Author Topic: LeBron's Image  (Read 177081 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: LeBron's Image
« Reply #250 on: June 17, 2021, 04:08:43 PM »
doesn't he lead in jersey sales?

E

I don't know, but wouldn't surprise me.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #251 on: June 21, 2021, 06:21:51 PM »
The Suns look like a championship team.  My first extended look at Devin Booker.  That kid is really good.  I wish LeBron had Booker's killer instinct. 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #252 on: June 21, 2021, 07:56:41 PM »
The Suns look like a championship team.  My first extended look at Devin Booker.  That kid is really good.  I wish LeBron had Booker's killer instinct.

so devin booker is better than lebron ???

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #253 on: June 22, 2021, 06:32:09 PM »
so devin booker is better than lebron ???

E

?  I said LeBron doesn't have Booker's killer instinct.  That doesn't mean Booker is a better overall player.  Yet. 

What has been become very clear to me now that I've watched pretty much every game LeBron has played since joining LA is he does not have that Jordan/Kobe assassin mentality.  He's not clutch.  He doesn't take over games late in the fourth.  He's afraid to use his strength (getting to the rim) late in games, often either dishing or shooting pull-up/fadeaway jumpers.

Regarding Booker, if you haven't watched him play in these playoffs, you should.  That kid is the real deal. 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #254 on: June 22, 2021, 08:08:55 PM »
he's no lebron and he never will be, only jordan has an argument to be better than jordan

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #255 on: June 22, 2021, 09:01:54 PM »
he's no lebron and he never will be, only jordan has an argument to be better than jordan

E

I didn't call him LeBron.  I don't know if he will ever be better, but it's silly to try and compare them when LeBron has played 18 years and Booker has played 6.  We'll see how Booker's career goes, but he's a terrific player.  I had never watched him play more than the times he played against LA before these playoffs.  I knew about him scoring a lot of points, but never paid attention, other than when he played LA.  He's really good. 

But the only I point I made about Booker versus LeBron is that LeBron doesn't have Booker's killer instinct.  Not exactly breaking news that LeBron lacks a killer instinct and does not have the clutch gene. 

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #256 on: June 25, 2021, 01:08:32 AM »
Is there any chance that my Pistons don't draft Cade Cunningham?  What are your thoughts on this lad?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #257 on: June 25, 2021, 01:24:01 AM »
Is there any chance that my Pistons don't draft Cade Cunningham?  What are your thoughts on this lad?

Haven't followed him so I don't have an informed opinion.  Looks like the talking heads have him as the consensus top pick.  What do you think about him?

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #258 on: June 25, 2021, 02:42:54 PM »
I didn't call him LeBron.  I don't know if he will ever be better, but it's silly to try and compare them when LeBron has played 18 years and Booker has played 6.  We'll see how Booker's career goes, but he's a terrific player.  I had never watched him play more than the times he played against LA before these playoffs.  I knew about him scoring a lot of points, but never paid attention, other than when he played LA.  He's really good. 

But the only I point I made about Booker versus LeBron is that LeBron doesn't have Booker's killer instinct.  Not exactly breaking news that LeBron lacks a killer instinct and does not have the clutch gene.

lol so how many titles or finals appearances with bad teams does a guy need to have the "clutch gene"?

E
E

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #259 on: June 25, 2021, 03:30:21 PM »
Haven't followed him so I don't have an informed opinion.  Looks like the talking heads have him as the consensus top pick.  What do you think about him?

Just starting my research.  He's a huge point guard.  6'8 230 and I like that he has a year of college ball under his belt.  He's only 19.  People are raving about him being the best player in a very good draft.  I think they have to take him.  Gotta look up his free throw %.  Certainly don't want another Ben Simmons.  With last years draft, Jerami Grant and this kid I should have relevant basketball to watch this year in the form of the Pistons.  Plus, Troy Weaver may very well add some additional talent and Dwayne Casey is a very good coach. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #260 on: June 25, 2021, 10:09:51 PM »
lol so how many titles or finals appearances with bad teams does a guy need to have the "clutch gene"?

E

None. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #261 on: June 25, 2021, 10:16:37 PM »

Just starting my research.  He's a huge point guard.  6'8 230 and I like that he has a year of college ball under his belt.  He's only 19.  People are raving about him being the best player in a very good draft.  I think they have to take him.  Gotta look up his free throw %.  Certainly don't want another Ben Simmons.  With last years draft, Jerami Grant and this kid I should have relevant basketball to watch this year in the form of the Pistons.  Plus, Troy Weaver may very well add some additional talent and Dwayne Casey is a very good coach.

Cool.  Simmons is great if he's in the right system.  But he suffers from that lack of work ethic that plagues todays players.  Magic couldn't shoot when he came into the league.  Thousands of jumpers later, he could knock them down.  Jason Kidd was the same way (they called him "ayson" because he had no J).  Numerous other stories like that.  Kids today don't invest the time.  Their fundamentals suck.  I mean how hard can it be to spend a few hours in the gym every day shooting free throws when you make seven or eight figures a year for a part time job?  I heard someone say Simmons' FT percent was lower than Shaq.  Embarrassing.

In any event, good luck to your Pistons.  They are due.  I'll never forget the Bad Boys, the Jordan Rules, how I always wished I could punch Bill Laimbeer in the face, and how the Pistons stole a championship from my Lakers due to injury.  lol   :)

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #262 on: June 30, 2021, 08:58:56 PM »
Cool.  Simmons is great if he's in the right system.  But he suffers from that lack of work ethic that plagues todays players.  Magic couldn't shoot when he came into the league.  Thousands of jumpers later, he could knock them down.  Jason Kidd was the same way (they called him "ayson" because he had no J).  Numerous other stories like that.  Kids today don't invest the time.  Their fundamentals suck.  I mean how hard can it be to spend a few hours in the gym every day shooting free throws when you make seven or eight figures a year for a part time job?  I heard someone say Simmons' FT percent was lower than Shaq.  Embarrassing.

In any event, good luck to your Pistons.  They are due.  I'll never forget the Bad Boys, the Jordan Rules, how I always wished I could punch Bill Laimbeer in the face, and how the Pistons stole a championship from my Lakers due to injury.  lol   :)

The stolen championship due to an injury was karma.  The Lakers stole one the year before thanks to an injury.  That being said, we swept the Lakers 4-0 where as the year before it was down to game 7.  I think my Pistons have the better argument for having lost a championship to an injury.   ;D

Back to the modern era, I am elated the Suns closed out the Clippers.  I cannot stand Kawhi Leonard.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #263 on: June 30, 2021, 09:29:25 PM »
The stolen championship due to an injury was karma.  The Lakers stole one the year before thanks to an injury.  That being said, we swept the Lakers 4-0 where as the year before it was down to game 7.  I think my Pistons have the better argument for having lost a championship to an injury.   ;D

Back to the modern era, I am elated the Suns closed out the Clippers.  I cannot stand Kawhi Leonard.

I agree about the Suns, Clippers, and Leonard.  Feel the same way about Paul George.  This is the Suns championship to lose at this point, especially with injuries to the Bucks and Hawks best players. 

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #264 on: June 30, 2021, 10:53:54 PM »
I agree about the Suns, Clippers, and Leonard.  Feel the same way about Paul George.  This is the Suns championship to lose at this point, especially with injuries to the Bucks and Hawks best players.

I liked Paul George better when he was with Indiana.  He did redeem himself a little in my eyes by some of the huge games he had this series.  If the Suns lose to either Milwaukee or Atlanta, they should feel ashamed.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #265 on: July 01, 2021, 04:45:26 PM »
I liked Paul George better when he was with Indiana.  He did redeem himself a little in my eyes by some of the huge games he had this series.  If the Suns lose to either Milwaukee or Atlanta, they should feel ashamed.

Paul George was stupid to spurn the Lakers.  He was mad because they didn't mortgage the future to trade for him and instead waited till he became a free agent.  Pretty dumb. 

Yes he was balling in the Suns series. 

Given all the injuries, I would say if the Suns stay healthy and lose in the Finals they should feel ashamed. 

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #266 on: July 04, 2021, 11:32:40 AM »
I would be very surprised if the Suns lost the series to Milwaukee.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #267 on: July 05, 2021, 12:26:20 PM »
I would be very surprised if the Suns lost the series to Milwaukee.

Me too.  The Suns have been the best team in the NBA since the second half of the regular season.  And props to Chris Paul for joining a young team and leading them to the Finals, instead following the modern trend of creating a "super team." 

That said, if he gets his ring, I would gladly welcome him back to the team he should have been playing for had the late David Stern not nixed the Pau for Paul trade.   :)

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #268 on: July 06, 2021, 10:48:26 AM »
Me too.  The Suns have been the best team in the NBA since the second half of the regular season.  And props to Chris Paul for joining a young team and leading them to the Finals, instead following the modern trend of creating a "super team." 

That said, if he gets his ring, I would gladly welcome him back to the team he should have been playing for had the late David Stern not nixed the Pau for Paul trade.   :)
Yeah, Chris Paul was the icing on the cake of a team that's been baking for a while.  For the last few years you could tell they were building something good.  They aren't going away either unless they pay Paul a mega contract and can't keep other players.  If he's smart he'll take a lesser deal and win more titles. He's got to win this one first.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #269 on: July 06, 2021, 11:10:04 AM »
Yeah, Chris Paul was the icing on the cake of a team that's been baking for a while.  For the last few years you could tell they were building something good.  They aren't going away either unless they pay Paul a mega contract and can't keep other players.  If he's smart he'll take a lesser deal and win more titles. He's got to win this one first.

Actually I think he has a better chance to win in LA.  The Lakers would have probably beaten the Suns if The Brow was healthy.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #270 on: July 06, 2021, 11:47:10 AM »
Actually I think he has a better chance to win in LA.  The Lakers would have probably beaten the Suns if The Brow was healthy.
Maybe in the past but not now.  AD is not going to become less injury prone as he gets older and Lebron is old.  I hope he doesn't go to the Lakers.  I'm tired of them just buying their team although the NBA wants them to always be relevant for ratings.  If a star stays with a smaller market team and wins titles they will be legends in that city forever unlike playing in LA and just being a Hall of Famer among a bunch of others.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #271 on: July 06, 2021, 04:03:40 PM »
I predict a noticeable drop off for Chris Paul next year.  I also predict win or lose he doesn't stay in Phoenix.  I'll further predict that without him Phoenix does not see the conference finals next year.  The Lakers need to go younger than Chris Paul or treat him like Kawhi the pussy and let him play 40 games during the regular season.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #272 on: July 06, 2021, 07:20:40 PM »
Maybe in the past but not now.  AD is not going to become less injury prone as he gets older and Lebron is old.  I hope he doesn't go to the Lakers.  I'm tired of them just buying their team although the NBA wants them to always be relevant for ratings.  If a star stays with a smaller market team and wins titles they will be legends in that city forever unlike playing in LA and just being a Hall of Famer among a bunch of others.

LA hasn't really bought a team.  They were terrible after Kobe's last championships with Pau.  They then drafted, signed LeBron, and traded almost of their young core for AD.  That's nothing like LeBron joining super teams, Durant going to GS, Hardin et al. going to NJ, etc.  I spent a lot of years watching them lose a whole of games.  Painful.   

I'm pretty selfish.  I don't care one iota about small market teams.  I only care about my Lakers.  lol

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #273 on: July 06, 2021, 07:23:02 PM »
I predict a noticeable drop off for Chris Paul next year.  I also predict win or lose he doesn't stay in Phoenix.  I'll further predict that without him Phoenix does not see the conference finals next year.  The Lakers need to go younger than Chris Paul or treat him like Kawhi the pussy and let him play 40 games during the regular season.

I would agree about the drop off if he had a game more like Russell Westbrook (relying on athleticism).  Paul isn't all that athletic.  Even if there is a drop off, I don't think it will have a big impact on his game. 

I agree younger would be better, but this is a win now league. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #274 on: July 20, 2021, 10:02:34 PM »
Big time choke job by the Suns.  Outstanding performance by the Greek Freak.