Author Topic: 'My daughter deserved to die for falling in love'  (Read 9137 times)

The Master

• Getbig V
Re: 'My daughter deserved to die for falling in love'
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2008, 04:32:31 PM »

I'm Germanish, Canadianish.

Ops.

Are Muslims a big problem in Canada too?

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2008, 04:43:29 PM »
Ops.

Are Muslims a big problem in Canada too?

There has been immigration to Quebec as many Arabs speak French and it's been estimated that Arabic would surpass French at some point as most widely spoken language.  There was some rumbling to institute Sharia law in Toronto a while back but that got squashed.

But Canada is huge, the people who come here do seem to be more educated.  I was shocked though,  the last time I was on a trip to France at the amount of full on schmata wear (which is what I call it ;D) I saw. I think European countries tend to get more village educated people than we do. I couldn't stand it if we became like Europe.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2008, 04:51:34 PM »
There was some rumbling to institute Sharia law in Toronto a while back but that got squashed.

WTF, that this was even a question is so fucked up that it is sickening.

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2008, 05:06:32 PM »
WTF, that this was even a question is so fucked up that it is sickening.

Well yes!!! It was, and there were mass protests, even in Europa. But this is my argument with NS. The reason the door was open to it, is because there were already tribunal systems for orthodox Jews and Catholics I think. Give it to one and you have to give it to another.  That's why everyone should be beholden to the same secular laws only, across the board.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2008, 05:14:33 PM »
Well yes!!! It was, and there were mass protests, even in Europa. But this is my argument with NS. The reason the door was open to it, is because there were already tribunal systems for orthodox Jews and Catholics I think. Give it to one and you have to give it to another.  That's why everyone should be beholden to the same secular laws only, across the board.

Was it just some muslim creeps wanting the Sharia law and speaking loud about it, or was the process of getting it instated actually on its way?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2008, 07:07:22 PM »

Yup....
I hate the State.

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2008, 01:08:08 PM »
Was it just some muslim creeps wanting the Sharia law and speaking loud about it, or was the process of getting it instated actually on its way?

I'm not sure as I wasn't around then, but must have been more than just a blip cause there were protests in France and Deutschland over it. I do remember it was a middle-eastern women who led the fight against it, and if I'm not mistaken, the Jewish/Catholic tribunal thing was renounced as a result.

Yup....

Yup.  :) 

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2008, 01:34:21 PM »
Why hasn't jaguarenterprises the lying coward responding to my question? ??? ::) :-*
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2008, 02:35:08 PM »
Why hasn't jaguarenterprises the lying coward responding to my question? ??? ::) :-*

NS the old testament isn't particularly ambiguous regarding the way punishments should be meted out. We already went through this in the IS GOD CRUEL? thread.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2008, 03:13:33 PM »
NS the old testament isn't particularly ambiguous regarding the way punishments should be meted out. We already went through this in the IS GOD CRUEL? thread.

It is open to more interpretation than the koran, simply for the koran is sold as "the perfect infallible word of god".

The bible doesn't do this other than the 10 commandments.

Of course even you didn't refute this when I pressed you for response earlier in this thread.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2008, 05:39:42 PM »
It is open to more interpretation than the koran, simply for the koran is sold as "the perfect infallible word of god".

Of course even you didn't refute this when I pressed you for response earlier in this thread.

Both the bible and the koran are pieces of silly, old trash; they have equal standing in my eyes, equally useless and equally dangerous...
I hate the State.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2008, 05:54:18 PM »
Both the bible and the koran are pieces of silly, old trash; they have equal standing in my eyes, equally useless and equally dangerous...

The difference lies in followers. Muslims tend to be a lot less educated on average when compared to christians.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2008, 06:02:57 PM »
The difference lies in followers. Muslims tend to be a lot less educated on average when compared to christians.

Central and South America are filled with poor, uneducated Christians, but they don't go around killing their daughters and blowing themselves up to kill innocent people.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2008, 06:08:24 PM »

Deedee, if you are trashing Christianity, why do you keep bringing up the Old Testament?  That's Judaisms holy text too, and I don't see you trashing the Jews too.  What about the Gospels and Jesus' words.  Don't they have anything good to say?  Are you comparing the teachings of Jesus, the Prince of Peace, to teachings of Mohammad, "The Prophet of the Sword"?   ::)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2008, 07:57:16 PM »
Deedee, if you are trashing Christianity, why do you keep bringing up the Old Testament?  That's Judaisms holy text too, and I don't see you trashing the Jews too.  What about the Gospels and Jesus' words.  Don't they have anything good to say?  Are you comparing the teachings of Jesus, the Prince of Peace, to teachings of Mohammad, "The Prophet of the Sword"?   ::)

All three monotheisms are a bane upon this world; just think how much further we would be without them...sad really.
I hate the State.

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2008, 07:58:03 PM »

I didn't see it at first NS... I was focusing on your other post.

Actually we know how it was interpreted, since we only have to look at our past. There weren't many toothless villagers intellectualizing over a glass of merlot, and the days of yore goatherds loved a good disemboweling and/or burning at the stake.

I'm curious.  You spend a lot of time comparing religions, and always speak up when there's a chance to dissect the koran and its evils, but what use is it?  Your country is losing its culture, you appease age-old goatherd religious customs, there are fatwas on your artists... and didn't that archbishop whoever recently say that Sharia law was inevitable and might be a good thing? It seems all that bitter intellectualizing is just an exercise in impotence.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2008, 08:05:53 PM »
We can't judge them by our values.

Things wouldn't be much different if fundamentalist whack jobs had total power in the US as they take the bible to be very literal.

It is cute how we're so morally superior to them, LOL!

Thousands of Iraqi people die and that doesn't mean much. One girl dies and everyone's writing articles about the abuse of women, how the war will stop stuff like this from happening, how brutal Islam is, etc....

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2008, 08:07:13 PM »
Deedee, if you are trashing Christianity, why do you keep bringing up the Old Testament?  That's Judaisms holy text too, and I don't see you trashing the Jews too.  What about the Gospels and Jesus' words.  Don't they have anything good to say?  Are you comparing the teachings of Jesus, the Prince of Peace, to teachings of Mohammad, "The Prophet of the Sword"?   ::)

Says the resident latin hothead.  ::)  Instead of flying off the emotional handle, maybe you should read the thread instead to find out what it's all about. 

And hate to burst your bubble, but honor and revenge killings happen everywhere, including Latin countries.  Did you not see the Sopranos episode where Vito gets wacked for being a finnochio? It's all about reputation and security and def has not been relegated to islamic countries exclusively. 

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2008, 08:11:17 PM »
We can't judge them by our values.

Things wouldn't be much different if fundamentalist whack jobs had total power in the US as they take the bible to be very literal.

It is cute how we're so morally superior to them, LOL!

Thousands of Iraqi people die and that doesn't mean much. One girl dies and everyone's writing articles about the abuse of women, how the war will stop stuff like this from happening, how brutal Islam is, etc....

No we can't judge them by our values, which is a little bit what I've been saying.  We can however, not tolerate ancient barbaric customs in our modern day Western world. I can't imagine who would say that the war will stop anything.  The US put the taliban into power the first place... which sent women's rights, such as they were, right into the toilet. Meh.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2008, 08:11:45 PM »

I'm curious.  You spend a lot of time comparing religions, and always speak up when there's a chance to dissect the koran and its evils, but what use is it?  Your country is losing its culture, you appease age-old goatherd religious customs, there are fatwas on your artists... and didn't that archbishop whoever recently say that Sharia law was inevitable and might be a good thing? It seems all that bitter intellectualizing is just an exercise in impotence.

Don't count the British gingers out yet. When the mussies has pissed them off enough, it will be game over. Brits might be tolerant, but just like Israel, don't piss them off too far ;D

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2008, 08:12:44 PM »
No we can't judge them by our values, which is a little bit what I've been saying.  We can however, not tolerate ancient barbaric customs in our modern day Western world. I can't imagine who would say that the war will stop anything.  The US put the taliban into power the first place... which sent women's rights, such as they were, right into the toilet. Meh.

Why many americans think all Europeans = spineless fuckers? And why do many Americans think that Europe = already taken by immigrant scum? News: It ain't and it wont.

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2008, 08:19:42 PM »

Don't count the British gingers out yet. When the mussies has pissed them off enough, it will be game over. Brits might be tolerant, but just like Israel, don't piss them off too far ;D

;D

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2008, 03:22:49 AM »
Says the resident latin hothead.  ::)  Instead of flying off the emotional handle, maybe you should read the thread instead to find out what it's all about. 

And hate to burst your bubble, but honor and revenge killings happen everywhere, including Latin countries.  Did you not see the Sopranos episode where Vito gets wacked for being a finnochio? It's all about reputation and security and def has not been relegated to islamic countries exclusively. 

Way to avoid my questions.  How about answering my questions, Deedee?

How about you show us proof that Latin American fathers kill their daughters and that it is inspired by Christianity?  Go ahead.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2008, 03:27:51 AM »
All three monotheisms are a bane upon this world; just think how much further we would be without them...sad really.

Yeah, right.  We would be so much further because secular leaders and secular ideals have done so much better in modern times.     ::)

WWI(1914 - 1918):  19,772,701
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_I_casualties#References

WWII(1930s – 1945): 62,000,000
- World War II: Combatants and Casualties (1937 — 1945). Retrieved on 2007-04-20.
- Source List and Detailed Death Tolls for the Twentieth Century Hemoclysm. Retrieved on 2007-04-20.
- World War II Fatalities. Retrieved on 2007-04-20.

Great Leap Forward(1958 - 1960):  43,000,000
- Peng Xizhe (彭希哲), "Demographic Consequences of the Great Leap Forward in China's Provinces," Population and Development Review 13, no. 4 (1987), 639-70.

Great Purge(1937 -1938): 1,200,000
- Soviet Repression Statistics: Some Comments by Historian Michael Ellman, 2002

Pol Pot's agrarian collectivization (1975 -1979): 1,700,000
- Sophal Ear (May 1995). The Khmer Rouge Canon 1975-1979: The Standard Total Academic View on Cambodia. Retrieved on 2007-11-02.In Chapter 1: Introduction
- The Cambodian Genocide Program. Retrieved on 2007-11-02.

That's what?  127,672,701 casualties for just these few, that's not counting the emotional, cultural, economic trauma, etc.  Keep in mind that the above did not happen in ancient times.  It was done by "modern civilized people", moved by secular ideologies.

Deedee,
You are missing the point for me bringing this up.  OzmO pointed out that there is harm in believing that the OT is the word of God because that makes us "more" vulnerable to manipulations from politicians.  He said that there is "more potential" for believers in the OT to be manipulated into killing. 

But as you can see, anybody whether secular or religious has as much potential to be manipulated or is just as vulnerable to be manipulated into killing.  People can be manipulated by ideals, whether they believe in the OT or not, whether those ideals are secular or religious.  To say that if nobody today believed in the OT is going to make people less vulnerable to such manipulations is naive. 

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2008, 05:23:40 AM »
Way to avoid my questions.  How about answering my questions, Deedee?

How about you show us proof that Latin American fathers kill their daughters and that it is inspired by Christianity?  Go ahead.

PWNED

Deedee, I honestly believe you have little knowledge on islam or christianity to make the comparisons you've made in this thread.
الاسلام هو شيطانية