Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 769352 times)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #6350 on: May 07, 2021, 04:38:15 AM »
VeChain (VET) up 19%.

Oh it gets better, it landed the first page of the Wall Street Journal!

"1"

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #6351 on: May 07, 2021, 04:53:45 AM »
Cardano/btc trading pair is making me lovely btc today

I think VeChain is gonna pop off soon.

;D

Hopefully you guys are trading in the BTC/VET pair and making more bitcoin on the way.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6352 on: May 07, 2021, 04:55:57 AM »
Oh it gets better, it landed the first page of the Wall Street Journal!

"1"

Something with real case use. Not like Dogecrap that only goes up cause some asshat like Cuban milks it for his own benefit.

BossBoss

• Getbig III
  • part-time IFBB-Professional
« Reply #6353 on: May 07, 2021, 06:10:39 AM »
Something with real case use. Not like Dogecrap that only goes up cause some asshat like Cuban milks it for his own benefit.

Youre response is kind of ironic if you ask me..
everything has a use case..my dick has a use case.

It is too easy to make a coin, anyone could do it .
Partners means nothing, i can pay you 10 million to print your logo on my stuff.

What about IOTA(MIOTA) or Komodo(KMD)? Why is VeChain better? (cause china :D)
From a technical standpoint i don't believe that VeChain is better..so which one is the shitcoin here..?

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #6354 on: May 07, 2021, 06:10:53 AM »
No it’s not dude.

Mate, you have the opportunity to walk out with a changed life entirely. Don’t go off the rails. Please!

All world currencies are debasing together. There is no change in terms of trade via exchange rates. We have many, many years for this to play out.

Until the US debt is 300%+ GDP you don’t have a problem..... well, sort of lolz
Lol. I am not going off the rails. It is obvious that the dollar is in a hyperinflationary collapse against cryptocurrencies. Obviously I hope we do not see hyperinflation with goods, services and food. But things are ticking up. When I say the dollar is toast I don't mean the next month or year. But its days as it currently exist are numbered.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/us-dollar-crash-high-chance-double-dip-recession-roach-2020-9-1029618113

The US is facing a dollar collapse by the end of 2021 and an over 50% chance of a double-dip recession, economist Stephen Roach says

The US dollar could collapse by the end of 2021 and the economy can expect a more than 50% chance of a double-dip recession, the economist Stephen Roach told CNBC on Wednesday.

The US has seen economic output rise briefly and then fall in eight of the past 11 business-cycle recoveries, Roach said.

Grim second-quarter data cannot be dismissed, he said, pointing out that "the current-account deficit in the United States, which is the broadest measure of our international imbalance with the rest of the world, suffered a record deterioration."

Roach last predicted a crash in the dollar index in June, when it was trading at about 96. He said at the time that it would collapse 35% against other major currencies within the next year or two.

The "seemingly crazed idea" that the US dollar will collapse against other major currencies in the post-pandemic global economy is not so crazy anymore, the economist Stephen Roach told CNBC's "Trading Nation" on Wednesday.

Roach, a former chairman of Morgan Stanley Asia, also said he sees a more than 50% probability of a double-dip recession in the United States.

He based that prediction on historical evidence, saying that in eight of the past 11 business-cycle recoveries economic output has risen briefly and then fallen.

"It's certainly something that happens more often than not," he said.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #6355 on: May 07, 2021, 06:13:11 AM »

It is too easy to make a new coin, anyone could do it .
Partners means nothing, i can pay you 10 million to print your logo on my stuff.

What about IOTA(MIOTA) or Komodo(KMD)? Why is Vechain better? (cause china :D)
From a technical standpoint i don't believe that vechain is better..so which one is the shitcoin here..?
I agree.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #6356 on: May 07, 2021, 06:18:07 AM »
Doge has been around since 2013. A lot longer than cyptos like Cardano. Compare the charts of the two. Cardano pumped and dumped in 2017/2018. Doge not as much. It has seen a steady increase in value. Yes it did correct some in 2017/2018 but the swings were not as volatile as ADA. Like it or not there are actually millions of people that are latching on to Doge. People are sentimental and sometimes a cute crypto is all that's needed to get the masses onboard.

I agree with Cryptosrus. Doge will go to $1 and perhaps beyond. We'll see what happens.

And lastly don't buy Doge. Whatever you do. I don't want to see you lose money!

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #6357 on: May 07, 2021, 06:22:52 AM »
Cryptocurrency investors should be prepared to lose all their money, Bank of England governor says

LONDON — Cryptocurrencies “have no intrinsic value” and people who invest in them should be prepared to lose all their money, Bank of England (BOE) Governor Andrew Bailey said Thursday.

Digital currencies like bitcoin, ether and even dogecoin have been on a tear this year, reminding some investors of the 2017 crypto bubble in which bitcoin blasted toward $20,000, only to sink as low as $3,122 a year later.

Asked at a press conference about the rising value of cryptocurrencies on Thursday, Bailey said: “They have no intrinsic value. That doesn’t mean to say people don’t put value on them, because they can have extrinsic value. But they have no intrinsic value.”

“I’m going to say this very bluntly again,” he added. “Buy them only if you’re prepared to lose all your money.”

Bailey’s comments echoed a similar warning from the U.K.’s Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).

“Investing in cryptoassets, or investments and lending linked to them, generally involves taking very high risks with investors’ money,” the financial services watchdog said in January.

“If consumers invest in these types of product, they should be prepared to lose all their money.”

Bailey, who was formerly the chief executive of the FCA, has long been a skeptic of crypto. In 2017, he warned: “If you want to invest in bitcoin, be prepared to lose all your money.”

Bitcoin is up over 90% so far this year, thanks in part to rising interest from institutional investors and corporate buyers such as Tesla. The electric car firm bought $1.5 billion worth of bitcoin earlier this year, and the value of its holdings have since risen to nearly $2.5 billion.

Proponents of bitcoin see it as a store of value akin to gold because of its scarce supply — only 21 million bitcoins can ever be minted — arguing that the cryptocurrency can act as a hedge against inflation as central banks around the world print money to relieve coronavirus-battered economies.

However, skeptics view bitcoin as a market bubble waiting to burst. Michael Hartnett, chief investment strategist at Bank of America Securities, said bitcoin’s rally looks like the “mother of all bubbles,” while Alvine Capital’s Stephen Isaacs believes there are “no fundamentals with this product, period.”

VIDEO07:14
BOE’s Bailey: UK economy will have ‘bounce back,’ then return to balance
Meanwhile, alternative digital currencies have made even larger gains than bitcoin. Ether, the native token of the Ethereum blockchain, has seen returns of more than 360% year-to-date, while meme-inspired crypto dogecoin is up a whopping 12,500%.

Analysts have attributed dogecoin’s rise to tweets from celebrities like Elon Musk and Mark Cuban, as well as retail investors buying the token on the free-trading app Robinhood. David Kimberley, an analyst at U.K. investing app Freetrade, described the dogecoin rally as “a classic example of greater fool theory at play,” referring to the practice of selling overvalued assets to investors who are willing to pay a higher price.

At the same time, central banks are considering whether to issue their own digital currencies. Last month, the Bank of England launched a joint taskforce with the Treasury aimed at exploring central bank digital currencies, or CBDCs. Such a currency would exist alongside cash and bank deposits rather than replacing them, the bank said.

read rest here https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/07/bank-of-englands-bailey-crypto-investors-risk-losing-all-their-money.html

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6358 on: May 07, 2021, 06:23:40 AM »

It is too easy to make a coin, anyone could do it .

What about IOTA(MIOTA) or Komodo(KMD)? Why is VeChain better? (cause china :D)
From a technical standpoint i don't believe that VeChain is better..so which one is the shitcoin here..?

lol wtf?

Ive heard of comparing apples and oranges, now were comparing dicks to crypto. 

Interesting trading psychology.

Lets partner up, you give me 10 million and ill give you my logo.  Whats your mailing address?

BossBoss

• Getbig III

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #6360 on: May 07, 2021, 08:57:03 AM »
If you had $10,000 to invest into crypto, which projects would you choose?

Ben Armstrong's multiple picks: XRP, ADA, ETH, VET, SOL (He clearly LOVES VeChain & explains why + he did say if he had to drop all $10K into one of them XRP would be it, because although super risky with its lawsuit, it does stand to possibly go parabolic).

HASHOSHI picks: ADA, DOT, COSMOS & EGLD

J_ATX: VET & COO

Justin Williams: LTC & XLM

Again, from where I am sitting, VeChain has no competition (as mentioned in the video and works via supply chain). I think that's the play. I do think Cardano/ADA is fundamentally the best looking crypto given its firm researched foundation and the types of projects they are looking to take part in (Save Africa etc), but their growth pattern might be slow compared to some of the aforementioned pics. I think DOT is attractive and a direct competitor to ADA, could go either way as to who will have market dominance between the two. I think we could very well see ETH take over and dethrone Bitcoin. As long as their fee issues can be ironed out (EIP) and the 2.0 version can bring about improved ease in functionality, ETH will be hard to beat. A lot of institutional money looks to be lining up to pump into ETH.

Thoughts?

"1"

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #6361 on: May 07, 2021, 10:31:19 AM »

Again, from where I am sitting, VeChain has no competition (as mentioned in the video and works via supply chain). I think that's the play. I do think Cardano/ADA is fundamentally the best looking crypto given its firm researched foundation and the types of projects they are looking to take part in (Save Africa etc), but their growth pattern might be slow compared to some of the aforementioned pics. I think DOT is attractive and a direct competitor to ADA, could go either way as to who will have market dominance between the two. I think we could very well see ETH take over and dethrone Bitcoin. As long as their fee issues can be ironed out (EIP) and the 2.0 version can bring about improved ease in functionality, ETH will be hard to beat. A lot of institutional money looks to be lining up to pump into ETH.

Thoughts?

"1"

I held similar opinions about ETH way back in 2018 so it's nice to see you independently arriving to the same conclusion.

I agree that Cardano looks impressive, but it too could eventually run into similar fee issues as ETH. They'll have the benefit of knowing how and what ETH does to solve this and any other issues, but ETH could be too big and too ingrained in the system by then for it to matter.

Still worth holding some Cardano though. Same with DOT.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #6362 on: May 07, 2021, 10:40:30 AM »

Ben Armstrong's multiple picks: XRP, ADA, ETH, VET, SOL (He clearly LOVES VeChain & explains why + he did say if he had to drop all $10K into one of them XRP would be it, because although super risky with its lawsuit, it does stand to possibly go parabolic).

Thoughts?

"1"

do you personally own any crypto?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #6363 on: May 07, 2021, 10:49:15 AM »

Thoughts?

"1"

Cardano and a long shot with huge upside is LION

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #6364 on: May 07, 2021, 11:58:58 AM »
do you personally own any crypto?

Yes. I have 6 altcoins that I invest into and each one has gotten anywhere between $2,000-$5,000 poured into them. I also own a very small position in BitCoin.

"1"

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #6365 on: May 07, 2021, 12:15:45 PM »
I held similar opinions about ETH way back in 2018 so it's nice to see you independently arriving to the same conclusion.

I agree that Cardano looks impressive, but it too could eventually run into similar fee issues as ETH. They'll have the benefit of knowing how and what ETH does to solve this and any other issues, but ETH could be too big and too ingrained in the system by then for it to matter.

Still worth holding some Cardano though. Same with DOT.

I think if someone were ballsy, they would go ahead and drop about $70K into Ethereum (at its current price $3,500+/coin) and then sit back and just hold for another 5-10 years. There's a pretty good likelihood that it could become the Bitcoin of tomorrow with a price of $50,000/coin. That's a huge gamble and a lot of money to place on ice that is so damn volatile, but it could make you a millionaire within a 5-10 yr time frame.

That's one approach that I won't take, but could very well work for those that have substantial holdings in Bitcoin and might want a way out before that ship potentially sinks. I don't think BTC is going anywhere for the time being, but it's deaf, blind and dumb and sooner or later a viable replacement will dethrone it and ETH is looking VERY attractive to institutional money.

The safe approach? Take $15-$25K and just diversify into all of the top altcoins in the top 10 and if you want to buy a few fractional positions on BTC then do so.

BTW, the only reason my stance on crypto has changed is because I am almost certain that the US economy is going to crash, to what extent (long term recession vs brutal depression) I don't know. Inflation is coming, Janet Yellen confirmed it and then chickened out of her statements, but it's as clear as day. I am not sure that hyperinflation will ensue, but can we get crazy inflation to the tune of 6-10%? Fuck yeah.

I've purposely diversified my portfolio and maximized my real estate holdings, kept good position in utility stocks and really poured well into Amazon & Walmart. But aside from that angle, I also diversified into cryptos to hedge against incoming inflation. The problem with that in itself is that there are a lot of rumors regarding government regulation of cryptos around the corner (This DOGE shit isn't helping to be honest). Also, if inflation hits and the value of the dollar goes to shit, when you do sell these cryptos, you typically sell for the USD denomination and if the value of the dollar is shit in a few years, hard to tell what's the best angle, but I'm covering all angles.

"1"

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6366 on: May 07, 2021, 02:30:34 PM »
Lol. I am not going off the rails. It is obvious that the dollar is in a hyperinflationary collapse against cryptocurrencies. Obviously I hope we do not see hyperinflation with goods, services and food. But things are ticking up. When I say the dollar is toast I don't mean the next month or year. But its days as it currently exist are numbered.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/us-dollar-crash-high-chance-double-dip-recession-roach-2020-9-1029618113

The US is facing a dollar collapse by the end of 2021 and an over 50% chance of a double-dip recession, economist Stephen Roach says

The US dollar could collapse by the end of 2021 and the economy can expect a more than 50% chance of a double-dip recession, the economist Stephen Roach told CNBC on Wednesday.

The US has seen economic output rise briefly and then fall in eight of the past 11 business-cycle recoveries, Roach said.

Grim second-quarter data cannot be dismissed, he said, pointing out that "the current-account deficit in the United States, which is the broadest measure of our international imbalance with the rest of the world, suffered a record deterioration."

Roach last predicted a crash in the dollar index in June, when it was trading at about 96. He said at the time that it would collapse 35% against other major currencies within the next year or two.

The "seemingly crazed idea" that the US dollar will collapse against other major currencies in the post-pandemic global economy is not so crazy anymore, the economist Stephen Roach told CNBC's "Trading Nation" on Wednesday.

Roach, a former chairman of Morgan Stanley Asia, also said he sees a more than 50% probability of a double-dip recession in the United States.

He based that prediction on historical evidence, saying that in eight of the past 11 business-cycle recoveries economic output has risen briefly and then fallen.

"It's certainly something that happens more often than not," he said.

The large rush in price you are seeing in crypto is the cyclical design dude. Crypto is going to crash like a mofo in the near future just like in 2017-2018.

US has 130% debt to GDP which is still perfectly solvent. Over 300% and that’s when you see solvency issues.

The bond market still has buyers other than the govt so they are not yet performing yield curve control.

The US is not yet at the stage where they have lost control. You still need to see:
*product shortages
*huge price increases in housing costs
*huge increases in food costs (as in price doubles)
*protests over low wages
*protests over lack of jobs
*US debt solvency issues

You won’t see a recession because the data will show GDP increases due to all the QE and stimulus.

Saying the USD will collapse this year is what MR A said would happen in January and it never did just like it won’t by the end of 2021.

Have the exchange rates shifted? No. Has the USD lost it’s place as the world currency? No. Is there a viable alternative to the USD as a world currency now? No.

You wouldn’t want it to collapse this year anyway because it will take all of crypto with it.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #6367 on: May 07, 2021, 03:35:44 PM »
Let’s be clear about the crypto mania happening. If it wasn’t for Covid this whole thing never would have happened. Bitcoin , eth, dogs etc would be at way lower prices.  Estimates are anywhere from 10-20% of stimulus money went into crypto.  That’s a lot of money given for free and invested in it

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6368 on: May 07, 2021, 04:13:59 PM »
Let’s be clear about the crypto mania happening. If it wasn’t for Covid this whole thing never would have happened. Bitcoin , eth, dogs etc would be at way lower prices.  Estimates are anywhere from 10-20% of stimulus money went into crypto.  That’s a lot of money given for free and invested in it

A higher than expected price for crypto yes but the cyclical pattern still dictates a parabolic end.

The mania is still part of the cycle, we would just have a price of 30k instead of 60k without the lockdown.

But absolutely the lockdown ignited crypto and it will consume a heck of a lot of money.

Coffeed

• Getbig IV
  • Athletes representative for Grifted Nutrition.
« Reply #6369 on: May 07, 2021, 04:37:33 PM »

what's the best site to buy crypto for the least fees if you're a very small time investor? (not robinhood though)

BossBoss

• Getbig III
« Reply #6370 on: May 07, 2021, 05:13:20 PM »
Why would you buy anything else when you can buy Doge?
Why would you buy a shitcoin like VeChain when you can buy Doge?

This is what baffles me, i mean we are still very early in the game.
This is not about tech and it never was..you need proof? read this thread from the beginning.

Put 1000$ in Doge today thank me later in three month.
Everybody should hodl at least a tiny amount..

P.s. i will update future Dogecoin prices gib style.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #6371 on: May 07, 2021, 06:33:55 PM »

This is not about tech and it never was..you need proof? read this thread from the beginning.

I'm not in this to make tens of thousands or even a few 100k in a short space of time. Sure that would be nice, but realistically that kinda money wouldn't change my life as I'm already pretty comfortable. I'm after high 7 figures minimum or nothing and the best chance for that happening is by finding the most legitimate crypto assets and going long.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #6372 on: May 07, 2021, 06:48:43 PM »
I'm not in this to make tens of thousands or even a few 100k in a short space of time. Sure that would be nice, but realistically that kinda money wouldn't change my life as I'm already pretty comfortable. I'm after high 7 figures minimum or nothing and the best chance for that happening is by finding the most legitimate crypto assets and going long.
And that just might be Dog money lol! I heard it is the new stablecoin...  ;D

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #6373 on: May 07, 2021, 06:52:20 PM »

It is a little about tech. If I go to a coffee shop and buy a drink my credit card transaction is not finalized until about a day later. It shows a temporary balance on my statement. With cryptos this could be instantaneous.

There is going to come a point where you will pay for something on your phone and the other guy gets it immediately. Kind of the way airdrop on the iPhone allows you to send photos from one iPhone to another by just holding them side by side.

But I agree. The millions of potential retail investors don't know about vechain and could care two shit about it. All they will know about is Dog Coin! And see that it has mooned.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #6374 on: May 07, 2021, 06:54:24 PM »
I am trolling a bit. It sounds like Vechain has huge potential. I bought it back in 2018. Still have it and getting staking rewards.