Poll

Would you prefer to fly on an airline with Full-Body Scans?

I would prefer the safety of this x-ray flight
Normal flight - nobody is seeing me naked!
It doesn't matter to me

Author Topic: Poll: Would you prefer to fly on an airline with Full-Body Security Scans?  (Read 4198 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Poll: Would you prefer to fly on an airline with Full-Body Security Scans?
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2009, 07:22:08 AM »
Why are Hugo, Hedgehog, and I the only ones against this?  Don't any of you read?  Shit is going down that we are just bending over and taking.  I don't know why I'm getting mad, I guess the writing is on the wall for this country. 

Here is my problem with this.  The govt is completely incompetent, incapable, and negligent in every aspect of most things. 

I am not allowed to bring a gun or defend myself on a plane, but am expected to fly with other passengers who might be terrorists that the govt is not doing a good job of screening. 

Knowing this, should I just take my life in my hands and those of my family members when the govt has already shown itself incompetent?

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2009, 07:34:48 AM »
Here is my problem with this.  The govt is completely incompetent, incapable, and negligent in every aspect of most things. 

I am not allowed to bring a gun or defend myself on a plane, but am expected to fly with other passengers who might be terrorists that the govt is not doing a good job of screening. 

Knowing this, should I just take my life in my hands and those of my family members when the govt has already shown itself incompetent?

Huh?  The point I was trying to make was that there is no reason to throw away more rights.  This x-ray bullshit is just more government involvement that is headed to a police state.

Yeah, I honestly wish that American citizens could arm themselves on a plane, considering my rights don't end at an airport or at another state's borders, but I see too many people agreeing with this madness. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2009, 07:37:32 AM »
Racial profiling..........
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2009, 07:38:47 AM »
Huh?  The point I was trying to make was that there is no reason to throw away more rights.  This x-ray bullshit is just more government involvement that is headed to a police state.

Yeah, I honestly wish that American citizens could arm themselves on a plane, considering my rights don't end at an airport or at another state's borders, but I see too many people agreeing with this madness. 

If the govt is not doing its job, what choice do we have?  I'm serious, Im not trying to play games. 

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2009, 07:39:55 AM »
Why are Hugo, Hedgehog, and I the only ones against this?  Don't any of you read?  Shit is going down that we are just bending over and taking.  I don't know why I'm getting mad, I guess the writing is on the wall for this country. 

It's simple. If you don't like it, don't fly. Or pay to fly out of somewhere that doesn't have them. It's not your God given right to have access to airplanes.

No one is forcing you to walk through a full body scan.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2009, 07:45:15 AM »
Dept of State and DHS dropped the ball. The guy was in a database...no baggage...paid cash..all the damm warning signs...and his old man reported him. Now we'll have the knee jerk reaction by gov to fix the problem. Get people to do their friggen job.
L

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2009, 07:47:39 AM »
It's simple. If you don't like it, don't fly. Or pay to fly out of somewhere that doesn't have them. It's not your God given right to have access to airplanes.

No one is forcing you to walk through a full body scan.

No, but it is my right to not have my privacy invaded.  It is my right to move about the country as I see fit.  It is pretty apparent that the UNARMED TSA are incompetant and do nothing to increase actual security in an airport.  

Like HH6 always says, go read, the information is out there.  

I highly recommend Brotherhood of Warriors by Aaron Cohen.  He was an ex Israeli Special Forces Operative that started his own private security and training firm.  He has some great ideas about increasing our security(some that I don't agree with), and blasts our way of security at airports.  He thinks taking off your shoes is a joke.  Go read it so we can discuss some of those things.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2009, 07:49:52 AM »
No, but it is my right to not have my privacy invaded.  It is my right to move about the country as I see fit.  It is pretty apparent that the UNARMED TSA are incompetant and do nothing to increase actual security in an airport.  

Like HH6 always says, go read, the information is out there.  

I highly recommend Brotherhood of Warriors by Aaron Cohen.  He was an ex Israeli Special Forces Operative that started his own private security and training firm.  He has some great ideas about increasing our security(some that I don't agree with), and blasts our way of security at airports.  He thinks taking off your shoes is a joke.  Go read it so we can discuss some of those things.

You're traveling through a public airport. And while it is your right to move about your country as you see fit, it's not your right to fly and move through a public airport in whatever manner that suits you, be that avoiding scans or going around a security checkpoint because you feel like it. Go ahead and drive or take a train or boat.

Sounds like a good book but it's not going to prove your point. If you don't like them, don't fly. It's pretty simple.

Again, no one is forcing you to walk through a full body scan.

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2009, 07:52:42 AM »
You're traveling through a public airport. And it is your right to move about your country as you see fit. Go ahead and drive or take a train or boat. It's not your right to fly and move through a public airport as it suits you.

You are missing the point my friend...where does it end that American citizens have to give up there rights to be searched and have their privacy invaded that evidently does not prevent terrorist threats? 

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2009, 07:54:38 AM »
You are missing the point my friend...where does it end that American citizens have to give up there rights to be searched and have their privacy invaded that evidently does not prevent terrorist threats?  

I'm not missing the point. You're trying to parlay full body scans into a full police state argument. I personally don't see full body scans as an invasion of privacy. I see it as a hot point because most people have disgusting bodies that they don't want others to see, despite the fact that what they're hiding isn't something anyone hasn't seen before.

If this was something that affected every day life, it would be more relevant. As it stands, 99.99% of people could never fly again and their life wouldn't be changed in any way whatsoever.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2009, 08:02:26 AM »

is it incompetence or well planned........... we need to talk.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2009, 08:04:56 AM »
Here it comes. The government staged this entire event.

*Puts tinfoil hat on*

::)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2009, 08:06:06 AM »
scan me baby, honestly if it was cheap and effective why the shit not?

have female scanners for women and male scanners for men
OUTED!

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2009, 09:04:22 AM »
At first I was against these scanners. But then I thought about it-- We already have to take off our shoes and belts, go through a metal detector and have our luggage xrayed.

For a time you couldn't bring liquid in your carry on and to this day some airports don't allow it ( they didn't when I was coming back from Las Vegas this year).

There are additional security points for passengers chosen at random, physical pat downs and no fly/ terrorist watch lists.

Is it really going to trample my liberty further to have an electronic full body scan performed that will last a total of 5 seconds when I know for damn sure I'm not trying to smuggle shit onto an airplane to blow it up?

As long as their are some safeguards in place to keep your identity anonymous and the people doing the scanning cannot duplicate the images, who cares?

I'm also sure they can make it so that the machine totally masks the image so as to ensure that nothing embarrassing is revealed about the passenger.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2009, 09:51:43 AM »
most disapointing threat yet.

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2009, 10:26:26 AM »

I agree...can't believe people are okay with this.  I honestly don't agree with taking off my shoes and the random pat downs, etc.  It's unbelievable what people will allow.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2009, 11:07:47 AM »
I agree...can't believe people are okay with this.  I honestly don't agree with taking off my shoes and the random pat downs, etc.  It's unbelievable what people will allow.

Like I said, unless and until I am allowed the means of adequate self defense, I dont have a huge problem with this.  We already give up a ton of rights the airport and if this prevents potentially thousands or tens of thousands of people from being killed, im ok with it.     

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2009, 11:08:32 AM »

Disappointing because no one agrees with you? Boohoo.  

I want to have my cake and eat it, too!  ::)

No one is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to walk through the scanner. If you don't like it, don't fly. Feel free to hop in your car or on a boat and take that to your destination. Flying isn't, nor has it ever been, a right.

I've yet to see any of you present a valid argument for why these shouldn't be put in place beyond, "But, but, the govt. will expand this into a police state!" which is nothing more than a pathetic straw man (commonplace for Hugo).

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2009, 11:17:11 AM »
Disappointing because no one agrees with you? Boohoo.  

I want to have my cake and eat it, too!  ::)

No one is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to walk through the scanner. If you don't like it, don't fly. Feel free to hop in your car or on a boat and take that to your destination. Flying isn't, nor has it ever been, a right.

The other issue that you guys need to realize is that another 9/11, this time say hitting the WH and or Capitol Building, or hitting nuclear power plant, will end our nation as we know it forever and literally shut us down overnight. 

So, if someone has to be seen in a screen, in addition to the myriad of other restrictions we already face such as pat downs, shoes, metal detectors, cameras, etc, its not the end of the world to me.     

We already are treated like cattle at the airport in so many ways, I dont see this as a major issue in relation to the potential damage should these beasts hijack planes again.

On the other hand, let me and others carry our firearms on board and I will be against this. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2009, 11:18:56 AM »
Up until this year I used to log about 30k to 50k miles per year flying.  

Extra security doesn't bother me.  What bothers me is break downs in security like this last one.  I guess i could freak out about it or complain about profiling, but in the end, I'd rather go through those hassles and at least feel i little bit more secure.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2009, 11:30:25 AM »
Up until this year I used to log about 30k to 50k miles per year flying.  

Extra security doesn't bother me.  What bothers me is break downs in security like this last one.  I guess i could freak out about it or complain about profiling, but in the end, I'd rather go through those hassles and at least feel i little bit more secure.

I am not thrilled with this, however, lets be real, the govt is not allowing us to defend ourselves on planes, so if this stops a few planes from destroying the WH, so be it. 

It sounds great now, but if and when ten planes crash into the WH, and later it would be revealed that a screen would have prevented it, who would have objected to it considering the country will be shut down?

I hate this, but have to be realistic as well considering the suicidal nature of the beasts the govt obviously is not doing much to stop. 

So, either screen me or let me have my weapon.   

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2009, 11:38:54 AM »
I am not thrilled with this, however, lets be real, the govt is not allowing us to defend ourselves on planes, so if this stops a few planes from destroying the WH, so be it. 

It sounds great now, but if and when ten planes crash into the WH, and later it would be revealed that a screen would have prevented it, who would have objected to it considering the country will be shut down?

I hate this, but have to be realistic as well considering the suicidal nature of the beasts the govt obviously is not doing much to stop. 

So, either screen me or let me have my weapon.   

No offense, but i'd rather have an air marshall on every flight and increased security than have a bunch of gun packing vigilante passengers on a plane any day any time.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2009, 11:44:14 AM »
No offense, but i'd rather have an air marshall on every flight and increased security than have a bunch of gun packing vigilante passengers on a plane any day any time.

Ozmo - ever hear this phrase:  "I carry a gun because I cant carry a cop" 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2009, 11:55:21 AM »
obama did it

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2009, 11:58:25 AM »
Ozmo - ever hear this phrase:  "I carry a gun because I cant carry a cop" 

It wouldn't matter, because some of those gun carriers on planes would be morons which would normally be no big deal, but this time they would be armed.  Imagine a gun fight on plane.  lol.

Allowing people to carry guns on a plane would be the stupidest idea in the last 50 years.