Author Topic: Obama Approval down to 42% (Still way too high)  (Read 2919 times)

pro nitrousADRL

• Getbig III
  • put more nitrous on that, it still has spark plugs
Re: Obama Approval down to 42% (Still way too high)
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2010, 02:50:53 PM »
you dont have to look at polls to see people are disliking obama more, I travel the country and it is a rare thing to speak to someone who supports obama. And I spaek to all different kinds of people. One guys wife I was conversating with told me if I want to find obama supporters go to the food stamp office, a jail , a welfare or social security office lol .   Hell just drive around and look for yourself at all the small businesses disapearing.   Do you really need a poll to spell it out for you,  does it not mean anything that people are scared shitless to invest anything???  pull your heads out and look around and stop depending on news outlets
down with hussein

James

« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2010, 02:56:41 PM »
Do you remember my original reply to the obama accusation?

please look it up.  Please.  What is the date of that?  33 showed it and I was the first to pipe in with "He probably did it".

james - I did post about this.  I'm very consistent with my defense of the NE affair stories.  I was very vocal about the Edwards one as well - when Coulter went on hardball *(9 months before FOX mentioned it).  I was the first one to post on getbig "Edwards affair accusation" a full 9 months before FOX talked about it.

So yea, I am more consistent than you think.

James has been corrected.  :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2010, 03:21:58 PM »
haha no worries.  i'm blessed/cursed with this damn partial photographic memory.  I can remember minor details from posts 5 or 6 years ago.  When I was little, I could snapshot entire pages of textbooks.  I still have glimpses of it, but I'm sorry to say the year of jaeger then wine seems to have dulled the senses.

James

« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2010, 03:28:46 PM »
haha no worries.  i'm blessed/cursed with this damn partial photographic memory.  I can remember minor details from posts 5 or 6 years ago.  When I was little, I could snapshot entire pages of textbooks.  I still have glimpses of it, but I'm sorry to say the year of jaeger then wine seems to have dulled the senses.

Damn 240, You should have become a Doctor.... wait, I forgot about Obamacare, scratch that.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2010, 03:31:09 PM »
hahahahahahha

I have that recall ability, but the in-depth comprehension stuff... my temprament doesn't allow me to do that.  I don't have patience.  I frustrate easily.  But I got my MBA and a ton of computer certifications without much work at all.  Read and remember.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2010, 07:38:02 AM »
Down to 38% among Independents
________________________ _______________________

July 7, 2010

Obama Job Approval Rating Down to 38% Among IndependentsOverall job ratings for the president continue to be below majority levelby Jeffrey M. JonesPRINCETON, NJ -- Thirty-eight percent of independents approve of the job Barack Obama is doing as president, the first time independent approval of Obama has dropped below 40% in a Gallup Daily tracking weekly aggregate. Meanwhile, Obama maintains the support of 81% of Democrats, and his job approval among Republicans remains low, at 12%.

These data are based on Gallup Daily tracking interviews conducted the week of June 28-July 4.

Over the past year, Obama has lost support among all party groups, though the decline has been steeper among independents than among Republicans or Democrats. Today's 38% approval rating among independents is 18 percentage points lower than the 56% found July 6-12, 2009. During the same period, his support has fallen nine points among Democrats (from 90% to 81%) and eight points among Republicans (from 20% to 12%).

Overall, 46% of Americans approve of the job Obama is doing as president in the June 28-July 4 aggregate, one point above his lowest weekly average. Obama's average weekly job approval rating has not been above 50% since Feb. 8-14, though it reached the 50% mark as recently as May 3-9.

Obama's lower ratings come amid a still-struggling economy, the ongoing difficulties presented by the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, and the recent change of command in the war in Afghanistan. Underscoring the challenge at hand, Obama's 44% approval rating in July 2-5 polling (Gallup did not interview July 4) ties his lowest three-day average to date.

Bottom Line

Obama is not alone in facing a challenging second year in office -- Bill Clinton (43%), Ronald Reagan (42%), and Jimmy Carter (40%) all were below the majority approval level in July of their second year. Of course, each of those presidents saw his party lose a substantial number of seats in that year's midterm congressional elections, though both Reagan and Clinton recovered in time to win a second term as president.

Gallup Daily tracking of Election 2010 voting preferences suggests a more favorable Republican than Democratic outcome this year if the elections were held today. Even so, there are still nearly four months remaining before the elections, and thus, time for the Democrats' prospects to improve.

Explore Obama's approval ratings in-depth and compare to past presidents in the Gallup Presidential Job Approval Center.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: July 07, 2010, 07:43:45 AM »
44% today on gallup.com

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: July 07, 2010, 07:47:12 AM »
44% today on gallup.com

That is not good. 

I think the oil mess, AZ lawsuit, and the latest jobs report are a bridge too far for many people.   

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: July 07, 2010, 08:10:38 AM »
His RCP average is 46%. But, for only the second time this year, he's upside down (46.0 approve; 46.3 disapprove).

Plus, he's only at 38% among independents, according to Gallup.

The Dems inch ever so close to the woodshed, this fall.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: July 07, 2010, 08:28:35 AM »
That is not good. 

I think the oil mess, AZ lawsuit, and the latest jobs report are a bridge too far for many people.   

yeah, but he was at 47% on april 5 gallup - 1 week after obamacare passed- and everyone declared he was about to plummet.

So in over 3 months of rampany outright libbing it up - including BP spill, amnesty talk, finreg bill, and sick UE rates - he's only dropped an average of 1 point PER MONTH?

Sheeeeit, if he gets crap/trade, amnesty and whatever other bill he wants - he'll GLADLY take a drop of ONE POINT PER MONTH for it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2010, 08:34:54 AM »
He has a natural constituency of at least 40% 240.  Its never going to go lower than that unless he cuts off the welfare checks and fires govt workers. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2010, 12:38:15 PM »
I doubt he gets the independents back.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: July 08, 2010, 12:38:53 PM »
I doubt he gets the independents back.

NO WAY!

His numbers just got worse on RCP 46.1 - Approve; 48.0 Disapprove

That's why he's pushing this lawsuit against AZ. He's trying to kiss-up to the Latinos. But, many of them AGREE with the AZ bill. If he loses too many of them and the indies/moderates, HE IS DEAD (and so are the Democrats)!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: July 08, 2010, 12:47:51 PM »
NO WAY!

His numbers just got worse on RCP 46.1 - Approve; 48.0 Disapprove

That's why he's pushing this lawsuit against AZ. He's trying to kiss-up to the Latinos. But, many of them AGREE with the AZ bill. If he loses too many of them and the indies/moderates, HE IS DEAD (and so are the Democrats)!!

He might already be done.  He cannot win without independents.  At this point, I think the only things that keep him in the White House are another war/terrorist attack or the lack of a strong Republican candidate. 

I can't imagine him being able to survive all of the poor decisions, broken promises, butt kissing, lack of improvement in the economy, lack of respect by the military, etc.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: July 08, 2010, 12:53:27 PM »
He might already be done.  He cannot win without independents.  At this point, I think the only things that keep him in the White House are another war/terrorist attack or the lack of a strong Republican candidate. 

I can't imagine him being able to survive all of the poor decisions, broken promises, butt kissing, lack of improvement in the economy, lack of respect by the military, etc.

Another terrorist attack and he is TOAST! Remember that we've already had TWO of them, and the only reason we ain't weeping and gnashing our teeth is because the terrorists couldn't light off the bombs. That's like a guy, cracking your security staff, putting a gun to your head, and it's just dumb luck that he forgets to disengage the safety.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: July 08, 2010, 01:02:34 PM »
Another terrorist attack and he is TOAST! Remember that we've already had TWO of them, and the only reason we ain't weeping and gnashing our teeth is because the terrorists couldn't light off the bombs. That's like a guy, cracking your security staff, putting a gun to your head, and it's just dumb luck that he forgets to disengage the safety.

I don't know.  Remember what happened to Dubya's approval rating after 9/11?  Remember how popular Bush Sr. became during Desert Storm? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: July 08, 2010, 01:05:20 PM »
I don't know.  Remember what happened to Dubya's approval rating after 9/11?  Remember how popular Bush Sr. became during Desert Storm? 

The problem is that 9/11 happened only 9 months in to W term.  Obama already is on notice for terrorism via the last two attempts and is already shown for an incompetent. 

I don't think people will be as forgiving, especially considering the fact that the DOJ wants the NYC trials, etc. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: July 08, 2010, 01:11:21 PM »

The problem is that 9/11 happened only 9 months in to W term.  Obama already is on notice for terrorism via the last two attempts and is already shown for an incompetent. 

I don't think people will be as forgiving, especially considering the fact that the DOJ wants the NYC trials, etc. 

It depends.  If this is an attack that we didn't see coming (like 9/11) and it gives Obama the opportunity to identify the culprits and take swift, decisive military action, he'll look like a strong leader.  I hope this doesn't happen, because it will cost American lives, but history says he would benefit from a tragedy. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: July 09, 2010, 11:52:19 AM »
Gallup: New Low for Obama, 48% Disapproval
Friday, 09 Jul 2010   
By: David A. Patten

A Gallup daily tracking poll released Friday shows President Obama's disapproval rating matching its worst performance ever.

Forty-eight percent now disapprove of Obama's job performance. That matches the president's record disapproval rating recorded in March, April, and June.

Only 45 percent of voters who approve of the president's job performance, according to the tracking poll of 1,500 adults, which has a margin of error of 3 percent.

Friday's news followed hard on the heels of a July 7 survey that showed the president's job approval among the all-important independent voters has dropped to only 38 percent.

Obama continues to enjoy strong support from the Democratic base – 81 percent of Democrats approve of his job performance – but Republicans and independents are increasingly critical. Only 12 percent of GOP voters approve of the job Obama has done.

High unemployment, the sluggish economy, and the federal response to the oil spill in the Gulf are all reasons pundits give for Obama's slipping poll numbers. Any further slippage could call into question Obama's effectiveness on the campaign trail on behalf of Democrats hoping to win re-election.

The latest generic ballots show U.S. voters preferring Republican over Democratic candidates by 46 percent to 44 percent.

Polls also indicate Republicans are more enthusiastic about the looming midterm elections. That means they are more likely to turn out to cast ballots for their preferred candidates.

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/Gallup-Obama-48-PERCENT-Disapproval/2010/07/09/id/364233

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: July 09, 2010, 11:54:40 AM »
He's got the Bob Barr vote.   ;D  ;D 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: July 09, 2010, 12:01:20 PM »
no matter what - an outside terror attack will give any prez a major bump in polls.

god forbid it happens, obama would climb a lot.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: July 09, 2010, 12:04:31 PM »
no matter what - an outside terror attack will give any prez a major bump in polls.

god forbid it happens, obama would climb a lot.

Not if its a result of his continued, repeated, historical, and penchant for incompetence. 

240 -serious - did you vote for bob barr?