Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 769180 times)

obsidian

• Getbig V
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #10300 on: January 28, 2024, 08:28:08 PM »
I tell you, the Big Money play is going to be Bitcoin to 200k+, gold to $1000 and then the inverse, BTC to 50k and gold to 15k. All within 2-3 years.
Gold is used in electronics / computing devices, electrical devices, dentistry, aerospace / automotive, medicine, etc. There are a lot of use cases for gold.

Sky-high gold prices would negatively affect these industries. This provides an incentive to suppress the price of gold.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #10301 on: January 28, 2024, 09:07:10 PM »
We already saw the premium to Nav close then what followed was the move for the new ETFs to fill up while Grayscale sold off and price dumped to 38k. In other words 99% were wrong about the ETF launch and we got the price suppression I warned about.

On a basis of measuring the outcome of the ETF vs predictions I’d say it’s not looking great for the 99% on future predictions of mooning.

Q4 2024 ATH then watch the total destruction unfold in 2025. Blackrock have about 50,000 BTC meanwhile Grayscale hold 550,000 BTC. Oh Lordy 🙏

Do people really think we won’t ever have a -70% drop again? The ETF brings in average Joe funds….. buyers who can’t stomach a -20% S&P drop and yet magically they turn into HoDLers to ride a -70% Bitcoin bear market for a couple of years 😂  the next bear market will absolutely suck.

To lower volatility you need greater depth of spread in holdings. The reason it does -80%+ drops is because so few hold so much. At 42k the spread sucks but at 3k we will get a way deeper spread which reduces volatility and actually makes it appealing.

Not convinced Grayscale sell off (FTX dumping GBTC) caused the 20% drop. Flows from all the ETFs vs GBTC were slightly positive through that period. It was done OTC so working off the only information we have (net inflow) ETF selling did not exceed buying.

I don't bother spending much time looking at on-chain data, but those that do did pull up data that potentially shows whales who bought at 25K back in October sold between 44k-49k and so did a lot of top buyers who mostly sold at a loss. I'm working off the theory the dump was just whales games with some good old fashion FUD thrown in. We'll know over the next few months if I'm right or wrong.

Anyway the FTX selling will help make FTX customers whole based on their Nov 22 holdings. That's $billions more finding its way back into the hands of crypto natives and potentially billions more to pump the market.

Also rumour is Charles Schwab are looking to launch a spot BTC ETF with very customer friendly fees. Don't think they'd bother if they didn't think the ETFs were a success.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10302 on: January 29, 2024, 09:04:25 AM »
As you all know I was majorly correct with my last big call in October 2023 when BTC rose from 25K to 45K in the months following my prediction that a surge was about to occur.

I am now regularly getting PM's from people wanting me to tell them other price predictions / dates etc.

I don't really like responding to individual messages on BTC to people - don't have the time, and prefer to keep it all on one thread. What it does show me though is that there are numerous lurkers who read this thread but who don't make a single comment themselves. So to you guys - don't be shy - just post your question here.

Second, it is impossible to make accurate predictions. General trends yes, (for example, we know BTC is VERY LIKELY to continuously rise over time). But the more specific the question, and the more limited the time period, the more it is hard to give a specific answer.

Having said that, here is what I expect is most likely to happen over the next few years.

1. Over the next 3 months I expect we will see volatility, (both up and down) as the halving approaches, with the price by the halving being more likely up from now, rather then down.

2. At some point, (and it could even occur before the halving - indeed it might even start to occur in the next few weeks) we will see the most beautiful trend start to emerge of almost consistently daily gains of around 1%.

So at current price, around $400 daily, and then at 50K $500 daily, and at 100K $1000 daily. This will be a beautiful phase for BTC and any Bitcoiner. Of course it won't be a perfect trend on an exact daily basis, but a nice overall trend.

Why this will occur should be obvious - basically it will be a function of BTC Hodling, combined with ETF inflows vs outflows stabilizing then the a BTC ETF flippening occurring, where inflows on a daily basis, slowly but surely, exceed net outflows...

Well its only been 3 days since my post above, but what we can already see is that Bitcoin is performing EXACTLY as I predicted.

To anyone here, not yet a wholecoiner - get to 1 coin! If you are already a wholecoiner - stack and HODL. And if you are a nocoiner - just get off zero.

One other tip (and this one is way ahead of the curve - but for anyone interested in a non-Bitcoin investment. FILECOIN. (Buy, and HODL for 10 years). I will be back in a decade to revisit this one, but again, I will only post something if I have a very good reason to do it. Having said that, let me be very clear - the mantra "Bitcoin, not crypto" is very applicable to anyone thinking that there is any other realistic alternative to Bitcoin in terms of what Bitcoin's purpose it.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10303 on: February 06, 2024, 12:39:25 PM »
Solana suffers another outage...

https://coingape.com/solana-down-whats-the-reason-behind-recurrent-outages/

Solana Down: What’s the Reason Behind Recurrent Outages

Solana Down: Solana engineers have released a new validator software release for validator operators to upgrade and restart of the Solana network after an outage for hours. All Solana-related activities including spot and derivatives trading, staking, and others have halted after Solana stopped processing blocks at 10:00 UTC on Tuesday.

Solana Release Patch For Network Restart
Solana Status in the latest post on February 6 revealed that a new validator software release, release version v1.17.20, is available for upgrade. This includes a patch to resolve the cluster issue that caused the network to halt. Engineers from across the ecosystem readied the software release. Validator operators are asked to prepare for an upgrade and restart of the network.

In an earlier post, Solana team said “Engineers from across the ecosystem are investigating an outage on mainnet-beta. The team updates the community in real time as more information becomes available.

As per Stakewiz data, Solana network start is underway as validators install the software release. Once 80% of the stake has restarted, the cluster will resume block production from slot 246464041. At the time of writing, the restart status is at 40%.

South Korea’s largest crypto exchange Upbit decided to temporarily suspend deposits and withdrawals for SOL, GMT, RAY, and ACS tokens due to the ongoing Solana network outage.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10304 on: February 06, 2024, 12:41:01 PM »
https://beincrypto.com/ethereum-name-services-partners-godaddy-ens/

Ethereum Name Services Partners With GoDaddy, ENS Surges 14%

- Ethereum Name Service (ENS) announces partnership with GoDaddy, leading to a 14% surge in ENS token value.

- GoDaddy introduces a "Crypto Wallet" section in their domain management interface, enabling seamless integration with the Web3 ecosystem.

- This collaboration marks a significant milestone in the domain name industry, pushing forward Web3 integration.

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #10305 on: February 07, 2024, 08:11:53 AM »
https://www.coindesk.com/markets/2024/02/06/blackrocks-bitcoin-etf-inflows-climb-to-fifth-highest-among-all-etfs-in-2024/

Only 17 days after its launch, the BlackRock iShares Bitcoin Trust (IBIT) has become one of the top five exchange-traded funds (ETFs) of 2024 based on inflows, according to data from Bloomberg Intelligence.
The only funds that have topped IBIT's $3.2 billion of year-to-date inflows are mammoth longstanding index ETFs from iShares and Vanguard that offer exposure to the S&P 500 or the total stock market. In the number one spot with $13 billion in inflows thus far this year is the iShares Core S&P 500 ETF (IVV), which has a whopping $428 billion in assets-under-management (AUM). Number two with $11.1 billion in inflows is the Vanguard 500 Index Fund ETF (VOO), which has nearly $398 billion in AUM.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #10306 on: February 07, 2024, 09:41:02 AM »
I would think we will be well over 100K per BTC coin by March 2024. Once the demand squeeze happens, the spike will be insane, and self-fulfilling, and very fast.

Well over 100k by March 2024, right? :D :D

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #10307 on: February 08, 2024, 03:13:11 PM »
This is freaking insane... We're flirting with all time highs on a wave one of a five wave impulse. This is freaking insane. I think this first wave one impulse is going all the way up to 55-60k and then retrace. The wave three is going to take us past 150k and the wave five, which is when most of retail are going to pile in, is going to determine whether we make it past 250k or not. Remember, the retail accounts the financial advisors are trying to convince to go into crypto are retirement accounts with 250k+ in them. Imagine 2BB dollars in buying pressure PER DAY. Like I said, 20-30k daily green candles are to be expected.

And GBTC will be sitting there waiting for the unit bias to kick in... and when it does, ohhhhh booooooyyyyyy.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10308 on: February 08, 2024, 03:17:54 PM »
This is freaking insane... We're flirting with all time highs on a wave one of a five wave impulse. This is freaking insane. I think this first wave one impulse is going all the way up to 55-60k and then retrace. The wave three is going to take us past 150k and the wave five, which is when most of retail are going to pile in, is going to determine whether we make it past 250k or not. Remember, the retail accounts the financial advisors are trying to convince to go into crypto are retirement accounts with 250k+ in them. Imagine 2BB dollars in buying pressure PER DAY. Like I said, 20-30k daily green candles are to be expected.

And GBTC will be sitting there waiting for the unit bias to kick in... and when it does, ohhhhh booooooyyyyyy.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #10309 on: February 08, 2024, 07:40:32 PM »

I don't bother spending much time looking at on-chain data, but those that do did pull up data that potentially shows whales who bought at 25K back in October sold between 44k-49k and so did a lot of top buyers who mostly sold at a loss. I'm working off the theory the dump was just whales games with some good old fashion FUD thrown in. We'll know over the next few months if I'm right or wrong.

This is already starting to look pretty accurate.

Lots of whales that sold that region hoping to buy back in the low 30s started buying back again in around 44k.

A bitfinex whale killed it though after the dump from 48. Bought like a mad man between 38-40k and didn't give a toss about slippage. That whale probably stopped the price going any lower.

ETFs still doing their thing in the background just more quietly now. Still not ruling out a macro correction though.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10310 on: February 09, 2024, 03:29:46 AM »
Well over 100k by March 2024, right? :D :D

Could be. We can't predict exact dates, but as I said earlier, once the demand squeeze happens, the spike will be insane, and self-fulfilling, and this could occur very fast."

We know for certain, the long term price of BTC has infinite upside. The shorter the time scale though, the harder it is to predict directional movement. I have said it before - just zooooooom out.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10311 on: February 09, 2024, 03:38:44 AM »
Could be. We can't predict exact dates, but as I said earlier, once the demand squeeze happens, the spike will be insane, and self-fulfilling, and this could occur very fast."

We know for certain, the long term price of BTC has infinite upside. The shorter the time scale though, the harder it is to predict directional movement. I have said it before - just zooooooom out.
I'll second that. A lot can happen in even 2 weeks. We've seen this before. Just look at previous bull runs.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #10312 on: February 09, 2024, 04:15:17 AM »
Imagine thinking about investing in crypto, being on the sidelines and seeing BTC go up 3k in hours... must be tough to not try to hit the BUY button. Then, their fears get confirmed every time there's a small (expected) pullback. BTC bull markets have this effect on people: it'll scale up, go through the roof in one to two day moves then correct and then do it all over again. All the time, retail just sits on the sidelines deadly scared of a potential collapse. By the time their reptilian brain FORCES them to act, it's already a wave 5 move and these people go "here, take my money!":

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10313 on: February 09, 2024, 04:22:24 AM »
Imagine thinking about investing in crypto, being on the sidelines and seeing BTC go up 3k in hours... must be tough to not try to hit the BUY button. Then, their fears get confirmed every time there's a small (expected) pullback. BTC bull markets have this effect on people: it'll scale up, go through the roof in one to two day moves then correct and then do it all over again. All the time, retail just sits on the sidelines deadly scared of a potential collapse. By the time their reptilian brain FORCES them to act, it's already a wave 5 move and these people go "here, take my money!":

So many people have missed out or lost money trying to time the market. And so many people have benefitted and made money simply stacking and hodling.

Bitcoin = truth = freedom + prosperity.

We stack, hodl, and collectively we thrive.

We here as GetBig Bitcoiners still have a massive advantage over much of the rest of our world in terms of having the opportunity to be early movers of wealth into BTC. And by "early mover" i mean to buy NOW. We buy at 50K, and then we hodl for 500K.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10314 on: February 11, 2024, 04:20:26 PM »
and the wave five, which is when most of retail are going to pile in, is going to determine whether we make it past 250k or not. Remember, the retail accounts the financial advisors are trying to convince to go into crypto are retirement accounts with 250k+

You’re behind the 8 ball mate. Retail already started arriving.

I like your 50k-60k numbers. I would love to see 58k BTC pre-halving.

Dorian Cutler

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10315 on: February 11, 2024, 04:50:13 PM »
I think it will go to zero

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10316 on: February 12, 2024, 05:00:40 AM »

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #10317 on: February 12, 2024, 07:03:17 AM »

There's retail who are more proactive managing their accounts. They are more or less in. Retail who prefer leaving things to account mangers are not in yet.

Newbs learnt their first lesson though. Last month 49k saw one of the biggest sell offs by people in profit and then 42k saw one of the biggest sell offs by people at a loss. All of them selling at a loss would be in profit now.

A break of 52k (ish) could see a teleport to 64/65k

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #10318 on: February 12, 2024, 07:33:50 AM »
So many people have missed out or lost money trying to time the market. And so many people have benefitted and made money simply stacking and hodling.

Bitcoin = truth = freedom + prosperity.

We stack, hodl, and collectively we thrive.

We here as GetBig Bitcoiners still have a massive advantage over much of the rest of our world in terms of having the opportunity to be early movers of wealth into BTC. And by "early mover" i mean to buy NOW. We buy at 50K, and then we hodl for 500K.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10319 on: February 12, 2024, 08:38:04 AM »
BTC just touched short of 50K. If we don't hit today, then likely tomorrow.

Again, I urge all to read my earlier post. I will only tell you what I believe will happen when its very obvious. And as you can now see, I have once again been exactly right. It is important that we all read this and understand it:

"As you all know I was majorly correct with my last big call in October 2023 when BTC rose from 25K to 45K in the months following my prediction that a surge was about to occur.

I am now regularly getting PM's from people wanting me to tell them other price predictions / dates etc.

I don't really like responding to individual messages on BTC to people - don't have the time, and prefer to keep it all on one thread. What it does show me though is that there are numerous lurkers who read this thread but who don't make a single comment themselves. So to you guys - don't be shy - just post your question here.

Second, it is impossible to make accurate predictions. General trends yes, (for example, we know BTC is VERY LIKELY to continuously rise over time). But the more specific the question, and the more limited the time period, the more it is hard to give a specific answer.

Having said that, here is what I expect is most likely to happen over the next few years.

1. Over the next 3 months I expect we will see volatility, (both up and down) as the halving approaches, with the price by the halving being more likely up from now, rather then down.

2. At some point, (and it could even occur before the halving - indeed it might even start to occur in the next few weeks) we will see the most beautiful trend start to emerge of almost consistently daily gains of around 1%.

So at current price, around $400 daily, and then at 50K $500 daily, and at 100K $1000 daily. This will be a beautiful phase for BTC and any Bitcoiner. Of course it won't be a perfect trend on an exact daily basis, but a nice overall trend.

Why this will occur should be obvious - basically it will be a function of BTC Hodling, combined with ETF inflows vs outflows stabilizing then the a BTC ETF flippening occurring, where inflows on a daily basis, slowly but surely, exceed net outflows..."

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #10320 on: February 12, 2024, 08:42:42 AM »

No.

DTCC positions have not significantly changed from earlier this year (when we were much lower).

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10321 on: February 12, 2024, 10:18:02 AM »
Just reposting another earlier post of mine, in response to people who worried "the price was falling" post BTC ETFs down past 43K. We can now, in hindsight, see that I was once again right...

In the short term we obviously see outflow from GBTC and inflows to the ETFs, and some volatility and dislocation in the process. Some sellers of GBTC are not immediately moving over into another ETF, and ETF funds will take time for the funds to come in. In the short term, we might therefore see price impact as GBTC unloads due to outflows. But all this will settle. The big picture is this is super positive, with the opportunities for fund inflows massively opened and diversified. BTC is limited in supply. Demand and inflows are poised to massively increase. And with a scarce asset that means increase in price. And that won't be immediate - it will start to happen over the next months and years and decades. We will look back at this very moment as an absolute opportunity of a lifetime in hindsight, and any little blip from 46K to 43K etc will be a rounding error on a graph zoomed out.

Massive opportunity to acquire. For anyone who is only a partial-coiner (or a no-coiner) use this time to become a whole coiner. If you are higher up on the BTC food chain, use this opportunity to move on up.

I started as a shrimp and over time evolved into a fish. Don't think I will get to Dolphin, but may just use this window of opportunity to become a slightly larger Dolphin. :)

Shrimp: less than 1 BTC
Crab: 1 to 10 BTC
Octopus: 10 to 50 BTC
Fish: 50 to 100 BTC
Dolphin: 100 to 500 BTC
Shark: 500 to 1000 BTC
Whale: >1000 BTC
Humpback: >5000 BTC

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #10322 on: February 12, 2024, 10:43:09 AM »
I think it will go to zero

I think this is unlikely but anything is possible. Do you think the US would outlaw owning bitcoin like they did once for owning gold?

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10323 on: February 12, 2024, 01:25:09 PM »
Why would outlawing it affect the price?

If anything it will push up the price further

The US govt can't outlaw bitcoin.

Can't touch it

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10324 on: February 12, 2024, 08:35:51 PM »
Why would outlawing it affect the price?

If anything it will push up the price further

The US govt can't outlaw bitcoin.

Can't touch it

Not a ban per se, The Govts are going to eliminate the on/off ramp on Domestic exchanges. So while you can still use a wallet, you can’t exit into your local banking system.

There was some things being done by uniswap and metamask which sounds like regulatory requirements but if the ramps vanish then it’s kind of pointless. As in you can’t pay tax from crypto gains if you can’t exit into the banking system because they removed the ramps. So you have no way to pay the taxes anyway.

No.

DTCC positions have not significantly changed from earlier this year (when we were much lower).

My perspective is different.

*i was in at 17.5k and nobody was around buying with me, everyone was bearish.
*At 25k everyone was bearish.
*At 32k the crowd felt 50/50.
*Once it got to 42k my 72yr old Mum called me to tell me the Bitcoin ETF was going to get approved
*At 48k this thread came back alive with sky high targets, no-coiner talk, retail hasn’t arrived etc.
*At 50k Joe Biden posts laser eyes on X