Author Topic: Dangers of Statin Drugs  (Read 5234 times)

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Dangers of Statin Drugs
« Reply #125 on: April 13, 2024, 05:51:05 AM »
Your body adjusts to eating few carbs after awhile and uses ketones for energy.

I eat hardly any carbs but do what you call "exhausting full body workouts".

I even go for 3 hour bike rides after training and before eating.

How is it possible?

I'm not saying eating zero carbs is optimal if you are an Olympic marathoner, but you are incorrect about a 5 mile run being impossible.

Nomadic American Indians ate basically a meat diet and went on physically demanding hunts for more meat.

Americans eat TOO MANY carbs.  300-400 grams a day is too many.

And most are eaten in highly processed junk foods.

If you stop eating processed foods, sugars, and seed oils you will be better off.

You can still eat some carbs but avoid the above.

Get your carbs from whole foods that do not contain seed oils and sugar.

It will make a huge difference.
Whole body routines are exhausting depending on the weight used. They are easy with light weights and exhausting with heavy weights. I use to bike a lot and even rode 500 miles in five days in the summer heat in Iowa. Endurance needs glycogen. Again it's a matter of of how hard you are pushing. A hard 5 mile run at OPTIMAL capability will be impossible on a low carb diet. Talking about being at your best for the run.  I do understand that a high carb full of sugar is not healthy.

Do you feel you get really lean on your low carb diet? Many say they see the fat melt off.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: April 13, 2024, 06:01:59 AM »
Whole body routines are exhausting depending on the weight used. They are easy with light weights and exhausting with heavy weights. I use to bike a lot and even rode 500 miles in five days in the summer heat in Iowa. Endurance needs glycogen. Again it's a matter of of how hard you are pushing. A hard 5 mile run at OPTIMAL capability will be impossible on a low carb diet. Talking about being at your best for the run.  I do understand that a high carb full of sugar is not healthy.

Do you feel you get really lean on your low carb diet? Many say they see the fat melt off.
If you read the thread people ahe already given examples of perfomances similar to carb load and keto

Have you ever tried Keto and see how you perform?

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #127 on: April 13, 2024, 06:09:19 AM »
If you read the thread people ahe already given examples of perfomances similar to carb load and keto

Have you ever tried Keto and see how you perform?

Talking about endurance needing glycogen.  No way can a runner achieve his OPTIMAL capability on a low carb diet. Even pro bodybuilders say they are dragging on low carb diets. A typical keto diet isn't truly low carbs but lower carbs.

In the end no one can convince me that optimal athletic performance in some sport that needs endurance like cycling, boxing and running is best served on a low carb diet.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: April 13, 2024, 06:15:17 AM »
Talking about endurance needing glycogen.  No way can a runner achieve his OPTIMAL capability on a low carb diet. Even pro bodybuilders say they are dragging on low carb diets. A typical keto diet isn't truly low carbs but lower carbs.

In the end no one can convince me that optimal athletic performance in some sport that needs endurance like cycling, boxing and running is best served on a low carb diet.

go back and read the thread again FFS

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
« Reply #129 on: April 13, 2024, 06:37:49 AM »

You have to be in condition to do full-body workouts which can be up to 50 sets over 2 hours or so.

After a couple weeks you get used to it like anything else.  There is a mental adjustment along with a physical adjustment.

If you are training heavy you may need longer rests between sets.

A routine like that done 2-3 days a week.

A mistake made by people doing full-body training is to just take their bro-split routine and trying to do it all in one day.

You don't do that! 

A full-body routine should be in the range of 3-6 sets per bodypart, usually consisting of thighs, calves, chest, back, delts, biceps, triceps.  Anywhere from 21-42 sets total spread over 1-2 exercises per bodypart.  Compound exercises preferred.

The 3 hour full-body workouts for the Silver Age guys like Clancy Ross were pre-contest routines, not off-contest.

When I was doing Arnold bro-splits pre-contest many years ago it would be 20-25 sets a bodypart, 4-5 exercises per bodypart, doing say chest and back twice a week.  So, that is 40-50 sets again over up to 2.5 hours in the gym. 

That done 6 days a week! 

Regarding fat, your body adjusts on keto.  A new set point.  Your ketone production adjusts.  You don't just keep losing more and more fat until you disappear.

Interesting article excerpt:

https://www.doctorkiltz.com/cyclical-keto-diet/

Ultra-endurance athletes may also thrive on conventional keto. Becoming keto-adapted actually helps the ultra-endurance athlete reach one of their most coveted goals: becoming ‘bonk-proof.’ 

Bonking is the word endurance athletes use to describe the point when your body uses up it’s glycogen stores, and switches to breaking down fat. For an athlete who is not keto-adapted, this means major physical struggle. But for an athlete whose body is adapted to CKD, the transition is easier. And there are already higher levels of ketones in the blood.

Ketones are a decidedly cleaner-burning fuel source than carbs when it comes to slow, steady energy production. [13] Ultra-endurance events are far too long to be sustained by the body’s glycogen (carbohydrate) stores alone.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #130 on: April 13, 2024, 06:39:28 AM »

I agree Carbs are needed in any endurance sport.  Infact this is important just before a high edurance sport such as running.
look at most military diets carbs in there & for a reason.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: April 13, 2024, 06:54:10 AM »
I agree Carbs are needed in any endurance sport.  Infact this is important just before a high edurance sport such as running.
look at most military diets carbs in there & for a reason.

Food served in the military is typically the Western diet.

Reason?

It's cheap and people like it.  It's considered to be a good diet by most people.  The Food Pyramid.

My dad was a U.S. Marine.  He would describe eating what they called "shit on a shingle" which is cooked ground beef on top of mashed potatoes.  We would have it at home.  Typical high carb dinner and cheap.

MRE's are typical stuff.

https://www.ruckformiles.com/mre/how-many-calories-in-an-mre/#Full%20List%20of%2026%20Military%20MRE%20Calories

Full List of 26 Military MRE Calories
NAME   CALORIES   FATS (g)   CARBS (g)   PROTEIN (g)
Chili with Beans
10 items   1240   48   174   174
Beef, Barbecue, Pulled
11 items   1280   44   171   51
Chicken, Noodles and Vegetables in Sauce
12 items   1192   32   194   37
Spaghetti with Beef and Sauce
9 items   1248   39   191   37
Chicken Chunks, White, 5 oz
10 items   1421   56   183   54
Beef Taco Filling
10 items   1227   64   121   50
Beef Brisket
10 items   1253   33   202   40
Meatballs in Marinara Sauce
11 items   1285   61   311   80
Beef Stew
12 items   1197   41   172   39
Chili and Macaroni
12 items   1231   49   169   39
Vegetarian Taco Pasta
10 items   1259   46   186   36
Elbow Macaroni in a Tomato Sauce
11 items   1217   28   217   31
Cheese Tortellini in Tomato Sauce
11 items   1345   47   196   38
Fettuccine, Spinach and Cream Sauce
11 items   1284   40   194   40
Mexican Style Chicken Stew
10 items   1301   43   191   44
Chicken Burrito Bowl
11 items   1314   43   199   41
Pork Sausage Patty, Maple
11 items   1215   65   132   30
Beef Ravioli in Meat Sauce
11 items   1150   49   152   37
Beef Patty, Grilled, Jalapeno Pepper Jack
13 items   1274   59   164   33
Hash Browns with Bacon
11 items   1306   60   166   37
Tuna, Chunk Light, Lemon Pepper
9 items   1185   43   157   16
Asian Style Beef Strips with Vegetables
9 items   1248   44   179   44
Pizza, Pepperoni
10 items   1424   54   206   39
Southwest Beef and Black Beans
9 items   1267   51   163   49
Beef Strips in a Savory Tomato Based Sauce
10 items   1294   38   196   47
Beef Goulash
9 items   1341   52   198   38

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #132 on: April 13, 2024, 06:59:31 AM »
Food served in the military is typically the Western garbage food diet of highly processed foods.

Reason?

It's cheap.

MRE's are typical stuff.
Rubbish in the British Army we were well fed & honestly given fairly good choices of food. I can´t speak for the US Army

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #133 on: April 13, 2024, 07:04:43 AM »
Look i knew some guys who never saw a real dinner before they joined the army.  The Army Catering Corps ( slop Jockies) :) did a fine job.
I loved my Saturday morning Brunch after a night on the piss ..Porked chops (with apple sauce), chips, beans ..tea 

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: April 13, 2024, 07:05:44 AM »
Rubbish in the British Army we were well fed & honestly given fairly good choices of food. I can´t speak for the US Army

It depends what you consider "good".

Likely it was the Food Pyramid.

If you consider eating the Food Pyramid "good" then it was good.

How's your heart health today after eating that for decades?

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: April 13, 2024, 07:08:13 AM »
Look i knew some guys who never saw a real dinner before they joined the army.  The Army Catering Corps ( slop Jockies) :) did a fine job.
I loved my Saturday morning Brunch after a night on the piss ..Porked chops (with apple sauce), chips, beans ..tea 

Sounds like the typical Western diet high in carbs.

How's that heart stent working after your coronary?

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #136 on: April 13, 2024, 07:09:53 AM »
It depends what you consider "good".

Likely it was the Food Pyramid.
No it was decent food & as i wrote the Chefs got shit from us but were loved. The food was good and you were well fed.
3 full meals a day. I mostly ate 2 a day as it was enough for me & i never ate any pudding.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #137 on: April 13, 2024, 07:13:06 AM »
Sounds like the typical Western diet high in carbs.

How's that heart stent working after your coronary?
My heart stents are working fine, infact i went on a long bike ride this morning.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: April 13, 2024, 07:23:19 AM »
My heart stents are working fine, infact i went on a long bike ride this morning.

That was unkind of me to say that, Donny, my apology.

However, eating the Western diet of sugar, carbs, etc. probably resulted in your needing that stent.

Have you considered changing your diet of chips, etc?

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #139 on: April 13, 2024, 07:26:18 AM »
That was unkind of me to say that, Donny, my apology.

However, eating the Western diet of sugar, carbs, etc. probably resulted in your needing that stent.

Have you considered changing your diet of chips, etc?
Try harder , i´m a Vet on here  ;D

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: April 13, 2024, 07:29:18 AM »
Try harder , i´m a Vet on here  ;D

:D

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #141 on: April 13, 2024, 07:34:40 AM »
sadly intelligence cannot be trained (in your case) due to your genetics as is my heart condition.
born that way.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: April 13, 2024, 07:41:09 AM »
sadly intelligence cannot be trained (in your case) due to your genetics as is my heart condition.
born that way.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #143 on: April 13, 2024, 07:45:36 AM »
you are very immature.
more i can´t say.

BEEFCAKE

• Getbig III
  • Team Suckmymuscle Nunchuk Masters&Chicken Blasters
« Reply #144 on: April 13, 2024, 08:19:27 AM »
Ironnat  bought to get dat celle ass woopin

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #145 on: April 13, 2024, 08:36:12 AM »
IroNat and Donny should not be at odds
Y

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #146 on: April 13, 2024, 08:47:53 AM »
It´s OK  :)

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: April 13, 2024, 09:59:06 AM »

I like Donny.

He posts good stuff about martial arts and training.

I was being sincere in my apology although it violated the Getbig Code of never apologizing. 

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #148 on: April 13, 2024, 11:34:32 AM »
Thanks for this thread.   I have ever had headaches my whole life until a few months ago. All of a sudden my head is constantly hurting for months and  I felt tired and nauseous a lot. I the. Googled statin side effects after seeing this thread and sure enough the top ones are headache, fatigue and nausea.  I stop the statin my doc gave me and I haven’t had a headache for 2 weeks  when she prescribed them she just casually gave them to me after a blood test. She was like your cholesterol is high, let me throw this new drug into your mix. What a bitch.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #149 on: April 13, 2024, 11:41:37 AM »
Thanks for this thread.   I have ever had headaches my whole life until a few months ago. All of a sudden my head is constantly hurting for months and  I felt tired and nauseous a lot. I the. Googled statin side effects after seeing this thread and sure enough the top ones are headache, fatigue and nausea.  I stop the statin my doc gave me and I haven’t had a headache for 2 weeks  when she prescribed them she just casually gave them to me after a blood test. She was like your cholesterol is high, let me throw this new drug into your mix. What a bitch.

Which statin was it?
Y