Author Topic: LeBron's Image  (Read 177067 times)

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
Re: LeBron's Image
« Reply #225 on: June 04, 2021, 05:20:37 PM »
Great discussion.

If you want to argue Jordan, Kobe, Kareem, Oscar, Bird, Duncan and maybe a few others I'm not mentioning fine.  But there just isn't any discussion about Lebron and AD.  Sorry, I have nothing more to offer. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #226 on: June 04, 2021, 05:40:18 PM »
If you want to argue Jordan, Kobe, Kareem, Oscar, Bird, Duncan and maybe a few others I'm not mentioning fine.  But there just isn't any discussion about Lebron and AD.  Sorry, I have nothing more to offer.

I am talking about today, not some career long body of work.  And you haven't offered anything but an eye roll.  But I understand.  It's difficult to have a discussion that involves film, offense, defense, range, free throws, etc. when you haven't really done any analysis. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #227 on: June 04, 2021, 05:46:39 PM »
Brutal.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #228 on: June 04, 2021, 05:46:56 PM »
I am talking about today, not some career long body of work.  And you haven't offered anything but an eye roll.  But I understand.  It's difficult to have a discussion that involves film, offense, defense, range, free throws, etc. when you haven't really done any analysis.

Today's version of Lebron is still better than whatever AD's peak has been thus far.  AD is just about done.  He's not a pussy, but he's brittle and he isn't getting any younger.
 ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #229 on: June 04, 2021, 05:54:22 PM »
Today's version of Lebron is still better than whatever AD's peak has been thus far.  AD is just about done.  He's not a pussy, but he's brittle and he isn't getting any younger.
 ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

How many Laker games did you watch last year and this year when both AD and LeBron played? 

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #230 on: June 04, 2021, 06:14:06 PM »
How many Laker games did you watch last year and this year when both AD and LeBron played?

AD is terrific when healthy.  No doubt.  I'd rather have Lebron, Harden, Giannis, Durant and Doncic than AD.  Just off the top of my head.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #231 on: June 04, 2021, 06:26:02 PM »
AD is terrific when healthy.  No doubt.  I'd rather have Lebron, Harden, Giannis, Durant and Doncic than AD.  Just off the top of my head.

I think the answer to my question is zero.  I recommend watching him play.  You'll at least have an informed opinion. 

I've been a Laker fan for my entire life.  I watch pretty much every Laker game every season, including when they stink, which has been way too often the past ten years or so. 

AD has a complete game on both ends of the floor.  He's a dominant force and there really isn't a 4 or 5 in the NBA who can guard him.  He's a game changer on defense.  Blocks shots.  Alters shots.  Steals.  Good passer.  And he has handles.  The only knock is his health.  Barkley called him "Street Clothes."  That kinda hurt.  lol   

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #232 on: June 04, 2021, 06:34:59 PM »
I think the answer to my question is zero.  I recommend watching him play.  You'll at least have an informed opinion. 

I've been a Laker fan for my entire life.  I watch pretty much every Laker game every season, including when they stink, which has been way too often the past ten years or so. 

AD has a complete game on both ends of the floor.  He's a dominant force and there really isn't a 4 or 5 in the NBA who can guard him.  He's a game changer on defense.  Blocks shots.  Alters shots.  Steals.  Good passer.  And he has handles.  The only knock is his health.  Barkley called him "Street Clothes."  That kinda hurt.  lol

You are correct in that I didn't answer your question.  You are incorrect in your assumption.  I don't know how many Laker games I watched this year but it was more than a few.  My opinion is informed (your snarky tone wasn't lost on me) and you will not find any credible basketball person who thinks he's better than Lebron. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #233 on: June 04, 2021, 06:42:22 PM »
You are correct in that I didn't answer your question.  You are incorrect in your assumption.  I don't know how many Laker games I watched this year but it was more than a few.  My opinion is informed (your snarky tone wasn't lost on me) and you will not find any credible basketball person who thinks he's better than Lebron.

Snarky.  I like that word.   :)  Hard to read tone in writing, but nothing snarky about my comment.  Just stating a fact:  if you actually watch him play you'll have a more informed opinion, regardless of what that opinion is.  I'm not trying to get you to agree with me.  I don't care.  I never try to get people to change their minds about anything.  That's not how human nature works.  I just try and get people to think. 

I haven't surveyed what "credible basketball persons" think about LeBron versus AD, but again I really don't care what anyone else thinks.  I trust my own judgment and my own eyes. 

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #234 on: June 04, 2021, 06:49:40 PM »
Snarky.  I like that word.   :)  Hard to read tone in writing, but nothing snarky about my comment.  Just stating a fact:  if you actually watch him play you'll have a more informed opinion, regardless of what that opinion is.  I'm not trying to get you to agree with me.  I don't care.  I never try to get people to change their minds about anything.  That's not how human nature works.  I just try and get people to think. 

I haven't surveyed what "credible basketball persons" think about LeBron versus AD, but again I really don't care what anyone else thinks.  I trust my own judgment and my own eyes.

Fair enough.  Snarky is a good word though, isn't it.  I think AD is terrific on that we agree even though I already know you don't care if I or anyone agree with you.  LOL.  I just think Lebron is one of the 3 greatest players of all time.  What is AD's contract situation?  Is he a free agent?  If LA were to resign him, they'd better get another stud to go along with him given that AD seems to be injury prone.  All this being said, I wanted LA to win another championship.  They were rolling before injuries set in.  I want the Clippers to lose tonight.  I don't like Kawhi Leonard at all. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #235 on: June 04, 2021, 07:00:40 PM »
Fair enough.  Snarky is a good word though, isn't it.  I think AD is terrific on that we agree even though I already know you don't care if I or anyone agree with you.  LOL.  I just think Lebron is one of the 3 greatest players of all time.  What is AD's contract situation?  Is he a free agent?  If LA were to resign him, they'd better get another stud to go along with him given that AD seems to be injury prone.  All this being said, I wanted LA to win another championship.  They were rolling before injuries set in.  I want the Clippers to lose tonight.  I don't like Kawhi Leonard at all.

AD just signed a 5 year contract.  He's not going anywhere.  With their cap situation, LA has to either get LeBron to take a pay cut or again sign some minimum contract veterans.  Overall, if they get healthy and sign a shooter or two they should be fine. 

I was saying for the entire second half of the season that they didn't look like a championship team.  Injuries and new players killed their chance of developing on-the-court chemistry.  Their starting five in the playoffs only had a handful of starts together.  Not surprised at all that they lost.  But gotta give props to Monty Williams and the Suns.  Their improvement from last year to this year was amazing.  And they outplayed LA. 

I hate the Clippers and I don't like Kawhi either, especially after he punked the Lakers in free agency a couple years ago.  lol  I hope they lose to Dallas too. 

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #236 on: June 04, 2021, 07:14:23 PM »
Suns are a nice looking team and adding Chris Paul was huge.  He is so fucking good.  Think he'll end up on the Lakers next year?  Aren't him and Lebron pals?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #237 on: June 04, 2021, 07:20:48 PM »
Suns are a nice looking team and adding Chris Paul was huge.  He is so fucking good.  Think he'll end up on the Lakers next year?  Aren't him and Lebron pals?

They are really close.  Paul is LBJ Jr.s godfather.  Paul is under contract with the Suns next year, so I don't see him in LA.  The Suns would have to cut him or trade him and I doubt they trade him within the division, if at all. 

What I'm really watching is the Dame situation is Portland and Steph Curry having one year left on his contract.  If LA gets either one of those assassins they will be back in the Finals IMO.  Subject to injuries of course.   

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #238 on: June 04, 2021, 07:59:32 PM »
They are really close.  Paul is LBJ Jr.s godfather.  Paul is under contract with the Suns next year, so I don't see him in LA.  The Suns would have to cut him or trade him and I doubt they trade him within the division, if at all. 

What I'm really watching is the Dame situation is Portland and Steph Curry having one year left on his contract.  If LA gets either one of those assassins they will be back in the Finals IMO.  Subject to injuries of course.

I agree.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #239 on: June 04, 2021, 10:10:18 PM »
I agree.

Now look at that.  We both let our guard down, had a discussion, and actually agreed with each other.   :)

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #240 on: June 04, 2021, 11:16:51 PM »
Now look at that.  We both let our guard down, had a discussion, and actually agreed with each other.   :)

Crazy, isn't it. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #241 on: June 07, 2021, 09:47:40 PM »
LeBron James now most hated player in NBA, study finds
By Victor Morton - The Washington Times - Monday, June 7, 2021
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/jun/7/lebron-james-most-hated-player-nba-study-finds/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #242 on: June 09, 2021, 09:21:14 PM »
Trying to stay relevant. 

LeBron James set to change Lakers jersey number after release of upcoming Space Jam movie, per report
James last wore No. 6 when he was with the Miami Heat in 2014
By Jasmyn Wimbish
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/lebron-james-set-to-change-lakers-jersey-number-after-release-of-upcoming-space-jam-movie-per-report/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #243 on: June 10, 2021, 08:47:34 PM »

You might have spoke this into existence.   :)

Suns' Chris Paul wants another big contract, but would it be smarter to opt in for $44.2 million next season?
Paul reportedly intends to decline his $44.2M player option and test free agency
By Brad Botkin
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/suns-chris-paul-wants-another-big-contract-but-would-it-be-smarter-to-opt-in-for-44-2-million-next-season/

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #244 on: June 10, 2021, 09:47:19 PM »
You might have spoke this into existence.   :)

Suns' Chris Paul wants another big contract, but would it be smarter to opt in for $44.2 million next season?
Paul reportedly intends to decline his $44.2M player option and test free agency
By Brad Botkin
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/suns-chris-paul-wants-another-big-contract-but-would-it-be-smarter-to-opt-in-for-44-2-million-next-season/

I sure hope so.  Although I do like the Suns with him.  I've never liked Chris Paul until the past couple years.  Always knew he was really good just thought he was a sneaky prick.  He's approaching elite company in NBA point guard history. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #245 on: June 10, 2021, 10:14:07 PM »
I sure hope so.  Although I do like the Suns with him.  I've never liked Chris Paul until the past couple years.  Always knew he was really good just thought he was a sneaky prick.  He's approaching elite company in NBA point guard history.

Yeah I agree.  He is old though. 

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #246 on: June 10, 2021, 11:24:35 PM »
Yeah I agree.  He is old though.

Him and Lebron both are certainly up there.  With Chris Paul being undersized, when he slips it will be fast.  I look at Isiah Thomas and Allen Iverson.  Both were All Stars one season and finished the next. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #247 on: June 11, 2021, 06:59:51 PM »
Him and Lebron both are certainly up there.  With Chris Paul being undersized, when he slips it will be fast.  I look at Isiah Thomas and Allen Iverson.  Both were All Stars one season and finished the next.

I'm thinking he can play a little longer because his game doesn't really rely on his athleticism.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #248 on: June 14, 2021, 04:09:32 PM »
Chris Paul was on fire.  That Suns team is playing the best basketball in the playoffs.  I didn't realize this, but I heard someone say they actually had the best record in the NBA the second half of the season.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #249 on: June 16, 2021, 02:19:05 PM »
LeBron James now most hated player in NBA, study finds
By Victor Morton - The Washington Times - Monday, June 7, 2021
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/jun/7/lebron-james-most-hated-player-nba-study-finds/

doesn't he lead in jersey sales?

E
E