Author Topic: MONSTER TRICEPS! Ask JROD (Nattie BB CHAMP) Q & A  (Read 343152 times)

AVBG

Re: MONSTER TRICEPS! Ask JROD (Nattie BB CHAMP) Q & A
« Reply #325 on: July 09, 2007, 12:51:48 PM »
Go JROD! give it horns all the way to the end  man! Got 7 weeks left till my first contest of '07 so I'm busy treading up the path you've been climbing.
Hope all goes well and looking forward to seeing some pics of your freaky conditioning and hearing how thing went .

Justin

Good to have you contributing on our board Justin, it s good to see other Natural bber's supporting one of our own and good luck with your own preps.

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #326 on: July 09, 2007, 05:16:50 PM »
Hang in there J!

How are the lifts?  Have you lost much strengh?  Also, what was your average loss per week?

BTW, will you be wearing your "Team GetBig" shirt at the comp?  ;D

Strength right now is no longer an issue as, being that I'm 4 days out, I have recently stopped training to 100% failure and have began my slight/gradual carb up/increase in calories process.  I must say, however, that this pre-contest season compared to last year, my strength was much better (didn't go down as much); and I was very happy about this. 

I don't know what my average weight loss per week has been since I have not, until recently, been keeping track of my bodyweight (because knowing I weigh X pounds less and stepping under a barbell for a heavy set of squats is mentally uncomfortable; furthermore, I don't want my weight to affect how I decide to diet). 

Recently however, the most common weight that comes up is 189 lbs.  However, its fluctuates quite a bit throughout the day.  For example:I went to bed two nights ago weighing 193; after a long nights sleep and peeing in the morning I weighed 181; within an hour of waking I weighed 189; about 1 hour after training I weighed 192; then 189 in the early evening; then 196 late in the evening; and finally I weighed 193 again before going to be last night.  The picture below (taken a few minutes ago; wearing only boxers) is what I weigh right now.

Keeping track of my bodyweight and noticing these fluctuations have even more so reinforced my idea that bodyweight, for ME, is not a good indicator of my conditioning/where I stand/how I look.  But, it is sometimes interesting.

As for the "Team Getbig" shirt, comp me and I'll wear it.  ;)

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #327 on: July 09, 2007, 05:26:52 PM »
Go JROD! give it horns all the way to the end  man! Got 7 weeks left till my first contest of '07 so I'm busy treading up the path you've been climbing.
Hope all goes well and looking forward to seeing some pics of your freaky conditioning and hearing how thing went .

Justin

Thanks, Justin.  Hope your prep is going and goes very well.  Remember this when it gets too tough: as difficult as those hard days might seem when you're right in the midst of it, it only takes 1 day of carbing up to feel GREAT and feel like "that wasn't that bad".  Funny how that is (for me at least).  I've been dieting since 14 weeks out and that last couple of weeks have been tough, but all of a sudden, I begin the process of increasing calories & carbs and and now I think its not that bad, and I feel great.  The process can be made a lot easier, or a lot harder, just by how you think of it (being positive or negative). 

Take care and good luck.

--Jeff

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #328 on: July 09, 2007, 05:41:25 PM »
Good luck Jrod, go get em mate 8).

Big Lee

• Getbig II
  • Roadhouse was a great movie.
« Reply #329 on: July 11, 2007, 09:43:10 PM »
good luck buddy, cant wait to see some pics.  Leon.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #330 on: July 12, 2007, 02:03:27 AM »

As for the "Team Getbig" shirt, comp me and I'll wear it.  ;)

RON!!!!!!!!!

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #331 on: July 13, 2007, 09:51:33 PM »
here's an update.  From yesterday, 1 day out:

http://mdtv.musculardevelopment.com/content/view/924/161/

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #332 on: July 13, 2007, 09:57:48 PM »

Baby_Hercules

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • myspace.com/babyhercules1914
« Reply #333 on: July 14, 2007, 09:55:23 AM »
Hey J-Rod it was nice meeting you yesterday. Your conditioning is outstanding. Hope you do well tonight. I got 2nd callout, but there were only 3 guys called out during 1st callout so I'm unsure of how I'm going to place tonight.

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #334 on: July 14, 2007, 10:12:50 AM »
Hey J-Rod it was nice meeting you yesterday. Your conditioning is outstanding. Hope you do well tonight. I got 2nd callout, but there were only 3 guys called out during 1st callout so I'm unsure of how I'm going to place tonight.

It was nice meeting you too, Gene.  I was looking around backstage yesterday and saw this guy pumping up and I was really impressed by his back development; the guy turned around and it was you.  You looked good.  You've got a really tough class though--a lot of good guys: Bill Lawrence, Kelly Pettiford just to name a few.

So, I wish you the best out there tonight.  See you in a few hours, and good luck.

--Jeff

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #335 on: July 14, 2007, 07:36:06 PM »
Good luck once again guys. Fantastic MD vid there JRod :).

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #336 on: July 15, 2007, 02:05:47 PM »
Hook us up with some comparison photos from the comp.  This thread has given me so much inspiration since it's conception I've lost 30lbs.

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #337 on: July 15, 2007, 02:19:43 PM »
damn bro. you must be pulling the hottest pieces of ass..

you look awesome man. i could disect you and say that you could use a little bit more muscle in the upper pecs, rear triceps, and traps. but im sure you already know that. and regardless, every poster here would love to be able to say that they look like you and are natural. most of the juicers would like to look like you as well.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

Tier

• Getbig III
  • Lift light with sloppy form
« Reply #338 on: July 15, 2007, 04:57:32 PM »
yep good inspiration to anyone thinking about roids.

El Guapo

• Getbig III
  • Don't hate me cause I'm beautiful
« Reply #339 on: July 15, 2007, 08:32:06 PM »
Jrod, congratulations on your improvements!!! you looked leaps and bounds better than you did a year ago. Keep at it bro and that first place will come!!!!!!

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #340 on: July 16, 2007, 07:17:45 PM »
Thanks for all the nice words, guys, I really appreciate it.  As for the comparison pics, I can post them when I get home (I'm still in NY) and have access to my own computer.  My flight leaves tomorrow, so I'll try and do it by wednesday. 

Mat

• Getbig II
  • Wizard from Oz
« Reply #341 on: July 18, 2007, 04:33:23 PM »
Hi Jrod,

Congrats on your placing at the team universe. You looked awsome.

Your diet look's very similar to Skip La Cour's - similar to what I copy - pack the High GI carbs around my training session and then low GI carbs throught he rest of the day. Did you use any of Skip's techniques to help you get ready for this comp and to get rid of all the water for that super dry look?

Thanks
Mat

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #342 on: July 18, 2007, 07:37:44 PM »
Hook us up with some comparison photos from the comp.  This thread has given me so much inspiration since it's conception I've lost 30lbs.

These are from musculardevelopment.com , taken by Bill Comstock.

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #343 on: July 18, 2007, 07:38:59 PM »
The pictures look much bigger when viewed directly from the site:

http://www.musculardevelopment.com/browse/index.php?mode=contest&eventcode=1134

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #344 on: July 18, 2007, 07:46:12 PM »
Hi Jrod,

Congrats on your placing at the team universe. You looked awsome.

Your diet look's very similar to Skip La Cour's - similar to what I copy - pack the High GI carbs around my training session and then low GI carbs throught he rest of the day. Did you use any of Skip's techniques to help you get ready for this comp and to get rid of all the water for that super dry look?

Thanks
Mat

Mat,

Thanks!

Yes, the way I manipulate water and sodium is based on Skip La Cour's strategies, though I have made my own little personal adjustments (EG I drank 5 gallons of water up until 2 days out; I believe Skip begins tapering it down a bit earlier).  I have always looked up to Skip and Jeff Willet.  When I first started bodybuilding I used to read all their articles and follow along in their training journals; therefore, much of the way I do things is heavily influenced by these two.  If you are going to copy someone's pre-contest strategies, I think Skip La Cour is a great choice. 

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #345 on: July 18, 2007, 08:21:19 PM »
You look great in those pictures. I would say your only weakness is your lower back. Your lower lats look non-existent compared to most of the other competitors. Maybe focus more on strict reverse grip barbell rows? Besides that though I'd say you would have won the contest!

Mat

• Getbig II
  • Wizard from Oz
« Reply #346 on: July 18, 2007, 08:23:37 PM »
Mat,

Thanks!

Yes, the way I manipulate water and sodium is based on Skip La Cour's strategies, though I have made my own little personal adjustments (EG I drank 5 gallons of water up until 2 days out; I believe Skip begins tapering it down a bit earlier).  I have always looked up to Skip and Jeff Willet.  When I first started bodybuilding I used to read all their articles and follow along in their training journals; therefore, much of the way I do things is heavily influenced by these two.  If you are going to copy someone's pre-contest strategies, I think Skip La Cour is a great choice. 

Yeah I remember following Jeff and Skip's journals when they were competing at the Team Universe - it proved to be a great motivator for myself and I learnt a lot from there focus and dedication.

I think it would be a great idea for your next comp to have an online training journal which people can follow - either way your a champion and hopefully next year you can earn your pro card.

mwbbuilder

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #347 on: July 19, 2007, 06:50:26 AM »
I think you did everything right, Jrod.

I'm not going to stroke you like a lot of these guys on here.

You were outmuscled and are lacjing in muscle maturrity. At least at this time.

All you need is more time.

I'm sure you've answered this in this thread somewhere.

How old are you?

How long have you been training (and I mean seriously ike you did this past couple of years)?

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #348 on: July 19, 2007, 11:37:58 AM »
I think you did everything right, Jrod.

I'm not going to stroke you like a lot of these guys on here.

You were outmuscled and are lacjing in muscle maturrity. At least at this time.

All you need is more time.

I'm sure you've answered this in this thread somewhere.

How old are you?

How long have you been training (and I mean seriously ike you did this past couple of years)?

Agree with what you said; I need more muscle maturity and need to fill out my frame.  Like you said, this will come in time (but I'm trying hard to make it sooner rather than later). 

I am 23 years old ( born January 1st 1984).  I started lifting weights 6 years ago (the summer, around July, when I was 17).  I dont know exactly at which point my training would be called serious, but I can say that I started training and eating fairly well pretty soon after I started; maybe 6-8 months, maybe a year. 

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #349 on: July 19, 2007, 11:48:04 AM »
Agree with what you said; I need more muscle maturity and need to fill out my frame.  Like you said, this will come in time (but I'm trying hard to make it sooner rather than later). 

I am 23 years old ( born January 1st 1984).  I started lifting weights 6 years ago (the summer, around July, when I was 17).  I dont know exactly at which point my training would be called serious, but I can say that I started training and eating fairly well pretty soon after I started; maybe 6-8 months, maybe a year. 

I think that you've had great results because you started eating well at an early stage,  I only wish I can go back to when I started and eaten back then  like how I eat now!!!  I think that makes a world of a difference