Author Topic: +1 to the Jan 6 count  (Read 84170 times)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Re: +1 to the Jan 6 count
« Reply #450 on: October 26, 2022, 03:11:51 PM »
Did you actually read what you posted?  He was charged with "assaulting a police officer using a deadly weapon," which was stolen police baton, and "carrying a firearm without a license."  So no, he was neither charged with nor convicted of using his firearm to try and overthrow the U.S. government as part of an insurrection. 

I'm sure the stolen police baton was part of his plan to overthrow the government.  ::)

You spend the overwhelming majority of your time on this board calling Coach stupid when (1) he is smarter than you and (2) you post some seriously stupid stuff.  lol   

I never said he was convicted of using his firearm.  I said he lost it and that Trumpturds always claim nobody had weapons.   ::)

You thinking Qoach is smarter than anyone is only evidence of your own stupidity.  Inability at basic reading would be the next clue.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #451 on: October 26, 2022, 03:39:08 PM »
The reason no one was charged with insurrection is because it wasn't an insurrection.

Ok, what was it then? Was it a rally, a demonstration, a protest, a march, a parade, a party?
By definition an Insurrection is:
in·sur·rec·tion
noun
a violent uprising against an authority or government.

Synonyms for insurrection

insurgence, insurgency, mutiny, outbreak, rebellion, revolt, revolution, rising, uprising

Here is a link to Insurrections in America, https://www.pbs.org/newshour/classroom/2021/01/lesson-plan-insurrections-in-american-history-18th-19th-and-20th-centuries/

Here's a link to what is considered and insurrection under government law:

https://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?req=granuleid:USC-1999-title18-section2383&num=0&edition=1999

18 USC 2383: Rebellion or insurrection
Text contains those laws in effect on January 23, 2000
From Title 18-CRIMES AND CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
PART I-CRIMES
CHAPTER 115-TREASON, SEDITION, AND SUBVERSIVE ACTIVITIES

§2383. Rebellion or insurrection
Whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof, or gives aid or comfort thereto, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 808 ; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, §330016(1)(L), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2147 .)

Can a civilian buy a police baton?

In Massachusetts, New York, and Washington D.C. batons are illegal to carry, but legal to own for home use.

A baton can be used as a lethal weapon but it rarely is.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #452 on: October 26, 2022, 04:13:18 PM »
Ok, what was it then? Was it a rally, a demonstration, a protest, a march, a parade, a party?
in·sur·rec·tion
noun

insurgence, insurgency, mutiny, outbreak, rebellion, revolt, revolution, rising, uprising

Here is a link to Insurrections in America, https://www.pbs.org/newshour/classroom/2021/01/lesson-plan-insurrections-in-american-history-18th-19th-and-20th-centuries/

https://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?req=granuleid:USC-1999-title18-section2383&num=0&edition=1999

PART I-CRIMES

Whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof, or gives aid or comfort thereto, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 808 ; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, §330016(1)(L), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2147 .)

In Massachusetts, New York, and Washington D.C. batons are illegal to carry, but legal to own for home use.

Good. Now that you just shown that Trump didn’t cause any of that….

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #453 on: October 27, 2022, 12:31:25 AM »
I never said he was convicted of using his firearm.  I said he lost it and that Trumpturds always claim nobody had weapons.   ::)

You thinking Qoach is smarter than anyone is only evidence of your own stupidity.  Inability at basic reading would be the next clue.

What people claim is that this was not an "armed insurrection."  The article you posted provides further proof that this was not an "armed insurrection."  That's the narrative.

I don't think Coach is smarter than you.  I know he is. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #454 on: October 27, 2022, 12:33:31 AM »
in·sur·rec·tion
noun

PART I-CRIMES

It wasn't an insurrection.  That much is clear.  If it was, the hundreds of people charged would have been charged with insurrection. 

What was it?  Look at the charges and convictions for nearly all of the dummies involved.  In a nutshell, they disrupted a public proceeding. 

But don't run from the narrative that this was an alleged insurrection.  Either accept it or reject it. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #455 on: October 27, 2022, 06:31:55 AM »
What people claim is that this was not an "armed insurrection."  The article you posted provides further proof that this was not an "armed insurrection."  That's the narrative.

I don't think Coach is smarter than you.  I know he is.

The article I posted equates to the comment I made about it.   ::)

You also think that Hershel, Trumpy, Bachmann and Palin were "smart".   Which shows you do not know what "smart" apparently is.  As an outsider looking in, I can understand why you don't.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #456 on: October 27, 2022, 06:33:50 AM »
It wasn't an insurrection.  That much is clear.  If it was, the hundreds of people charged would have been charged with insurrection. 

What was it?  Look at the charges and convictions for nearly all of the dummies involved.  In a nutshell, they disrupted a public proceeding. 

But don't run from the narrative that this was an alleged insurrection.  Either accept it or reject it.

No.  They attempted to stop the transfer of power from one administration to another legally, duly elected administration.

Being in jail is a blessing for them.  If they want to act like they are overthrowing some banana republic gov't, then the gov't should act like a banana republic gov't and turn them into fertilizer.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #457 on: October 27, 2022, 07:36:35 AM »
Why did Nancy Pelosi have a documentary crew at the Capitol on January 6 and why are just now finding out?

https://rumble.com/v1o0enc-why-did-nancy-pelosi-have-a-documentary-crew-with-her-on-jan-6-julie-kelly-.html

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #458 on: October 27, 2022, 07:39:29 AM »
No.  They attempted to stop the transfer of power from one administration to another legally, duly elected administration.

Being in jail is a blessing for them.  If they want to act like they are overthrowing some banana republic gov't, then the gov't should act like a banana republic gov't and turn them into fertilizer.

Sure they did. How come in every leftist propaganda video they happen to just leave out what trump said “Go to the Capitol and peacefully and patriotically protest? Minion

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #459 on: October 27, 2022, 08:04:17 AM »
^^^ Retard excuses.   

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #460 on: October 27, 2022, 08:14:49 AM »
^^^ Retard excuses.

Apparently you’re not as “informed” as you think you are. You prove it every day

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #461 on: October 27, 2022, 08:59:20 AM »
The only thing proven everyday is that the Dildo Of Facts And Reality arrives unlubed every time you sign on here.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #462 on: October 27, 2022, 12:10:29 PM »
Why does finding a Trumpturd to be retarded not surprise me?  Mental challenges are why many people support Trumpy.  They're just not smart enough to know any better.  Autism is not a license to over throw the government.  If he consciously made the decision to believe Trumpys lies, and consciously entered the Capitol, then he was conscious of his decisions. If he cannot tell the difference between right and wrong, he should not be out on the streets.

That being said, I am personally glad he didn't go to jail.  You can look at his picture and tell he is a bit off.  Got dealt a shitty hand at birth so no need to add to it.  And I am really glad the judge didn't send him to a mental health facility for treatment.   Those places are horrible for the most part.

---
Jan. 6 rioter gets probation not prison after judge finds autism played a role.

A Jan. 6 rioter who wielded a hatchet and smashed two windows with a flagpole will serve no jail time, a federal judge ruled Wednesday, finding that Asperger’s syndrome made him susceptible to the influence of the mob.

Nicholas Rodean of Frederick, Md., attempted to address U.S. District Court Judge Trevor McFadden Wednesday and visibly struggled to complete thoughts and sentences while explaining and apologizing for his Jan. 6 conduct. At one point, he clutched his head in frustration.

McFadden ultimately chose to sentence Rodean to 240 days of home confinement. But he said he was convinced that Rodean’s severe mental illness significantly mitigated “the blameworthiness of your conduct."

“I’m giving you a real break here,” McFadden said, noting that similar cases of property destruction connected to the Capitol breach had merited lengthier jail sentences.

Kyle Cheney
Wed, October 26, 2022 at 1:30 PM

A Jan. 6 rioter who wielded a hatchet and smashed two windows with a flagpole will serve no jail time, a federal judge ruled Wednesday, finding that Asperger’s syndrome made him susceptible to the influence of the mob.

Nicholas Rodean of Frederick, Md., attempted to address U.S. District Court Judge Trevor McFadden Wednesday and visibly struggled to complete thoughts and sentences while explaining and apologizing for his Jan. 6 conduct. At one point, he clutched his head in frustration.

McFadden ultimately chose to sentence Rodean to 240 days of home confinement. But he said he was convinced that Rodean’s severe mental illness significantly mitigated “the blameworthiness of your conduct."

“I’m giving you a real break here,” McFadden said, noting that similar cases of property destruction connected to the Capitol breach had merited lengthier jail sentences.
- ADVERTISEMENT -

It was an unexpected turn for a defendant whose health struggles were largely discussed under seal during his nearly two-year criminal case. Rodean was charged on Jan. 11, 2021 for his role in the Capitol breach. McFadden found him guilty during a bench trial in July of shattering two Capitol windows with a flagpole, as well as other crimes associated with breaking into the building and disrupting congressional proceedings.

Rodean famously stood alongside Jan. 6 defendant Jacob Chansley — who wore a horned helmet and face paint — in a standoff with Capitol police that occurred amid a frantic effort to evacuate then-Vice President Mike Pence and senators from the Capitol.

Rodean’s attorney, Charles Burnham — who also represents Donald Trump associates Jeffrey Clark and John Eastman in ongoing Jan. 6 matters — said Rodean had become fixated on politics during the pandemic, when he was isolated and without his typical support structure. He said Rodean was particularly susceptible to the influence of “assertive male figures” like Trump. And once inside the Capitol, he added, Rodean was similarly drawn in by Chansley, who commanded the attention of the crowd that day.

Rodean’s parents sat in the courtroom during the sentencing proceedings, and his sister Kimberly addressed McFadden, during which she expressed worry that prison would devastate her brother’s mental health and sideline his newly successful dog-walking business.

“Autistic people do not fare well in prison,” she said.

But it was Rodean’s own statement to the judge that appeared to be most affecting. For nearly 15 minutes, Rodean struggled to articulate his conduct on Jan. 6, describing how he consumed an intense amount of media about the 2020 Black Lives Matter protests that, at times, led to rioting. On Jan. 6, he took an Uber to the Stop the Steal rally at which Trump appeared, and then marched along with the crowd. Someone then handed him an object that he used to smash the two windows that had already been struck by other rioters.

“I am really sorry about breaking the window,” he said. “I am really sorry about other crimes that I did.”

“Are you ever going to do anything like this again?” McFadden asked him.

“No,” Rodean replied.

A day earlier, McFadden sentenced Jan. 6 defendant Hunter Seefried to 24 months in prison for similarly joining the early breach of the building and engaging in the same standoff with police outside the Senate chamber.

Prosecutors had initially recommended a 57-month sentence for Rodean.

“There is no indication that he holds any regrets regarding his participation in the riot that day,” the Justice Department wrote in a sentencing recommendation filed last week.

But in his own sentencing memo, Burnham urged McFadden to consider Rodean’s mental health and a doctor’s evaluation that found prison would be uniquely dangerous for his client.

Burnham said Rodean is susceptible to being taken advantage of, easily triggered by loud noises and other stimuli and would likely be put in protective custody by corrections officials who may not have the training for someone with Asperger’s syndrome — forcing him into prolonged periods of isolation.

“We submit that Nicholas’ ‘history and personal characteristics’ make this a unique case among the hundreds of prosecutions to come out of that day,’ Burnham wrote.

---

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #463 on: October 27, 2022, 12:14:49 PM »
This moron is a career criminal with 45 prior arrests and should have gotten the maximum sentence and more.  Another example of the "very fine people" on Trump's side.  He fought the law, but the law won. 

---
Man who dragged officer into mob gets over 7 years in prison.

A Tennessee man who dragged a police officer into a mob of rioters, initiating one of the most harrowing acts of violence during the U.S. Capitol attack, was sentenced on Thursday to more than seven years years in prison.

Albuquerque Cosper Head declined to address the court before U.S. District Judge Amy Berman Jackson sentenced him to seven years and six months of imprisonment followed by three years of supervised release. The judge said Head was responsible for “some of the darkest acts committed on one of our nation’s darkest days.”

Head's prison sentence is six months shy of the statutory maximum in his case. It's also the second-longest so far among hundreds of cases arising from the Capitol siege on Jan. 6, 2021, when a mob of Trump supporters stormed the building as Congress prepared to certify President Joe Biden's electoral victory.

“The dark shadow of tyranny unfortunately has not gone away,” Jackson said. “There are people who are still disseminating the lie that the election was stolen. They’re doing it today. And the people who are stoking that anger for their own selfish purposes, they need to think about the havoc they’ve wreaked, the lives they’ve ruined.”

Head engaged in some of the most barbaric violence during the Capitol riot, repeatedly assaulting police officers who were guarding a tunnel on the Lower West Terrace, according to prosecutors.

Metropolitan Police Department Officer Michael Fanone was on the front lines of the battle for control of the tunnel entrance when Head grabbed him. Head yelled “I’ve got one!" as he wrapped his arms around Fanone's neck and dragged him into the crowd outside the tunnel, prosecutors said.

“He was your prey. He was your trophy,” Jackson told Head, 43.

Head restrained Fanone while other rioters beat and shocked the officer with a stun gun at the base of his skull. Fanone lost consciousness during the assault, which his body camera captured on video.

"Although Head was separated from Officer Fanone in the moments that followed, Head would have been able to hear the sound of the taser being activated again, Officer Fanone’s screams of agony, and the yells from another rioter to ‘Kill him with his own gun!’” prosecutors wrote in a court filing.

During Thursday's sentencing hearing, Fanone said the attack gave him a heart attack and a traumatic brain injury and ultimately cost him his career. He has written a book about his Jan. 6 experience and testified at a hearing held by the House committee investigating the insurrection.

“I would trade all of this attention to return to policing, but I can't do that,” he said. “And the catalyst for my loss of career and the suffering that I've endured in the past 18 months is Albuquerque Head.”

Other rioters have been charged with assaulting Fanone, including Kyle Young, an Iowa man who grabbed Fanone by the wrist while others yelled, “Kill him!” and “Get his gun!” Jackson sentenced Young last month to seven years and two months in prison.

Daniel “D.J.” Rodriguez, a California man charged with using the stun gun on Fanone, is scheduled to go on trial in February 2023. Thomas Sibick, a riot defendant from New York, is charged with stealing the officer's badge and police radio during the melee.

Head, a construction worker from Kingsport, Tennessee, was arrested in April 2021 and pleaded guilty to an assault charge in May 2022. He has a criminal record that includes approximately 45 previous arrests.

Prosecutors recommended a prison sentence of eight years, the statutory maximum sentence that he faced.

Fanone also asked the judge to impose the maximum sentence. He recalled how Head initially told him, “I’m going to try to help you out here. You hear me?” before shouting that he “got one.”

“I would ask you to show Mr. Head the same mercy that he showed me on January 6th, which, in case there's any question in this courtroom, is none,” Fanone said.

Head's attorney, Nicholas Wallace, requested a five-year prison sentence.

“There is no evidence that Mr. Head made advance plans with much effort or that he came to D.C. prepared for a battle. His series of bad decisions, as outlined above, while serious, is far from the worst conduct that day,” Wallace wrote.

Head told FBI agents that he drove to Washington, D.C., to attend the “Stop the Steal” rally, where then-President Donald Trump addressed a crowd of supporters. Joining the mob at the tunnel, Head wielded a riot shield as a weapon and used a second shield to shove against Fanone and other officers, according to prosecutors.

“When Officer Fanone used his hand to brace himself on the doorframe in the midst of the struggle, Head struck the officer’s hand with his own hand, causing the officer to lose his grip on the doorframe,” prosecutors wrote.

After he pulled Fanone into the crowd, Head became separated from the officer. When others in the crowd surrounded Fanone to protect him from his assailants, Head repeatedly reached toward the officer and tried to grab him again, prosecutors said. Fanone's body camera showed him collapsing after his protectors escorted him back to the police line.

Fanone's partner tried to revive him, saying, “Come on, Mike. Come on, buddy. We’re going duck hunting soon.”

Regaining consciousness after nearly two and a half minutes, Fanone asked, “Did we take that door back?”

“The courage and sacrifice that Officer Fanone showed on that day is incredible, and we owe him a debt of gratitude for what he has lost," Assistant U.S. Attorney Cara Gardner told the judge.

Approximately 900 people have been charged with federal crimes for their conduct on Jan. 6. More than 430 of them have pleaded guilty, mostly to misdemeanor offenses. Over 300 have been sentenced, with roughly half getting terms of imprisonment ranging from seven days to 10 years, according to an AP review of court records.

More than 100 police officers were injured at the Capitol. Around 20 defendants have been sentenced for assaulting police on Jan. 6, the Justice Department says.
---

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #464 on: October 27, 2022, 12:18:38 PM »
This moron is young enough to use the stupid and gullible excuse for a defense. 

---
A Citadel cadet from York County has pleaded guilty to joining the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol riot that erupted after a protest over the 2020 election results.

Elias Irizarry, 20, a graduate of Nation Ford High School in Fort Mill, pleaded guilty to entering and remaining in a restricted area or grounds, according to testimony Wednesday in a court hearing from Washington.

At the time of the Jan. 6 Capitol riot, Irizarry was in his freshman year at The Citadel, South Carolina’s military college, and about to start his second semester. Since then, he has been an honors student, evidence in the case showed.

Irizarry said in court Wednesday he is a junior in college.

Of the 19 people from South Carolina arrested so far in the Jan. 6 Capitol riot cases, Irizarry is the youngest and the only college student. Of those 19, 11 have now pleaded guilty.

In a statement of facts read Wednesday in court by the judge, Irizarry traveled to Washington with friends on Jan 5, 2021, to attend former President Donald Trump’s Jan. 6 rally at which he made false claims the 2020 presidential election was stolen and urged supporters to march on the Capitol.

In a statement Wednesday, The Citadel confirmed that school officials are aware of the guilty plea and said Irizarry remains a student. However, the school cited privacy laws when it declined to address any potential disciplinary measures that could come as a result of the guilty plea in court.

“Mr. Irizarry is currently enrolled at The Citadel,” the statement said. “The college is aware of the plea agreement; however, due to FERPA, we are unable to comment or speculate on any potential disciplinary proceedings.”

Irizarry, the son of soap opera actor Vincent Irizarry, could face as much as a year in prison when sentenced under the law, U.S. District Court Judge Judge Tanya Chutkan said in court Wednesday.

But lawyers in the case said in court Wednesday the cap agreed to by prosecutors and Irizarry as part of the negotiated plea would be zero to a maximum of six months in prison.

He will be sentenced March 15, 2023, court officials said.

At that sentencing hearing, Irizarry could make a statement, or he could choose not to, the judge said Wednesday.
Case evidence included photos taken by Irizarry

The evidence against Irizarry included photographs of him inside and outside the Capitol on Jan. 6.

Federal investigators said in documents that Irizarry took pictures inside the Capitol and had a metal pipe in his hand at the time. Irizarry was photographed on top of the Capitol.

Chutkan said in court Wednesday that Irizarry went with co-defendants Elliot Bishai and Grayson Sherrill to hear Trump’s speech that challenged his 2020 election loss to now-President Joe Biden.

Irizarry admitted that he went past barricades and through fencing outside the Capitol.

“Did you know those measures were meant to keep you out?” Chutkan asked Irizarry Wednesday in court.

“Yes, your honor,” Irizarry said in court.

Irizarry admitted he entered the Capitol through a broken window, climbed on statues, and took pictures along with others. He then left the Capitol after around 20 minutes.

In July, Bishai, a friend with whom Irizarry traveled to Washington and entered the Capitol on Jan. 6, was sentenced to two weeks in federal prison after pleading guilty to the same charge of entering a restricted area.

Bishai is also from York County.

Both were in JROTC at Nation Ford High School in younger years and were part of a Civil Air Patrol unit in North Carolina at the time of the incident.

Chutkan did not address the riot Wednesday in court.

But in a May 3 hearing on Bishai and Irizarry’s case, Chutkan told Bishai that on Jan. 6, 2021, he was part of a “mob (that) almost caused the halt of the transfer of power in this country in what’s tantamount to an attempt to overthrow this government.”

In that May hearing, the judge said Irizarry, “may not have carried a weapon, he may not have stolen anything, he may not have assaulted a police officer, but he’s alleged to have been part of that mob.”

The charges against Sherrill, a third defendant from Gaston County, North Carolina, in the case, remains pending.

In August, over Chutkan’s objections, a federal appeals court panel gave Irizarry permission to go to Estonia for a Citadel-sponsored three-week study abroad program.
---

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #465 on: October 27, 2022, 01:12:45 PM »
Still trying to justify this farce?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #466 on: October 27, 2022, 01:31:36 PM »
Still trying to justify this farce?

Don't need to.  The criminal charges and the guilty pleas justify it enough.   :D

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #467 on: October 27, 2022, 01:42:49 PM »
Don't need to.  The criminal charges and the guilty pleas justify it enough.   :D

lol….sure.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #468 on: October 27, 2022, 02:36:50 PM »
lol….sure.

"lol".  Sure.

Only an idiot would think different.   Oh wait....

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #469 on: October 27, 2022, 02:46:30 PM »
El Tardo from El Paso heading to El Jailo.  Idiot drove a long way just to wind up getting arrested.  Drain the swamp!

---
FBI arrests El Paso man accused of assaulting police during Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol riot.

The FBI on Wednesday arrested an El Paso man accused of assaulting a police officer during the U.S. Capitol attack by pro-Trump rioters on Jan. 6, 2021.

FBI agents arrested David Rene Arredondo, 47, at a home in the 1200 block of Morgan Marie Street in the far East Side, officials said Thursday. He is being held without bond at the El Paso County Jail in Downtown.

Arredondo is accused being part of a pro-Donald Trump mob that stormed into the Capitol, seeking to halt the certification of President Joe Biden's election victory.

Arredondo was charged in Washington, D.C., on felony charges of assaulting, resisting or impeding law enforcement officers and interfering with law enforcement during a civil disorder, as well as misdemeanor charges.

Arredondo is accused of illegally entering the Capitol grounds and grabbing and pulling the arm of a police officer who was attempting to stop the mob from entering the Capitol doors, according to a U.S. Department of Justice news release.

Federal investigators allegedly identified Arredondo as a man seen in video recordings during the assault at the Capitol, according to a federal criminal complaint.

The complaint document states: "In the video, DAVID ARREDONDO can be seen grabbing the arm of a police officer who was surrounded by a mob of rioters. A different police officer can be seen being pulled away by the mob and falling to the ground. DAVID ARREDONDO can be seen grabbing the arm of the other police officer who is trying to keep a door to the Capitol shut, and attempting to pull the officer away from the door in an apparent effort to facilitate the entry of other rioters into the Capitol."

The man identified as Arredondo is wearing a red Trump-style cap, sunglasses and a gaiter during the assault but his face, including a salt-and-pepper beard, is visible in another security camera image included in the document.

The U.S. Attorney's Office stated that video evidence allegedly shows that Arredondo entered the Capitol Building through the East Rotunda Doors and remained inside for nearly 40 minutes.

A multi-agency task force investigation of the Capitol attack allegedly found that Arredondo and two relatives traveled together on Southwest Airlines from El Paso to Washington on Jan. 4 and returned Jan. 8, according to the complaint. Records show they stayed at the Capitol Hill Hotel in Washington.

A search warrant found geolocation information showing that a cellphone linked to Arredondo was present at the U.S. Capitol during the time of the riot, the document adds.

A witness as well as surveillance and comparisons to photos on social media allegedly matched Arredondo with photos of the rioter who grabbed the police officer, the complaint states.

The case was investigated by the FBI in El Paso and the West Texas Joint Terrorism Task Force with help from the FBI in Washington and the U.S. Capitol Police and the Metropolitan Police Department.

Since Jan. 6, 2021, more than 880 people have been arrested in connection with the riot at the U.S. Capitol, including more than 270 suspects charged with assaulting or impeding law enforcement, the Department of Justice stated.

---

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #470 on: October 27, 2022, 03:08:29 PM »
The article I posted equates to the comment I made about it.   ::)

You also think that Hershel, Trumpy, Bachmann and Palin were "smart".   Which shows you do not know what "smart" apparently is.  As an outsider looking in, I can understand why you don't.

Tell the truth:  it has to sting that the person you call stupid (and other juvenile names) every day is actually smarter than you.   :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #471 on: October 27, 2022, 03:10:07 PM »

Nobody has been convicted of attempting to stop the transfer of power.  They have been convicted of trespass, disrupting a public proceeding, disorderly conduct, etc.  None of them have been charged with nor convicted of insurrection, much less an armed insurrection.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #472 on: October 27, 2022, 03:11:52 PM »
This moron is young enough to use the stupid and gullible excuse for a defense. 

---
A Citadel cadet from York County has pleaded guilty to joining the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol riot that erupted after a protest over the 2020 election results.

Elias Irizarry, 20, a graduate of Nation Ford High School in Fort Mill, pleaded guilty to entering and remaining in a restricted area or grounds, according to testimony Wednesday in a court hearing from Washington.

Worst insurrection ever. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #473 on: October 27, 2022, 04:11:40 PM »
Good. Now that you just shown that Trump didn’t cause any of that….

Insurrection: a violent uprising against an authority or government.

Many folks believe Trump incited the mob which literally stormed and broke into the Capital with the intent of stopping Biden's Presidential certification, which is a constitutional procedure, (in other words overturn the 2020 election results).

For instance during the rally Trump urged his supporters to ‘fight much harder’ against ‘bad people’ and ‘show strength’ at the Capitol.

Trump is quoted as having said to the supporters he invited to D.C. “We’re going to walk down to the Capitol, and we’re going to cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and women, and we’re probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them, because you’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength, and you have to be strong.”

Trump told the crowd that ‘very different rules’ applied. He said, “When you catch somebody in a fraud, you are allowed to go by very different rules. So I hope Mike has the courage to do what he has to do, and I hope he doesn’t listen to the RINOs and the stupid people that he’s listening to.”

He said during the rally, “We fight like hell, and if you don’t fight like hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore.”

As he sicced his supporters on Congress, Trump assured them that he would personally accompany them to the Capitol. This is a classic instigator tactic.

Just as it is a crime to hire a person or persons to injure or murder someone, inciting an insurrection is criminal.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #474 on: October 27, 2022, 04:18:15 PM »
Insurrection: a violent uprising against an authority or government.

Many folks believe Trump incited the mob which literally stormed and broke into the Capital with the intent of stopping Biden's Presidential certification, which is a constitutional procedure, (in other words overturn the 2020 election results).

For instance during the rally Trump urged his supporters to ‘fight much harder’ against ‘bad people’ and ‘show strength’ at the Capitol.

Trump is quoted as having said to the supporters he invited to D.C. “We’re going to walk down to the Capitol, and we’re going to cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and women, and we’re probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them, because you’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength, and you have to be strong.”

Trump told the crowd that ‘very different rules’ applied. He said, “When you catch somebody in a fraud, you are allowed to go by very different rules. So I hope Mike has the courage to do what he has to do, and I hope he doesn’t listen to the RINOs and the stupid people that he’s listening to.”

He said during the rally, “We fight like hell, and if you don’t fight like hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore.”

As he sicced his supporters on Congress, Trump assured them that he would personally accompany them to the Capitol. This is a classic instigator tactic.

Just as it is a crime to hire a person or persons to injure or murder someone, inciting an insurrection is criminal.

You selectively left this one out:

"I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard."

https://www.npr.org/2021/02/10/966396848/read-trumps-jan-6-speech-a-key-part-of-impeachment-trial