Author Topic: +1 to the Jan 6 count  (Read 84183 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: +1 to the Jan 6 count
« Reply #1175 on: April 14, 2023, 12:59:58 PM »
I see our resident retard still believes criminals don't need to face punishment or accountability for their actions.

Shouldn't you be posting a follow up to that dazzling thread about Obama moving to Africa now?

Well, Obama was thinking of running for president of Kenya, but his birth certificate was in question.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #1176 on: April 14, 2023, 01:37:56 PM »

Well, Obama was thinking of running for president of Kenya, but his birth certificate was in question.

HA!!!

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #1177 on: April 14, 2023, 02:11:07 PM »
7 years..... Whoopie!  Another one checks into the MAGA Hotel.

---
Jan. 6 defendant who crushed an officer with a shield is sentenced to over 7 years in prison

A man who crushed D.C. Metropolitan Police Officer Daniel Hodges with a police shield on Jan. 6 was sentenced to seven-and-a-half years in federal prison on Friday.

Patrick McCaughey III, who was dubbed #ThePinman by online sleuths, was present during some of the worst violence inside the lower west tunnel, the spot where presidents emerge during inauguration ceremonies. McCaughey was sentenced by Judge Trevor McFadden, a Donald Trump appointee who previously delivered the only full acquittal for a Jan. 6 defendant to date and has imposed more lenient sentences than other judges in the Capitol riot cases.

Federal prosecutors sought a sentence of more than 15 years — 188 months — in federal prison, which would have broken the record for the longest sentence in a Jan. 6 case: the 10-year sentence given to former New York City Police Department officer Thomas Webster.

McCaughey faced a bench trial before Judge McFadden alongside David Mehaffie of Ohio and Tristan Stevens of Florida. McCaughey was convicted on every count in September, was ordered detained after the verdict and has been in custody ever since. Mehaffie was sentenced to 14 months in federal prison, while Stevens was sentenced to five years at a hearing in which he rattled off a number of conspiracy theories.

McCaughey's legal team said that his actions were "motivated by a misunderstanding as to the facts surrounding the 2020 election" and that he "knew next to nothing about the 2020 election and listened to sources of information that were clearly false."

Prosecutors argued that a lengthy sentence was justified by McCaughey's violent actions on Jan. 6. They noted that McCaughey urged police to "go home" before scaling the scaffolding that had been set up for Joe Biden's inauguration. He then took a selfie photo that he sent to friends back home in Connecticut, before joining the mob in the tunnel and using the stolen police shield against Hodges.

Hodges, who has spoken out about being attacked during the Capitol riot, including before the Jan. 6 Committee, read a statement at Friday's sentencing.

“At a time when we are struggling to field enough police to maintain public safety, Mr. McCaughey took part in an assault that removed 50 officers from duty,” Hodges said, according to the statement. “That’s 50 officers that no longer have my back when I’m on a call, 50 officers that can no longer protect the city, and 50 officers that won’t be there the next time a would-be dictator decides to try his luck against these United States.”

Hodges previously testified at trial about being crushed by the police shield.

"As there are so many people pushing forward on that one object, a hard object, unyielding, pushing into you, doing what it’s designed to do, is repel a body, but being used on the police," Hodges testified. "It’s much greater. It’s inflexible. There’s no good way to fight back against it, really. It just -- you have to endure the pressure that it creates."

McCaughey, prosecutors argued, showed "an absolute disregard for the rule of law coupled with a willingness to incite and engage in violence." A lengthy sentence was also needed to "deter others from not only committing the crime but taking the stand and engaging in dishonesty."

In a letter to the court, McCaughey’s sister wrote that her brother has been radicalized because of their father, who only played two TV channels in their home: “Fox News and Turner Classic Movies.” Things “would get ugly” if you disagreed with the elder McCaughey, she wrote, writing that her father attempted “to convert everyone around him to the glory that was Donald Trump to him.” McCaughey’s sister noted that her brother’s “entire livelihood depended on having a good relationship with my father.”

Fox News, which has come up in several cases against Jan. 6 defendants, was sued by the voting machine company Dominion over its coverage of false claims about the company, and the case is currently headed to trial. Discovery in the case has revealed that many Fox News personalities knew at the time that Trump’s claims about voter fraud were bogus.

“I believe my father’s dedication to ignoring all issues that did not interest him, and his tendency to cut out those who disagreed with him forced my brother to adapt to his interests once again and therefore, radicalize himself too. I firmly believe that my brother would not have gone so far to the extreme without his need to cultivate a positive relationship with my father, and that he would not have been anywhere near the Capitol building on January 6, 2021 without my father’s fervor about a ‘stolen election,’” Maria McCaughey wrote.

“My little brother is an even keeled, intelligent, and odd person, but he is also just a kid who wants his dad to not only love him, but to like him, and he would do anything to make that happen," she added.

McCaughey’s grandmother wrote that he told her “that he was a DUMMY to have been present on January 6th in Washington,” while his mother noted that McCaughey’s father was “a fervent Trump supporter and ‘anti-masker’.”

“His father was quite clear about his expectations that Patrick needed to conform to his wishes and Patrick also started to believe that the election was ‘stolen,’ that Trump was the solution for all woes of this country, and that all ‘patriots’ needed to show their support. My son would have not driven alone to the rally on January 6th,” his mother wrote.

About 1,000 Jan. 6 rioters have been arrested by the FBI in the more than two years since the Capitol attack. Online sleuths have identified hundreds of additional rioters, including more than 100 who are currently featured on the FBI's Capitol Violence website. Authorities have indicated that roughly 1,000 additional cases could be brought forward before the statute of limitations expires in early 2026.

Earlier this week, a judge sentenced Logan Barnhart — a rioter who dragged a police officer down the steps of the Capitol on Jan. 6 — to three years in federal prison, while Robert Sanford — who assaulted officers with a fire extinguisher — received four years. Josiah Kenyon, who also assaulted law enforcement officers in the tunnel, was sentenced to six years.
---

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=Jan.+6+defendant+who+crushed+an+officer+with+a+shield+is+sentenced+to+over+7+years+in+prison

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #1178 on: April 18, 2023, 04:23:34 PM »
This idiot probably couldn't zip tie his own shoes.

---
A federal court Tuesday handed down guilty verdicts for the Nashville man best known as “zip-tie guy” and his mother for the pair’s role in the Jan. 6, 2021, riot at the U.S. Capitol.

Eric Munchel, who infamously brandished zip ties as he walked the inside of the Capitol during the riot, and his mother Lisa Eisenhart, of Woodstock, Georgia, were found guilty on all charges in a D.C. District Court Tuesday.

The pair are scheduled to be sentenced on Sept. 8.

Originally charged mainly with trespassing charges, the charges against Munchel and Eisenhart expanded in October to include obstruction, conspiracy, disorderly conduct and unauthorized entry. Munchel was found guilty of additional charges for carrying a deadly or dangerous weapon on Capitol grounds because he was armed with a Taser, court records say.

---

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1179 on: April 18, 2023, 05:48:48 PM »
🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣🤣😂🤣😂🤣

You really are Joking aren't you. ??

No, I was not joking. But my choice of words was off. Wise would have been better. Wise as in, experience, knowledge, and good judgment; the quality of being wise. Now that I think about it even wise people commit crimes, but it is likely they are social misfits or outright nut-jobs.

Smart or intelligent people do commit crimes. Some criminals escape getting caught either out of sheer luck or because they can outsmart the law... at least for a while. 

Here are some examples of folks credited with being intelligent and yet ended up getting caught; Ted Kaczynski - the Unabomber, Frank 'catch me if you can' Abagnale. Andrew Cunanan, serial killer who was not caught, became his own executioner when he committed suicide. Speaking of Cunanan, he was known as a habitual liar, who exaggerated his accomplishments and created a false background for himself. Does this behavior resemble anyone in the news lately? George Santos perhaps?

Another notorious serial killer is Ted Bundy who had an I.Q. of 136. Maybe there is a connection between high intelligence and psychopathic behavior. However, there are plenty of dumb (not smart) psychopaths.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #1180 on: April 18, 2023, 10:04:00 PM »
No, I was not joking. But my choice of words was off. Wise would have been better. Wise as in, experience, knowledge, and good judgment; the quality of being wise. Now that I think about it even wise people commit crimes, but it is likely they are social misfits or outright nut-jobs.

Smart or intelligent people do commit crimes. Some criminals escape getting caught either out of sheer luck or because they can outsmart the law... at least for a while. 

Here are some examples of folks credited with being intelligent and yet ended up getting caught; Ted Kaczynski - the Unabomber, Frank 'catch me if you can' Abagnale. Andrew Cunanan, serial killer who was not caught, became his own executioner when he committed suicide. Speaking of Cunanan, he was known as a habitual liar, who exaggerated his accomplishments and created a false background for himself. Does this behavior resemble anyone in the news lately? George Santos perhaps?

Another notorious serial killer is Ted Bundy who had an I.Q. of 136. Maybe there is a connection between high intelligence and psychopathic behavior. However, there are plenty of dumb (not smart) psychopaths.

You've just completely owned your own original statement.

Fact is All sorts of people commit crime . End of.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #1181 on: April 19, 2023, 06:37:18 AM »
Your use of the English language is definitely a crime.  I guess in hind sight all those English and Grammar teachers you killed in your "many" body count was not a good idea.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #1182 on: April 19, 2023, 03:15:17 PM »
Your use of the English language is definitely a crime.  I guess in hind sight all those English and Grammar teachers you killed in your "many" body count was not a good idea.

“Hindsight” is one word.  First rule of ridiculing someone’s grammar is to ensure yours is correct.   :)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1183 on: April 19, 2023, 03:49:58 PM »

You've just completely owned your own original statement.

Fact is All sorts of people commit crime . End of.

Your point? I believe I admitted that I used the wrong word when I wrote smart.

My original statement and word choice harked back to what my stepdad told me about getting into fights, which was, "Smart people don't get into fights." This philosophically translates to, if you are smart, you won't commit a crime. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #1184 on: April 19, 2023, 05:26:50 PM »
“Hindsight” is one word.  First rule of ridiculing someone’s grammar is to ensure yours is correct.   :)

Then you write Apple and ask them to correct their auto correct.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #1185 on: April 20, 2023, 05:37:30 AM »

I bet they were using the zip ties on each other the night before.

Fox news (hahaha) said it was just a tour (hahaha) they wouldn't lie would they (hahaha)

---
Georgia woman, son who took zip ties into Senate convicted in Jan. 6 Capitol riot

A Tennessee man and his mother were convicted on Tuesday of charges that they stormed the Capitol, where they brought plastic zip-tie handcuffs into the Senate gallery as a mob attacked the building, court records show.

U.S. District Judge Royce Lamberth convicted Eric Munchel and his mother, Lisa Eisenhart, on all 10 counts in their indictment, including a charge that they conspired to obstruct Congress from certifying President Joe Biden’s 2020 electoral victory on Jan. 6, 2021. The judge is scheduled to sentence both of them Sept. 8.
---

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #1186 on: April 20, 2023, 05:51:59 PM »
What an idiot.  Going bye bye for sure now.
He's lucky to still be breathing and turned into swiss cheese.

---
Texas man accused of Capitol riot crime faces new charges after shooting at cops, feds say

A Texas man accused of taking part in the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol riot is now facing a federal firearms charge after prosecutors said he fired several shots toward law enforcement days before his first court appearance, according to a news release.

Nathan Donald Pelham, 40, of Greenville, shot at Hunt County Sheriff’s Department officers April 12 when they arrived at his home to do a welfare check, according to the news release from the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of Texas. The shooting happened days before he was scheduled for his first court appearance for charges relating to the U.S. Capitol riot.

Pelham is facing four misdemeanor charges for the part he is accused of playing in the breach of the Capitol Building in Washington, D.C.

Authorities said Pelham’s family called the sheriff’s office for a welfare check, telling dispatchers he had a gun. When officers arrived, they found the house was dark. After officers turned on their emergency lights, Pelham’s juvenile daughter exited the home, according to the news release. Officers then heard gunshots from the house and took cover.

About an hour later, Pelham walked onto the porch and fired toward officers, according to the news release. Sheriff’s deputies told him to put the gun down, but Pelham continued to wave it around until he went back into the home. Another hour later, Pelham came out of the house again and fired multiple rounds, authorities said.

No injuries were reported.

A later search of Pelham’s home turned up a 9 millimeter Smith & Wesson handgun and four boxes of ammunition, as well as bullet holes in the walls.

Pelham, who is a convicted felon and therefore is not legally allowed to own firearms, was charged via criminal complaint, according to federal prosecutors. He made his first court appearance on the gun charges Thursday. If convicted of the gun charges, Pelham could spend up to 15 years in prison on top of a potential sentence of three years on the misdemeanor charges related to the Capitol Building breach.
---

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #1187 on: April 20, 2023, 05:55:56 PM »
But there were no weapons.  No one was armed.   ::)
MAGA - one conviction at a time.  Maybe if he donated money to Trumpy, then he would mention him in his nightly thought and prayers. 

---
Capitol rioter armed with gun on Jan. 6 is found guilty on all charges

A Jan. 6 rioter who admitted he was armed with a concealed gun during the attack on the U.S. Capitol was found guilty Wednesday of all nine charges he faced.

Christopher Alberts, of Maryland, was arrested with a weapon on the night of Jan. 6, 2021, after having spent several hours on the Capitol grounds. He was wearing a gas mask and a protective vest and had a backpack containing ready-to-eat meals and other materials, including bungee cords.

After the verdict was read, Justice Department prosecutors sought to take Alberts into custody and keep him detained until his sentencing, which is scheduled for July 19. But U.S. District Judge Christopher Cooper said he would allow Alberts to remain on pretrial release until then.

Alberts assured Cooper after his conviction that he would show up for his sentencing date.

In his testimony, Alberts said that “instinct took over” when he used a wooden pallet to “build a wall” between police and the rioters. He maintained that police used excessive force after thousands of Trump supporters entered the restricted grounds of the Capitol and began climbing the platform that had been set up for Joe Biden's inauguration.

“Somebody had to put a stop to it,” Alberts said. “It was wrong.”

Before he charged the police line, evidence showed Alberts assisted in keeping a pathway clear so that authorities could get another Jan. 6 rioter who needed medical assistance to safety.

Alberts maintained the crowd was “completely peaceful" and said there were “a couple thousand patriots on the lawn.” He said he “feared that he was about to be shot” when an officer placed a hand on their weapon.

On cross-examination, Alberts admitted that he called police "domestic terrorists," yelled "y'all wanted war, you asked for it, you got it," and threw a water bottle at police officers' feet.
---

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=Capitol+rioter+armed+with+gun+on+Jan.+6+is+found+guilty+on+all+charges

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1188 on: April 21, 2023, 03:45:27 AM »
Your point? I believe I admitted that I used the wrong word when I wrote smart.

My original statement and word choice harked back to what my stepdad told me about getting into fights, which was, "Smart people don't get into fights." This philosophically translates to, if you are smart, you won't commit a crime.

My Point was clearly made .

Yet again we all know that smart folk are always commiting crimes.
Its got nothing to do with being smart or stupid its if they believe they can get away without being caught
or its impulse / spur of the moment crime.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1189 on: April 22, 2023, 07:14:07 PM »
My Point was clearly made .

Yet again we all know that smart folk are always commiting crimes.
Its got nothing to do with being smart or stupid its if they believe they can get away without being caught
or its impulse / spur of the moment crime.

It is safe to say most criminals are gamblers. According to the latest data from the FBI, if you murder someone in America, there's a nearly 40% chance you'll get away with it. If you severely assault someone, there's a 50% chance. And if you commit any other crime, there's a good chance you'll get away with that, too.

The odds of being wrongfully convicted of a crime are about 5%. People who do not commit crimes have considerably better odds of staying out of jail than criminals. In my mind this suggests it is smarter or wiser to avoid committing a crime. Conversely, committing a crime is a dumb thing to do.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1190 on: April 23, 2023, 11:32:49 AM »
It is safe to say most criminals are gamblers. According to the latest data from the FBI, if you murder someone in America, there's a nearly 40% chance you'll get away with it. If you severely assault someone, there's a 50% chance. And if you commit any other crime, there's a good chance you'll get away with that, too.

The odds of being wrongfully convicted of a crime are about 5%. People who do not commit crimes have considerably better odds of staying out of jail than criminals. In my mind this suggests it is smarter or wiser to avoid committing a crime. Conversely, committing a crime is a dumb thing to do.

"Conversely, committing a crime is a dumb thing to do".

Try telling that to all the multi millionaire politicians & the many others in
positions of authority / influence - Many would disagree with you.

Never make the Mistake of Thinking others think as you do.
Different lives & circumstances dictate different actions.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #1191 on: April 23, 2023, 12:47:49 PM »

Smart people don't commit crimes--Prime 2023
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1192 on: April 23, 2023, 01:26:34 PM »

Do you think it would be prudent for someone to check with Donald Trump for a wise opinion and some advice about the profitability of white color crimes plus getting away with the occasional violent crime such as rape and insurrection?

What is your opinion on Trump's success at getting away with criminal activity? Do you believe his luck will hold out until his eventual passing which could be a long time from now since his dad lived to be 94 and his mom to age 88?

Do you think it would be prudent to check with Donald Trump for a solid opinion and advice about the profitability of white color crimes and getting away with the occasional violent crime such as being rapist and insurrectionist?

What is your opinion on Trump's success at getting away with criminal activity? Do you believe his luck will hold out until his eventual and eminent passing?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1193 on: April 23, 2023, 01:28:03 PM »
Smart people don't commit crimes--Prime 2023

Does this define you as a smart or a dumb person?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #1194 on: April 23, 2023, 05:18:06 PM »
Does this define you as a smart or a dumb person?
Well, I don't have a police record so I must be pretty smart according to your standard.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1195 on: April 23, 2023, 05:25:56 PM »

Do you think it would be prudent for someone to check with Donald Trump for a wise opinion and some advice about the profitability of white color crimes plus getting away with the occasional violent crime such as rape and insurrection?

What is your opinion on Trump's success at getting away with criminal activity? Do you believe his luck will hold out until his eventual passing which could be a long time from now since his dad lived to be 94 and his mom to age 88?

Do you think it would be prudent to check with Donald Trump for a solid opinion and advice about the profitability of white color crimes and getting away with the occasional violent crime such as being rapist and insurrectionist?

What is your opinion on Trump's success at getting away with criminal activity? Do you believe his luck will hold out until his eventual and eminent passing?

What is your Obssesion  with Donald ??
Why do you feel the overwhelming need to name just him ??

Why not / O'bumer / Biden / Clinton's / Pelosi just to name a few others.

Take a step back & look at your total obsession with Donald,  FFS - Really.
As you would've noticed I didn't name any particular individual as there are
So many to choose from.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #1196 on: April 24, 2023, 09:08:59 AM »

So many to choose from.

What's your obsession with US politics?  You can't vote.  Will never be a citizen, just a fake one that was exposed, and never have a voice in our democracy.  Yet you can't stop talking about it.  Maybe pay more attention to the politics in your own shitty country instead.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1197 on: April 24, 2023, 01:34:44 PM »

So many to choose from.

What obsession? I simply do not like him. This isn't something new. I never liked him... long before he became a hack politician. He has never been someone I would want to socialize with. I have no respect for him. He may be rich (or not) but IMO he is also very crass and low-class among his many other personality faults.

Obama is extremely likeable. I met and spoke with him many years ago during one of his multiple visits to the Rose City at a rally at the Convention Center. I have ochlophobia. As you might imagine on this day the Portland Convention Center was packed with thousands of people and yet I somehow muscled my way up to the front just as he stepped off the platform and milled through the audience speaking to folks directly and shaking our hands.

Both Hillary and Bill Clinton have mostly been personable IMO, Bill more so than Hillary despite that he seems a bit of a scoundrel... yet a likeable one. Today, he seems diminished compared to how he was in his heyday. My guess is he deferred to Hillary somewhere along the way. I respect both of them in that they stayed married through all the turmoil their marriage has undoubtably been through.

-Never met Pelosi. I admire her professionalism and intelligence. My guess is she is not the 'nicest' person on the planet. However, historically women in politics must be somewhat tough to get anywhere in what has been a man’s game.

We all have our likes and dislikes which are no doubt based on our interactions with others and our lifetime of experiences.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1198 on: April 24, 2023, 01:45:32 PM »
What obsession? I simply do not like him. This isn't something new. I never liked him... long before he became a hack politician. He has never been someone I would want to socialize with. I have no respect for him. He may be rich (or not) but IMO he is also very crass and low-class among his many other personality faults.

Obama is extremely likeable. I met and spoke with him many years ago during one of his multiple visits to the Rose City at a rally at the Convention Center. I have ochlophobia. As you might imagine on this day the Portland Convention Center was packed with thousands of people and yet I somehow muscled my way up to the front just as he stepped off the platform and milled through the audience speaking to folks directly and shaking our hands.

Both Hillary and Bill Clinton have mostly been personable IMO, Bill more so than Hillary despite that he seems a bit of a scoundrel... yet a likeable one. Today, he seems diminished compared to how he was in his heyday. My guess is he deferred to Hillary somewhere along the way. I respect both of them in that they stayed married through all the turmoil their marriage has undoubtably been through.

-Never met Pelosi. I admire her professionalism and intelligence. My guess is she is not the 'nicest' person on the planet. However, historically women in politics must be somewhat tough to get anywhere in what has been a man’s game.

We all have our likes and dislikes which are no doubt based on our interactions with others and our lifetime of experiences.

🤔 Hmmmmm so you claim not to have an obsession about Donald.
Yet out of Nowhere he's the 1st person you referenced .
Seems Plausible.

As for the rest of whatever you wrote, Nope I didn't read it.

Hey there's quite a few folk I dislike intensely.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1199 on: April 24, 2023, 02:11:11 PM »

🤔 Hmmmmm so you claim not to have an obsession about Donald.
Yet out of Nowhere he's the 1st person you referenced .
Seems Plausible.

As for the rest of whatever you wrote, Nope I didn't read it.

Hey there's quite a few folk I dislike intensely.

He was the first person you mentioned. Of all the folks mentioned, my supposed 'obsession" with Trump was your primary focus, IMO.

The thing is none of these people have much impact on my life. If I were to be obsessed with someone, they'd have to affect me personally. I am not nor have I ever been a celebrity hound. All these folks are not that different from the rest of us when it comes right down to it. They just have a level of fame or notoriety which most of us don't... thank goodness. I like being somewhat under the radar.

You and I are somewhat opposite in that I like almost everyone… even the folks I sometimes disagree with, like you.

It is easy to either like or not like celebrities including those who are also politicians because they mean almost nothing to me. They have no effect on my life.