Author Topic: Motorcyclist Killed While Riding Without Helmet to Protest New York Helmet Law  (Read 5490 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Was referring to the poster roccinge who frequently attacks me for my attacks on obama.  Not to derail the thread, but its exactly the same concept.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Was referring to the poster roccinge who frequently attacks me for my attacks on obama.  Not to derail the thread, but its exactly the same concept.

You definitely have an opinion I respect.  What do you think of helmet laws?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
If it doesn't cost me any money for you to not wear a helmet, then I don't care if you do or not. If it costs me money because your insurance doesn't cover the costs then wear the damn helmet.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
If it doesn't cost me any money for you to not wear a helmet, then I don't care if you do or not. If it costs me money because your insurance doesn't cover the costs then wear the damn helmet.

it cost everyone, when these free spirited rebels crash and are in intensive care with head injuries and have no insurance or have insurance and the companies pay the rates go up for everyone

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V

it cost everyone, when these free spirited rebels crash and are in intensive care with head injuries and have no insurance or have insurance and the companies pay the rates go up for everyone
wait a second. You're going to actually nail these guys even if their insurance covers it all?  Wow, what else to you extend that line of thinking to for those with full coverage?  Any extra laws you think should be added, because under that line of thought, there is plenty of room... ?

Please do add on,....

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
sure the insurance might pay for it all, but who's going to pay for it in the long run,all the policy holders

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
sure the insurance might pay for it all, but who's going to pay in the long run,all the policy holders
I understand your line of thought on this, how far are you willing to take that?  Clearly it can be applied to much more as you've stated it.  I mean you've even taken it above and beyond what BB and most have, so how far are you going with this?

If your criteria is "what will up it for the other policy holders," we're in deep shit with really nothing to do lol...

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I understand your line of thought on this, how far are you willing to take that?  Clearly it can be applied to much more as you've stated it.  I mean you've even taken it above and beyond what BB and most have, so how far are you going with this?

If your criteria is "what will up it for the other policy holders," we're in deep shit with really nothing to do lol...

your right it has to stop somewhere, but when they lie in the intencive care units with brain injuries that could have been prevented by just wearing a helmet,high cost for everyone just to have the wind blow in your hair

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
I could give a fuck about helmet laws.  What I want to know is why the fuck they allow motorcyclists to drive in between the cars through traffic like it's some sort of fucking lane, weaving in and out of traffic..  That is more fucking dangerous than not wearing a helmet in my opinion.  That shit should be against the law.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I could give a fuck about helmet laws.  What I want to know is why the fuck they allow motorcyclists to drive in between the cars through traffic like it's some sort of fucking lane, weaving in and out of traffic..  That is more fucking dangerous than not wearing a helmet in my opinion.  That shit should be against the law.

i was in calf a few weeks ago and i could not believe they let bikes split lanes like they do .

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails

It is against the law? It is here at least...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V

your right it has to stop somewhere, but when they lie in the intencive care units with brain injuries that could have been prevented by just wearing a helmet,high cost for everyone just to have the wind blow in your hair
hey, I think helmets are a good idea, I just think we have to be very careful in what we're telling people they "have to do" in a free country.  I for one am willing to pay the extra if it keeps shit free.  The next guy's demands down the road will be more, that's for sure...

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy

That's a great question....  I wonder what the accident rate is for driving between lanes.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
That's a great question....  I wonder what the accident rate is for driving between lanes.
I just called your ass out on the sports forum bitch...

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
I just called your ass out on the sports forum bitch...
;D

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
;D

lol, I know you rushed over there with fightin words ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

It does cost you money, when those folks get into accidents and suffer injuries that could have been prevented by wearing a helmet.  It increases the costs of insurance companies to do business, which results in your premiums being raised.  It increases state taxes for those who wind up on worker's comp or some form of disability.  It decreases your efficiency if you're tied up in traffic.  It increases the cost of hospitals to do business if the person doesn't have insurance, or adequate insurance to do cover the treatment. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
It does cost you money, when those folks get into accidents and suffer injuries that could have been prevented by wearing a helmet.  It increases the costs of insurance companies to do business, which results in your premiums being raised.  It increases state taxes for those who wind up on worker's comp or some form of disability.  It decreases your efficiency if you're tied up in traffic.  It increases the cost of hospitals to do business if the person doesn't have insurance, or adequate insurance to do cover the treatment. 

I wear a helmet when I ride. I've seen the results of no helmet enough to know it's a good thing to wear one. But if someone is willing to sign a legal document stating when their insurance runs out, then treatment stops, I'd be okay with them not wearing one. LIke I said, as long as it doesn't effect me, fine. There are a lot of folks paying insurance who don't wreck. Their premiums are designed to cover the costs of those who do have the wrecks. If treatment was topped off at the insurance amounts and hospitals didn't have to continue treatment when the funds are gone, seems fair to me. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
It does cost you money, when those folks get into accidents and suffer injuries that could have been prevented by wearing a helmet.  It increases the costs of insurance companies to do business, which results in your premiums being raised.  It increases state taxes for those who wind up on worker's comp or some form of disability.  It decreases your efficiency if you're tied up in traffic.  It increases the cost of hospitals to do business if the person doesn't have insurance, or adequate insurance to do cover the treatment.  
we'll die for freedom, we'll fight for freedom, we'll bomb the shit out of them for freedom, we'll send loved ones to die for freedom, but if you raise my costs a few bucks you can count me out... LOLOLOLOL....

fucking priceless shit ::)

And said on the 4th...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
I wear a helmet when I ride. I've seen the results of no helmet enough to know it's a good thing to wear one. But if someone is willing to sign a legal document stating when their insurance runs out, then treatment stops, I'd be okay with them not wearing one. LIke I said, as long as it doesn't effect me, fine. There are a lot of folks paying insurance who don't wreck. Their premiums are designed to cover the costs of those who do have the wrecks. If treatment was topped off at the insurance amounts and hospitals didn't have to continue treatment when the funds are gone, seems fair to me. 

Smart man.  My buddy has been trying to convince me to buy one, but I'm too chicken.  I don't have the concentration to ride one.  But he also just bought a trike, which is pretty cool.  I might try one of those one day. 

Unfortunately, people don't sign waivers, etc., so all of us taxpayers pay the price.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
we'll die for freedom, we'll fight for freedom, we'll bomb the shit out of them for freedom, we'll send loved ones to die for freedom, but if you raise my costs a few bucks you can count me out... LOLOLOLOL....

fucking priceless shit ::)

And said on the 4th...

Yep... Im all about your freedom.... as long as it doesn't impact my freedom.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Yep... Im all about your freedom.... as long as it doesn't impact my freedom.
bold thing to say considering how many have given up their freedom for you to be free.  Sometimes you have to sacrifice a little, sometimes you might have to sacrifice a lot.  So be it imo... Freedom is worth it buddy.  ...remember, the next guy will be asking you to give up more, I fucking guarantee it... and yea, I know we're now talking about a lot more than a fucking helmet. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
bold thing to say considering how many have given up their freedom for you to be free.  Sometimes you have to sacrifice a little, sometimes you might have to sacrifice a lot.  So be it imo... Freedom is worth it buddy.  ...remember, the next guy will be asking you to give up more, I fucking guarantee it... and yea, I know we're now talking about a lot more than a fucking helmet. 

It's a general statement regarding your right to not wear a helmet. I support your freedom, if your poor choice doesn't impact my life. About as American as you can get..

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
It's a general statement regarding your right to not wear a helmet. I support your freedom, if your poor choice doesn't impact my life. About as American as you can get..
"if your poor choice doesn't impact my life" could be saying the exact same thing BB is saying.  Is that what you're saying?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
"if your poor choice doesn't impact my life" could be saying the exact same thing BB is saying.  Is that what you're saying?

I'm saying what I'm saying. You can choose not to wear a helmet. I think it's not a good choice considering, but I think you should have that right, as long as your poor choice doesn't impact me. I should not have to pay for your poor choice.