  ;D, but I was brought up differently.  Like it was said though, non-issue.  You almost never change people's minds on these issues.
Squishy face retard

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #91 on: November 05, 2008, 11:51:29 AM »
yes i am. I realize this, it is not my main argument, read my long post for the main argument. I was just pointing out the irony per se.

its frightening that you walk around thinking that what you say makes any sense.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #92 on: November 13, 2008, 04:45:18 AM »
what?

It is wrong for a pro-lifer to murder a doctor, and yes it is ironic and hypocritical.  However, how many pro-lifers have killed abortion doctors in the US?  Right off the top of my head I can think of only one.  You got any statistics on that?  Just because some crazy kills an abortion doctor doesn't mean that all or even most pro-lifers are murderers and hypocrites.  It's not a good argument.

Necrosis,
Theoretically, suppose medicine were to prove that life begins at conception and that embryos feel pain, would you become pro-life then or does this even matter to you?  I know of some respected, educated people who say that it does not matter because they say that there is nothing wrong with destroying innocent life as long as that innocent life is not contributing to society.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #93 on: November 13, 2008, 05:31:48 AM »
Exactly... Abortion is DONE... The entire country is tired of it, it is a NONE issue.

Exactly, and flinging it around as a campaign issue just detracts from the real issues.

On a sheerly pragmatic side - it won't ever be banned in all states anyway, so all anyone has to do is slip to another state. On the far fetched notion it is banned nationwide all anyone has to do is go to another nation. There is no way to stop people from getting abortions, so get a grip and move onto actual real issues.

And some of the same people who preach - if their wife was raped by someone of another race and became pregnant or their 11 year old daughter was raped quite a few would be changing their tune ::)

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #94 on: November 13, 2008, 07:03:47 AM »
Exactly, and flinging it around as a campaign issue just detracts from the real issues.

On a sheerly pragmatic side - it won't ever be banned in all states anyway, so all anyone has to do is slip to another state. On the far fetched notion it is banned nationwide all anyone has to do is go to another nation. There is no way to stop people from getting abortions, so get a grip and move onto actual real issues.

And some of the same people who preach - if their wife was raped by someone of another race and became pregnant or their 11 year old daughter was raped quite a few would be changing their tune ::)

i really cant stand when people use this type of argument when discussing abortion.  stop bullshitting yourself and act like abortion is there for rape victims.  thats not who gets abortions.  under 7% combined of all abortions are for reasons of rape/incest, danger to the mother's health, danger to the fetuses health.  i personally believe in the decision of roe v wade.  the men and women who passed this law i believe had their heart in the right place.  but what the people have done with the law is disgusting.  they have ripped to shreds and spit on what the people who passed the law were trying to accomplish.  abortion is simply a matter of convenience now.  dont be naive and think it is anything but.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: November 13, 2008, 11:13:14 AM »
It is wrong for a pro-lifer to murder a doctor, and yes it is ironic an hypocritical.  However, how many pro-lifers have killed abortion doctors in the US?  Right off the top of my head I can think of only one.  You got any statistics on that?  Just because some crazy kills an abortion doctor doesn't mean that all or even most pro-lifers are murderers and hypocrites.  It's not a good argument.

Necrosis,
Theoretically, suppose medicine were to prove that life begins at conception and that embryos feel pain, would you become pro-life then or does this even matter to you?  I know of some respected, educated people who say that it does not matter because they say that there is nothing wrong with destroying innocent life as long as that innocent life is not contributing to society.

when the organism is capable of life outside the womb i will consider it alive. During various embryonic stages all kinds of changes are occuring, all of these are arbitrary ime if we try to establish law on them.

zygotes are aborted all the time, forming into a morula and continuing on through the various stages offers little gurantee that the fetus will not be aborted. I would choose not to make a differentiation until it is a sustainable life, until then i see little difference between a half formed baby and a newly fertilized zygote.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #96 on: November 13, 2008, 12:45:00 PM »

Hardly.  There are millions of people with pro life views.  And they vote.  Here is an older article talking about public views on abortion.  Hardly a settled issue.  http://www.religioustolerance.org/abopoll05.htm

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #97 on: November 13, 2008, 01:01:39 PM »
Hardly.  There are millions of people with pro life views.  And they vote.  Here is an older article talking about public views on abortion.  Hardly a settled issue.  http://www.religioustolerance.org/abopoll05.htm

Beach, when completely Red states don't care enough to overturn pro abortion things... It's done.

As younger people get older, most will see it as a done deal... Only the older generation cares about it... You're living in the past.

Hell, the Republicans can't even count on that "Pro-Life" base to get votes for them... It's a done deal... Sorry you don't see it.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #98 on: November 13, 2008, 01:43:13 PM »
Beach, when completely Red states don't care enough to overturn pro abortion things... It's done.

As younger people get older, most will see it as a done deal... Only the older generation cares about it... You're living in the past.

Hell, the Republicans can't even count on that "Pro-Life" base to get votes for them... It's a done deal... Sorry you don't see it.

Tu this isn't about me.  I'm just stating the facts.  Millions of people view this as an important issue.  Members of the Catholic leadership called this the most important issue in politics.  It's not going away.  It will never be a settled issue IMO.

Also, the stats I posted show a lot of people do not favor abortion on demand and many favor at least some restrictions. 

Let's have this conversation again when Stevens keels over or Ginsberg resigns.  I guarantee you abortion will be the hottest topic when it comes to selecting the next supreme court judge.   

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #99 on: November 13, 2008, 03:33:35 PM »
how about it isn't about your troll like self.  :)  as you would like it to be.