Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 768590 times)

Hypo

• Getbig III
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #2550 on: December 08, 2018, 04:00:56 PM »
Making money as a fitness youtube celebrity.

Like Bitcoin, it seems to have had its day...

The key is to get on the ponzi scheme at the beginning and get out at the peak.  How many early investors of bitcoin made a fortune?  A better question is what is the next ponzi scheme coming down the pike so I can jump on board?

This is pure Taleb, barbell investing. Small amount of money in wildly irrational investments, such as when bitcoin was at 5c.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #2551 on: December 09, 2018, 03:43:35 AM »
Like Bitcoin, it seems to have had its day...

This is pure Taleb, barbell investing. Small amount of money in wildly irrational investments, such as when bitcoin was at 5c.

I love Taleb's stuff.  I'm reading Antifragile right now.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #2552 on: December 10, 2018, 07:12:40 PM »
Fellas, aside from the finger-pointing and all the other childish stuff... Where do you see BTC going? Crypto?

My take is that cryptos have a future, just not as massive as some people think they do, like being the next gold. I'd say it's between gold and traveler's checks.

Like it or not, I don't see banks peacefully accepting their own deaths and will surely fight back soon. They will most likely force the US government to do something. I know, I know, BTC is unconfiscatable, but institutional interest, which is what everyone is waiting on, will not be there if the US government intercedes.

Is STILL sense too much bullish momentum. I think BTC is still going down, probably below 1K, and how it rebounds is what is really the key. 

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #2553 on: December 11, 2018, 06:19:29 AM »
Fellas, aside from the finger-pointing and all the other childish stuff... Where do you see BTC going? Crypto?

My take is that cryptos have a future, just not as massive as some people think they do, like being the next gold. I'd say it's between gold and traveler's checks.

Like it or not, I don't see banks peacefully accepting their own deaths and will surely fight back soon. They will most likely force the US government to do something. I know, I know, BTC is unconfiscatable, but institutional interest, which is what everyone is waiting on, will not be there if the US government intercedes.

Is STILL sense too much bullish momentum. I think BTC is still going down, probably below 1K, and how it rebounds is what is really the key. 

Governments are already interceding.  Don't kid yourself.

Why are blipcoin devotees so myopic?  Blip/crypto mania is OVER.  Let it go.   

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #2554 on: December 11, 2018, 12:36:44 PM »

If indeed bitcoin has a future we won't see it get to 20k again for another 10 or 15 years at least.

I'll be buying again at 2k and if it ever drops to 0.4k or lower I'll buy quite a bit.

It's money I'm happy to lose, but if it does peak again in 20 or 30 years I'll have a fantastic retirement fund which I can blow on hookers.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #2555 on: December 11, 2018, 01:49:37 PM »
BTC will not be around in 20 years. The tech is already obsolete now.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #2556 on: December 11, 2018, 02:19:18 PM »

Very possible, but it's the one stuck in peoples consciences and that counts for a lot.

Ethereum is the other I'll speculate on.  Hopefully one of the tech giants support Ethereum or launch a crypto so I can get in early, otherwise crypto as we know will likely dead in a few years. Well until the banks adopt some kinda blockchain, but there won't be much money to be made for us mere mortals there.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #2557 on: December 11, 2018, 05:30:29 PM »
If indeed bitcoin has a future we won't see it get to 20k again for another 10 or 15 years at least.

I'll be buying again at 2k and if it ever drops to 0.4k or lower I'll buy quite a bit.

It's money I'm happy to lose, but if it does peak again in 20 or 30 years I'll have a fantastic retirement fund which I can blow on hookers.

You need to rearrange the words “retirement fund to spend on hookers and blow”

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #2558 on: December 11, 2018, 06:52:51 PM »

Contrary to what many people think, BTC WILL be around in 20 years. However, it will be mainly be used as a means to store digital wealth.

The best of the best cryptographers have worked on this to make it safe barter, and the best hackers have tried and failed to hack into the databases.

One thing I just don't see is for it to go back to 20k, let alone 100k, for many, many years. All the crypto traders I talk to are now re-calculating their price forecasts to 15-20 years in the future (from 5-10 months).

Institutions just won't get in on it any time soon. At least until something concrete and workable comes becomes apparent and scalable.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #2559 on: December 11, 2018, 07:37:45 PM »
Contrary to what many people think, BTC WILL be around in 20 years. However, it will be mainly be used as a means to store digital wealth.

The best of the best cryptographers have worked on this to make it safe barter, and the best hackers have tried and failed to hack into the databases.

One thing I just don't see is for it to go back to 20k, let alone 100k, for many, many years. All the crypto traders I talk to are now re-calculating their price forecasts to 15-20 years in the future (from 5-10 months).

Institutions just won't get in on it any time soon. At least until something concrete and workable comes becomes apparent and scalable.

You sir are the Last of the Mohicans.

BTC

...has proven to be no store of wealth, unless you bought well under current price that is - which is pure speculative luck.

...exchanges have ALL been hacked, and that's where your money actually lives. AI will hack the backbone of BTC eventually.

...forecasting years into the future for anything tech based could only be to keep dumb money in - certainly after the initial spike to 20k. Good tech works quickly and replaces an old system in a revolutionary way.

...institutions will manipulate BTC to make sure their "concrete and workable and scalable" solution is used rather than an anonymous platform. Market cap of crypto is tiny, any major bank can do a better backed version when it is time let alone the govt that holds world reserve currency....or maybe a company like AMZN in a "company store" fashion since everybody is buying everything there anyway.

...majority of people will run to what they perceive as a safer and more stable alternative and abandon BTC like Myspace when Facebook came along. When I say majority of course we are still talking about a small group - truth is the adoption rate of BTC is about the same as people that previously did online poker before they shut that down.

...The idea that a ledger was anonymous ended up being too good to be true in the best case and a blatant lie in the worst case. That was the major selling point in the early stages and has all but gone to the wayside. Without that it's just a bad version of money. Not being able to get out is not the same as a store of value.

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #2560 on: December 12, 2018, 04:06:12 AM »

You sir are the Last of the Mohicans.

BTC

...has proven to be no store of wealth, unless you bought well under current price that is - which is pure speculative luck.

...exchanges have ALL been hacked, and that's where your money actually lives. AI will hack the backbone of BTC eventually.

...forecasting years into the future for anything tech based could only be to keep dumb money in - certainly after the initial spike to 20k. Good tech works quickly and replaces an old system in a revolutionary way.

...institutions will manipulate BTC to make sure their "concrete and workable and scalable" solution is used rather than an anonymous platform. Market cap of crypto is tiny, any major bank can do a better backed version when it is time let alone the govt that holds world reserve currency....or maybe a company like AMZN in a "company store" fashion since everybody is buying everything there anyway.

...majority of people will run to what they perceive as a safer and more stable alternative and abandon BTC like Myspace when Facebook came along. When I say majority of course we are still talking about a small group - truth is the adoption rate of BTC is about the same as people that previously did online poker before they shut that down.

...The idea that a ledger was anonymous ended up being too good to be true in the best case and a blatant lie in the worst case. That was the major selling point in the early stages and has all but gone to the wayside. Without that it's just a bad version of money. Not being able to get out is not the same as a store of value.

this is so true. if shitcoins ever became a popular online payment method, amazon could destroy all of them by making their own one.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #2561 on: December 12, 2018, 05:09:11 AM »
a lot of gib-berish being posted in this thread. 

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #2562 on: December 12, 2018, 05:38:56 AM »
a lot of gib-berish being posted in this thread.  

Fun to go back and read all of it.  Like every other blipcoin huckster he listed all the reasons people NEED to buy it and he was 99% certain it was going to $100k, then $1,000,000.  Just another dolt who bought into the scam and was chasing price.  

I'm glad this thread is here and preserved for posterity, it's a lesson in the psychology of a bubble mania.  The main lesson people should take from this thread is that:  It's never different this time.  

Blipcoin is somewhere in the capitulation phase...

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #2563 on: December 12, 2018, 08:25:41 AM »
it should be obvious by now that bitcoin served a purpose – to introduce blockchain.

blockchain, spreading like cancer, has a function – to bind mankind to an inescapable, hellish reality of absolute control.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2564 on: February 24, 2019, 12:51:53 AM »
It may soon be time to revisit this thread again ... :)

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2565 on: February 24, 2019, 12:55:42 AM »
I'm glad this thread is here and preserved for posterity, it's a lesson in the psychology of a bubble.

Yes that was indeed the purpose of the thread. That, and me doing my duty to help push up the price (which of course is what every holder of a non yielding asset should be doing).

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2566 on: February 24, 2019, 12:58:48 AM »

This is entirely correct. As to what it’s value will be, that is not possible to determine. It could be 1k, 10k, 100k or even 1m. But yes, either way it will still be around. And yes primarily as a store of value.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #2567 on: February 24, 2019, 01:01:22 AM »
Yes that was indeed the purpose of the thread. That, and me doing my duty to help push up the price (which of course is what every holder of a non yielding asset should be doing).

You have already been called out as a piece of shit, at least you're admitting it yourself as well.

You always sounded like the stereotypical dodgy used car salesman or greasy broker type trying to sell rubbish and con people.

Spotted your BS and had you pegged a mile away.

You were telling people to buy when it was almost 20 000 dollars, if people were gullible enough to follow your reckless 'advice' they could have lost everything, but you don't care. Your behaviour was extremely dangerous.

Some people like you even got into legal trouble for trying to 'push up' the price on forums...

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #2568 on: February 24, 2019, 06:31:53 AM »
You have already been called out as a piece of shit, at least you're admitting it yourself as well.

You always sounded like the stereotypical dodgy used car salesman or greasy broker type trying to sell rubbish and con people.

You were telling people to buy when it was almost 20 000 dollars, if people were gullible enough to follow your reckless 'advice' they could have lost everything, but you don't care. Your behaviour was extremely dangerous.

Some people like you even got into legal trouble for trying to 'push up' the price on forums...

I called this lying POS out many pages ago.  I've seen this BS many times on stock/trading forums and it wasn't hard to figure out.  He had a few gimmick accounts here to help bolster his bullshit.  Gibtard may have actually believed all the blipcoin hype at the beginning of this thread (i.e. "a new revolution", "blipcoin is money", "blips to $100K"), but when he realized he was dead wrong he flipped the narrative and said it was all just a pump and dump in order to save face.  Either way he's despicable piece of shit.  I hope karma gets this fucker soon.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #2569 on: February 24, 2019, 08:20:04 AM »

Glad I never listened to GIB and purchased bitcoins. He was working overtime to push his agenda.

Nonetheless, it was fun bumping the thread to see the idiots go back and forth.  :D :D :D
X

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #2570 on: February 24, 2019, 10:21:19 AM »

So you think your pumping on Getbig helped blips reach the price they did?  

LOL!  

You're more moronic than I thought.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #2571 on: February 24, 2019, 12:22:34 PM »
It may soon be time to revisit this thread again ... :)

LMAO

It just took a nosedive

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #2572 on: February 24, 2019, 05:17:51 PM »
LMAO

It just took a nosedive

W. O. W.

What a drop.

Massive bull trap.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #2573 on: February 24, 2019, 05:22:28 PM »
Everyone and their mothers in law are waiting for the $2300 level but... it all looks like BTC is going to tank HARD.

Like sub 1k hard.

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2574 on: February 24, 2019, 05:27:28 PM »
I haven't been following this thread, but it was at the top and I still get industry emails from my former profession so I thought I'd ask what you guys think this means for bitcoin?

Does it legitimize them, and is it a massive threat to bitcoin either way?

https://www.theverge.com/2019/2/14/18224976/jp-morgan-chase-cryptocurrency-banking-cnbc