Author Topic: Books and booze  (Read 712918 times)

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Trump is a tough S.O.B." - Teamsters President
Re: Books and booze
« Reply #2600 on: May 21, 2024, 04:44:25 PM »
Evan Williams Black & water with ice yesterday.

Your local Walmart owned liquor store sells it so you know it's good.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #2601 on: May 28, 2024, 09:02:17 AM »
Had some Angels Envy at a Memorial day party. A little weak for my taste but I gave it as a gift and I knew it would be opened and served to the unwashed masses and I didn't want some rookies getting all sloppy because they weren't use to a stronger proof.

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #2602 on: May 28, 2024, 09:26:53 AM »
I quit drinking 5 years ago now, but for books, I got 3 I need to read. I only read at the beach on weekends though.

I got that "Three Muscleteers" book (Ed Connors).
I have Big Z's book (Finally its in English) "Born to be Strong", and I have to finish the Dorian Yates book (From the Shadow)...
I do enjoy Heineken 0.0 though  :)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #2603 on: June 12, 2024, 05:28:30 AM »
I'm calling BS on that too.

We won a tourney at 14 under. It was actually 12 under but everyone got 1 mulligan and we used it to make two extra putts.
Funny thing was we finished on a par three and I hit it to about 12 feet and we still had 2 mulligans left and we couldn't make it with 6 tries.
I took it easy on the booze because we were playing so well and I didn't want to mess up my game by being buzzed up.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #2604 on: June 12, 2024, 06:44:46 AM »
We won a tourney at 14 under. It was actually 12 under but everyone got 1 mulligan and we used it to make two extra putts.
Funny thing was we finished on a par three and I hit it to about 12 feet and we still had 2 mulligans left and we couldn't make it with 6 tries.
I took it easy on the booze because we were playing so well and I didn't want to mess up my game by being buzzed up.

That is the worst part of scramble = the 8-12 footers that nobody makes.

I like to go first and show the line.
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #2605 on: June 15, 2024, 06:38:56 AM »
Few Rye-tasty!

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #2606 on: June 18, 2024, 06:36:47 AM »
8 under yesterday. Started great but towards the end of the round all we could do was make pars.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #2607 on: June 18, 2024, 09:59:09 AM »
8 under yesterday. Started great but towards the end of the round all we could do was make pars.

Decent enough score though.

I have decided late summer I will be making my golf comeback.  Going to get real lessons, and there's a place around here that focuses on some cool shit.
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #2608 on: June 20, 2024, 05:14:16 AM »
Decent enough score though.

I have decided late summer I will be making my golf comeback.  Going to get real lessons, and there's a place around here that focuses on some cool shit.

Make sure it's from someone who works with your swing and not someone who wants you to completely change everything.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #2609 on: June 20, 2024, 06:09:55 AM »

Make sure it's from someone who works with your swing and not someone who wants you to completely change everything.

Last lesson I took it was literally a quarter turn of my low and and moving my shoulder a tad.

However, I've gotten less flexible in my hip area so I think that's my issue of late
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #2610 on: June 21, 2024, 04:39:59 AM »
Last lesson I took it was literally a quarter turn of my low and and moving my shoulder a tad.

However, I've gotten less flexible in my hip area so I think that's my issue of late

Swing harder,it makes you have to stretch your hips.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #2611 on: June 21, 2024, 09:53:35 AM »
Swing harder,it makes you have to stretch your hips.

This is actually probably the answer.

When I used to play often, I had the confidence.  As the amount of rounds dwindled, I'd focus on just being short and controlled.   I have lost distance considerably.  I need to let it rip again.
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #2612 on: June 26, 2024, 03:29:22 PM »
I played Bally's Ferry Point on Sunday. played from the blue T's which were over 6800 yards. I was really solid from tee to green but my short game was atrocious. I actually putted off the green on one whole. chipped short over over a couple of times and three putted all day.

...It was hot so I didn't hit any shots on the range and spent my time instead practicing chipping and putting :-\