Author Topic: Why Syria may be Obama's gravest foreign policy blunder ever  (Read 2444 times)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Re: Why Syria may be Obama's gravest foreign policy blunder ever
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2013, 11:06:27 AM »
I've already said obama was 100% wrong to draw a line, that we shouldn't intervene, and that is that.

now I'm learning which dems and repubs agree with his idiocy about arming the rebels.

What's the ultimate end game in this whole scenario, 240?

Yes, as Fury posted earlier Obama was dead wrong and his whole intervention on this has been a disaster.

Arming the rebels without Israeli/United States presence just seems like a way for the overall death rate to potentially skyrocket and a battle that will simply drag out for who knows how long? Perhaps that is the best option?

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2013, 11:18:48 AM »

Yes, as Fury posted earlier Obama was dead wrong and his whole intervention on this has been a disaster.

Arming the rebels without Israeli/United States presence just seems like a way for the overall death rate to potentially skyrocket and a battle that will simply drag out for who knows how long? Perhaps that is the best option?

It's a tenuous situation.  You support the secularists and you alienate the Bathists and the Islamists.  If the Bathists are defeated you still have the Islamists and the secularist left.  The likelihood of a civil war between the secularists and the Islamists is highly probable.
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2013, 06:03:04 AM »
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/may/08/free-syrian-army-rebels-defect-islamist-group

nice - obama is going to end up supporting al queada

And the cycle continues.   Politicians need to crack open a history book.  Truthfully, I'd rather the United States do nothing. 
A

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2013, 06:38:28 AM »

The end game is WWIII

...but this can backfire in very unanticipated ways. They are hoping to cut off Iran from any support.

Syria & Iran have mutual defence treaties. By Israel attacking Syria, the hope is to draw Iran into a conflict, unfortunately, the rebels are non too happy about Israel bombing a major Syrian city, and many are vowing retaliation against Israel. So what could in effect result, is the Syrian rebels turning all the USA supplied assistance against Israel.

There will be retaliation without a doubt. As to what form it takes, ...we don't yet know, ...but I believe it will be very strategic, and possibly quite devastating.
w

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2013, 06:43:49 AM »
WWIII is not the end game.  One of the problems with conspiracy theorists is that they always contradict themselves.  On one hand they claim there is a secret cabal that controls the financial interests of the world but in the same breath claim this same cabal wants to essentially destroy their own interests by causing a complete financial collapse of the global markets. 
A

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2013, 07:06:38 AM »
WWIII is not the end game.  One of the problems with conspiracy theorists is that they always contradict themselves.  On one hand they claim there is a secret cabal that controls the financial interests of the world but in the same breath claim this same cabal wants to essentially destroy their own interests by causing a complete financial collapse of the global markets. 

WWIII and the complete destabilization of the Middle East is infact the end game.

You clearly don't know how the game is played.

A financial collapse does NOT go against their own interests... To the contrary. A financial collapse is only detrimental to those not positioned to capitalize on it. Everyone talks about the great crash of 1929 wiping out fortunes and ushering in the Great Depression. What people rarely talk about are those insiders who created massive fortunes BECAUSE of that very same market crash. Money & Wealth is never lost, ...it is simply transferred. And the greatest market transfer of wealth is about to occur.

The crash of 2008 created billionaires, as will the next great market crash. It is also intended to usher in the reset of the global monetary system and the issuance of the IMF gold backed fiat currency the SDR.
w

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2013, 07:09:48 AM »
WWIII and the complete destabilization of the Middle East is infact the end game.

You clearly don't know how the game is played.

A financial collapse does NOT go against their own interests... To the contrary. A financial collapse is only detrimental to those not positioned to capitalize on it. Everyone talks about the great crash of 1929 wiping out fortunes and ushering in the Great Depression. What people rarely talk about are those insiders who created massive fortunes BECAUSE of that very same market crash. Money & Wealth is never lost, ...it is simply transferred. And the greatest market transfer of wealth is about to occur.

The crash of 2008 created billionaires, as will the next great market crash. It is also intended to usher in the reset of the global monetary system and the issuance of the IMF gold backed fiat currency the SDR.

Yet you do.

Tell us more, oh omnipotent one!!!!  ::)

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2013, 07:12:36 AM »
I know exactly how the game is played because unlike you, I have at least a rudementary understanding political and economic theory. The truth is you have no proof for anything you say.   You cherry pick your information from a plethora of conspiracy theory websites. Your delusional opinions aren't even your own but cribbed almost verbatim from various ct websites.  Ever think you might be the one being manipulated?
A

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2013, 07:15:59 AM »
Yet you do. Who'd have thunk that a failed beauty queen/actress with a lazy eye and no education would have figured everything out on her own?

Tell us more, oh omnipotent one!!!!  ::)

That's a good point!  Why do these uneducated paranoid fools believe its possible that out of everybody they are the ones who figured out the dastardly plans of the global elite? 
A

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2013, 07:22:56 AM »
Yep,more stupid blabber from a CT'er.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2013, 07:25:37 AM »
I know exactly how the game is played because unlike you, I have at least a rudementary understanding political and economic theory. The truth is you have no proof for anything you say.   You cherry pick your information from a plethora of conspiracy theory websites. Your delusional opinions aren't even your own but cribbed almost verbatim from various ct websites.  Ever think you might be the one being manipulated?

Of course I've considered it. The first casualty of war has always been the truth.

Fact is I do not form my opinions based upon conspiracy theory websites. Quite the contrary, I use the "CT websites" to support & convey my opinions.

And I agree with Hugo. I think giving Israel the green light to attack Syria is going to turn around and bite everyone concerned on the butt!
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2013, 07:27:24 AM »
Yep,more stupid blabber from a CT'er.

We'll see Ozzybooboo, we'll see.

And this time, I doubt I will have to wait years in order to say "I told you so"
w

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2013, 07:31:18 AM »

Quite the contrary, I use the "CT websites" to support & convey

What this is called is confirmation bias and circular reasoning.  You are specifically seeking out websites to affirm an opinion you already have.  Its like a bible thumper quoting the bible to support his claim the bible is the word of god.
A

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2013, 07:33:48 AM »
We'll see Ozzybooboo, we'll see.

And this time, I doubt I will have to wait years in order to say "I told you so"

::)

Can't make a legit argument?  Do the next best thing....."we'll see".  

Classic failure.

Classic thumper mentality

Classic delusional CT'er mentality.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2013, 08:37:33 AM »
Of course I've considered it. The first casualty of war has always been the truth.

Fact is I do not form my opinions based upon conspiracy theory websites. Quite the contrary, I use the "CT websites" to support & convey my opinions.

And I agree with Hugo. I think giving Israel the green light to attack Syria is going to turn around and bite everyone concerned on the butt!

How's it going to bite Israel on the butt? Assad will do nothing.

Hezbollah has been getting the shit kicked out of them in Syria. They lost 40 or so fighters in one day about a month ago. They're not doing anything. Wonder if your asinine CT made note of that.  ::)

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2013, 08:42:58 AM »
What this is called is confirmation bias and circular reasoning.  You are specifically seeking out websites to affirm an opinion you already have.  Its like a bible thumper quoting the bible to support his claim the bible is the word of god.

LOL... No circular reasoning there. I don't specifically seek out websites that affirm opinions I already have, ...I just post from websites that affirm my opinions. There are plenty of websites that have opposing views. In fact I am one who looks at all sides of an issue before I formulate an opinion. I'm also not one who is married to an opinion either. I'm perfectly willing to, ...and have changed positions on a matter based upon new information, or a different perspective not previously considered.

As Ozzybooboo has often pointed out, I won't take the time to formulate arguments here, ...but I will often post clips, pics, and articles that affirm my position, ...or on occasion provide food for thought.

Whether right or wrong, my opinions are what they are, ...and no amount of debate either within or outside of these boards whether victorious or not, will impact the truth or fallacy of my opinions. History will bear that out.

However, if you think the USA does not want to bring about a war, you better think again.
The people may not want it, the country can ill afford it, the POTUS may not even want one, but it is those who are in charge, the REAL powers behind the POTUS who are intent on bringing about the war, and as such... There will be one. By hook, or by crook, or by weapons of mass deception, they will get their war.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2013, 08:49:03 AM »
How's it going to bite Israel on the butt? Assad will do nothing.

Hezbollah has been getting the shit kicked out of them in Syria. They lost 40 or so fighters in one day about a month ago. They're not doing anything. Wonder if your asinine CT made note of that.  ::)

I don't think the Islamists who are currently being supported by the USA, in their fight against a secularist Assad, are too crazy about Israel having bombed Syria. It would not surprise me in the least if these Islamist forces turned their US assistance against Israel. They have no chance to take on Israel head to head, however guerilla tactics could always be employed. There is no shortage of possibilities.
w

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2013, 08:50:52 AM »
LOL... No circular reasoning there. I don't specifically seek out websites that affirm opinions I already have, ...I just post from websites that affirm my opinions. There are plenty of websites that have opposing views. In fact I am one who looks at all sides of an issue before I formulate an opinion. I'm also not one who is married to an opinion either. I'm perfectly willing to, ...and have changed positions on a matter based upon new information, or a different perspective not previously considered.

As Ozzybooboo has often pointed out, I won't take the time to formulate arguments here, ...but I will often post clips, pics, and articles that affirm my position, ...or on occasion provide food for thought.

Whether right or wrong, my opinions are what they are, ...and no amount of debate either within or outside of these boards whether victorious or not, will impact the truth or fallacy of my opinions. History will bear that out.

However, if you think the USA does not want to bring about a war, you better think again.
The people may not want it, the country can ill afford it, the POTUS may not even want one, but it is those who are in charge, the REAL powers behind the POTUS who are intent on bringing about the war, and as such... There will be one. By hook, or by crook, or by weapons of mass deception, they will get their war.

So pretty much you cannot back up what you say.

Another classic failure.

Welcome to the land of the looney CT'ers

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2013, 08:53:19 AM »
So pretty much you cannot back up what you say.

Another classic failure.

Why should I have to back up my opinion. It is what it is.
History will either back me up, or prove me wrong, ...not endless debate on this board.
w

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2013, 08:57:46 AM »
Why should I have to back up my opinion. It is what it is.
History will either back me up, or prove me wrong, ...not endless debate on this board.

So you have opinions but you can't or "choose not to" back them up.

And then you talk to down to people as if its the truth.   ::)

You are so full of shit.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2013, 09:02:29 AM »

You clearly stated you use CT websites to back up your claims. 
A

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2013, 09:17:14 AM »
I don't think the Islamists who are currently being supported by the USA, in their fight against a secularist Assad, are too crazy about Israel having bombed Syria. It would not surprise me in the least if these Islamist forces turned their US assistance against Israel. They have no chance to take on Israel head to head, however guerilla tactics could always be employed. There is no shortage of possibilities.

This makes no sense whatsoever. While they won't thank Israel, the Islamists are probably quite alright with Israel bombing the chemical weapons facility.

They're certainly not going to drop what they're doing in their fight against Assad to attack Israel. Especially considering the gains the SAA has made against the rebels lately. They're not in any position whatsoever to get into a fight with Israel and they're certainly not going to compromise their war against Assad by having Israel invade and squeeze them from the west. It would be suicide for them and they're not that stupid.

You clearly have no fucking idea as to what you're talking about.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2013, 09:26:45 AM »
This makes no sense whatsoever. While they won't thank Israel, the Islamists are probably quite alright with Israel bombing the chemical weapons facility.

They're certainly not going to drop what they're doing in their fight against Assad to attack Israel. Especially considering the gains the SAA has made against the rebels lately. They're not in any position whatsoever to get into a fight with Israel and they're certainly not going to compromise their war against Assad by having Israel invade and squeeze them from the west. It would be suicide for them and they're not that stupid.

X2.  The immediate objective of the Islamists is the defeat of Assad and the Baathist party he represents. It important to understand that there is a distinction between the Baathists party and the secularist contingency. What we have in Syria is three, not two, groups fighting for power. It's a supremely complicated situation. 
A

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2013, 09:27:18 AM »

Its just her opinion and she's not obligated to back it up, but she's compelled to talk down to you as if its the truth and that you are less informed.