Author Topic: If Evolution Is True, Does That Disprove God?  (Read 92927 times)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: If Evolution Is True, Does That Disprove God?
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2015, 01:17:27 AM »
There are certainly delusional people in the world.

:)

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2015, 02:23:42 AM »
There are certainly delusional people in the world.

:)

Ain't that the truth...

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2015, 06:16:54 AM »
When I was younger, I had a very high fever and was drifting in and out of consciousness. As my Mother tried to help me cool down, I hallucinated that I was on a beach in Hawaii. It was very real to me - I could smell the salt in the air. I could feel the sand under my feet and the sun on my skin. And yet, it was a hallucination.

Despite how real it felt at the time – and how vivid the memory is to this day – I can't reasonably claim that I was in Hawaii, enjoying the beach.

The only thing I doubt about this experience is that you actually had a mother.    :D

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2015, 06:22:11 AM »
Ain't that the truth...

Obviously a shot at tbombz, myself, other believers.......the deluded.

What I find interesting is given your rational analysis and critique and methodical, scientific approach to life you still insist upon arguing with said "window-licking, delusionite bibliotards".

Lemme guess, " 'arguing' with intellectual inferiors is great entertainment" right?  ;)

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2015, 09:58:46 AM »
Obviously a shot at tbombz, myself, other believers.......the deluded.

But tbombz's comment wasn't "a shot" right? Give me a break...

What I find interesting is given your rational analysis and critique and methodical, scientific approach to life you still insist upon arguing with said "window-licking, delusionite bibliotards".

Using quotation marks in the way you did here suggests that the quoted words are mine when, in fact, they aren't. You ought to review what quotation marks mean and remind yourself of how to use them.

Lemme guess, " 'arguing' with intellectual inferiors is great entertainment" right?  ;)

You keep trying to put words in my mouth. Please stop being a douchebag.

It's not about fun. And it's got nothing to do with how one stacks on the intellectual scale. I feel as strongly that my position is correct and yours is not as you about the opposite. Why should I not engage you in debate?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2015, 10:42:02 AM »
But tbombz's comment wasn't "a shot" right? Give me a break...

Using quotation marks in the way you did here suggests that the quoted words are mine when, in fact, they aren't. You ought to review what quotation marks mean and remind yourself of how to use them.

You keep trying to put words in my mouth. Please stop being a douchebag.

It's not about fun. And it's got nothing to do with how one stacks on the intellectual scale. I feel as strongly that my position is correct and yours is not as you about the opposite. Why should I not engage you in debate?

I should stop being a "douchebag"......really?   I should stop being a "douchebag" LOL.  

Man, I have patiently weathered a seemingly endless barrage of insults, potshots and mocking from you and others for YEARS now.   I only call out others on their behavior today because I'm SO versed in it and I don't tolerate it anymore.

Here within the the top four threads on this board you added the following casual potshots and mocking towards tbombz....this is only four brief threads.

Serious business, that...  

It's because he's a figment of your imagination, that's why.

I'm sorry - I don't speak bullshit.

As long as bunny suits aren't involved...

There's plenty wrong in this question but it's Sunday so let's have a bit of fun

Unless you can, your entire post is drivel.

I still care for and love the members of this board (you included) with a love in me grounded in Jesus Christ.  I also regularly pray for members of this board because I love them.....sincerely I love them and love you with a Christian love in Jesus Christ. 

Yet, that doesn't mean I have to continue to just "take it" (or watch others take it) and say nothing about it.   I publically call out other "believers" for their behavior as well....I would expect others to do the same of me.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2015, 12:18:05 PM »
I should stop being a "douchebag"......really?   I should stop being a "douchebag" LOL.

Yes. You intentionally manufactured quotes and made it sound like those were my words. That makes you a douchebag. Cut it out.

Man, I have patiently weathered a seemingly endless barrage of insults, potshots and mocking from you and others for YEARS now.   I only call out others on their behavior today because I'm SO versed in it and I don't tolerate it anymore.

What's the matter? Did you run out of cheeks to turn? ;D

Here within the the top four threads on this board you added the following casual potshots and mocking towards tbombz....this is only four brief threads.

Serious business, that...  

There's plenty wrong in this question but it's Sunday so let's have a bit of fun

Unless you can, your entire post is drivel.

I still care for and love the members of this board (you included) with a love in me grounded in Jesus Christ.  I also regularly pray for members of this board because I love them.....sincerely I love them and love you with a Christian love in Jesus Christ.  

Yet, that doesn't mean I have to continue to just "take it" (or watch others take it) and say nothing about it.   I publically call out other "believers" for their behavior as well....I would expect others to do the same of me.

Notice how out of every single quote of mine in this last post, none match the ones you quoted and attributed to me earlier. It's fair game to call me out on what I write. It's douchebaggery to call me out on what I didn't write.

Now, with that out of the way, let me address each and every quote of mine you included in your post.

It's my position that tbombz's and your God is a figment of your imagination. I don't hide that fact. I am here and I am open to being convinced that he isn't. Prove me wrong.

It's true - I don't. And it's an appropriate response to Taylor's nonsense.

Well, it is almost Halloween...

I don't work on Sundays, so I have more time to make posts.

Unless you can, your entire post is drivel

If you are trying to prove something exists but can't provide a definition of what you're trying to prove exists, then yes, your proof is drivel.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2015, 01:02:08 PM »
Yes. You intentionally manufactured quotes and made it sound like those were my words. That makes you a douchebag. Cut it out.

What's the matter? Did you run out of cheeks to turn? ;D

Notice how out of every single quote of mine in this last post, none match the ones you quoted and attributed to me earlier. It's fair game to call me out on what I write. It's douchebaggery to call me out on what I didn't write.

Now, with that out of the way, let me address each and every quote of mine you included in your post.

It's my position that tbombz's and your God is a figment of your imagination. I don't hide that fact. I am here and I am open to being convinced that he isn't. Prove me wrong.

It's true - I don't. And it's an appropriate response to Taylor's nonsense.

Well, it is almost Halloween...

I don't work on Sundays, so I have more time to make posts.

Unless you can, your entire post is drivel[/b]

If you are trying to prove something exists but can't provide a definition of what you're trying to prove exists, then yes, your proof is drivel.

I apologize.  You did not call me or tbombz "window-licking, delusionite bibliotards" like so many others have.

I also apologize for guessing that your motivation for engaging in these discussion is because "'arguing' with intellectual inferiors is great entertainment" (like others have).

I apologize for making those assumptions about you.

I have no comments on your follow-ups.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2015, 01:19:29 PM »
We cool! *fistbump*