Author Topic: Donald Trump's 9/11 celebration claim widely disputed  (Read 4563 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Donald Trump's 9/11 celebration claim widely disputed
« on: November 23, 2015, 02:28:01 PM »
Who is lying?   Donald Trump, or the NYPD?

Washington (CNN)Donald Trump twice repeated over the weekend that he saw people cheering in New Jersey after the September 11 attacks -- but his claims are being widely disputed as false.

Trump first made the claim at a campaign rally in Alabama on Saturday, where he said he "watched the World Trade Center go down" and watched in New Jersey, "as thousands of people were cheering as the building was coming down."

He doubled down on those claims in an interview Sunday with ABC's "This Week," even as George Stephanopoulos pushed back.

"There were people that were cheering on the other side of New Jersey where you have large Arab populations," Trump said. "They were cheering as the World Trade Center came down. I know it might be not politically correct for you to talk about it, but there were people cheering as that building came down."

"Police say it didn't happen," Stephanopoulos pressed, to which Trump said he saw it himself on television.

Trump claimed: "It was well covered at the time."

But numerous publications and local politicians have said Trump is incorrect.

Both Politifact and The Washington Post's Fact Checker analyzed Trump's claim. Politifact rated it "pants on fire" and The Washington Post gave it "four Pinocchios."

Neither outlet could find any news reports that corroborate Trump's account of events. There were a few reports of rumors that there were celebrations in New Jersey, along with images of Palestinians celebrating overseas that were broadcast locally.

A September 17, 2001, an Associated Press story referred to "unfounded ... rumors of rooftop celebrations of the attack by Muslims" in Jersey City, New Jersey.

And in a September 18, 2001, article, The Washington Post wrote that "law enforcement authorities detained and questioned a number of people who were allegedly seen celebrating the attacks and holding tailgate-style parties on rooftops while they watched the devastation on the other side of the river." But there was no source for the information and there is no evidence of anything coming of the questioning.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Re: Donald Trump's 9/11 celebration claim widely disputed
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 02:37:46 PM »
Ben Carson Says He Also Saw The Nonexistent Footage Of Muslims Celebrating 9/11 In New Jersey

Ben Carson Says He Also Saw The Nonexistent Footage Of Muslims Celebrating 9/11 In New Jersey

Source: Right Wing Watch

Not content with Donald Trump having all the attention for his latest string of bigoted statements, Ben Carson told CNN today that he too saw footage of Muslim residents of New Jersey celebrating the 9/11 attacks:

Read more: http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/ben-carson-says-he-also-saw-non-existent-footage-muslims-celebrating-911-new-jersey#sthash.vI2xaphs.dpuf

Ben Carson: "Me too! Me too!"

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 03:16:15 PM »
It's interesting that when you search dancing 9/11, all the stories come up related to those Israeli guys seen celebrating as the towers burned (and were reported to police at that time).

James

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 03:46:27 PM »
" law enforcement authorities detained and questioned a number of people who were allegedly seen celebrating the attacks and holding tailgate-style parties on rooftops while they watched the devastation on the other side of the river."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/2001/09/18/northern-new-jersey-draws-probers-eyes/40f82ea4-e015-4d6e-a87e-93aa433fafdc/?postshare=7281448290025183&tid=ss_fb

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2015, 04:04:10 PM »
" law enforcement authorities detained and questioned a number of people who were allegedly seen celebrating the attacks and holding tailgate-style parties on rooftops while they watched the devastation on the other side of the river."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/2001/09/18/northern-new-jersey-draws-probers-eyes/40f82ea4-e015-4d6e-a87e-93aa433fafdc/?postshare=7281448290025183&tid=ss_fb

The guys on the train weren't suspicious at all!  Nope, nothing to see there.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2015, 09:45:36 PM »
Carson Backs Off Comments About US Muslims Cheering on 9/11

Source: ABC News

Hours after telling reporters that he saw a video of American Muslims in New Jersey cheering on Sept. 11, 2001, when the World Trade Center's twin towers fell, Ben Carson's campaign apologized for the remarks, saying he "doesn't stand behind" them and that they were "a mistake."

When asked by ABC News if American Muslims were cheering on 9/11 -- as has been suggested by Donald Trump -- Carson said “Yes.”

However, Carson made a 180 a short time later.

"He doesn't stand behind his comments to New Jersey and American Muslims," said campaign spokesman Doug Watts said. "He was rather thinking of the protests going on in the Middle East and some of the demonstrations that we're going on in celebration of the towers going down.

Read more: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/ben-carson-newsreels-american-muslims-cheering-911/story?id=35376256

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2015, 10:37:48 PM »
Who is lying?   Donald Trump, or the NYPD?

Washington (CNN)Donald Trump twice repeated over the weekend that he saw people cheering in New Jersey after the September 11 attacks -- but his claims are being widely disputed as false.

Trump first made the claim at a campaign rally in Alabama on Saturday, where he said he "watched the World Trade Center go down" and watched in New Jersey, "as thousands of people were cheering as the building was coming down."

He doubled down on those claims in an interview Sunday with ABC's "This Week," even as George Stephanopoulos pushed back.

"There were people that were cheering on the other side of New Jersey where you have large Arab populations," Trump said. "They were cheering as the World Trade Center came down. I know it might be not politically correct for you to talk about it, but there were people cheering as that building came down."

"Police say it didn't happen," Stephanopoulos pressed, to which Trump said he saw it himself on television.

Trump claimed: "It was well covered at the time."

But numerous publications and local politicians have said Trump is incorrect.

Both Politifact and The Washington Post's Fact Checker analyzed Trump's claim. Politifact rated it "pants on fire" and The Washington Post gave it "four Pinocchios."

Neither outlet could find any news reports that corroborate Trump's account of events. There were a few reports of rumors that there were celebrations in New Jersey, along with images of Palestinians celebrating overseas that were broadcast locally.

A September 17, 2001, an Associated Press story referred to "unfounded ... rumors of rooftop celebrations of the attack by Muslims" in Jersey City, New Jersey.

And in a September 18, 2001, article, The Washington Post wrote that "law enforcement authorities detained and questioned a number of people who were allegedly seen celebrating the attacks and holding tailgate-style parties on rooftops while they watched the devastation on the other side of the river." But there was no source for the information and there is no evidence of anything coming of the questioning.

You also thought Ben Carson was lying and see how that backfired?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2015, 10:41:43 PM »
You also thought Ben Carson was lying and see how that backfired?

ben carson admitted that some of the things in his book weren't true.

Remember?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2015, 10:59:11 PM »
ben carson admitted that some of the things in his book weren't true.

Remember?

No, actually I don't. 240, you don't want to rehash this. lol

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2015, 11:04:18 PM »

Ben Carson admits details aren't all accurate in his books ...

Republican presidential contender Ben Carson, facing intense scrutiny over the accuracy of many of the stories in his best-selling books, appeared to admit Wednesday night that not all of his accounts are precise.

“I defy you to find anybody who can go back and very accurately detail everything that happened 20, 30, 40, 50 years ago,” the retired neurosurgeon said on Fox News Channel’s “The Kelly File” Wednesday night.

“You can give the general flavor and that’s what I did, working with a co-writer. You’re never going to have the exact details in that kind of situation,” he added.

Carson has come under intense questioning for many of the anecdotes from his personal life that he has described in his books.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ben-carson-admits-details-aren-accurate-books-article-1.2432370

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2015, 11:05:44 PM »

LOL @ you wanting to turn this into a ben carson thread.

personally, I believe trump.  BUT that means you are calling Christie, Carson, the NYPD, and everyone else that says it never happened - youre calling them LIARS.

Who is full of shit on this - Trump or all of them?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2015, 11:06:47 PM »
LOL @ you wanting to turn this into a ben carson thread.

personally, I believe trump.  BUT that means you are calling Christie, Carson, the NYPD, and everyone else that says it never happened - youre calling them LIARS.

Who is full of shit on this - Trump or all of them?

The left. Never to be trusted. Fact.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2015, 11:11:27 PM »
The left. Never to be trusted. Fact.

we're talking about repubs vs repub now.   Understand that?  No leftist boogeyman to blame.

Either republican Trump is lying, or republican Christie + carson + NYPD are all covering up this celebration.

WHICH IS IT?  WHICH REPUB IS LYING?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2015, 10:52:20 AM »
Obviously Trump is lying. He never saw that on TV. But here is the kicker. His supporters won't care that he lied. It just doesn't matter.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2015, 10:59:50 AM »
Obviously Trump is lying. He never saw that on TV. But here is the kicker. His supporters won't care that he lied. It just doesn't matter.

Are you confusing Trump's supporters with those of Hillary and Obama? 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2015, 11:01:43 AM »
Are you confusing Trump's supporters with those of Hillary and Obama? 

Not at all... nor Carson's supporters... Republicans don't hold the patent on gullibility, though often times I think they set the standard

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2015, 11:02:49 AM »

He said THOUSANDS.   Nobody else saw this.  Except carson.  Then he changed his story.

thousands of people in 'jersey city' cheering as the towers fell.

Will any republican defend their FRONTRUNNER?  He just made up a huge lie about 9/11... and *crickets*

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2015, 11:06:57 AM »
Not at all... nor Carson's supporters... Republicans don't hold the patent on gullibility, though often times I think they set the standard

Meh.  I have seen nothing this campaign season that rivals Obama's dishonesty as president and Hillary's blatant misrepresentations regarding Benghazi.  Their supporters don't care. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2015, 11:12:49 AM »
Meh.  I have seen nothing this campaign season that rivals Obama's dishonesty as president and Hillary's blatant misrepresentations regarding Benghazi.  Their supporters don't care. 

Grasshopper, you must first open your ears.. before you can hear

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2015, 11:14:55 AM »

I can understand why you'd want to CHANGE THE SUBJECT.   Trump made up a horrible claim about 911... he's the republican FRONTRUNNER and he's disgracing their memories.

yeah, attacking a getbigger might change the subject for a minute, but it won't change how annoyed you are, that the most likely candidate for your party is an immature dem who should have washed out months ago.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2015, 11:15:02 AM »
Grasshopper, you must first open your ears.. before you can hear

Open my ears to what?  That the terrorist attack in Benghazi was a spontaneous demonstration caused by a youtube video?  

Or that the individual mandate in Obamacare is not a tax?  

Or that if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor?  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2015, 11:18:03 AM »
Open my ears to what?  That the terrorist attack in Benghazi was a spontaneous demonstration caused by a youtube video? 

Or that the individual mandate in Obamacare is not a tax? 

Or that if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor? 

this is a thread about trump's outrageous 911 claims.

not a place to diss hilary.  Lots of other threads for that.

thanks in advance.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2015, 11:20:16 AM »
this is a thread about trump's outrageous 911 claims.

not a place to diss hilary.  Lots of other threads for that.

thanks in advance.

If you don't like my comments, don't read them.  Troll. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2015, 11:25:11 AM »
I guess we are arguing this.. Obama, Hillary etc are no worse than Trump or Carson. I think they all lie, we can argue about degrees... or reasons.. I think Trump is not only not suited for the office, he is a sociopathic narcissist. Of all the candidates he scares me most. But yeah, Obama lied, Hillary has lied, Trump has lied , Carson is lying about something right now somewhere.. where do we go from here?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2015, 11:30:48 AM »
I guess we are arguing this.. Obama, Hillary etc are no worse than Trump or Carson. I think they all lie, we can argue about degrees... or reasons.. I think Trump is not only not suited for the office, he is a sociopathic narcissist. Of all the candidates he scares me most. But yeah, Obama lied, Hillary has lied, Trump has lied , Carson is lying about something right now somewhere.. where do we go from here?

I disagree for the most part.  Trump is definitely a narcissist.  A liar?  I don't know.  He think he just talks out of rear end a lot.  Sort of stream of consciousness stuff. 

Carson?  Absolutely not a liar.  I am not impressed at all with the MSM media smear campaign. 

Hillary and Obama?  Proven, demonstrable dishonesty (like the examples I just gave).