Author Topic: Canada's Maxime Boudreault  (Read 1460 times)

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
Canada's Maxime Boudreault
« on: June 24, 2021, 01:40:07 AM »
-

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
Re: Canada's Maxime Boudreault
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2021, 02:15:35 AM »
"The Beast Who Came Out Of Nowhere."

Hey there - hang on now...this big fellar lives just up the road from me right here in Thunder Bay. He's not from "Nowhere", and...oh wait.

;D ;D ;D

I never thought I'd see the day when Thunder Bay's Strongest Man was also the world's third strongest man. And when the world's strongest autistic was also the World's Strongest Man himself. Or not to sound too much like Rob Kearney...let's just say I think it's pretty cool that the current World's Strongest Man is autistic. :) Way to represent!

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2021, 02:23:00 AM »
"The Beast Who Came Out Of Nowhere."

Hey there - hang on now...this big fellar lives just up the road from me right here in Thunder Bay. He's not from "Nowhere", and...oh wait.

;D ;D ;D

I never thought I'd see the day when Thunder Bay's Strongest Man was also the world's third strongest man. And when the world's strongest autistic was also the World's Strongest Man himself. Or not to sound too much like Rob Kearney...let's just say I think it's pretty cool that the current World's Strongest Man is autistic. :) Way to represent!

Kearney just found out he has nut-cancer and had it removed. Too bad, he was just about back fully (numbers wise) after his tricep tear.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2021, 02:27:19 AM »
Kearney just found out he has nut-cancer and had it removed. Too bad, he was just about back fully (numbers wise) after his tricep tear.

Dang, that sucks. Cancer is never good.

Hopefully he recovers.

Kearney is inspiring to me as a man under 5'10". It's rare to have competitors under 5'10" at that level.

He is probably literally just around the 5'10" mark - and at 285-lb is the "smallest" competitor there.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2021, 02:54:59 AM »
I am sure he is a well rounded athlete but he just doesn't look big enough to be WSM. We have seen legit 400lb men winning the last few years.

He placed 10th in the deadlift and 7th in the squat the two pure strength events. Does that really make him the 3rd strongest man in the world???

https://barbend.com/2021-worlds-strongest-man-results/

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2021, 03:05:49 AM »
I am sure he is a well rounded athlete but he just doesn't look big enough to be WSM. We have seen legit 400lb men winning the last few years.

He placed 10th in the deadlift and 7th in the squat the two pure strength events. Does that really make him the 3rd strongest man in the world???

https://barbend.com/2021-worlds-strongest-man-results/

Valid question.

How do you measure strength yourself, B. Hank?

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2021, 03:21:27 AM »
Valid question.

How do you measure strength yourself, B. Hank?

For me it is not so simple. People talk about 1rm weight moved but that is a lot of CNS adaptation and technique in my mind. Also I have to think of my entire body when I think of strong. Can I move? Do I have a spring in my step? Do I have energy? Does everything feel pumped all the time. Do I feel full? Do I feel like I could tackle a bear? Do I have breath? Can I swim and surf and do pullups and bench press will I be able to bend my knees and snowboard 8 hours on the mountain? Can I carry my son without getting exhausted?  These intangible attributes tell me more about my personal strength than I lifted X weight for X reps. Having said that I can just tell when I am strong I know my body and my lifts but I can tell if I am strong doing reps and sets. I don't need to do a single rep max to know where I am at. When you are strong fully trained and healthy you can feel it everything feels different.

I have always considered the weight tools not goals. A powerlifting is doing a completely different movement than a bodybuilder. They are deliberately bringing in as many different muscles and momentum as possible to move the weight whereas a bodybuilder is doing the exact opposite making it as hard as possibly by isolating. I want to make light weights feel heavy not make heavy weights feel light. I want to feel every rep in every fiber.

However when talking WSM I feel it is difficult to make the argument and claim if half a dozen dudes can lift more than you on all the standard lifts. It is supposed to be WSM not crossfit games

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2021, 01:00:38 PM »
^ B. Hank,

For a personal definition, that makes sense.

I feel similarly, which is part of why I want be 175-lb is because I want to be the fastest man in my city who can bench press 350. I also want to be within reach of my BMI, have  blood pressure of 110/70, a resting heart rate under 55, and have all other health markers not only in the healthy range, but in the optimal range. I don't want a gut, which I assume will make it harder to get full use of your dick when you fornicate with a woman. It is my preference to not use cycles, except maybe 3-week oral cycles a few times a decade, just to look good for brief windows so that I can claim to be natural in those pictures. Jk.  ;D Mainly because I don't want my testicles and my hairline to retreat!

There's an ad on YouTube that's been playing recently...maybe for Hotels.com or something...in it, a bellhop from the future comes and gives his last self a bunch of information. The past self asks the future self visiting him if he has anything else to say, and he takes off his bellhop hat and says "We're bald."

Also, ugly -  but that doesn't get mentioned.

So as you can see - I have many goals which prevent from being my personal strongest in terms of absolute numbers I can achieve; mainly a body weight bottleneck.

I do not wish to be 180-lb or more, and I don't want to have a physique that I need to juice to maintain.

How many retired pros look like they never picked up a weight in their life, let alone juiced to the gills for years? That must be a tough pill to swallow. Especially if they not only maintain few if any of their juice gains, but also have side effects to that stick around.  :-\

I want to be the strongest I can be within a HUGE number of constraints that seriously limit me.

But back to strength, what contest do you think measures pure strength the most accurately in your opinion?

Dreadlifter

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2021, 03:14:44 AM »

2020 winner Oleksii Novikov 6'1" and 300lbs
2019 winner Martins Licis 6'3" and ~340lbs

So it's not all three 400lbs behemoths winning

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2021, 04:44:47 AM »
WSM relies on more than static strength. Jouko Ahola was smallish for winning in his day (6", 275 lbs) won it twice, won many more shows.

Arnold Strongman is king when it comes to static strength. We'll see in OCT...
Ahola (A-Hole) was normally 1st or 2nd in his Strongman contests.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2021, 06:57:44 PM »
^ B. Hank,

For a personal definition, that makes sense.

I feel similarly, which is part of why I want be 175-lb is because I want to be the fastest man in my city who can bench press 350. I also want to be within reach of my BMI, have  blood pressure of 110/70, a resting heart rate under 55, and have all other health markers not only in the healthy range, but in the optimal range. I don't want a gut, which I assume will make it harder to get full use of your dick when you fornicate with a woman. It is my preference to not use cycles, except maybe 3-week oral cycles a few times a decade, just to look good for brief windows so that I can claim to be natural in those pictures. Jk.  ;D Mainly because I don't want my testicles and my hairline to retreat!

T