Author Topic: Stim for trigger points?  (Read 10789 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Stim for trigger points?
« on: November 16, 2013, 04:01:42 AM »
Has anybody successfully used a tens unit to treat trigger points/muscle knots? Is anyone aware if this treatment is effective for such?

Montague

• Getbig V
Re: Stim for trigger points?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 06:57:58 AM »
Christ, don't everybody answer at once!

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 08:47:32 AM »
Rehab centers, sports clinics and chiropractors use this a lot. So do some acupuncturist .  Actual success with trigger points would only seem logical; as releasing the knot/blockage and allowing the natural path of the  nerves and blood flow. Those home machines are pretty cheap, though may have to be familiar with the pro's and con's of using it first. The professional models offer a better choice and range of settings I have been told. And the look cooler. The human body is a electric magnetic generator anyway, so should respond in kind.

Have had great success with acupuncture over the years for potential muscle nerve alinement/flow problems (knots). Sports massage or Rolfing can be very helpful, but be warned both hurt like hell. No pain, not gain I guess.

A good friend of mine, who is a veterinarian, uses electric methods like STIM on animals.  Haven't heard one dog or cat complain yet.  Good Luck.
F

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 09:06:22 AM »
Rehab centers, sports clinics and chiropractors use this a lot. So do some acupuncturist .  Actual success with trigger points would only seem logical; as releasing the knot/blockage and allowing the natural path of the  nerves and blood flow. Those home machines are pretty cheap, though may have to be familiar with the pro's and con's of using it first. The professional models offer a better choice and range of settings I have been told. And the look cooler. The human body is a electric magnetic generator anyway, so should respond in kind.

Have had great success with acupuncture over the years for potential muscle nerve alinement/flow problems (knots). Sports massage or Rolfing can be very helpful, but be warned both hurt like hell. No pain, not gain I guess.

A good friend of mine, who is a veterinarian, uses electric methods like STIM on animals.  Haven't heard one dog or cat complain yet.  Good Luck.

Thanks, friend!
One of the girls in my lab brought one in for me to try. While providing some temporary relief, the unit was a higher-grade one for which she actually required a Rx to purchase. I am going to look into obtaining one for myself. I'm quite curious how I may benefit from consistent use.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2014, 11:29:29 AM »
I have the doctor ho kit, lol! It works, but not for serious injuries, more to help with very minor issues, stuff that would repair on it's own. If your muscle is in real bad pain, you won't be able to withstand the little shocks..
?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2014, 11:59:08 AM »
Thanks for the input.

I actually just ordered two tens units last Thursday. One is a Christmas gift; the other is ALL MINE!!  ;)

My cousin and her husband have the same one. I've used theirs several times before and liked it a lot. I know they paid a good bit when they got it a few years ago, but the price on this model has come down a bit making a score for me!

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2014, 12:04:50 PM »
Thanks for the input.

I actually just ordered two tens units last Thursday. One is a Christmas gift; the other is ALL MINE!!  ;)

My cousin and her husband have the same one. I've used theirs several times before and liked it a lot. I know they paid a good bit when they got it a few years ago, but the price on this model has come down a bit making a score for me!

paid over $200 for mine, way back, still works so well. First thing I thought when I opened it was how cheap it looked, lol! The foot pads are pretty cool that come with it as well...

But a real tens machine has you chose the strength, frequency of which pulse you like best. That would be much better as the Dr Ho machine goes through given cycles, some are better than others all depending on your needs.

Costco had one for sale for like $70!

All the best with this, hope it works for you...
?