Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 768623 times)

Mayday

• Getbig IV
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #8900 on: June 18, 2022, 01:32:41 AM »
Actually thinking  your 96k 2025 prediction might to be too conservative afterall. If we did dip below previous bull cycles ATH then I would of had 150k+ on the cards.

18.8k now and you are bullish?

99.99% of price predictions failed to the upside. Every model broke.

99.99% of price predictions failed so far to the downside and we entered new territory.

The structure has changed. We got more adoption along with the most inflationary period in our lifetime and we only 3x. Imagine if we got 3% money supply expansion instead 👀 nobody wants to consider that.

Less coins on exchanges, more adoption and we are now below the previous ATH yet scarcity…….

I like all of you so I apologise if I come across rude or condescending. It’s an act I play here ok.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #8901 on: June 18, 2022, 01:42:46 AM »

99.99% of price predictions failed so far to the downside and we entered new territory.

The structure has changed. We got more adoption along with the most inflationary period in our lifetime and we only 3x. Imagine if we got 3% money supply expansion instead 👀 nobody wants to consider that.

Less coins on exchanges, more adoption and we are now below the previous ATH yet scarcity…….

I like all of you so I apologise if I come across rude or condescending. It’s an act I play here ok.

You're no longer bullish long-term?

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8902 on: June 18, 2022, 01:52:25 AM »

Sorry edited my post, meant 96k on the money next  ATH. Seems the leverage is getting sucked out.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8903 on: June 18, 2022, 02:20:36 AM »
You're no longer bullish long-term?

The Bitcoin structure changed. Top of S-curve now.

2011 to 2014 —> 38x
2014 to 2017 —> 19x
2017 to 2021 —> 3.5x

We just had THE most inflationary period in our lifetime and got 3.5x. Next top is 96k.

I’m following my own opinion for 8mths and things happening according to my strategy.

Sorry edited my post, meant 96k on the money next  ATH. Seems the leverage is getting sucked out.

Ok cool. I’m playing my strategy on 96k regardless of whatever anyone says.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #8904 on: June 18, 2022, 02:40:01 AM »
The Bitcoin structure changed. Top of S-curve now.

2011 to 2014 —> 38x
2014 to 2017 —> 19x
2017 to 2021 —> 3.5x

We just had THE most inflationary period in our lifetime and got 3.5x. Next top is 96k.

I’m following my own opinion for 8mths and things happening according to my strategy.

Where do you see ETH at the next top if BTC at 96k?

And what is your time-frame?

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8905 on: June 18, 2022, 03:10:24 AM »
Where do you see ETH at the next top if BTC at 96k?

And what is your time-frame?

My thread has more details in it with strategy and why.

Peak is either 2024 or maybe 2025. I don’t know yet.

ETH 6.5k.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #8906 on: June 18, 2022, 11:02:03 AM »
The scam continues.

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #8907 on: June 18, 2022, 11:30:23 AM »
I hope you geniuses in here give some guidance over the next few months so some of us commoners can join the dubai, India millionaires club  ;D

What price point are you guys looking for to start buying?

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #8908 on: June 18, 2022, 11:53:31 AM »
The scam continues.

You still have goofs like this spewing absurdities on Twitter. Nobody’s “Long Term Thesis” included a drop of this magnitude.

Will Clemente
@WClementeIII
If your long term Bitcoin investment thesis changes because of the price, you never understood Bitcoin

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #8909 on: June 18, 2022, 12:37:27 PM »
I don't think the carnage is done.

Bitcoin broke a critical support at $19K. If I had to guess, I'd say it's going down to about $10-$12K. I hope I am wrong on this, but the greater economy likely supports my thesis. Still, even at the price of $10K, I am not too sure I would jump at it, just not enough ROI at these prices. I want greater than 10x.

Ethereum is currently at around $939. I could see it go down to as low to as the $400 range. If it does, I'll probably scoop up about $4-5,000. Then again, I would also (depending on how low they go) through about another $2-$4,000 on Altcoins.

Hard to say how low things will go, but if Bitcoin hits $10-12K, the market will follow. If Ethereum hits around $400, I will go in on $ETH and also spread some money across Altcoins that show promise towards utility.

I'm an ultra-safe investor, not trader, so don't expect fireworks from me.

"1"

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8910 on: June 18, 2022, 12:50:54 PM »
I hope you geniuses in here give some guidance over the next few months so some of us commoners can join the dubai, India millionaires club  ;D

What price point are you guys looking for to start buying?

Some big players failed and/or got margin called (there may still be more to come) Leverage is unwinding and no one really knows how much leverage is involved in crypto to call a bottom.

Significant amounts of money won't make it's way back into crypto until the stock markets bottoms and there is also the bitcoin halving around may 2024. So the bottom could be any time from now until May 2024.

If the stock markets recover by May 2024 and crypto is still a thing then buying before then would be your best chance of seeing some profit.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #8911 on: June 18, 2022, 01:10:07 PM »
BTC $ 17,946.27

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8912 on: June 18, 2022, 01:13:45 PM »
Something can be scarce and worthless. Hence my argument has been belief in value first and then supply/demand dictates price action. I’ll say it again, on chain proves me correct yet nobody is actually connecting the dots. Scarcity does not equal price unless belief is there…..

19.2k now and less coins on exchanges so it’s even more scarce yet price is plummeting because belief left the building.

Without more participants (supply/demand) then yeah it can be scare and worthless.

Scarcity is more an argument why bitcoin is better than fiat, but both still rely on ponzi tokenomics. Why bother with btc/crypto if it doesn't offer something different to traditional finance?

More participants (more buyers) + scarcity push the price up (btc model)
More participants without scarcity leaves participants vulnerable to printing (fiat model)

Scarcity with a diminishing number of buyers/more selling equals a slow bleed
Scarcity with a leverage unwinding equals capitulation.

If BTC survives a recession and we get another cycle it's scarcity + leverage buying that what will send it to new ATH.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8913 on: June 18, 2022, 01:19:01 PM »
Will Clemente
@WClementeIII
If your long term Bitcoin investment thesis changes because of the price, you never understood Bitcoin

17.7k now 👀

Will is all in at last bid of 23.8k. It’d more polite if he simply called people spastics. His way seems much more nasty than how I do it.

PlanB is much worse than Will. Says he is holding to either 0 or 1M then days later makes a
Statement that he doesn’t HoDL lol. Plus his models broke and he won’t acknowledge it. You can even see it’s broken to the downside yet he pushes 1M in 2024-25.

Saylor now has 2.7B debt vs 2.3B assets with a business servicing half that debt at 6% at a loss. There is no way the board would have approved this ratio, they can’t.

My feed full of degenerate 100x longs being liquidated constantly. Not long to go now.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8914 on: June 18, 2022, 01:34:38 PM »
Without more participants (supply/demand) then yeah it can be scare and worthless.

Scarcity is more an argument why bitcoin is better than fiat, but both still rely on ponzi tokenomics. Why bother with btc/crypto if it's no different than traditional finance?

More participants (more buyers) + scarcity push the price up (btc model)
More participants without scarcity leaves participants vulnerable to printing (fiat model)

Scarcity with a diminishing number of buyers/more selling equals a slow bleed
Scarcity with a leverage unwinding equals capitulation.

If BTC survives a recession and we get another cycle it's scarcity + leverage buying that what will send it to new ATH.
:D

Even with the same participants it can become worthless. It’s trend and group think.this is why I dont like the scarcity argument because it’s scarce when value goes up for a year then 3yrs of bear market where it isn’t scarce apparently. Therefore it’s a fixed quantity of product which simply trends once every few years, nothing more.

When we have a bad harvest of bananas prices goes quadruple and we might say bananas are scare due to low yield. Then when yields return to normal and we have bananas cheap again we don’t continue saying bananas are scarce, just less scarce than before. 

I know I can’t explain this in words of how I think btw. I am utterly retarded in my thinking but it does work

BTC will be fine, just different structure now.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8915 on: June 18, 2022, 02:31:19 PM »
:D

Even with the same participants it can become worthless. It’s trend and group think.this is why I dont like the scarcity argument because it’s scarce when value goes up for a year then 3yrs of bear market where it isn’t scarce apparently. Therefore it’s a fixed quantity of product which simply trends once every few years, nothing more.

When we have a bad harvest of bananas prices goes quadruple and we might say bananas are scare due to low yield. Then when yields return to normal and we have bananas cheap again we don’t continue saying bananas are scarce, just less scarce than before. 

I know I can’t explain this in words of how I think btw. I am utterly retarded in my thinking but it does work

BTC will be fine, just different structure now.

I get your example, but it doesn't include leverage buying.

Let's say there is a steady conveyor belt of good banana harvests. Bananas are cheap and I buy x100 leverage and a bunch of other people did the same. There is constant demand for bananas, but price remains the same as supply meets demand. I'm not making any money.

Some fungus spreads and starts slowly killing banana plants, so supply is steadily reduced. Demand remains, so price increases. Myself and others cash some leverage gains in and buy with leverage again, but bigger. Price shoots up, banana addicts still keep buying at the inflated prices, supply further decreases, more leverage, price goes parabolic. It comes crashing down when banana addicts start feeling nauseous and stop buying bananas. Leverage winners cash out, price drops and eventually degens who messed up on leverage go broke and it all unwinds. Bananas are now cheap, scarce and there isn't much appetite for them.

Without leverage in this example banana prices go up lets says 10% every harvest due to ever increasing scarcity, until a new equilibrium between demand and supply is reached.

Without demand, leverage and scarcity you wouldn't get this parabolic type of price action. Without demand there is no price action, without leverage and scarcity there are no parabolic bullruns or capitulations.

A lot of non degens would prefer leverage wasn't allowed. Leverage and the wild swings in price causes fomo and fear on the demand side. Scarcity plus constant demand without leverage would see price go up more linearly and then plateau. Great if you got in early, but if you're hoping for another cycle you don't want this.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #8916 on: June 18, 2022, 03:41:36 PM »
I suspect Mayday will be right and Coinbase will eventually limit or stop withdrawals. It has tanked harder than Bitcoin itself.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #8917 on: June 18, 2022, 03:52:40 PM »
When you start hearing very dramatic price rise predictions, it typically means the party is almost over. When Bitcoin was at 60k, there was talk of 250k.

You’re hearing the same about Oil, now.

‘Wakey, wakey. We are not going back to normal business in a few months’: A top hedge-fund manager says crude oil prices could hit $250 this year – Fortune

https://fortune.com/2022/03/24/oil-prices-rise-250-2022-pierre-andurand/

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8918 on: June 18, 2022, 04:24:17 PM »

A lot of non degens would prefer leverage wasn't allowed. Leverage and the wild swings in price causes fomo and fear on the demand side. Scarcity plus constant demand without leverage would see price go up more linearly and then plateau. Great if you got in early, but if you're hoping for another cycle you don't want this.

This. Greed, gambling, fear are all characteristics of human nature and its entrenched in every market. Ask yourself, will these humans characteristics  embedded in our DNA since our beginnings  all of a sudden shut off and vanish?

Leverage and scarcity = parabolic rise = temporary euphoria.  Eventually it unwinds and capitulates, only to repeat its process.

"This time is different " is a narrative I've parroted and its been wrong. No its not, same market, same human characteristics.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8919 on: June 18, 2022, 04:27:17 PM »

I've been bullish since $200, term used back then was hopeful. I'm not a trader, so bullish or bearish really doesn't effect me.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8920 on: June 18, 2022, 04:44:27 PM »
I get your example, but it doesn't include leverage buying.

Let's say there is a steady conveyor belt of good banana harvests. Bananas are cheap and I buy x100 leverage and a bunch of other people did the same. There is constant demand for bananas, but price remains the same as supply meets demand. I'm not making any money.

Some fungus spreads and starts slowly killing banana plants, so supply is steadily reduced. Demand remains, so price increases. Myself and others cash some leverage gains in and buy with leverage again, but bigger. Price shoots up, banana addicts still keep buying at the inflated prices, supply further decreases, more leverage, price goes parabolic. It comes crashing down when banana addicts start feeling nauseous and stop buying bananas. Leverage winners cash out, price drops and eventually degens who messed up on leverage go broke and it all unwinds. Bananas are now cheap, scarce and there isn't much appetite for them.

Without leverage in this example banana prices go up lets says 10% every harvest due to ever increasing scarcity, until a new equilibrium between demand and supply is reached.

Without demand, leverage and scarcity you wouldn't get this parabolic type of price action. Without demand there is no price action, without leverage and scarcity there are no parabolic bullruns or capitulations.

Less coins now therefore it’s more scarce yet price is -70%.

I can’t word it any other way as I’m redarded. Ponder this and if you get it, accept it and then you can move more freely in your thinking. I’m not trying to be rude, I can’t explain this very well at all and I know in me trying I’ll do a piss poor job and look like an idiot.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8921 on: June 18, 2022, 04:53:38 PM »
When you start hearing very dramatic price rise predictions, it typically means the party is almost over. When Bitcoin was at 60k, there was talk of 250k.

You’re hearing the same about Oil, now.

‘Wakey, wakey. We are not going back to normal business in a few months’: A top hedge-fund manager says crude oil prices could hit $250 this year – Fortune

https://fortune.com/2022/03/24/oil-prices-rise-250-2022-pierre-andurand/

Coinbase have a 5,000 BTC loan which they went long and are near liquidation price. Crazy.

Looks like that double top on oil was playing out, not quite a double top but close. This is a very good sign for me. Things are all pointing towards Q2 recession which means CPI will be under control by Q4 and we go agains on the next inflationary wave (in my strategy).

The CPI will be a magical fix. We will see the % drop but prices will be sticky and everyone will be confused. Q4 2021 CPi was already 7% meaning our CPI begins getting compared to historic numbers that were already topping out and therefore drops towards the 2%-3% target.

This CPI one is pretty much pure evil on how to fuck with metrics and hide it from people.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8922 on: June 19, 2022, 12:19:47 AM »
For my American friends, Asia already retested and was rejected. My current feed, people are joyful, happy, all tweeting messages about how we are so early and the space needs to mature.

We Can buy BTC from Grayscale for 12k right now.

my next line was at that mark So let’s see if Wall St begin knocking on Grayscale’s door to buy. If they aren’t interested at 12k you need to ask yourself, why are you buying.

epic is back

• Getbig V
  • It is only in darkness that light is brightest
« Reply #8923 on: June 19, 2022, 03:06:53 AM »

or you could just stop pretending you know whats going on,  and pretending your ahead of the curve like some swami

why dont you just just shut up for a week,

if you can

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #8924 on: June 19, 2022, 11:52:15 AM »
or you could just stop pretending you know whats going on,  and pretending your ahead of the curve like some swami

why dont you just just shut up for a week,

if you can

Price forecasting has a very long history of failure. It doesn’t work. Why? There are too many variables. So, the predictions end up being a guess.

https://www.fool.com/the-ascent/cryptocurrency/articles/could-bitcoin-hit-200000-in-2022/

Cryptocurrency analysts are a quirky, opinionated bunch. An article two weeks ago published on Insider.com -- formerly Business Insider -- cited the following price predictions from investment banking analysts: Goldman Sachs forecast BTC would reach $100,000 in 2022; JPMorgan had it at $148,000 last November but slashed it to $38,000 last month; while Citigroup projected Bitcoin would reach $318,000 by Dec. 2021 and has not revised that target.