Author Topic: The Fat Burner Thread  (Read 37590 times)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
Re: Testing out some fat burners this week...
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2008, 11:13:17 AM »
It's a good idea, as long as you don't get a headache from it (some people do if they go over 1000 mg a day). I would only take the stimulant fat burner before an early cardio session, and after you've used them 5 or 6 days in a row, lay off for 2 days. That way your body will respond better and not get too used to them. A good non-stimulant fat burner is Blaze by SAN. I get pretty warm on it, so I know it's speeding up my metabolism. Maybe, mixing that with the careful use of a stimulating fat burner could work well.

Thanks for the info.  I agree that 5 on, 2 off is a good approach for stimulant-based fat burners.

I'll check out Blaze too.   8)

FROM A VITAMIN WEBSITE ---

L-tyrosine, through its effect on neurotransmitters, is used to treat conditions including mood enhancement, appetite suppression, and growth hormone stimulation. In addition, tyrosine is reported to have an antioxidant effect, which may protect people from cancer development, coronary heart disease, and aging. Tyrosine appears to prevent the decline in various aspects of performance and mood associated with many kinds of acute stress, and may prove useful in improving performance in situations where performance is compromised by stress. Tyrosine may act as an adaptogen, helping the body adapt to and cope with the effects of physical or psychological stress by minimizing the symptoms brought on by stress. Tyrosine is involved in the synthesis of enkephalins (pronounced en-keff-a-lins), substances that have pain-relieving effects. Tyrosine supplementation may be used in the treatment of Parkinson's disease, because tyrosine can make l-dopa which is used directly to treat Parkinson's disease. Tyrosine aids in the the production of melanin (pigment responsible for hair and skin color) and in the functions of the adrenal, thryroid, and pituitary glands. Tyrosine appears to be a successful addition to conventional treatment for cocaine abuse and withdrawal. It may be used in conjunction with tryptophan and imipramine (an antidepressant). When taken properly, l-tyrosine can assist a sluggish thyroid and aid the dieter in losing excess, unwanted pounds. People born with the genetic condition phenylketonuria (PKU) are unable to metabolize the amino acid phenylalanine. Mental retardation and other severe disabilities can result. While dietary phenylalanine restriction prevents these problems, it also leads to low tyrosine levels in many (but not all) people with PKU. Tyrosine supplementation may be beneficial in some people with PKU, though the evidence is conflicting.

Dietary sources of l-tyrosine are principally derived from animal and vegetable proteins. Natural sources include soy products, chicken, turkey, fish, peanuts, almonds, avocados, bananas, milk, cheese, yogurt, cottage cheese, lima beans, pumpkin seeds, and sesame seeds.

The standard dose of tyrosine is 1000 milligrams whenever a physical or mental boost is needed. Tyrosine supplements should be taken at least 30 minutes before meals, divided into three daily doses. They should also be taken with a multivitamin-mineral complex because vitamins B6, B9 (folate), and copper help convert L-tyrosine into important brain chemicals.
:)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
Re: The Fat Burner Thread
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2008, 08:25:37 AM »
So here's the latest with the fat burners.  I've been using At Large's NITOR, and I like it.  I'm up to two in the morning before cardio and one in the afternoon.  It definitely cranks me up, but I am used to it now.

The BEAST gave me a bunch of Palumbo's fat burners to try (Lipolyze and Somalyze), which are non-stimulant.  I'm going to give those a whirl next week, and then I am going to get off the fat burners until I am about 10 weeks out from the show, and I will then cycle on and off the stimulant-based ones.  The problem is that I really seem to benefit from a stimulant-based fat burner in the morning before cardio.  I find myself totally dragging ass without one, and struggling to get through the cardio sometimes.   :-\

Here's some info on DHEA, which is in NITOR.  Nothing's really been proven regarding its effectiveness, however.

DHEA is called the "mother hormone" because it acts as a precursor to other hormones in the body such as estrogen, progesterone, cortisone, androgen and testosterone, to name a few. The fetus manufactures DHEA, which stimulates the placenta to form estrogen, thus keeping a pregnancy going. Production of DHEA stops at birth, then begins again around age seven and peaks when a person is in their mid-20s. From the early 30s on there is a steady decline (about 2 percent each year) until around age 75 and older when the level of DHEA in the body is about 5 percent of peak.

Claims about DHEA

In the 1970s and 1980s, DHEA was being sold as a weight-loss aid. In 1985 the FDA banned over-the-counter sale of DHEA due to unsubstantiated claims and lack of data on safety and effectiveness for weight loss. Today it is back as a "dietary supplement."

DHEA has been touted as an "antidote for aging" and a "superhormone" that can help burn fat, build muscle mass, boost libido, strengthen the immune system, prevent heart disease, cancer, osteoporosis and non-insulin dependent diabetes, ease the effects of menopause, retard memory loss, help in the treatment of lupus, limit burn damage, combat stress and prevent or slow the progression of Alzheimer and Parkinson diseases.

Top Dog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2008, 09:12:10 AM »
So here's the latest with the fat burners.  I've been using At Large's NITOR, and I like it.  I'm up to two in the morning before cardio and one in the afternoon.  It definitely cranks me up, but I am used to it now.

The BEAST gave me a bunch of Palumbo's fat burners to try (Lipolyze and Somalyze), which are non-stimulant.  I'm going to give those a whirl next week, and then I am going to get off the fat burners until I am about 10 weeks out from the show, and I will then cycle on and off the stimulant-based ones.  The problem is that I really seem to benefit from a stimulant-based fat burner in the morning before cardio.  I find myself totally dragging ass without one, and struggling to get through the cardio sometimes.   :-\

Here's some info on DHEA, which is in NITOR.  Nothing's really been proven regarding its effectiveness, however.

DHEA is called the "mother hormone" because it acts as a precursor to other hormones in the body such as estrogen, progesterone, cortisone, androgen and testosterone, to name a few. The fetus manufactures DHEA, which stimulates the placenta to form estrogen, thus keeping a pregnancy going. Production of DHEA stops at birth, then begins again around age seven and peaks when a person is in their mid-20s. From the early 30s on there is a steady decline (about 2 percent each year) until around age 75 and older when the level of DHEA in the body is about 5 percent of peak.

Claims about DHEA

In the 1970s and 1980s, DHEA was being sold as a weight-loss aid. In 1985 the FDA banned over-the-counter sale of DHEA due to unsubstantiated claims and lack of data on safety and effectiveness for weight loss. Today it is back as a "dietary supplement."

DHEA has been touted as an "antidote for aging" and a "superhormone" that can help burn fat, build muscle mass, boost libido, strengthen the immune system, prevent heart disease, cancer, osteoporosis and non-insulin dependent diabetes, ease the effects of menopause, retard memory loss, help in the treatment of lupus, limit burn damage, combat stress and prevent or slow the progression of Alzheimer and Parkinson diseases.

So you have no concerns with putting all this stuff into your system......I don't understand.

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2008, 09:14:37 AM »

The BEAST gave me a bunch of Palumbo's fat burners to try (Lipolyze and Somalyze), which are non-stimulant.  I'm going to give those a whirl next week, and then I am going to get off the fat burners until I am about 10 weeks out from the show, and I will then cycle on and off the stimulant-based ones.  The problem is that I really seem to benefit from a stimulant-based fat burner in the morning before cardio.  I find myself totally dragging ass without one, and struggling to get through the cardio sometimes.   :-\

Claims about DHEA

Regular DHEA probably won't burn much fat in most people, although in women it will elevate their testostrone levels a bit which could impart a harder look (and increased sex drive). There is a metabolite of DHEA called 7-keto-Dhea which has some studies showing it improves thyroid function and suposedly burns fat a bit. It does not convert to Testosterone or estrogen. It is sold alone or sometimes is included in fat loss formul;as

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2008, 09:19:25 AM »
Regular DHEA probably won't burn much fat in most people, although in women it will elevate their testostrone levels a bit which could impart a harder look (and increased sex drive). There is a metabolite of DHEA called 7-keto-Dhea which has some studies showing it improves thyroid function and suposedly burns fat a bit. It does not convert to Testosterone or estrogen. It is sold alone or sometimes is included in fat loss formul;as

I should be more specific.  I am fairly certain it's the 7-keto-Dhea that is in the NITOR and Third Degree Burn.  I don't have the bottle with me, but I'll double check.

One of the most important of these is 7-Keto DHEA (commonly referred to as 7-Keto), a hormone metabolite that can safely boost immune function and help reduce body fat. Unlike DHEA, however, 7-Keto does not convert to estrogen and testosterone. Because DHEA and 7-Keto have separate and unique functions and properties, it is important to understand the differences between these two popular dietary supplements.

Studies have demonstrated that 7-Keto does not accumulate in the body over time and is free of unhealthy side effects. An analysis of the metabolite at the Chicago Center for Clinical Research found that 7-Keto is rapidly absorbed and sulfated, much like DHEA. The sulfated form of 7-Keto DHEA is more stable in plasma, and blood levels can therefore be more accurately measured with laboratory equipment. In the Chicago analysis, peak plasma levels were achieved 2.2 hours after supplementation, and a steady-state level in plasma was reached with twice-daily dosing. Despite 7-Keto DHEA’s rapid elimination by the body, measured as a half-life of 2.17 hours, relatively high blood levels are quickly achieved. For example, after one week of dosing at 200 mg per day, a mean 7-Keto level of 15.8 nanograms per milliliter (ng/ml) was attained; after four weeks of supplementation, the mean level was only modestly higher at 16.3 ng/ml. Supplementation with 7-Keto can therefore have relatively rapid benefits. Lower dosing resulted in proportionally lower blood levels of 7-Keto

7-Keto produces fat loss through the process of thermogenesis. This term refers to the creation of heat, which is one of the forms of energy produced when the body’s cells metabolize the food we eat. Greater amounts of thermogenesis boost the body’s metabolic rate which increases the conversion of stored fat into energy.

7-Keto enhances the activity of three thermogenic enzymes that stimulate fatty acid oxidation in the liver. These thermogenic-en-hancing enzymes are fatty acyl CoA oxidase, malic enzyme, and glycerol-3-phosphate dehydrogenase. These enzymes drive the liver cells to burn fatty acids for energy, which causes a lowering of triglycerides in the liver.

Supplementation with 7-Keto has a dramatic effect on boosting levels of these thermogenic-enhancing enzymes. Studies found that fatty acyl CoA oxidase increased by 128%, while malic enzyme jumped 860%. The concentration of glycerol-3-phosphate dehydrogenase increased by 138% as well.

A study published in Current Therapeutic Research revealed just how effective 7-Keto is in inducing fat loss.13 In this randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study, 30 overweight adults (28 women and 2 men) were divided into two groups. Group 1 received 100 mg of 7-Keto twice daily for eight weeks, while group 2 took a matching pla-cebo capsule. All subjects participated in an exercise program three times a week that consisted of 50 minutes of aerobic and non-aerobic cross training under the supervision of an exercise physiologist. In addition, each subject was instructed by a registered dietitian to follow an 1800-calorie-a-day diet. The subjects underwent testing for blood chemistry, body composition, blood pressure, and dietary analysis at baseline and at weeks four and eight.

The researchers found that the 7-Keto group lost a significant amount of body weight compared to the placebo group—6.3 versus 2.1 pounds. The 7-Keto group also lost a greater percentage of body fat compared to the placebo group—1.8% versus 0.57%. Compared to the placebo group, the 7-Keto group saw a significant increase in thyroid hormone activity that targets fat- burning genes in the mitochondria and adipose tissue. No adverse effects were reported. The results show that 7-Keto can significantly and safely reduce body weight and body fat when combined with exercise and a reduced-calorie diet. This is due to the greatly increased levels of fat-burning enzymes in the liver as well as the elevation of thyroid hormone. These beneficial changes are known to boost basal metabolic rate, making it easier to shed excess pounds. Supplementation with 7-Keto can therefore help reverse the decline in metabolic rate that makes it so easy to put on weight as we age. Unlike caffeine and ephedrine, 7-Keto does not have a central nervous system stimulating effect caused by nor-adrenalin release, nor does 7-Keto increase heart rate or blood pressure.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2008, 04:28:03 AM »
This week, I am going to try Palumbo's two fat burners, Lypolyze during the day, and Somalyze at night.  No idea if I spelled those correctly.  These are non-stimulant fat burners.  The active ingredient is Usnic Acid, which is a bit controversial. 

I've posted some info below that a couple people provided in The Beast's contest prep thread.  The Beast took these fat burners during her prep, and then she gave me a bunch of her leftovers when I saw her at the Jr USAs (Thanks Jenny! :))  I have enough to take it for at least a week, so I'll give it a go and see what I think.  However, I have a feeling that this is going to be one of those products that you have to stay on long-term to really see or understand any effects.  I'll give it a whirl for a week or so, but then I think I'm gonna get off all the fat burners for a couple weeks, and then cycle through the stimulant-based ones for the final 10 weeks of my prep.

No offense taken, I just want u to look your best.

I posted this on bignation as well. And i have no reason to promote dave's products, they just work so i like em.

I read a story about a woman who claims that after taking 500mg per day of Usnic Acid, her liver “shriveled up and died”.  I think the title of the newspaper article was entitled, "She lost her liver trying to lose weight"? I remember reading an MD interview with Dave Palumbo where the interviewer brought up a similar story and Dave responded by saying that if someone took a huge amount of Valium, or even Vitamin C, they would screw up their liver too.  Insane as this may sound, if someone actually took enough LIPOLYZE or SOMALYZE to equal 500mg per day [36 pills], would it damage their liver like in the above story?

Usnic acid causes cellular energy-wasting by allowing potential energy that could be used to synthesize ATP to leak out of the cells via “leaky” mitochondrial membranes. Because of this energy loss, the cells must compensate by oxidizing additional fatty acids in order to ensure that adequate ATP levels are maintained.  Whenever fatty acid oxidation in increased, the production of free radicals is also increased; and too many free radicals can potentially damage the cells integrity.  This is where antioxidants come into play. 

Several in vitro (cell culture) studies have demonstrated that massive amounts of Usnic acid can damage liver cells. Remember, this data has only been observed in petri dish conditions; not in the living organism.  It should also be remembered that cells grown in petri dishes have one distinct disadvantage over cells found in the living body; there are no antioxidant systems to protect against free radical-induced oxidative damage. With this fact in mind, these same studies revealed that by adding a simple antioxidant like vitamin E to the cell culture media, cell damage was drastically reduced (if not eliminated). 

The human body has a large array of endogenous antioxidant systems such as superoxide dismutase, glutathione reductase, catalase, and various peroxidases that effectively neutralize most free radicals that can lead to oxidative stress.  Additionally, LIPOLYZE and SOMALYZE are both fortified with green tea extract and Vitamin E which further serve to reduce the threat of antioxidant damage within the cells

For those interested here is a good review regarding Usnic acid

http://ntp.niehs.nih.gov/ntp/htdocs/Chem_Background/ExSumPdf/UsnicAcid.pdf

More recent toxicological studies are listed here

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?cmd=search&db=pubmed&term=tox%5Bsb%5D%20AND%20%28%7E125-46-2%5BRN%5D%20OR%20%22%7E%22%5BMH%5D%29

As a point of clarification the anti oxidant systems that Flexington mentioned are all present in isolated cells.  However some of them may be inactive due to depletion of co factors such as  ascorbate and glutathione.

I am not sure if any study has shown a thermogenic effect at the levels given in most supplements.  Increased dosage would presumably lead to mitochondrial uncoupling, and thermogenesis (with resultant fat loss),  but that might also lead to toxicity. 

If you eat a balanced diet and take your  1 or 2 a day vitamins  anti oxidant supplementation does not have a major effect on your cells abilities to eliminate free radicals (superoxide dismutase, catalase)  or to reduce oxidative damage  (ascorbate,  glutathione,  etc). 

So good luck to those supplementing with it.   It may work,  it may kill you,  it may work and kill you.   Most likely at the low doses recommended it will not do much of anything,  but as we know a lot of bodybuilding is based on super pharmacological dosing, well outside the range of human research stuies -  the label has never held many back.

My only suggestion is to be like the Beast,  and research it yourself before deciding.

Best

Doug

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2008, 11:37:40 PM »
This week, I am going to try Palumbo's two fat burners, Lypolyze during the day, and Somalyze at night.  No idea if I spelled those correctly.  These are non-stimulant fat burners.  The active ingredient is Usnic Acid, which is a bit controversial. 

I've posted some info below that a couple people provided in The Beast's contest prep thread.  The Beast took these fat burners during her prep, and then she gave me a bunch of her leftovers when I saw her at the Jr USAs (Thanks Jenny! :))  I have enough to take it for at least a week, so I'll give it a go and see what I think.  However, I have a feeling that this is going to be one of those products that you have to stay on long-term to really see or understand any effects.  I'll give it a whirl for a week or so, but then I think I'm gonna get off all the fat burners for a couple weeks, and then cycle through the stimulant-based ones for the final 10 weeks of my prep.

Use palumbos shit lori, its the best stuff out there. And its not going to get your wired and shit like u were complaining about that other stuff u were taking. Plus its non-stimulant based, so it doesnt increase cortisol.......Just some food for thought.

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2008, 02:39:38 PM »
Be careful Rip!!
TEAM Nasser

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2008, 04:29:26 AM »
Use palumbos shit lori, its the best stuff out there. And its not going to get your wired and shit like u were complaining about that other stuff u were taking. Plus its non-stimulant based, so it doesnt increase cortisol.......Just some food for thought.

The thing about Palumbo's fat burner is how do we KNOW that it works?  At least with the stimulant-based fat burners, you feel it.  You know if it's cranking you up, or supressing your appetite, or heating you up, or whatever.  When you're dieting hard and doing lots of cardio and training AND taking a fat burner that you can't feel, it's hard to guage whether it's effective because you should be leaning out regardless. 

One thing I've noticed is that I really do appreciate the crank you get from a good fat burner when you have to drag your ass out of bed at 5:30 for morning cardio.  Sometimes, it's the difference between a really good cardio session that burns more calories and one where I am struggling just to move my legs.

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2008, 06:43:55 AM »
Medfat: eat less, excersize more  ::)
X

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2008, 06:47:04 AM »
Medfat: eat less, excersize more  ::)

What is wrong Meddy ???

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2008, 04:34:33 PM »
Damnt Lori just use palumbos fat burners :)

And how you'll know its working, you'll be losing more fat using his lypolyze than if you werent :)

Hey i read earlier that you liked thyrotabs go to www.dpsnutrition.com they have em on clearance there.

The thing about Palumbo's fat burner is how do we KNOW that it works?  At least with the stimulant-based fat burners, you feel it.  You know if it's cranking you up, or supressing your appetite, or heating you up, or whatever.  When you're dieting hard and doing lots of cardio and training AND taking a fat burner that you can't feel, it's hard to guage whether it's effective because you should be leaning out regardless. 

One thing I've noticed is that I really do appreciate the crank you get from a good fat burner when you have to drag your ass out of bed at 5:30 for morning cardio.  Sometimes, it's the difference between a really good cardio session that burns more calories and one where I am struggling just to move my legs.

AVBG

« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2008, 04:40:28 PM »
Rip, Palumbo's fat burners definately works - no doubt about  it. I have used lipo6 amongst others recently and it's the most effective by far.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: May 31, 2008, 05:41:30 AM »
Rip, Palumbo's fat burners definately works - no doubt about  it. I have used lipo6 amongst others recently and it's the most effective by far.

Well, your endorsement does mean alot...as does flex's... :)

I've got about a week's worth to try out, but I'm not sure that will really be enough to make a determination on whether it works for me.

AVBG

« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2008, 01:43:43 PM »

I've got about a week's worth to try out, but I'm not sure that will really be enough to make a determination on whether it works for me.

Get some more and get stuck into it..!

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2008, 11:35:59 PM »

Rip I just had about 12 people from my job order lypolyze, they all got it today, so we'll so how it goes. Ill put some real world results out there for you. Let me remind you though that these are people who are fat, barely exercise if they do any at all, eat horrible, and are taking lypolyze for that extra kick. Now if it can work for them then it can definetely work for a precontest bodybuilder, so ill keep u updated, and tell u how its goin w/them in the next 20 or 30 days.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2008, 06:42:01 AM »
Rip I just had about 12 people from my job order lypolyze, they all got it today, so we'll so how it goes. Ill put some real world results out there for you. Let me remind you though that these are people who are fat, barely exercise if they do any at all, eat horrible, and are taking lypolyze for that extra kick. Now if it can work for them then it can definetely work for a precontest bodybuilder, so ill keep u updated, and tell u how its goin w/them in the next 20 or 30 days.

Flex do you think it will really help the people who you said are fat, lazy, dont excersise or eat right?  Im thinking no, but will be fun to hear how they do on it.  They sound like the folks who buy into the suff they sell on those info mertials on tv.  Like take this pill and you will lose weight.

At least Dave's product is probally a good one.  Dude if they just cut back portion size and let up on the snacks and maybe walk around the block a few times a week they would probally see results.

As far a s Rip Baby is concerned she knows what she has to do.  When has the Ripster ever come unprepared for anything?  This girl will nail her conditioning, I have no doubt about it :)  Come game day those other Bi*ches better watch out and stay out of R Baby's way.  YouknowwhatImsaying  8)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2008, 04:38:55 PM »
As far a s Rip Baby is concerned she knows what she has to do.  When has the Ripster ever come unprepared for anything?  This girl will nail her conditioning, I have no doubt about it :)  Come game day those other Bi*ches better watch out and stay out of R Baby's way.  YouknowwhatImsaying  8)

LOL...aww thanks for the vote of confidence Luv!  Conditioning is the name of the game baby... too bad it takes so damn much work to get lean.  Not quite as easy as a magic pill.  ::) 

Flex, I definitely want to hear how your co-workers do on Palumbo's stuff!

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: June 02, 2008, 02:17:34 AM »

LOL...aww thanks for the vote of confidence Luv!  Conditioning is the name of the game baby... too bad it takes so damn much work to get lean.  Not quite as easy as a magic pill.  ::) 

Flex, I definitely want to hear how your co-workers do on Palumbo's stuff!

ill definetely let u know :)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: June 02, 2008, 07:18:46 PM »
For anyone who has taken Palumbo's fat burners, I would be curious to hear if you encountered any side effects?   ???

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #70 on: June 02, 2008, 07:32:47 PM »
I sure hope not, but I want you to be as safe as possible Rip, I don't want to see you overdoes on fat burners, you are gorgeous already, I can only imagine you can't get any gorgeouser.

jt
TEAM Nasser

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #71 on: June 02, 2008, 08:38:13 PM »
For anyone who has taken Palumbo's fat burners, I would be curious to hear if you encountered any side effects?   ???

You know I've taken a butt load of it and I never had any problems. Nothing but good things to say about it.

...and like someone else said earlier, just because it doesn't give you that amped feeling like some other fat burners do, does not mean it's not working or that it's not any good. Even though it's not OTC, take for instance Cytomel (t-3.) It does not give you some sort of false high/jittery/energized feeling, but it's hard to argue that it is not one of the more effective fat burners out there.

If you need the energized feeling that you get form other fat burners and you're using Dave's products which don't' give you this, simply take in some caffeine instead along with your fat burners. However, I'm not a big fan of lots of caffeine while dieting for the same reason I'm not a fan of most OTC fat burners...too much bad news for cortisol levels IMO.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: June 02, 2008, 11:06:28 PM »
You know I've taken a butt load of it and I never had any problems. Nothing but good things to say about it.

...and like someone else said earlier, just because it doesn't give you that amped feeling like some other fat burners do, does not mean it's not working or that it's not any good. Even though it's not OTC, take for instance Cytomel (t-3.) It does not give you some sort of false high/jittery/energized feeling, but it's hard to argue that it is not one of the more effective fat burners out there.

If you need the energized feeling that you get form other fat burners and you're using Dave's products which don't' give you this, simply take in some caffeine instead along with your fat burners. However, I'm not a big fan of lots of caffeine while dieting for the same reason I'm not a fan of most OTC fat burners...too much bad news for cortisol levels IMO.

very very true!

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: June 03, 2008, 05:55:09 AM »

OK that's cool.  I was wondering because I have been taking Palumbo's fat burner for about 3 days now, and I am having some pretty crazy stomach problems.  Maybe it's just coincidence, but I was curious if anyone else had experienced problems?  I haven't changed anything else in my diet really.

Is "gorgeouser" a word btw?  ;D 

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: June 08, 2008, 06:33:24 AM »
I have taken Palumbo's fat burners for a little more than a week now.  I took most of the doses, maybe missed a few of them here and there.  And I took two before bed every night.

I had some pretty major stomach problems this last week, and that's really the only thing that changed about my diet.  I think I'm very sensitive to new stuff, and I'd never taken usnic acid before.  It wasn't a pleasant week, but I did manage to lose some body fat.  I'm also dieting and training very hard, so it's difficult to say if the fat burners worked. 

The other side effect I experienced is that I had to go to the bathroom ALOT (I'm talking about peeing ;D)... I think they must have a diuretic effect, so drink alot of water if you take them.  I experience this with thyrotabs too.

Right now, I'm 12 weeks out from the North Americans, and then Nationals is 12 weeks after that.  I think for the NA's, I am going to start Third Degree Burn at 8 weeks out, and then add the thyrotabs for the last 5-6 weeks.  I may take Palumbo's fat burner for Nationals prep since I'll have to switch it up, but I'm going with the ole' faithful for the NAs.