Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 769015 times)

Mayday

• Getbig IV
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #6075 on: April 24, 2021, 02:32:55 PM »
One of my posts earlier I said something has to go wrong. We can’t all win.

I have spent the past week watching it all go horribly wrong..... Social media. Total insanity driving others into a panic.

We only have a handful of days to go.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6076 on: April 24, 2021, 03:14:57 PM »
One of my posts earlier I said something has to go wrong. We can’t all win.

I have spent the past week watching it all go horribly wrong..... Social media. Total insanity driving others into a panic.

We only have a handful of days to go.

Whats your definition of wrong? 2017 we had 7 dips around the 30+% range before the run up to 20k.  That run was primarily driven by retail.  Social media is composed of 98% retards, hardly a metric we should be building a basis upon.  Btc is a rich persons game now, big money  big institutions.  I wish poor people would wake up.

You have more insight than most on ebs and flows of money.  I doubt youre worried what social media has to say because big money driving this market are not about to advertise their intentions  on a platform designed for plebs.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6077 on: April 24, 2021, 03:48:07 PM »
This might sound a bit odd but give me some leeway as I used to argue this in my work profession at times when things looked too easy.

Ponder:

Let’s say 5% can be winners. If we all know the plan. If we all know the end result. If we all know the course. Why would any of that be correct? It can’t be. That’s the point.

We needed something to break (is go wrong) that shifted things in a way to either change the outcome which could have been trend/price/timeline alterations or something to break behaviour in a manner that left the structure intact.

What I saw was social media being the disruptor which has changed behaviour and allowed the structure to remain intact.

In support of my above observation, a 19% pullback does not equal what we are seeing on social media. My entire feed and the comments are filled with people running for the hills. I haven’t seen anything like it during any other pullback.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #6078 on: April 24, 2021, 04:11:01 PM »
Putting my tin foil hat on. Is it just coincidence this dip came just before the new batch of stimulus checks went out?

Given businesses are opening up and trying to get back to normal, maybe they want people actually spending it there rather than buying bitcoin or stocks.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6079 on: April 24, 2021, 04:34:58 PM »
Putting my tin foil hat on. Is it just coincidence this dip came just before the new batch of stimulus checks went out?

Given businesses are opening up and trying to get back to normal, maybe they want people actually spending it there rather than buying bitcoin or stocks.

I see market actions driving things and then news is a flow in effect if that makes sense.

In other words, I believe the primary cause of this pullback was China powering down their BTC rigs, crashing the hash rate which crashed the price, 9,000 dumped in exchanges to further crash the price.  After that, the news scared off anyone remaining.

But hey, some might believe the reverse and it was cafes opening that caused the crash. Whatever floats your boat.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #6080 on: April 24, 2021, 04:50:35 PM »
&t=624s

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #6081 on: April 24, 2021, 05:50:20 PM »
2 Billion worth of crytpo exchange funds went missing in Turkey. International manhunt for the guy that ran the exchange now.

That no doubt compounded this problem.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #6082 on: April 24, 2021, 05:52:51 PM »
2 Billion worth of bitcoin went missing off a Turkish exchange. International manhunt for the guy that ran the exchange now.

I read about him running off to Albania with $2 Billion worth of investors' money, but I didn't know it was $2 Billion worth in bitcoin.

"1"

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6083 on: April 24, 2021, 05:55:06 PM »
This might sound a bit odd but give me some leeway as I used to argue this in my work profession at times when things looked too easy.

Ponder:

Let’s say 5% can be winners. If we all know the plan. If we all know the end result. If we all know the course. Why would any of that be correct? It can’t be. That’s the point.

We needed something to break (is go wrong) that shifted things in a way to either change the outcome which could have been trend/price/timeline alterations or something to break behaviour in a manner that left the structure intact.

What I saw was social media being the disruptor which has changed behaviour and allowed the structure to remain intact.

In support of my above observation, a 19% pullback does not equal what we are seeing on social media. My entire feed and the comments are filled with people running for the hills. I haven’t seen anything like it during any other pullback.

Fair point, crossed my mind aswell many years ago.  Youre probably  at the stage where youre seeing so much return on your investment that  the old saying "too good to be true " kicks in.  And thats a plausible thought if it were any other investment other than btc IMO.
We wont see another investment opportunity like btc in this life time, most likely ever again.

5% may be winners, but we are at 2.2.5% adoption rate with growth exponentially increasing.  Projected users 1billion by 2025. We are very early.  These 5% winners at this moment are increasing their position. You said it in an earlier post,  probably some entity(ies) had inside info on minining outage and deposited 9000btc into binance.  Hash rate dropped, price tanked. Day later 22000btc left binance and into cold storage.
Watch the next round  of dumps when ETFs start  getting rejected.  Same old story.  Big money increasing their positions using FUD.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6084 on: April 24, 2021, 05:55:09 PM »

Ponder:

the double spend caused a panic and everyone was screaming sell then too. I can find you a thousand videos that show this.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6085 on: April 24, 2021, 05:57:30 PM »
I read about him running off to Albania with $2 Billion worth of investors' money, but I didn't know it was $2 Billion worth in bitcoin.

"1"

yes, thanks for the correction.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #6086 on: April 24, 2021, 06:02:39 PM »
2 Billion worth of bitcoin went missing off a Turkish exchange. International manhunt for the guy that ran the exchange now.

There was another exchange in Turkey that shut down too. Turkey is banning the use of cryptocurrencies to pay for goods and services from 30th April.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #6087 on: April 24, 2021, 06:08:11 PM »

"1"

It's $2 billion of investor assets, so probably crypto.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6088 on: April 24, 2021, 06:09:50 PM »
&t=624s

No offense, but this guy along with the Moon Carl have called jst about every target above 60k you can think of. Id take everything they say with a grain of salt.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #6089 on: April 24, 2021, 06:28:45 PM »
It's $2 billion of investor assets, so probably crypto.

Absolutely, every single article written about this is stating that he stole $2 Billion dollars from a Turkish crypto exchange.

"1"

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6090 on: April 24, 2021, 06:50:38 PM »
Absolutely, every single article written about this is stating that he stole $2 Billion dollars from a Turkish crypto exchange.

"1"

Sort of. It was him who ran the exchange in the first place. Unregulated and a scam from the outset. So, he simply took money, cashed it into BTC, and then disappeared. Very much like pyramid scheme. Had been done countless times with gold in the past. The BTC (or gold) itself is fully secure, but is of course in the wrong hands. Piece of shit that guy was, but also all those desperate fools who trusted him are also to blame. Lesson here - do not use unregulated exchanges, or if you want to really take the risk, get in and out immediately - hodl your coins directly. Not your keys, not your coins.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6091 on: April 24, 2021, 06:53:48 PM »
There was another exchange in Turkey that shut down too. Turkey is banning the use of cryptocurrencies to pay for goods and services from 30th April.

Impossible to ban in practice. Think about it...

But even if one was to comply with such a "ban" you would simply sell you BTC for Turkish Lira, then make a quick purchase with that rapidly declining fiat currency, and then the recipient simply quickly converts back in to BTC (or USD as they wish and as they are already doing). Idiotic friction in a sales transaction, but legally compliant with such a "ban" and very easily done via the Lightening Network.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6092 on: April 24, 2021, 07:10:48 PM »
Fair point, crossed my mind aswell many years ago.  Youre probably  at the stage where youre seeing so much return on your investment that  the old saying "too good to be true " kicks in.  And thats a plausible thought if it were any other investment other than btc IMO.
We wont see another investment opportunity like btc in this life time, most likely ever again.

5% may be winners, but we are at 2.2.5% adoption rate with growth exponentially increasing.  Projected users 1billion by 2025. We are very early.  These 5% winners at this moment are increasing their position. You said it in an earlier post,  probably some entity(ies) had inside info on minining outage and deposited 9000btc into binance.  Hash rate dropped, price tanked. Day later 22000btc left binance and into cold storage.
Watch the next round  of dumps when ETFs start  getting rejected.  Same old story.  Big money increasing their positions using FUD.

Yes, this is why we see some early buyers taking "gains" as they readjust they total allocation, and then new buyers coming in as they think prices are "cheaper now" and a good time to "get in". Its always good to help broaden the total user-base which happens each cycle and churn.

Then you get a % of new buyers who bought near the top, who panic sell. These are the same guys who start rebuying at the next peak as they think "prices are going back up again now".

Can we all be winners with an asset like BTC? Answer is yes, just as all those who had purchased property in the past with leverage were big winners over time as currencies devalued. So who were the losers who paid the price? All those who didn't participate, and remained solely in cash. They effectively had their money stolen from them by stealth (devaluation). Not just that but they then keep working for a (devalued currency) salary that is taxed again upon payment. And all in an environment of appreciating assets...

2024 will be interesting - by then we will have a much broader user base, much better infrastructure around BTC purchasing, storage, and transacting, many more large institutions and banks participating, BTC seamlessly on credit cards and other day to day payment tools, collapsing economies with citizens increasingly adopting BTC as a store of wealth, continued money printing from the US, clearer laws around BTC, more regulated exchanges..., And then on top of all that a halvening in the algorithm...

Until then, my view is simply buy, HODL, and ignore the noise. For myself, I am quite prepared for a drop to 10K. (At 10K I would likely load up a little more). If you detach yourself from the outset, its mentally far easier to not worry about short term moves.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #6093 on: April 24, 2021, 07:40:51 PM »
Louisiana state House passes resolution formally praising Bitcoin

Louisiana’s GOP-controlled state House adopted a resolution this week praising Bitcoin and encouraging state and local governments to utilize the increasingly popular cryptocurrency.

The resolution, passed by the state House on Wednesday and signed by Speaker Clay Schexnayder (R) on Thursday, formally commends Bitcoin “for its success in becoming the first decentralized trillion dollar asset” and pushes for “state and local governments to consider ways that could help them benefit from the increased use of this new technology.”

Lawmakers argued in the resolution that Bitcoin “could potentially replace gold as a monetary reserve,” adding that the digital currency has not only benefited businesses, but has also “proven to be a critical tool for citizens around the world to protect themselves from currency debasement.”

The praise comes amid a surge in investment and interest in cryptocurrency, which uses peer-to-peer technology that allows businesses and individuals to transfer assets without banks or other centralized oversight.

Last week, digital currency platform Coinbase went public, with shares skyrocketing in early trading. Coinbase in the first quarter of 2021 had 6.1 million users make transactions at least once a month on the platform, up from 2.8 million by the end of 2020.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/549982-louisiana-house-of-representatives-passes-resolution-formally-praising

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #6094 on: April 25, 2021, 07:50:12 AM »

"1"

Turkish Crypto exchange!!! What could go wrong ::)

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #6095 on: April 25, 2021, 09:30:39 AM »
Impossible to ban in practice. Think about it...

But even if one was to comply with such a "ban" you would simply sell you BTC for Turkish Lira, then make a quick purchase with that rapidly declining fiat currency, and then the recipient simply quickly converts back in to BTC (or USD as they wish and as they are already doing). Idiotic friction in a sales transaction, but legally compliant with such a "ban" and very easily done via the Lightening Network.

It was enough to crash the price of bitcoin by 5%. That decline was far more rapid than the decline of Lira. Buy bitcoin with Lira, sell bitcoin for Lira. You can just as easily end up losing twice.

Anyway I hope the Lira declines further. I signed up to premium Turkish Netflix and pay a fraction of the price for the same product we get in the west  ;D

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #6096 on: April 25, 2021, 02:44:22 PM »
Bitcoin approaching 47k.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #6097 on: April 25, 2021, 02:47:14 PM »
$ 47,198.58

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6098 on: April 25, 2021, 03:28:33 PM »
$ 47,198.58

Crazy shit. I'm getting ready to convert to usdt at 45k and wait this out if it gets that bad. Everytjing looks fucked right up.

Etherrum holding better than BTC, BTC taking a shit. Alt coins pumping and dumping. Its like the crypto sphere has gone mental. At one point all the top gainers were low cap.alt coins. Lol

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6099 on: April 25, 2021, 03:35:49 PM »
Yes, this is why we see some early buyers taking "gains" as they readjust they total allocation, and then new buyers coming in as they think prices are "cheaper now" and a good time to "get in". Its always good to help broaden the total user-base which happens each cycle and churn.

Then you get a % of new buyers who bought near the top, who panic sell. These are the same guys who start rebuying at the next peak as they think "prices are going back up again now".

Can we all be winners with an asset like BTC? Answer is yes, just as all those who had purchased property in the past with leverage were big winners over time as currencies devalued. So who were the losers who paid the price? All those who didn't participate, and remained solely in cash. They effectively had their money stolen from them by stealth (devaluation). Not just that but they then keep working for a (devalued currency) salary that is taxed again upon payment. And all in an environment of appreciating assets...

2024 will be interesting - by then we will have a much broader user base, much better infrastructure around BTC purchasing, storage, and transacting, many more large institutions and banks participating, BTC seamlessly on credit cards and other day to day payment tools, collapsing economies with citizens increasingly adopting BTC as a store of wealth, continued money printing from the US, clearer laws around BTC, more regulated exchanges..., And then on top of all that a halvening in the algorithm...

Until then, my view is simply buy, HODL, and ignore the noise. For myself, I am quite prepared for a drop to 10K. (At 10K I would likely load up a little more). If you detach yourself from the outset, its mentally far easier to not worry about short term moves.

I like the idea of a 3 tier system.

1st tier BTC is used as storage - I have no issue not being able to pay for things in BTC
2nd tier USD is used as international payments
3rd tier local currency used in domestic economy for payments

From what I heard Diem had issues and has stalled which makes sense as I haven’t heard any of the major players mention it of late.

Turkey, Argentina, Korea, People aren’t running for gold they are running for BTC.  That dude who fled just showed the advantage of BTC, portable as fuck lol.