Author Topic: What A Weird Pope You Have There  (Read 20113 times)

BBSSchlemiel

• Getbig IV
Re: What A Weird Pope You Have There
« Reply #175 on: January 01, 2021, 08:15:31 PM »
Whatever your personal feelings are regarding homosexuality, in the Bible it's quite clear what their position is, there's no interpretation or any wiggle room. The Pope is a kook.

With the systemic homosexuality and abuse, despite being born and raised a Catholic, I just couldn't continue on with a clear conscious in that religion. It's too bad, there are a lot of good things and good people in that religion and I miss belonging to an organization with such a long tradition. It's now a primarily Leftist organization and brings with it all the evils of that ideology.

Have you ever looked into SSPX?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #176 on: January 01, 2021, 08:43:35 PM »
Have you ever looked into SSPX
Pellius hit the keyword there. Organization. That's when religion went from a belief system to a money-making, power-grabbing conglomerate.

Religion was never meant to be a business on any level. Or maybe it was

Fear.  Control.  Money.

There should be 13 commandments now.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #177 on: January 01, 2021, 08:52:28 PM »
Catholics worship man and not God. At least thats my understanding.

That is not my understanding and I was married to a Catholic for almost 52 years. I think I would have notice if that were the case. As with any Christian religion, Jesus and his teachings figure very highly as do those of God. In the name of "The Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit" are not names for different parts of God, but one name for God because three persons exist in God as one entity.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #178 on: January 01, 2021, 08:56:01 PM »
That is not my understanding and I was married to a Catholic for almost 52 years. I think I would have notice if that were the case. As with any Christian religion, Jesus and his teachings figure very highly as do those of God. In the name of "The Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit" are not names for different parts of God, but one name for God because three persons exist in God as one entity.
You just got excited when you thought that dudes were existing in other dudes. It was metaphorically speaking.

Wasn't some type of Hebrew centipede shit.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #179 on: January 01, 2021, 08:59:14 PM »
You just got excited when you thought that dudes were existing in other dudes. It was metaphorically speaking.

Wasn't some type of Hebrew centipede shit.

It is a little early in the New Year for you have gone completely berserk. ;)

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #180 on: December 07, 2023, 05:50:38 PM »
Where has the weird, climate commie Pope gone? Never hear about him at all.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #181 on: December 07, 2023, 07:34:22 PM »
Where has the weird, climate commie Pope gone? Never hear about him at all.

I saw him at the Vatican in September. Seemed ok. Might be having health issues

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #182 on: December 19, 2023, 12:25:34 AM »
My wife is a deeply religious Catholic (almost nun-like) and all of the Practicing Catholics I know including my Priest friend thinks he’s whack job.

Thing is, it's unlikely you or your wife have extensively studied the history of the catholic popes. On the surface they are all roses, but dig deep, and it is a pretty dark place. Murders, covering up all sorts of sexual deviances.. So for any modern day catholic, to dislike this pope, tells me they have purposely not delved into the history... they would be appalled.. or should.  PS.My wife is catholic so don't get your shorts in a bunch. She refused so look at any negative history. Now we recently watched on Netflix the Magnificent Medici. It encompasses the history of Florence in the 1400's. Certainly an eye opener for my wife though pretty much what I expected from my research. Bottom line, this pope his head and shoulders above a vast majority of the popes in history. If she's interested in facts..

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #183 on: December 19, 2023, 12:28:10 AM »
We saw the pope at the Vatican this year. Not my thing but my wife who endured catholic schools was a fan. Of all the Popes of my lifetime, in my opinion, he is the one closest to what Christ teaches. 

Dorian Cutler

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #185 on: February 18, 2024, 07:45:17 AM »
Whatever your personal feelings are regarding homosexuality, in the Bible it's quite clear what their position is, there's no interpretation or any wiggle room. The Pope is a kook.

With the systemic homosexuality and abuse, despite being born and raised a Catholic, I just couldn't continue on with a clear conscious in that religion. It's too bad, there are a lot of good things and good people in that religion and I miss belonging to an organization with such a long tradition. It's now a primarily Leftist organization and brings with it all the evils of that ideology.
you mean the old testament or also the new testament? Citation welcome

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #186 on: February 19, 2024, 12:12:05 AM »
you mean the old testament or also the new testament? Citation welcome
You know he's dead, right?

Dorian Cutler

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #187 on: February 19, 2024, 12:25:17 AM »
You know he's dead, right?
I wasnt awareof that. We need white stars or somehing for. The members that are PIP :-\