Author Topic: Why didn't Bush Prosecute KSM?  (Read 4347 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Why didn't Bush Prosecute KSM?
« on: December 06, 2009, 11:39:44 AM »
I know the righties are freaking over Obama and Holder trying him in a civilian court.

I GET IT!  So don't blabber about it.

It Wastes millions, doesn't guarantee a guilty verdict, isn't a US citizen, mockery of the court, drawn out circus, etc.....blah blah blah

But why, if BUSH had him for years, and he confessed, didn't he try him?

I just want to know if anyone knows why or can at least speculate.

Purge_WTF

Re: Why didn't Bush Prosecute KSM?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 11:50:44 AM »
  For the same reasons he never made a solid decision on Gitmo--he was too much of a puss and wanted to drop it into the lap of Obama or McCain.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 11:59:15 AM »
The only evidence they had is that which they beat out of him - and it won't stand up in a military tribunal.

in other words, they knew if they put him on trial, he walks.  No admissable evidence.  So rather than fail, they just kept him locked up.

obama knows this, and he's doing the only thing he can do - - - try them blocks from ground zero and hope they're convicted on emotion and not evidence.

All these people shitting on him are ignorant of this...

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 01:04:18 PM »
Uhhh hello- They were milking him for as much intel as possible and then the retarded Supreme Court decided that Gitmo was part of the US mainland so the entire procedure for military tribunals had to be tinkered with. These animals were also give the right to Habeas before the DC circuit court, which also prolonged the legal process further.

By the time all the legal bullshit got sorted out, Bush was no longer in office and KSM was ready to be tried before the revamped military tribunal process as laid out by the Supreme Court and plead guilty.

Then, Obama decided that having this scumbag quickly sent to his maker was not a good idea and opted to have a 5 year long circus trial in NYC instead.

Blaming this civilian trial on Bush is idiotic.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 01:08:28 PM »
Uhhh hello- They were milking him for as much intel as possible and then the retarded Supreme Court decided that Gitmo was part of the US mainland so the entire procedure for military tribunals had to be tinkered with. These animals were also give the right to Habeas before the DC circuit court, which also prolonged the legal process further.

By the time all the legal bullshit got sorted out, Bush was no longer in office and KSM was ready to be tried before the revamped military tribunal process as laid out by the Supreme Court and plead guilty.

Then, Obama decided that having this scumbag quickly sent to his maker was not a good idea and opted to have a 5 year long circus trial in NYC instead.

Blaming this civilian trial on Bush is idiotic.

Got any links or anything that talks about that?  Because it still doesn't make much sense to me.  How long did they have KSM?

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2009, 01:11:47 PM »
Makes sense to get as much info as possible out of him and the did get valuable intel which helped identify other terrorists, recruiting & training info and prevented other attacks.  While I support not abusing the majority of prisoners, I'm fine with what they did to this terrorist.

Good question Oz, they should have gathered intell and then prosecuted him in a military tribune.  Bush made a mistake in not doing this later in his 2nd term...now we get the left allowing him to parade in a civilian court, appauling.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2009, 01:14:20 PM »
Links?

I took a class in National Security. I can dig up my notes and post them here ( if I can find them)-- But any half ass legal scholar knows this stuff already.

The Gitmo detainees have been in legal limbo for years because of lawsuits filed by left wing doo-gooders ( including AG Holders old DC law firm nonetheless) and the ACLU flunkies defending these nuts. Throw that in with the Rasul v. Bush case and the Boumedhine v. Bush case and you have the Supreme Court throwing a monkey wrench into the Bush administrations plans to do anything productive with these people.

If, as it was before the Rasul case, the Eisenstrager case ( where the Nazi WW2 saboteurs were tried by military tribunal and executed) had been followed, none of this would be an issue. All of the detainees involved with 911 would have been tried before military tribunal and executed already.

BodyProSite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2009, 03:21:18 PM »
Even when libs are presented with factual evidence they still deny and make excuses so what is the point of providing evidence? hell when the illegal firing of inspector general walpin took place, oh and by the way this was a law that obama supported to be passed,  the breaking of that law by the admin was denied, then hurried under the rug and subject changed. there was mounds of factual evidence in that matter,  did libs recognize it?   nope

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2009, 03:47:18 PM »
so all these cases against the govt for abuse - they all ended on jan 21, 2009?

Or, did Obama just decide it's time to stop pussyfooting around and finally hang these bastards, as he stated?

In that case, props to obama for flipping the bird to lib lawyers, and not caving as Dubya did.

BodyProSite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2009, 03:53:11 PM »
yea good the cases against government from terrorist claiming abuse stop, now he abuses his power against people in congress that shine light on his admin corruption not a good trade off, seeing as how these people were just doing their jobs ,  not a good trade off

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2009, 04:56:29 PM »

Or, did Obama just decide it's time to stop pussyfooting around and finally hang these bastards, as he stated?

In that case, props to obama for flipping the bird to lib lawyers, and not caving as Dubya did.

Wtf are you talking about? The bird to lib lawyers are the ones that sued to get these pieces of shit constitutional rights-- Bush didn't cave, Obama did-- hence KSM is being tried in civilian court. As I mentioned above, AG Holder's former law firm is one of the outfits that sued to have these scumbags tried in civilian court-- Now, (big shock) he is the one that pushed to have a civilian trial even though KSM was ready to plead guilty before a military tribunal and executed.

Trying to blame this on Bush just shows what an out of touch dumbass you are.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2009, 06:34:12 PM »
So basically BUSH didn't prosecute KSM in a military court because lib lawyers prevented it?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2009, 07:32:50 PM »
well, I wouldn't try him like that if I was obama, either.  33 has pointed out his points, and I don't like the idea of a circus in NYC either.

i'd probably just keep him locked up for 4 or 8 years, then let the next guy worry, if I was obama.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2009, 10:03:39 PM »

quit being a numb nut fuck and arguing for the sake of arguing if you have a good valid point spit it out but at this point if you have nothing better to say go back to deepthroating barry's cock.  ::)

bush didnt prosecute b/c he knew they would probably get off on a technicality obama is prosecuting b/c he knows no matter how egregious the breach in legal protocol is they will get convicted...so you have a mockery or our civilian legal system in which anybody can get railroaded into a guilty conviction

sorry 240 but if it wasnt for you libs he would have died a slow boring death but b/c of you and obamas ilk we must make a mockery of our legal system and put this shit out for all the world to see  ::)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2009, 03:24:09 AM »
quit being a numb nut fuck and arguing for the sake of arguing if you have a good valid point spit it out but at this point if you have nothing better to say go back to deepthroating barry's cock.  ::)

bush didnt prosecute b/c he knew they would probably get off on a technicality obama is prosecuting b/c he knows no matter how egregious the breach in legal protocol is they will get convicted...so you have a mockery or our civilian legal system in which anybody can get railroaded into a guilty conviction

sorry 240 but if it wasnt for you libs he would have died a slow boring death but b/c of you and obamas ilk we must make a mockery of our legal system and put this shit out for all the world to see  ::)

LOL. I've never heard of "breaking the law" & "war crimes" referred to as a 'technicality' before.

So what you're saying is the American legal system is broken, and that those accused who get subsequently convicted, are convicted not on a fair impartial review of evidence, but simply to assuage public anger?
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2009, 04:58:51 AM »
LOL. I've never heard of "breaking the law" & "war crimes" referred to as a 'technicality' before.

So what you're saying is the American legal system is broken, and that those accused who get subsequently convicted, are convicted not on a fair impartial review of evidence, but simply to assuage public anger?

Jag - you are not a layer.  KSM was not apprehended with the thought and procedures one would do if the matter were heading to civilian court.  The violations of those procedures can and may result in a dismissal of the charges. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2009, 06:13:30 AM »

no the legal system is fine, the problem is you dont apprehend someone with the intent to prosecute in the military legal system and then turn and try to prosecute in the civilian legal system...

ever heard of miranda rights jag?

you think this guy got his read to him?

or do you think they just started questioning him right away?

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2009, 06:25:54 AM »
Bush should have tried harder to force a military trial against KSM in his 2nd term.
Obama should do the right thing and try KSM in a military court room.
Very simple...instead of the mess and circus they are creating.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2009, 06:34:21 AM »
i'm with you on that shootfighter1...

Obama shouldn't be doing the civvie thing.  But Bush is also at fault for leaving the job unfinished.  If there was time to play golf and pretend to look for imaginary WMD in the white house couch cushions, then there was time to put these guys on trial in the military trib.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2009, 06:36:37 AM »
i'm with you on that shootfighter1...

Obama shouldn't be doing the civvie thing.  But Bush is also at fault for leaving the job unfinished.  If there was time to play golf and pretend to look for imaginary WMD in the white house couch cushions, then there was time to put these guys on trial in the military trib.

He should have just got everything out of this murderous piece of filth and hung the bastard. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2009, 06:44:55 AM »
Bush should have tried harder to force a military trial against KSM in his 2nd term.
Obama should do the right thing and try KSM in a military court room.
Very simple...instead of the mess and circus they are creating.
bush gave up golf remember? barry is the golf playing president... :-X

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2009, 06:46:35 AM »
correct 333386.

he got away with starting 2 wars with minimal evidence and pretty much defying the world for 8 years.  you're telling me he couldn't hang 5 guys?  

Come on... just as there's some fishy shit around most big political things, there's probably something smelly on this one too.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2009, 06:48:20 AM »
correct 333386.

he got away with starting 2 wars with minimal evidence and pretty much defying the world for 8 years.  you're telling me he couldn't hang 5 guys?  

Come on... just as there's some fishy shit around most big political things, there's probably something smelly on this one too.

Maybe they felt he was holding out on them and had more intel?  I dont know. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2009, 06:55:13 AM »
"Maybe they felt he was holding out on them and had more intel?  I dont know. "

Could be.  But they had him over 5 years.  After they waterboarded him and he confessed to everything under the sun, they had 4+ years to hurry up and hang his ass.

Some say the long-standing relationship between the bushes and bin ladens is why these guys got off easy.  Who knows.  Just because 2 families got realllly rich off each other for 30 years doesn't mean they'd grant favortism to an associate years later, right?

(Of course, if Obama family and bin ladens had been in bed for 30 years... then Obama failed to prosecute Bin laden's #1 man... lol the CTers would be very loud!)

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2009, 07:21:49 AM »
Yeah, at some point you have to put a close to it.  I'm not a fan of holding these people for 5-10+ years.  Get the intel we can get from these terrorists then prosecute them in a military trial.