Author Topic: Post contest rebound  (Read 11080 times)

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
Post contest rebound
« on: April 22, 2015, 11:31:11 PM »
What is your experience with "rebound" post contest? I started hitting it heavy out of the gate. Massive amounts of food.  I'm currently 230. Biggest I've ever been. But on fat and tons of water but to really take advantage of it I feel you have to really make a surplus of carbs.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: Post contest rebound
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 04:44:37 AM »
What is your experience with "rebound" post contest? I started hitting it heavy out of the gate. Massive amounts of food.  I'm currently 230. Biggest I've ever been. But on fat and tons of water but to really take advantage of it I feel you have to really make a surplus of carbs.
this is fine ,have abs still,but eventually it will go other way if you do not keep it in check,i would find diet/eat plan that allows some leeway to eat and grow but stay somewhat lean/tight.have moderate to low carb weeks/days.see how you look at certain weights.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 10:48:24 AM »
It's a great chance to make some good gains.  Just don't get fat.  No reason to gain a bunch of fat.  If you lose sight of your abs you are eating too much.

8)

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 01:54:26 PM »
Cycling the carbs works for me when finding a sweet spot where u gain weight slowly but keep visible abs after u cut hard.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 02:20:42 PM »
Being a young fella like you are, your body is more forgiving than it is when your older or just plain old, like me. Keep your diet and weight gain within reason. Don't slack off on training. Back in the day and maybe even today, there was no real "off season" for many people, when one allowed themselves to gain a bunch of weight and get smooth. These people remain contest ready or nearly so, all year long.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2015, 06:02:35 PM »

It is mostly psychological. You've been starving your body of certain nutrients and it's trying to recover by building up a reserve in case you decide to starve again. In other cultures besides bodybuilding, it is know and Yo Yo dieting. If you look at some past bodybuilders, like Bill Pearl, they claimed to stay within 10 lbs. of contest weight by eating clean year around. This is probably healthier, but it is also darn hard to maintain.