Author Topic: It begins - McCarthy Officially Backs Biden Impeachment Inquiry  (Read 2070 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
It begins - McCarthy Officially Backs Biden Impeachment Inquiry
« on: September 12, 2023, 09:15:07 AM »
House Speaker Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., is officially backing an impeachment inquiry, he announced in a brief statement to the media Tuesday.

Punchbowl News reported earlier Tuesday morning that McCarthy is set to tell a closed door meeting of House Republicans that an impeachment inquiry is the "logical next step," in the GOP's investigations into Joe Biden and his son, Hunter Biden.

Thursday's meeting has been called so GOP House members can get an update on the probes headed by House Oversight Committee Chair, James Comer, R-Ky., and House Judiciary Committee Chair Jim Jordan, R-Ohio.

Punchbowl noted that McCarthy will announce that the two chairs have found sufficient information that requires the House to formalize an impeachment inquiry. The inquiry is seen as a way to get the Bidens' bank records.

Punchbowl reported that the two probes have yet to come up with any direct evidence showing the president personally profited off his son's foreign business dealings.

Several Republicans — including Reps. Don Bacon of Nebraska and Ken Buck of Colorado have expressed skepticism over the need for an inquiry.

Some Senate Republicans are bristling at their counterparts in the House pushing to indict Joe Biden.

Asked if she believes there is enough evidence to impeach Joe Biden, Sen. Shelley Moore Capito, R-W.Va., said bluntly: "I do not."

"I don't know what the basis of this call for impeachment is. It just sounds like a lot of noise to me," she told The Washington Times.

Sen. Mitt Romney, R-Utah, told Axios he didn't think there's been "any high crimes or misdemeanors" alleged.

The Messenger reported that last week, the White House accused McCarthy of lying about the allegations of bribery against the president after the speaker claimed Congress found evidence that Joe Biden received payments while abroad during his time as vice president.

A White House spokesman called a potential impeachment inquiry "shameless and baseless."

https://www.newsmax.com/us/kevin-mccarthy-support-impeachment/2023/09/12/id/1134109/?dkt_nbr=6F12129ym9is

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Re: It begins - McCarthy Officially Backs Biden Impeachment Inquiry
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2023, 09:53:49 AM »
“Ok”

hahahahha

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2023, 12:23:22 PM »
Kevin McCarthy Lays Out Evidence in Decision to Launch Biden Impeachment Inquiry

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy announced the House is launching an impeachment inquiry of President Joe Biden, citing at least six separate allegations that led to the decision.

First, he cited the House Oversight Committee’s findings that Biden “did lie to the American people about his own knowledge of his family’s foreign business dealings.”

“Eyewitnesses have testified that the president joined on multiple phone calls and had multiple interactions, dinners, resulting in cars and millions of dollars into (sic) his son’s and his son’s business partners,” he said.

According to evidence gathered by the committee, Biden claimed he never spoke to his family about their business dealings, but did so at least 16 times.

Second, McCarthy also cited bank records that show “nearly $20 million in payments were directed to the Biden family members and associates through various shell companies.”

The House Oversight Committee announced in August that it had found bank records that showed that Biden businesses received millions from business schemes in Romania and China, and that nine Biden family members received payments from the family foreign business ventures, including two of Joe Biden’s grandchildren.

Third, McCarthy also said the Treasury Department has “more than 150 transactions involving the Biden family and other business associates that were flagged as suspicious activity by U.S. banks.”

In April 2022, CBS News reported that U.S. banks had flagged over 150 suspicious financial transactions from Hunter and James Biden, which included wire transfers of “large” amounts of money.

Fourth, McCarthy cited an FBI informant who alleged that the president and his son both received bribes of $5 million each.

Fifth, McCarthy cited Biden using “his official office to coordinate with Hunter Biden’s business partners about Hunter’s role in Burisma Ukrainian energy company,” referring to recent revelations from Hunter Biden’s laptop that then-Vice President Biden used private or alias accounts to send government information to Hunter.

According to a Wall Street Journal editorial, “One email alerted Hunter to a call the Vice President made to then-Ukrainian president Petro Poroshenko—at the same time Hunter was on the board of Ukrainian gas giant Burisma.” Another email showed Hunter Biden “using his business email in 2014 to write to his father’s ‘robinware’ account, asking the veep to call him before making a specific government staffing decision. Joe replied: ‘Re Johnny call me right away Dad.'”

Finally, McCarthy said — likely in reference to the Justice Department’s handling of its investigation of Hunter Biden, “Despite the serious allegations, it appears that the president’s family has been offered special treatment by Biden’s own administration — treatment that [they] not otherwise would have received if they were not related to the President.”

These allegations paint a picture of a culture of corruption,” McCarthy said. “These are allegations of abuse of power, obstruction and corruption.”

He concluded: “And they warrant further investigation by the House of Representatives. That’s why today I am directing our house committee to open a formal impeachment inquiry into President Joe Biden. This logical next step will give our committees the full power to gather all the facts and answers for the American public.”

The inquiry will be led by House Oversight Chairman James Comer (KY), Judiciary Committee Chairman Jim Jordan (OH), and Ways and Means Committee Chairman Jason Smith (MO).

“The American people deserve to know that the public offices are not for sale, and that the federal government is not being used to cover up the actions of a politically associated family,” McCarthy said.

“Now, I would encourage the President and his team to fully cooperate with this investigation in the interests of transparency. We are committed to getting the answers for the American public, nothing more, nothing less. We will go wherever the evidence takes us.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/09/12/kevin-mccarthy-lays-out-evidence-decision-launch-biden-impeachment-inquiry/

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2023, 01:08:55 PM »
House Speaker Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., is officially backing an impeachment inquiry, he announced in a brief statement to the media Tuesday.

Punchbowl News reported earlier Tuesday morning that McCarthy is set to tell a closed door meeting of House Republicans that an impeachment inquiry is the "logical next step," in the GOP's investigations into Joe Biden and his son, Hunter Biden.

Thursday's meeting has been called so GOP House members can get an update on the probes headed by House Oversight Committee Chair, James Comer, R-Ky., and House Judiciary Committee Chair Jim Jordan, R-Ohio.

Punchbowl noted that McCarthy will announce that the two chairs have found sufficient information that requires the House to formalize an impeachment inquiry. The inquiry is seen as a way to get the Bidens' bank records.

Punchbowl reported that the two probes have yet to come up with any direct evidence showing the president personally profited off his son's foreign business dealings.

Several Republicans — including Reps. Don Bacon of Nebraska and Ken Buck of Colorado have expressed skepticism over the need for an inquiry.

Some Senate Republicans are bristling at their counterparts in the House pushing to indict Joe Biden.

Asked if she believes there is enough evidence to impeach Joe Biden, Sen. Shelley Moore Capito, R-W.Va., said bluntly: "I do not."

"I don't know what the basis of this call for impeachment is. It just sounds like a lot of noise to me," she told The Washington Times.

Sen. Mitt Romney, R-Utah, told Axios he didn't think there's been "any high crimes or misdemeanors" alleged.

The Messenger reported that last week, the White House accused McCarthy of lying about the allegations of bribery against the president after the speaker claimed Congress found evidence that Joe Biden received payments while abroad during his time as vice president.

A White House spokesman called a potential impeachment inquiry "shameless and baseless."

https://www.newsmax.com/us/kevin-mccarthy-support-impeachment/2023/09/12/id/1134109/?dkt_nbr=6F12129ym9is

Did you read this in its entirety? If so, good for you. And even better that you had the fortitude to post it here.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2023, 01:13:09 PM »
“Ok”

hahaha

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2023, 01:33:06 PM »
Did you read this in its entirety? If so, good for you. And even better that you had the fortitude to post it here.

Yep, I did and Yet it’s still starting and I’m sure a lot more evidence will be presented. This other R’s especially Romney is irrelevant

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2023, 01:38:03 PM »
“Ok”

hahaha

It appears Coach has a selective reading issue or diminished comprehension. This is only one of a multitude of links he's posted where the full contents of the article almost completely contradict what the lead-in implied. If he could only learn to read beyond the headlines, he might be better informed.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2023, 03:04:46 PM »
It appears Coach has a selective reading issue or diminished comprehension. This is only one of a multitude of links he's posted where the full contents of the article almost completely contradict what the lead-in implied. If he could only learn to read beyond the headlines, he might be better informed.

Do you know, prime the offer I made to lurker also applies to you. If you think you have better information than me, or my sources, let’s have a live debate. Why do you people keep running? Even our leftist politicians will not have a debate. This is a trend.

Trump got fake impeached twice on literally zero evidence and not only words there’s zero evidence, they had to alter what evidence they supposedly had to lie to the American people and just like now you and Lurker, and whoever else buys into this shit went right along with it just like you do now.

And before you correct me on my spelling on my grammar, I’m driving using voice to text.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2023, 05:29:30 PM »
Do you know, prime the offer I made to lurker also applies to you. If you think you have better information than me, or my sources, let’s have a live debate. Why do you people keep running? Even our leftist politicians will not have a debate. This is a trend.

Trump got fake impeached twice on literally zero evidence and not only words there’s zero evidence, they had to alter what evidence they supposedly had to lie to the American people and just like now you and Lurker, and whoever else buys into this shit went right along with it just like you do now.

And before you correct me on my spelling on my grammar, I’m driving using voice to text.

Why do you continue to ask why won't anyone "live debate" you? All 3 of us have clearly explained why. Yet you fumble with the explanation. It seems you are befuddled by it. (Not missing a chance to use befuddled).

Your information, your sources, have steered you wrong for at least 3 years yet you cling to them like a baby calf to it's mothers teat. That you continue to cling to such nonsense indicates a learning disability. I wouldn't debate you just as I wouldn't participate in a foot race with someone in a wheelchair. It is kind of "cute" that you think in a live debate you would suddenly accomplish what you have failed to accomplish in written form for 3 years, which is actually win an argument.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2023, 06:04:58 PM »

You missed the point. Not questioning your sources here. I referenced your post and bolded the parts of it that you either ignored or didn't read. If this were a one-off, then no big deal, but truthfully is a pattern with you which you have been called out on by several others.

You frequently bring up the topic of debate. Is it some kind of ploy? I believe I asked you once how you imagine this to work. What would be the venue? I am not interested in traveling to L.A. just to have a debate with you. No offense, but what you think is not that important to me. Aren't we in fact debating on Getbig in our posts? If you are so keen on debates, talk your hero into debating the other contenders for GOP nomination.

Big deal Trump got impeached twice. Get over it. What the heck does that have to do with anything going on today? Are you comparing it to the smattering of Republican House Reps yipping about impeaching Biden? I would like nothing better than to see that small group of MAGA folks try to bring impeachment forward. They will end up looking like fools, they don't even have the support of other Republican House Reps. And if by some miracle those loud mouths impeached him in the house, the Senate will never uphold it. Just like it was with Trump, this is all a colossal waste of our taxes... and it is  all for not.

BTW, voice to text typos is no big deal except when the reader cannot make sense of your post because of the typo. Would you prefer folks just take wild guesses what you meant to say?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2023, 07:51:50 PM »
[GOP rep. torches reporter claiming Americans see no evidence for Biden impeachment: 'You don't report on it’/i]

Rep. Scott Perry, R-Pa., called out a journalist on Tuesday for claiming that Americans "can't see" evidence that President Biden has committed wrongdoing worthy of impeachment.

The GOP lawmaker pointed out several examples of evidence of the president’s corruption in response to a question reportedly from U.K. Channel 4 Washington correspondent Siobhan Kennedy. He also said that many Americans are in the dark about it because mainstream reporters like her "don’t report on it."

The exchange happened during a press conference held by members of Congress outside the Capitol Tuesday, hours after Speaker of the House Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., announced a congressional impeachment inquiry into President Biden.

Perry, the House Freedom Caucus chair, motioned to Kennedy to ask him one final question before he left the podium. She said, "Can I just ask, what actual evidence do you have as opposed to allegations to show to the American people that would merit an actual impeachment inquiry of Joe Biden, and prove that today isn’t just about –"

Perry interjected with a sarcastic reply. "Oh, I don’t know."

She then finished her question, wondering if McCarthy was doing this "for the sake of enacting political revenge for the impeachment of Donald Trump."

Perry immediately shut Kennedy down, declaring, "This isn’t about political revenge. We have the bank accounts. We can see – ma’am – you can see that the homes that the Bidens own can’t be afforded on a congressional or a Senate salary."

He continued: "You also understand that it’s not normal for family members to receive millions of dollars from overseas interests. Those things aren’t normal. That’s not normal to have 20 shell companies. These things are not normal, and it alludes to not only just widespread corruption, but money laundering, if not influence-peddling itself.

Adding in Biden’s self-proclaimed hand in the firing of a prosecutor looking into his son’s business dealings in Ukraine, Perry said, "And we also have the vice president at the time on record saying that the prosecutor was fired. Well, son of a b----, the prosecutor was fired. Because the prosecutor was going after the company that his son was working on."

"That’s what we have," Perry proclaimed, becoming more animated. "If you can’t see that. If you are that blind – I’ll turn it over to the attorneys," he said as he invited others to replace him on the podium.

As he walked away, the Channel 4 reporter got one more statement in, saying, "The American people can’t see that. They think it’s political revenge."

Perry fired back, "Because you don’t report on it."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/gop-rep-torches-reporter-claiming-americans-see-no-evidence-for-biden-impeachment-you-don-t-report-on-it/ar-AA1gD3Sn

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2023, 09:15:45 PM »

He continued: "You also understand that it’s not normal for family members to receive millions of dollars from overseas interests. Those things aren’t normal. That’s not normal to have 20 shell companies. These things are not normal, and it alludes to not only just widespread corruption, but money laundering, if not influence-peddling itself.

Although there is a mountain of evidence of corruption, I think this is probably the most damning. 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2023, 09:17:29 PM »
Why do you continue to ask why won't anyone "live debate" you? All 3 of us have clearly explained why. Yet you fumble with the explanation. It seems you are befuddled by it. (Not missing a chance to use befuddled).

Your information, your sources, have steered you wrong for at least 3 years yet you cling to them like a baby calf to it's mothers teat. That you continue to cling to such nonsense indicates a learning disability. I wouldn't debate you just as I wouldn't participate in a foot race with someone in a wheelchair. It is kind of "cute" that you think in a live debate you would suddenly accomplish what you have failed to accomplish in written form for 3 years, which is actually win an argument.

If that’s what you think then let’s do it. Quit running

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2023, 09:19:43 PM »

Lets go

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2023, 09:29:15 PM »

Wrong? Since Trump came down that escalator you’ve bought into literally every made up, lie, “smoking gun” and allegations that’s been said or written only to have almost every one debunked starting with “Russian Collusion” which was also been proved a lie.

You think there isn’t a two tiered justice system and all everything that’s happening isn’t election interference, you think going after Trump and anyone associated with him is normal. You actually think there is no corruption, fuck, you even think there’s no evidence against Biden and his crackhead kid.

Here’s a question for you. If you don’t know what corruption looks like, how do we know you weren’t a corrupt cop? If you want to know what corruption looks like where you served, look no farther then watching Austin go to shit from it.
LETS FUCKING GO Agnostic.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2023, 06:06:52 AM »

Hahahaha “live debate”

You’ve have been told over and over why no one is wasting time debating a retard.  Yet you are too stupid to understand simple English. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2023, 06:10:38 AM »
Ok red hats, go ahead and post your excuses now on why the impeachment won’t come to bear the fruit of your desperate, futile, self loathing dreams.

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2023, 07:58:38 AM »

what's the point of a debate? what does it actually do?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2023, 09:30:29 AM »

what's the point of a debate? what does it actually do?

Especially when he is too stupid to debate.   He can’t articulate or post factual information here in a thread when he has plenty of time to research it first.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2023, 12:47:55 PM »
Wrong? Since Trump came down that escalator you’ve bought into literally every made up, lie, “smoking gun” and allegations that’s been said or written only to have almost every one debunked starting with “Russian Collusion” which was also been proved a lie.

You think there isn’t a two tiered justice system and all everything that’s happening isn’t election interference, you think going after Trump and anyone associated with him is normal. You actually think there is no corruption, fuck, you even think there’s no evidence against Biden and his crackhead kid.

Here’s a question for you. If you don’t know what corruption looks like, how do we know you weren’t a corrupt cop? If you want to know what corruption looks like where you served, look no farther then watching Austin go to shit from it.
LETS FUCKING GO Agnostic.

A straw man argument, sometimes called a straw person argument or spelled strawman argument, is the logical fallacy of distorting an opposing position into an extreme version of itself and then arguing against that extreme version. In creating a straw man argument, the arguer strips the opposing point of view of any nuance and often misrepresents it in a negative light.

The straw man fallacy is an informal fallacy, which means that the flaw lies with the arguer’s method of arguing rather than the flaws of the argument itself. The straw man fallacy avoids the opponent’s actual argument and instead argues against an inaccurate caricature of it. By doing this, the straw man fallacy is a fallacy of relevance,

Or is it...

Complex question. A complex question is a question that implicitly assumes something to be true by its construction, such as "Have you stopped beating your wife?" A question like this is fallacious only if the thing presumed true (in this case, that you beat your wife) has not been established.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2023, 02:23:35 PM »
A straw man argument, sometimes called a straw person argument or spelled strawman argument, is the logical fallacy of distorting an opposing position into an extreme version of itself and then arguing against that extreme version. In creating a straw man argument, the arguer strips the opposing point of view of any nuance and often misrepresents it in a negative light.

The straw man fallacy is an informal fallacy, which means that the flaw lies with the arguer’s method of arguing rather than the flaws of the argument itself. The straw man fallacy avoids the opponent’s actual argument and instead argues against an inaccurate caricature of it. By doing this, the straw man fallacy is a fallacy of relevance,

Or is it...

Complex question. A complex question is a question that implicitly assumes something to be true by its construction, such as "Have you stopped beating your wife?" A question like this is fallacious only if the thing presumed true (in this case, that you beat your wife) has not been established.

You literally said a lot of nothing

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2023, 02:33:53 PM »
You literally said a lot of nothing

If you read between the lines, I said you are clueless about debating. I should have spelled it out.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2023, 04:26:13 PM »
McQarthy - Knows there is nothing there but is desperate to hold on to speakership.  I'd love to ask him, why would you want to subject yourself to this shit?  If the crazies don't replace him, the house will likely flip in two years and he's out anyway.  He really is spineless.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2023, 09:00:58 PM »
[Sen. Tuberville: 'Shocked' Over Scale of Evidence on Biden/i]

Sen. Tommy Tuberville, R-Ala., said Wednesday he is "absolutely shocked" by the amount of evidence House Republicans have gathered in their investigation of alleged criminal activity involving President Joe Biden and members of his family.

Tuberville said in a video posted on his X account he met with Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, chair of the House Judiciary Committee, and Rep. James Comer, R-Ky., chair of the House Committee on Oversight and Accountability, to review evidence they have gathered in their investigations.

"For the first time here in the Senate, most of us just sat down and listened as they laid out the case against President Joe Biden and his son, Hunter Biden," Tuberville said. "You know, I am absolutely shocked by the scale of the allegations and the strength of the evidence.

"We ought to be ashamed. Our media ought to be ashamed. Our institutions should be ashamed of what has gone on for the last four years without being investigated."

Tuberville, who has shown his distaste for impeachments given what happened during the two Senate trials involving former President Donald Trump, commended House Speaker Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., for announcing Tuesday the launch of an impeachment inquiry into the president.

"I commend Speaker McCarthy for moving forward with an impeachment inquiry," Tuberville said. "You know, I don't like impeachments – it holds back our country. But in this case, it needs to happen. The American people deserve the truth."

On Tuesday, Tuberville was a bit more skeptical on the impeachment inquiry, telling "Meet the Press NOW," "What I've heard is there's a lot of fire and a lot of smoke, but we don't know whether there's any truth to it."

"I'm not for impeachment unless it is ironclad, as I said about [former] President Trump," Tuberville said. "If you're going to go after a former president or president, let's don't waste time. Let's know the truth. Let's be able to bring it out. Let the American people know. We've got enough problems up here right now without going through an impeachment process."

Tuberville said Tuesday even if the House sends articles of impeachment to the Senate for a trial, Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., might not act on it. But only once in U.S. history has no trial been held after the House delivered articles of impeachment – in 1873, when Kansas U.S. District Court Judge Mark Delahay resigned before the trial after being impeached over allegations of alcoholism.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/tommy-tuberville-impeachment-inquiry-house/2023/09/13/id/1134357/