Author Topic: Last night was GLORIOUS!!!  (Read 20017 times)

A2daMIR

• Getbig III
Last night was GLORIOUS!!!
« on: October 04, 2008, 08:17:04 PM »
... Like i said, he kept fighting nobodies... his first semi-real challenge and he got KOed in 14 secs

Rudee

• Getbig V
Re: Kimbo KOed in 14 secs...
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 08:21:14 PM »
It wasn't a KO.  It was a ref stoppage.

jpboudro

• Getbig II
  • Whatever it Takes!!
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 08:25:50 PM »
Ref stopage is a TKO.  ;)
If the ref would not have stoped it Kimbo would have major head trauma!

Permabulker

• Getbig IV
  • 1*
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 08:28:48 PM »
Any videos yet??

Eisenherz

• Getbig IV
  • Uber oder unter?
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 08:29:11 PM »
link to a vid plz, or it didnt happen.

jpboudro

• Getbig II
  • Whatever it Takes!!
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 08:38:43 PM »
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The Coach

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2008, 08:40:07 PM »
... Like i said, he kept fighting nobodies... his first semi-real challenge and he got KOed in 14 secs

Thanks for f**king it up for us here on the West Coast >:(

On the lighter side, I'll be backstage with Rampage and Dave Roberts on Dec. 27th in his fight with Wanderlei Silva in Vegas :D

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2008, 08:42:50 PM »
Thanks for f**king it up for us here on the West Coast >:(

On the lighter side, I'll be backstage with Rampage and Dave Roberts on Dec. 27th in his fight with Wanderlei Silva in Vegas :D
Lol, Rampage is so ashamed to be associated with "Coach" that he is going to leave him couped up backstage instead of actually hookin him up with some decent seats....

The Coach

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2008, 08:44:35 PM »
Lol, Rampage is so ashamed to be associated with "Coach" that he is going to leave him couped up backstage instead of actually hookin him up with some decent seats....

Yeah.............that must be it ::)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2008, 08:47:54 PM »
Yeah.............that must be it ::)
"Coach" is probably gonna be one of 100 generic, middle aged guys, with press passes going around bragging about how they are going to "hang with Rampage before the fight"

The Coach

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2008, 08:57:24 PM »
"Coach" is probably gonna be one of 100 generic, middle aged guys, with press passes going around bragging about how they are going to "hang with Rampage before the fight"

Dude, for the record.......I don't like MMA. I was invited to see how everything worked before a fight from a mental standpoint. I've watched on TV, pulled up video from youtube and have been givin film of his and Dave's fights so I study the mechanics, movements and conditioning. Personally, I have a hard time figuring out why these guys want to beat the holy shit out of each other for any amount of money. But the MMA training is fun to learn but learning how these guys think scares the hell out of me. You seriously have to have a loose screw to do this stuff.

I've tapped into a new market and I'm running with it.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2008, 08:59:48 PM »
Dude, for the record.......I don't like MMA. I was invited to see how everything worked before a fight from a mental standpoint. I've watched on TV, pulled up video from youtube and have been givin film of his and Dave's fights so I study the mechanics, movements and conditioning. Personally, I have a hard time figuring out why these guys want to beat the holy shit out of each other for any amount of money. But the MMA training is fun to learn but learning how these guys think scares the hell out of me. You seriously have to have a loose screw to do this stuff.

I agree, man. Repeated blows to your head (for years & years)....... :-\
HAHA, RON.....

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2008, 09:01:55 PM »
I've yet to meet anyone "smart" in the fighting game. You have to be a moron or desperate for money to try and support yourself in that manner.
$

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2008, 09:04:54 PM »
You seriously have to have a loose screw to do this stuff.

of course, they put so much on the line (health, pride) no normal person could handle it

E
E

The Coach

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2008, 09:05:30 PM »
I've yet to meet anyone "smart" in the fighting game. You have to be a moron or desperate for money to try and support yourself in that manner.

In all fairness, Rampage makes a shitload.

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2008, 09:08:37 PM »
In all fairness, Rampage makes a shitload.

Oh I know it's very lucrative if you have skills. I'm saying you're taking years off of your [brain]life for a payout today. For some that's their way. It's not fun though.
$

The Coach

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2008, 09:10:21 PM »
Oh I know it's very lucrative if you have skills. I'm saying you're taking years off of your [brain]life for a payout today. For some that's their way. It's not fun though.

Yep....sometimes I have to say things 3-4 times just to get my point across..........but I do it in a nice way ;D

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2008, 09:14:05 PM »
Yep....sometimes I have to say things 3-4 times just to get my point across..........but I do it in a nice way ;D

At the boxing gym I trained at I remember this one ex pro used to spar for the fuck of it every day. When the rounds were up he was usually slobbering and slurring his words. Like he was drunk. It's sad man. I can't imagine being that desperate for cash.
$

Permabulker

• Getbig IV
  • 1*
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2008, 09:30:57 PM »
Damn....  Glad I didnt pay to see that...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2008, 09:31:14 PM »
Did you guys hear Gus Johnson after the fight, "we have to give him a mulligan" said Kimbo wasn't in the right set of mind, he didn't expect this fight...  what happened to fighting anybody any time lol...  A mulligan?  not.

Hypo

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2008, 09:56:27 PM »

I agree, man. Repeated blows to your head (for years & years)....... :-\

Rampage said it best when commentating for Pride. He said that because of the baby gloves worn, a punch to the head will result in a KO much easier than with 15 oz gloves such as in boxing. It SAVES the fighter from repeated blows to the head.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2008, 09:57:21 PM »
I thought MMA guys were supposed to be good grapplers?  ???  12 or 13 swings and the man on the ground did nothing.  No takedown, no guard, no joint lock.  

Wtf is the announcer talking about "power punches."  ::)  They didn't look to have much behind 'em.

I don't follow MMA but that looked like a fix.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2008, 10:03:24 PM »
I thought MMA guys were supposed to be good grapplers?  ???  12 or 13 swings and the man on the ground did nothing.  No takedown, no guard, no joint lock.  

Wtf is the announcer talking about "power punches."  ::)  They didn't look to have much behind 'em.

Too sloppy to be a fix. That right jab landed directly on Kimbos chin. which as we could see, is very weak. But that guy that whooped him was swinging wildly and missed 3/4's of his punches, but Kimbo did nothing to defend himself, he just layed there with his arms up in the air getting punched in the face.

Fuck him, he's finished.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2008, 10:03:25 PM »

never know until you're on the receiving end
I am a big baby

Hypo

• Getbig III