Author Topic: Rapist spared, victim lashed... WTF Bangladesh?  (Read 12607 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: Rapist spared, victim lashed... WTF Bangladesh?
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2010, 01:55:43 AM »
Berzerk, I'm sure you know we all agree these events are despicable to the say the least.

The only part we don't agree on is how you present the events.  You are implying as though the majority of Muslims support this.  In actuality, a small group of corrupt, armed militants were in control of that area of Somalia against the will of the people.  The articles I read had the locals who attended telling media sources how awful the event was and how they were in disagreement with it, but feared for their lives from the armed militants even for expressing their disagreement to media sources.  It was likely members of the same militant group in power who conducted the rape and then executed this mock trial to put fear in hearts of the people for trying to report their crimes.  Many more rapes have been unreported by people fearful of these warlords and their militias.  
So why don't the majority of Muslims not only condemn these acts, but either outlaw or severely punish those who commit them?  Is it because the small corrupt few hold a lot of power and influence. Silence about such things only shows to those that commit such acts, that they are condoned by the society at large.

Chances are that the father knew she was raped, and married her off in hopes that the child would be thought of as her husband's. I find it sad that horses and dogs get better treatment that women, and think about what that woman must feel like. She is being doublely punished for being a woman and being raped.
I firmly beleive that one of the main reasons why the men in such circumstances are not punished, is because that it goes against the status quo of men having ultimate authority and against their ego. If fault can be put on the man, then it upsets the balance (unbalance that is) of what a man do in his house, village, country and what a woman can do as well.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2010, 01:58:49 AM »
What a bunch of f*cked up animals.... savages.

X2

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2010, 02:04:06 AM »
So why don't the majority of Muslims not only condemn these acts, but either outlaw or severely punish those who commit them?  Is it because the small corrupt few hold a lot of power and influence. Silence about such things only shows to those that commit such acts, that they are condoned by the society at large.

Chances are that the father knew she was raped, and married her off in hopes that the child would be thought of as her husband's. I find it sad that horses and dogs get better treatment that women, and think about what that woman must feel like. She is being doublely punished for being a woman and being raped.
I firmly beleive that one of the main reasons why the men in such circumstances are not punished, is because that it goes against the status quo of men having ultimate authority and against their ego. If fault can be put on the man, then it upsets the balance (unbalance that is) of what a man do in his house, village, country and what a woman can do as well.

Because islam is not exactly a religion of peace. You don't hear of Hindus or buddhists....or even Christians creating the type of havoc muslims do

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2010, 02:22:56 AM »
Nuke the motherfuckers. 

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2010, 02:26:16 AM »
Pot meet kettle. No one is crying over the dead girl. I was merely bringing my view into discussion by posting a story that the mainstream media did not. Thank you for telling me what I was doing with that post. Shame on me for thinking I knew what I was doing.

Let's face it. You're a terrible troll who has a massive hard-on for Americans (which I attribute to your inferiority complex) and who thinks he's in the know despite the fact that he logs about 10 hours a day trolling a forum dedicated to people's physical appearances. You keep fighting the good fight, soldier.  ::)

Nothing in your post was true.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2010, 02:29:51 AM »
Anyone remember this song from the Stormtroopers of Death?

Fuck the middle east
There's too many problems
They just get in the way
We sure could live without them
They hijack our planes
They raise our oil prices
We'll kill them all and have a ball
And end their fuckin' crisis
BEIRUT, LEBANON-Won't exist once we're done
LIBYA, IRAN-We'll flush the bastards down the can
SYRIANS and SHIITES-Crush their faces with our might
Then Israel and Egypt can live in peace without these dicks

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2010, 05:15:53 AM »
Wrong country Gracie.  He would have gotten a gasoline with tires, knives n bullets after or nice offiers. 

8)

nothing wrong with that, saved time and taxpayers money.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2010, 08:44:44 AM »
This stuff is common

Honor killings aren't limited to uneducated villagers. Plenty of middle class muslims have engaged in it as well.

As well as middle class Hindus, Sikhs, and other religions that are followed in certain third world countries that share the same culture as the Muslims you're referring to.  Honor attacks are a cultural problem, not religious.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2010, 09:01:12 AM »
Anyone remember this song from the Stormtroopers of Death?

Fuck the middle east
There's too many problems
They just get in the way
We sure could live without them
They hijack our planes
They raise our oil prices
We'll kill them all and have a ball
And end their fuckin' crisis
BEIRUT, LEBANON-Won't exist once we're done
LIBYA, IRAN-We'll flush the bastards down the can
SYRIANS and SHIITES-Crush their faces with our might
Then Israel and Egypt can live in peace without these dicks

Awesome lyrics.  ::)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2010, 09:06:42 AM »
Nothing in your post was true.

Sure it was. Feel free to move along, insecure Eurotrash gimmick.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2010, 09:09:46 AM »
Sure it was. Feel free to move along, insecure Eurotrash gimmick.

Please explain how I'm insecure.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2010, 09:11:34 AM »
Please explain how I'm insecure.

Your obsession with all things American leads me to conclude that you have a massive inferiority complex. Your posting history only confirms it.

But feel free to carry on. Try as you might, you'll continue to be one of the most boring posters on here.  :-\

jesusbod

• Getbig IV
  • Bite Me!
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2010, 09:12:19 AM »
This is surprising? This sort of thing happens every day under Sharia Law. In 2008 a 13 year old Somali girl was stoned to death in front of 1,000 people in a stadium because she reported to police that she had been gang-raped. She begged for her life of course but that didn't matter. This concept of punishing rape victims is Islam at its very core.

Sharia Law requires FOUR men to be present at the rape for a man to even stand a chance of being convicted. Good luck with that.  ::)

Just goes to show you the ass backward way of thinking in un-civilized countries...

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2010, 09:14:05 AM »
Your obsession with all things American leads me to conclude that you have a massive inferiority complex. Your posting history only confirms it.

But feel free to carry on. Try as you might, you'll continue to be one of the most boring posters on here.  :-\

I never mentioned USA in this thread.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2010, 09:16:44 AM »
I never mentioned USA in this thread.

I'm just lumping 99.99% of your posts into one general assessment. Congratulations for breaking out of your boring mold for once.

You're still playing that "holier than thou" card most of the Eurotrash on here are so fond of.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2010, 09:23:58 AM »
You're still playing that "holier than thou" card most of the Eurotrash on here are so fond of.

So what did you do? Oh yeah you came here and accused a different culture of being evil and perverted.  ::)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2010, 09:38:27 AM »
This is surprising? This sort of thing happens every day under Sharia Law. In 2008 a 13 year old Somali girl was stoned to death in front of 1,000 people in a stadium because she reported to police that she had been gang-raped. She begged for her life of course but that didn't matter. This concept of punishing rape victims is Islam at its very core.

Sharia Law requires FOUR men to be present at the rape for a man to even stand a chance of being convicted. Good luck with that.  ::)

QFT.....islam is a cancer to society in every way.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2010, 09:47:27 AM »
So what did you do? Oh yeah you came here and accused a different culture of being evil and perverted.  ::)

All I did was post a story, Mr. Muslim. I'm sorry that you took offense to that.  ::)

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2010, 09:52:57 AM »

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2010, 10:04:56 AM »
BerzerkFury once again owning the camel fuckers.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2010, 10:06:36 AM »
you dont want to know what happens in name of that stupid religion

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2010, 10:17:46 AM »
This has nothing to do with Islam.

Basically the guy got angry and felt "cheated" because he only found out later that his wife was not a virgin, and the girl's village "leaders" felt embarassed that they "let down" the guy's village (third world villager mentality).  They also may be dependant on the guy's village for resources, business relationships, etc. and felt they had to do something to show the the guy's village solidarity. 

It's f'ed up, and I hope the villagers who took part in the lashes get punished by actual Bangladesh authorities (as well as the rapist), but the cause of this is the backwards culture, not religion.
Um, yeah it does. Islam and specifically sharia is the instrument that is used to mete out and justify/defend such 'punishments.' It has been particularly notable following the fatwa issued by Khomenei in, what, '89, '90? That was a watershed where you saw scriptural adherence morph into a clarion call for real-world violence. That fatwa was an open call to any Muslim around the world to kill Rushdie in the name of Muslim righteousness and retake the honor that he had bespoiled with his book. The X-Mas 'underwear bomber' is latest example.   

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2010, 10:23:15 AM »
Um, yeah it does. Islam and specifically sharia is the instrument that is used to mete out and justify/defend such 'punishments.' It has been particularly notable following the fatwa issued by Khomenei in, what, '89, '90? That was a watershed where you saw scriptural adherence morph into a clarion call for real-world violence. That fatwa was an open call to any Muslim around the world to kill Rushdie in the name of Muslim righteousness and retake the honor that he had bespoiled with his book. The X-Mas 'underwear bomber' is latest example.   

90% of Muslims will agree that Khomenei is not qualified to issue fatwas, and 99.9% (at least) will agree that the individuals who issued the "fatwas" for the punishment of the two girls in this thread are not qualified either.  Just because these groups claim to be Islamic authorities and use Islam to justify their crimes does not make the religion to blame, it makes the individuals (and their few supporters) to blame.  Similar examples can be found of people abusing other religions by using them to justify their own evils.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2010, 10:26:31 AM »
islam is the greatest cancer the world has ever known.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2010, 10:27:29 AM »
That Rushdie has issued his own Fatwa: that ugly, fat, short, balding men, with eye problems everywhere should date tall, beautiful women, who make him look like Quasimodo in contrast. And he has riding on that one book, Satanic Verses, for a long time...that is all he's known for.