Author Topic: MONSTER TRICEPS! Ask JROD (Nattie BB CHAMP) Q & A  (Read 343171 times)

Cold

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Hey Adonis, Is This Guy On Drugs? MONSTER TRICEPS!
« Reply #150 on: October 16, 2006, 03:47:15 AM »
JROD,
First of all, mad props I know u put a lot of blood and sweat into achieving that kind of condition. I'm aware everybody's body responds differently but I, and a long wid many other members on this board, are curious what you do with your diet and cardio. How many grams of carbs, cut off time, how much cardio, type of cardio and intensity. Hook us up with some of the information bro. What do you think about cutting off all carbs and using high amount EFA as last resort to get the last couple lbs off? I have no trouble gettin down to 7, 8% but then I get stuck there no matter what I do.

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #151 on: October 16, 2006, 09:17:50 AM »
I am gaining muscle and strength and losing fat simultaneously.

Muscle is a function of pressure to adapt to environment and the amount of fat one carries is determined by the presence of fuel surplus.  The two things are not directly related.  Lift harder and heavier and eat less.  Nothing could be simpler.

what I find odd about this post is the question was a direct response to a post about TA, yet SS answers with a post that could easily be mistaken for a TA response, ton and content are almost excactly the same.  Makes me wonder if SS is a gimick account for TA...go back and read the posts leading up to it, the question was directed at TA.  If I'm wrong, I'm wrong and I'm sorry it just looks a little wierd to me.
nasser=piece of shit

mwbbuilder

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #152 on: October 16, 2006, 10:34:50 AM »
copied from the link jrod provided.

5 galls of water? this fucker has to sleep with a hose attached to his pecker avoid the 10 pee trips

"Jeff Rodriguez, middleweight sensation at the 2006 NPC Team Universe discusses his water intake with Ruth Silverman. Check out the video http://www.graphicmuscle.com

WATER INTAKE
Here was my strategy for my daily water intake leading up to the team universe. I made drinking large amounts of water easier by adding Crystal Light to my water.

8 Weeks out – 3 weeks out: at least 3 gallons of water per day
2 Weeks out -8 days out: at least 3.5 gallons of water per day
7 days out – 3 days out: at least 5 gallons of water per day
2 days out: 2.5 gallons of water
1 day out: 1-1.25 gallons of water
Show days: 1 gallon of water
(Since the show was at night I had about 50 ounces before prejudging and 80 ounces after)"

His water, sodium, postasium contest strategies are EXACTLY the same as Skip La Cour's. He must be a student of Skip's No wonder he's so dry.

Anyone know?

mwbbuilder

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #153 on: October 16, 2006, 10:44:41 AM »
He follows La Cour's strategies. That's a step by step duplication from his Training Journal.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #154 on: October 16, 2006, 11:41:54 AM »
what I find odd about this post is the question was a direct response to a post about TA, yet SS answers with a post that could easily be mistaken for a TA response, ton and content are almost excactly the same.  Makes me wonder if SS is a gimick account for TA...go back and read the posts leading up to it, the question was directed at TA.  If I'm wrong, I'm wrong and I'm sorry it just looks a little wierd to me.

No I'm my own man...If you really care about it that much, go back and look at my old posts.  You will see that I was advocating calorie reduction as a means to weightloss well before Adonis jumped on the bandwagon.

Now go back to thinking up tragic excuses for your pot belly.

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #155 on: October 16, 2006, 06:11:53 PM »
He follows La Cour's strategies. That's a step by step duplication from his Training Journal.

This is true.  I have based a lot of my training/dieting philosophies around Skip La Cour's.
Ever since I started bodybuilding I have always looked up to Skip and Jeff Willet. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #156 on: October 17, 2006, 07:52:51 AM »
No I'm my own man...If you really care about it that much, go back and look at my old posts.  You will see that I was advocating calorie reduction as a means to weightloss well before Adonis jumped on the bandwagon.

ROFLMAO.

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: October 17, 2006, 01:46:21 PM »

what pot belly?  You must be thinking of someone else.  Maybe one day we can meet up and we'll talk about my tragic excuses..who knows it might turn out tragic for you.
nasser=piece of shit

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #158 on: October 17, 2006, 03:26:09 PM »
what pot belly?  You must be thinking of someone else.  Maybe one day we can meet up and we'll talk about my tragic excuses..who knows it might turn out tragic for you.

Yes my life would have to be very tragic indeed to arrange a "net meet" with you.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #159 on: October 18, 2006, 08:30:27 AM »
hahahaha, another message board badass. ::)
Jaejonna rows 125!!

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: October 18, 2006, 03:33:41 PM »
hahahaha, another message board badass. ::)

this from a guy who "owns" 80 year olds and 13 year olds....oh, wait....you're only 14.  Go clean your room before your mom grounds your skinny ass. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
nasser=piece of shit

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #161 on: November 29, 2006, 09:25:13 AM »
My next pictures that I post of my physique will be that lean and leaner.

Very impressive!
do you kiss the mirror when you look into it.  No harm intended, you amuse me very much, I love reading your posts about how you love yourself so much, very amusing.  You crack me and tonya up.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: November 29, 2006, 02:42:33 PM »
JROD,

YOU LOOK AMAZING, BETTER THAN I DO!

I am going to duplicate your conditioning using my methodology of NO CARDIO and Eating Doughnuts and Cookies.

I've been doing no cardio and eating doughnuts and cookies for years. Why the hell am I such a fatass?  ???

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #163 on: December 01, 2006, 05:50:04 PM »
JROD,

CAN YOU POST YOUR MEASUREMENTS???

Here's what i know: 5'9", today: 200lbs, show day: 176-178 lbs.  As for measurements, I usually never take any.  I stopped taking measurements (other than weight) about 3 years ago for some of the following reasons: i lost my tape measurer; I dont make significantly noticeable changes in a short amount of time; I only get entertainment value from it; it only makes me wish measurements were larger (eg, "wow X inches isnt very big, i wish my arms were bigger").

I'd like to give you a better response, so here are my guesses:
Arms: 16.5-17.5 inches; calves: same as arms or a bit smaller; legs: 23-25 inches; waist: i wear size Medium underwear so 30-32 inches; chest: this one is tough, i really have no idea, maybe 47-50 inches???

younggunz

• Getbig II
« Reply #164 on: December 01, 2006, 08:20:23 PM »
great work bro it shows u dont have to be huge to look awesome

Tier

• Getbig III
  • Lift light with sloppy form
« Reply #165 on: December 02, 2006, 11:06:04 AM »
I was about to ask the same thing , Jrod ive been inspired to start a new 12 week plan to go the next level (jrod level of conditioning)

Would much appreciate a rundown of supplements,training,diet/calories etc,cardio,years to attain that look, etc

even if its brief itd be interesting to see

thanks and keep the good work been a unatural looking natural  :o

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #166 on: December 03, 2006, 01:06:26 PM »
I was about to ask the same thing , Jrod ive been inspired to start a new 12 week plan to go the next level (jrod level of conditioning)

Would much appreciate a rundown of supplements,training,diet/calories etc,cardio,years to attain that look, etc

even if its brief itd be interesting to see

thanks and keep the good work been a unatural looking natural  :o

These are the supplements I took while dieting and take now that its offseason:
creatine, glutamine, whey protein powder, dextrose, caffeine (i get this from either coffee or an energy supplement.  I take caffeine for energy purposes, not so much for losing fat).

Here's what my basic diet was like getting ready for the Team Universe:

Meal#1 - Breakfast:  Rice cakes or cream of wheat and Protein powder or egg whites.
(i workout 1.5-2 hours after breakfast)
pre workout shake(while warming up): dextrose and protein powder (with creatine and glutamine)
post workout shake (immediately after training): dextrose and protein powder (with creatine and glutamine)
25 min post workout: dextrose and protein powder
Meal#2 - 1 hour post workout: rice cakes and egg whites
Meal#3 - 2.5 hours post workout: rice cakes and egg whites
Meals#4-7-every 2 hours after meal3:  oatmeal or brocolli and protein powder or egg whites (or canned tuna a once in a while).

The difference in my diet in week 8, 7, 5, 3, or whatever, was the amount of calories.  I did not eat anything different, just less as the weeks went by.  In reducing calories, i started by reducing from out to in (meaning i reduced calories near workout time last, starting by reducing calories from my later meals, then breakfast, then post workout meals, then post workout shakes very little).

Tier

• Getbig III
« Reply #167 on: December 03, 2006, 03:39:28 PM »
ok thankyou for that much appreciated  :)

i could ask about a million other q's but i get the jist of how you went about getting that lean.

Tier

• Getbig III
« Reply #168 on: December 03, 2006, 11:33:34 PM »
wait a sec , what about fat in your diet? did u supplement with any etc

and if you have time care to share your training routine with cardio.  ;D

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #169 on: December 04, 2006, 04:11:39 AM »
No drugs.

They are natural.
Yes! They are naturally on Insulin and winstrol and probably primobolan!
S

Tier

• Getbig III
« Reply #170 on: December 04, 2006, 08:22:23 PM »
Don't doubt him till you try to get that lean.  Im going to give it a go anyhow.

Flex 215

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #171 on: December 04, 2006, 10:09:57 PM »
These are the supplements I took while dieting and take now that its offseason:
creatine, glutamine, whey protein powder, dextrose, caffeine (i get this from either coffee or an energy supplement.  I take caffeine for energy purposes, not so much for losing fat).

Here's what my basic diet was like getting ready for the Team Universe:

Meal#1 - Breakfast:  Rice cakes or cream of wheat and Protein powder or egg whites.
(i workout 1.5-2 hours after breakfast)
pre workout shake(while warming up): dextrose and protein powder (with creatine and glutamine)
post workout shake (immediately after training): dextrose and protein powder (with creatine and glutamine)
25 min post workout: dextrose and protein powder
Meal#2 - 1 hour post workout: rice cakes and egg whites
Meal#3 - 2.5 hours post workout: rice cakes and egg whites
Meals#4-7-every 2 hours after meal3:  oatmeal or brocolli and protein powder or egg whites (or canned tuna a once in a while).

The difference in my diet in week 8, 7, 5, 3, or whatever, was the amount of calories.  I did not eat anything different, just less as the weeks went by.  In reducing calories, i started by reducing from out to in (meaning i reduced calories near workout time last, starting by reducing calories from my later meals, then breakfast, then post workout meals, then post workout shakes very little).

First, thanks for sharing your meal plan. Now a couple of questions.

1   How long before your workout would you take your energy supplement or coffee, 60 to 30 mins?  Do you feel it needs to not     be at the same time as your creatine?

2   Are all three shakes the same amount of protein and dextrose?  I would think the pre-workout one would be a little smaller.

I take only about 7.5 grams of BCAA's and no carbs pre-workout, with glutamine and creatine, when I am taking creatine.
    And then have a whey and dextrose shake with creatine and glutamine after.

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #172 on: December 05, 2006, 09:15:45 AM »
wait a sec , what about fat in your diet? did u supplement with any etc

and if you have time care to share your training routine with cardio.  ;D

Right now, offseason, i add fat in the form of olive oil (not too much, about 1/4-1/3 tbsp).  However, my pre contest diet does not include any addition of fat.  The only fat i get pre contest is from whatever is in the foods i eat.  This is where i reduce a lot of calories--from fat--since the foods i eat pre-contest are low in fat.

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #173 on: December 05, 2006, 09:25:42 AM »
          First, thanks for sharing your meal plan. Now a couple of questions.

1   How long before your workout would you take your energy supplement or coffee, 60 to 30 mins?  Do you feel it needs to not     be at the same time as your creatine?

2   Are all three shakes the same amount of protein and dextrose?  I would think the pre-workout one would be a little smaller.

I take only about 7.5 grams of BCAA's and no carbs pre-workout, with glutamine and creatine, when I am taking creatine.
    And then have a whey and dextrose shake with creatine and glutamine after.

1.     I take my energy supplement or coffee 30-45 minutes before training.  I dont think there is anything wrong with taking it sooner or later, rather i have found that, for myself, 30-45 minutes is when i feel the effect best. 

2.     All three shakes are not the same.  from largest to smallest:  post workout, pre workout, 25 minutes after workout. 

For example, at 6 weeks out i was having (in order of pre, post, 25 minutes post workout):

30g dextrose, 25g protein; 40g dextrose, 30g protein; 20g dextrose, 25g protein

These amounts are what I thought would be best for me.  They might be too much, or too little, for someone else that is 6 weeks out.  I think the key is starting somewhere (with enough time) and gradually reducing calories. 

Tier

• Getbig III
« Reply #174 on: December 05, 2006, 10:08:18 AM »
how often were you doing cardio (16 min HIIT) and was this at any certain time , eg 1st thing in morn , on non weights days , post workout?