Author Topic: Gsp vs. nick diaz set for october  (Read 16940 times)

Dreadlifter

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Gsp vs. nick diaz set for october
« Reply #100 on: June 04, 2011, 03:08:40 PM »
I think it'll be an interesting fight. Diaz is an amusing personality, but he has a face i'd never tire of punching.

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #101 on: June 05, 2011, 12:25:02 PM »
I think it'll be an interesting fight. Diaz is an amusing personality, but he has a face i'd never tire of punching.

Yeah cos youd be able to land loads of punches on him from your keyboard......

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #102 on: June 06, 2011, 09:01:26 AM »
Yeah cos youd be able to land loads of punches on him from your keyboard......

lol.  That's funny.  I am looking forward to his post fight rant about how GSP wouldn't fight him.  He just laid on him.

What's going to happen to the StrikeForce belt?  Not that it matters, but will the titles be united?
w

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #103 on: June 06, 2011, 09:11:55 AM »
GSP is not even worth watching anymore, the guy should have his earnings cut by Dana White, for the last 5 fights he's gone the exact same route, the safe route.. that's not how a champion fights, in my opinion he's become a complete loser in the cage, afraid to do anything but jab from the outside and the occasional takedown , he plays it so safe that he's become the most boring fighter in the UFC. 5 rounds of the same shit everytime, and then he has the nerve to apologize to t he fans EVERY FUCKING TIME and he says the exact same shit 'Oh I am sorrreee to my fans for putting on such a boring fight'  all you can expect from him anymore is 5 round decision.

Hmmmm....in his last few fights, GSP has finished BJ Penn, finished Matt Serra, demolished Fitch and demolished Koscheck.  Koscheck still can't fight because the left side of his face is still numb.  I do agree that the Dan Hardy & Jake Shields fights were not the most exciting.  But it's not GSP's fault.  He has the belt and those guys want it.  It's up to them to go in there an take it.  Why should GSP risk everything just so that you can be entertained?  It's no different from when Anderson fought Leites.  Leited flopped to the ground every time Anderson came at him.  And, Anderson wouldn't go down there with him.  If Leites wanted the belt, he needed to get in there and take it. 

The bottom line is that there is not a single man at 170 that can even come close to beating GSP.  Not a single one.  He is that much further ahead than everyone else. 
w

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #104 on: June 06, 2011, 10:55:41 AM »
Hmmmm....in his last few fights, GSP has finished BJ Penn, finished Matt Serra, demolished Fitch and demolished Koscheck.  Koscheck still can't fight because the left side of his face is still numb.  I do agree that the Dan Hardy & Jake Shields fights were not the most exciting.  But it's not GSP's fault.  He has the belt and those guys want it.  It's up to them to go in there an take it.  Why should GSP risk everything just so that you can be entertained?  It's no different from when Anderson fought Leites.  Leited flopped to the ground every time Anderson came at him.  And, Anderson wouldn't go down there with him.  If Leites wanted the belt, he needed to get in there and take it. 

The bottom line is that there is not a single man at 170 that can even come close to beating GSP.  Not a single one.  He is that much further ahead than everyone else. 

Demolished doesn't equal finished.  I want a KO, or a TKO by GSP.  He NEVER does that.  He is totally boring to watch.  In fact, i'm starting to resent him for not trying to finish fights and just playing defense for a win. 

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #105 on: June 06, 2011, 12:32:23 PM »
Demolished doesn't equal finished.  I want a KO, or a TKO by GSP.  He NEVER does that.  He is totally boring to watch.  In fact, i'm starting to resent him for not trying to finish fights and just playing defense for a win. 

He is fighting the best of the best!  Guys that are next to impossible to finish.  How many people have finished Fitch?  How many have finished Shields?  No body!  And, GSP has plenty of finishes.  58% of his wins are finishes.

Stop hating :)  lol
w

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #106 on: June 06, 2011, 12:34:29 PM »
You make a good point Spin.

I just hate that it seems as though he could indeed finish fights but is too defensive to, for the sake of not losing. 

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #107 on: June 06, 2011, 12:42:10 PM »

Look at how hard he tried to finish Fitch...
w

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #108 on: June 06, 2011, 12:46:35 PM »
Does this look like he's not trying to finish?  This fight should have been stopped...

w

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #109 on: June 06, 2011, 01:20:17 PM »
Koz and Fitch are warriors indeed.  Those are definitely tough for any fighter to finish.

But look at his record.  He should've and probably could've finished many more fighters.

Maybe he needs to hit the weights a little and develop better power. IDK.  Just sick of GSP.  Looking to see a match up with Marquartd in the future.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #110 on: June 06, 2011, 02:07:01 PM »
My problem with GSP is he goes 50%, he never goes all in, or even close to 100% he always does the pussy thing and waits out for a decision with lame ass jabs and a take down every once in a w hile, I think it's become a pre-programmed pattern for him, jab jab jab, cross, jab jab , move left to right , jab jab, takedown

Someone needs to light a fire under his ass, or get his pussy ass to step up to 185 where it's obvious he'll get killed.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #111 on: June 06, 2011, 02:34:32 PM »
My problem with GSP is he goes 50%, he never goes all in, or even close to 100% he always does the pussy thing and waits out for a decision with lame ass jabs and a take down every once in a w hile, I think it's become a pre-programmed pattern for him, jab jab jab, cross, jab jab , move left to right , jab jab, takedown

Someone needs to light a fire under his ass, or get his pussy ass to step up to 185 where it's obvious he'll get killed.

your math is way off, read your own post
He goes 50% and slaughters the best there is in the 170, but it's obvious he will get killed in 185
This is the biggest contradiction I have ever heard. Someone that give 50% and cleans out a division would obviosly not get killed in the 185....reality, he would probably clean house there too with the exception of silva

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #112 on: June 06, 2011, 04:25:10 PM »
He goes 50% and slaughters the best there is in the 170, but it's obvious he will get killed in 185
This is the biggest contradiction I have ever heard. Someone that give 50% and cleans out a division would obviosly not get killed in the 185....reality, he would probably clean house there too with the exception of silva

Boom!
w

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #113 on: June 07, 2011, 11:38:40 AM »
lol.  That's funny.  I am looking forward to his post fight rant about how GSP wouldn't fight him.  He just laid on him.

What's going to happen to the StrikeForce belt?  Not that it matters, but will the titles be united?

Good point bro.Im curious about all this as well.Its all a bit confusing to me as to how the belts are going to work ???

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #114 on: June 07, 2011, 06:08:54 PM »

Damn right, he fights anyone bigger and tougher than him he'll get killed. Anderson and Sonnen would murder GSP and turn his face into burger meat, after they break his fragile spirit.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #115 on: June 08, 2011, 09:49:59 AM »

You're wrong, most of the 185 guys have vicious knockout power (Henderson, Wanderlei, Bisping, etc)
something GSP has never had nor will ever have, he hits about as hard as a mosquito

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #116 on: June 08, 2011, 01:07:20 PM »
Damn right, he fights anyone bigger and tougher than him he'll get killed. Anderson and Sonnen would murder GSP and turn his face into burger meat, after they break his fragile spirit.

What are you on about exactly? 'bigger and tougher then him'  ::) Isnt it kind of obvious anyone bigger and tougher than a guy would beat you up? FFS ::)

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #117 on: June 08, 2011, 08:32:25 PM »
You're wrong, most of the 185 guys have vicious knockout power (Henderson, Wanderlei, Bisping, etc)
something GSP has never had nor will ever have, he hits about as hard as a mosquito

GSP has finished plenty of guys with big KO power. But what does that matter anyway. They can't get to him. He DOMINATES!  At 185, GSP would walk through most of the division. It's the weakest division in the UFC.
w

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #118 on: June 08, 2011, 09:10:46 PM »
GSP has finished plenty of guys with big KO power. But what does that matter anyway. They can't get to him. He DOMINATES!  At 185, GSP would walk through most of the division. It's the weakest division in the UFC.

I think George would carry 185 and not skip a beat physically,and while I think Anderson would punish him standing up,Sonnen and Stan would be interesting fights for the obvious two different reason (Sonnen on the ground and Stann's stand up)

other than that it's a pretty shallow division for George !

jedibrat

• Getbig III
« Reply #119 on: July 05, 2011, 02:22:07 AM »

I used to think the same, but i figure he's just learnt to pace himself and be methodical rather than take risks and make himself vulnerable. I still remember the matt hughes fight where he went for a kimora and matt switched into a devestating armbar sub. After the fight gsp was all "i don't know why i tried for it - we didn't practice that in training.". Not denying it makes for dull fights, just that gsp wants to be exciting, but he also wants to win. The guy might be the first president of the disunified franco-canadian republic if he spends long enough in the spotlight.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #120 on: July 05, 2011, 02:51:05 PM »

!

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #121 on: July 05, 2011, 09:25:27 PM »

LOL, WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK WE'RE PAYING $70 A PAY PER VIEW FOR !?!? for him to constantly
get half assed wins by decision?!? are you fucking all there man, our ppv buys pays his salary so he can like in a nice mansion and drive a ferrarri, hell yeah  I expect him to give it ALL

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #122 on: July 06, 2011, 07:41:14 AM »
LOL, WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK WE'RE PAYING $70 A PAY PER VIEW FOR !?!? for him to constantly
get half assed wins by decision?!? are you fucking all there man, our ppv buys pays his salary so he can like in a nice mansion and drive a ferrarri, hell yeah  I expect him to give it ALL

Wow.. you're getting ripped off.