Author Topic: IFBB Schedule Update: "PBW Championships" Announced for 2008  (Read 11346 times)

Andrew1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
IFBB Schedule Update: "PBW Championships" Announced for 2008
« on: January 01, 2008, 06:11:59 PM »
2008 IFBB Schedule Update:

"PBW Championships" will be the Southeast Regions ONLY Mens Pro Contest  - Aug. 9, 2008

Pro Bodybuilding Weekly, the radio voice of professional bodybuilding, announces a new addition to the IFBB Contest Schedule. “The IFBB Pro Bodybuilding Weekly Championships” will debut in Tampa, Florida on August 9th. One of the premier destinations on the 2008 pro schedule, the contest will take place on Florida’s west coast, just off the Gulf of Mexico. Pro League Chairman Jim Manion states, “Tampa has always been a hot bed for NPC bodybuilding and I’m looking forward to the first IFBB professional bodybuilding event held there in 2008,”

Under the direction of promoter Tim Gardner, The “PBW Championships” will be the year’s only IFBB bodybuilding event staged in the Southeast region of the United States. The event will bring professional bodybuilding back to the State of Florida for the first time in 5 years.  Contest updates will be provided throughout PBW's 2008 broadcast season. 

PBW returns to the air in January for its 4th season (Presented by MuscleTech - brought to you by Bodybuilding.com and by Flex Magazine).

To learn more about the "PBW Championships", visit:  http://www.getbig.com/headlines/2007/12/26/ifbb-pro-bodybuilding-weekly-championships-with-debut-in-tampa-florida-on-august-9-2008/

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: IFBB Schedule Update: "PBW Championships" Announced for 2008
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 06:13:17 PM »
Tampa/St Pete is a beautiful place.  I'm looking fwd to this show.  I'll be making my own IFBB pro show debut here at the PBW Tampa Classic.  Hope to meet some of you there!  I'll be the guy wearing a black eye from the first pro I run into, if I had to guess.

Chic, can you hook a brother up with a ticket or ten? It'd be nice to get some getbiggers there too.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 06:15:40 PM »
Tampa/St Pete is a beautiful place.  I'm looking fwd to this show.  I'll be making my own IFBB pro show debut here at the PBW Tampa Classic.  Hope to meet some of you there!  I'll be the guy wearing a black eye from the first pro I run into, if I had to guess.

Chic, can you hook a brother up with a ticket or ten? It'd be nice to get some getbiggers there too.
2 pieces of white trash saying how great tampa is?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 06:19:26 PM »

Armstrong

• Getbig III
  • Victor got screwed.
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2008, 06:20:40 PM »

Cool.  Seems like all the shows are in Cali, Vegas, Texas or New York.  Good to finally see a pro show in the southeast.  Any early info on who might compete? Yamagishi?  ;D
Everything is BIGGER in Texas!!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2008, 07:14:23 PM »
Is the competitor list up yet?

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2008, 06:10:07 PM »
Why Tampa?  Seems to me Miami or Orlando would be better choices.   :-\
Ron: "I am lazy."

AVBG

Tampa!
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 01:58:50 AM »
great idea for PBW to be sponsoring a show!

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2008, 11:00:03 PM »
I've never been to Tampa but looking forward to the trip. This will be a great show.

I'm not sure which will be more thrilling visiting Tampa for the first time or meeting 240.  8)
Elevate Your Image.™

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2008, 05:46:43 AM »
I've never been to Tampa but looking forward to the trip. This will be a great show.

I'm not sure which will be more thrilling visiting Tampa for the first time or meeting 240.  8)

I'm quite the exciting guy in real life.  I can drink a sailor under the table.

Canuck

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2008, 09:32:23 AM »
I wonder if Muscular Development contracted athletes will be allowed to compete since they are not allowed to have any contact with PBW as it is now.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2008, 09:39:10 AM »
I wonder if Muscular Development contracted athletes will be allowed to compete since they are not allowed to have any contact with PBW as it is now.

It is an open IFBB show , open to all IFBB pro's....reguardless of any affiliation to magazines, endorsements, etc.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Re: Tampa!
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2008, 11:57:04 AM »
great idea for PBW to be sponsoring a show!

Word is, Bob Chick is favored to win the show.   ;D

Dan Solomon

• Getbig II
  • PBW
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2008, 01:39:10 PM »
Why Tampa?  Seems to me Miami or Orlando would be better choices.   :-\

The event will be held in Tampa for a few reasons.  The promoter (Tim Gardner) is based in Tampa.  He's one of the areas best when it comes to producing high-end shows.  The Venue will be the Tampa Performing Arts Center, located on the banks of the Hillsborough River (very nice spot).  Those of you who have been to Tampa might be familiar with "Ybor City" and the Channelside of Tampa Bay.  The host hotel will be the Marriott Waterside.  To make things easy for the travelers, the hotel & venue are only about 15 minutes from the airport.  --- Glad to hear that "Lift" and "240" will be making the trip.  If any of you Getbiggers plan on attending, drop me a note.  I'll do my best to hook-up the "PBW" discount  :) 

For more info about the "PBW Championships" you can contact Tim Gardner directly at tgflex@aol.com

I hope you all survived the holidays....I'm still recovering from 10 days of torture at the in-laws house.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2008, 09:36:07 AM »

The event will be held in Tampa for a few reasons.  The promoter (Tim Gardner) is based in Tampa. 

Well, if this guy is putting up the money, I suppose that's good enough reason to let him hold it in his crappy city.  I still think you would get much better attendance in Miami or Orlando though.

west coast willie

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2008, 12:33:36 PM »

Well, if this guy is putting up the money, I suppose that's good enough reason to let him hold it in his crappy city.  I still think you would get much better attendance in Miami or Orlando though.

no way bro. don't hate on tampa bay. Beautiful place. I lived there for 2 years. Didn't there used to be a show in orlando?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2008, 06:41:16 PM »

Yeah...cause the last show in Orlando was such a huge success

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2008, 08:48:48 PM »
Yeah...cause the last show in Orlando was such a huge success

Actually, Miami would have been my first choice.

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2008, 08:54:10 PM »
If you have not been to Tampa Bay, then you know not what you talk about

One of the most underated major cities in America.  Beautiful town

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2008, 04:16:28 AM »

One of the most underated major cities in America.  Beautiful town
it sucks

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2008, 08:18:20 AM »

It is a wonderful place and I am going to be there for sure. Atlanta female pro , former national champ Mimi Jabalee told me she will make her pro debut at this show. She is already lean and just needs to train hard and dial it in . Does the show have a web sit yet?   Howard
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2008, 05:04:08 PM »

I have been there.  It's nothing special.