Author Topic: Nick's Finishing Touches  (Read 9180 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Nick's Finishing Touches
« Reply #100 on: June 20, 2021, 11:00:42 AM »
Exactly! Everybody seems to discount the fact that a lot of guys when they retire just stop weight training altogether and certainly don't eat like they use to do.

Here's an interesting example for you old-school wrestling fans. Remember the Ultimate Warrior from 1992?

That whole rumor of being two different guys playing the character started because Warrior (Jim Hellwig) came back 30 pounds lighter, smoother, and rocking shorter hair. Of course, it was while McMahon was being grilled for steroids in the WWF (and subsequently the WBF). So, he started testing everyone for everything but the kitchen sink.

Was Warrior smaller? Yes. Was he a complete twig? Absolutely not!

Of course, he started using them again to get harden up (even though he didn't regain all of his size) and got fired two weeks before Survivor Series....But that is another tale ;D.

As long as you keep up the other stuff, when you get off the anabolics, you'll be smaller with more bodyfat. But you'll still be swole.

Most worked for a living.  Supposedly Arnold and Franco were the only ones to actually make money from bodybuilding (guest posing and courses) and it was said to be around $50,000 a year for Arnold.   Then someone thought it would make a good "career" and so it began.  Lazy men and women everywhere took drugs and sold their holes and souls only to wind up for the greater part like Denise Rutkowski, a free range hobo-ess.

Rutkowski (the white Lenda Murray) was a straight-up crackhead. That lead to her being a free range hobo-ess.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #101 on: June 21, 2021, 01:05:29 PM »
It's always refreshing to read someone using logic and reason, as well as good old common sense, when making an argument.

Thanks.

Shouldn't the real concern be these 212 guys? What are all the weird things they're doing to get down to 212 when they're weighed, only to balloon back up to 225 (or more) when they actually compete?

Nobody can tell me that James "Flex" Lewis weighed only 212 for any of his wins. It may be safer for him to do the open.

I recall reading an interview with Johnnie Jackson, on how he and his then-wife had him running outside in sweats and doing all kinds of silliness to get him to 198 for the NPC Nationals. Once he was officially deemed a light-heavyweight, he drank and ate his weight up 17 pounds to compete on stage (where he won the whole show).

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #102 on: June 21, 2021, 01:25:20 PM »
Such an idiotic pursuit bodybuilding. If you’re going to put the time and money into something at least make sure it pays enough to pay your rent.

I wonder at what age a paying IFBB card holder realizes this . If ever

WoooSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  le VRO neeeeeeeee

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #103 on: June 21, 2021, 02:11:19 PM »
If this isn't proof that it's all drugs...Just look at this bean pole!  "Genetics"?  FTN.  I've seen 70s champions and my friends when they were off and they were average at worst and at best it looked like they lifted a bit. 

Being able to temporarily survive a drug regimen that would make Dr. Mengele blush isn't "genetics", it's dumb-fuck-luck.

He did this over a period of 9 years, not 9 months.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: June 22, 2021, 12:23:22 AM »
Wow Overload! I've always considered you a pretty knowledgeable guy and shocked at the sheer nonsense of this post. Drugs over food to get big.
Say you get two identical clones maintaining a consistent weight at 2,500 calories a day training the exact same way. One clone takes 2 grams of gear a day but maintains his current caloric and macro nutrient ratio at 2,500 calories per day. The second clone remains natural, still trains, but increases his caloric intake by 1,500 calories. After three months who is bigger?

Working with bodybuilders? What does that mean? You do know that many increase their drug intake yet lose weight and lose muscle when prepping for a show?

The 20 pounds you gained was a lot of water weight. Your diet didn't remain the same. You can't build something out of nothing.

I've been around and training amatuer bodybuilders for 20+ years. It's all drugs.

In your scenario, the clone on drugs would make massive gains over there other, no questions asked.

I've done it. At 225 pounds and 600mg of gear, eating 2500 calories a day. After 4 months of training i observed the following:

1. Increase calories to 4k per day. No changes to AAS.

2. Leave calories alone and increase gear to 3k per week. Test, Eq, Dbol.

In scenario 2 i gained 40 pounds of weight. Same diet, same workouts. AND i was 4% leaner in BF.

Bodybuilding is all drugs, just because you've never experienced walking around lean at 260 pounds on massive amounts of drugs doesn't mean i'm wrong.

I've lived it. Eating more calories makes you FAT. Unless you are on a lot of gear. It's yin-yang. You need to increase your drugs and food to get big. But if you only increase food you will be fat. If you only increase gear you will get bigger. It's not that difficult to understand. I agree that you need both, but if you removed food not much changes, if you remove gear you shrink in a matter of weeks.

Of course it's water weight, if Mr Olympia quit taking AAS for 6 months he'd lose 100 pounds.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: June 22, 2021, 12:25:30 AM »
What are all the weird things they're doing to get down to 212 when they're weighed, only to balloon back up to 225 (or more) when they actually compete?

Diuretics and fast acting steroids.

I've lost 30 pounds in 3 weeks, weighed in at 220 pounds and was 236 pounds 16 hours later.

Welcome to powerlifting.

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #106 on: June 22, 2021, 01:04:37 AM »
You know, one could make the statement (cuz it's no arugument) that Paris' physique shits all over the turd that is this Nick's bloated sprayed on diarrhea tan body.  But Nick probably wants a "Ferrigno" (i.e., $20) for even having someone mention him getting crapped on so I'll just say that Paris is vastly superior in both physique and looks. ;D

Nick looks like he's doing his famous "O-Facial" pose...Very poopular with the schmoes.  FTN.

One body and look could be described best as art, the other nothing but body vandalism, modern bodybuilding is nothing more than drugs with no shape or symmetry covenants. Like comparing Formula 1 to drag cars, one is speed and skill the other just horse power in a straight line or in this case drugs,drugs and more drugs nothing more.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #107 on: June 22, 2021, 01:17:31 AM »
One body and look could be described best as art, the other nothing but body vandalism, modern bodybuilding is nothing more than drugs with no shape or symmetry covenants. Like comparing Formula 1 to drag cars, one is speed and skill the other just horse power in a straight line or in this case drugs,drugs and more drugs nothing more.
Good post......great analogy !!

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #108 on: June 22, 2021, 03:19:41 AM »
I've been around and training amatuer bodybuilders for 20+ years. It's all drugs.

In your scenario, the clone on drugs would make massive gains over there other, no questions asked.

I've done it. At 225 pounds and 600mg of gear, eating 2500 calories a day. After 4 months of training i observed the following:

In scenario 2 i gained 40 pounds of weight. Same diet, same workouts. AND i was 4% leaner in BF.

Bodybuilding is all drugs, just because you've never experienced walking around lean at 260 pounds on massive amounts of drugs doesn't mean i'm wrong.

I've lived it. Eating more calories makes you FAT. Unless you are on a lot of gear. It's yin-yang. You need to increase your drugs and food to get big. But if you only increase food you will be fat. If you only increase gear you will get bigger. It's not that difficult to understand. I agree that you need both, but if you removed food not much changes, if you remove gear you shrink in a matter of weeks.

Of course it's water weight, if Mr Olympia quit taking AAS for 6 months he'd lose 100 pounds.
That's the way smart people view it. Pellius owned into oblivion.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #109 on: June 22, 2021, 03:43:13 AM »
Don't be sad Nick, I'm not saying you aren't huge, I'm just saying I have a thing for symmetry and beauty (bit h0mo, sure...)

I would rather be built like Nick than Paris all day everyday

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #110 on: June 22, 2021, 04:03:38 AM »

Good post, Bhank.

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
« Reply #111 on: June 22, 2021, 05:15:02 AM »

::)

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #112 on: June 22, 2021, 05:54:14 AM »
death cult of peace

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #113 on: June 22, 2021, 09:18:53 AM »
I’ve actually tried this myself, I gained a lot more on gear eating like 2200 calories a day vs I was clean and eating 3500 calories a day

I was leaner, muscles popped more and hard while on gear and eating low calories

I agree with overload

However, to be a successful bber all three has to be on point, training, eating, and drugs

But a local gym rats, if you are consistent with training, decent to average genetics, eating here and there, IMO, again, drugs are the most important from my experience

When someone tells me they got bigger I am assuming that they have gained more weight. That can only be done of a caloric surplus. You can mess with conditioning and body proportions and look quite different at the same weight but you won't be bigger in the sense that it is defined. Your arms may get bigger but something else will get smaller, say your waist line.

But don't lose sight of the original argument. Prowler made the statement that it is 1000% drugs. That implies that if someone takes enough drugs and peptides he can be the size and condition of a pro bber. It is that I disagree with. You have to have the genetics to be a Dexter.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: June 22, 2021, 09:20:29 AM »
Yes, but let me give you another scenario. To clones, same training and diet and calorie intake, but one is on gear the other is not. The guy on the gear will get more muscle and lower body fat than the natty.

So gear works. But yes, beyond a certain level its effects my be diminishing or counter productive.

I had a friend (world class powerlifter) who made amazing gains on a moderate dosage of test + deca. Looked amazing, He decided, for various reasons to move up a bodyweight class, and then even more more class after that. He upped the test + deca dosage, added in winstrol and anadrol. He lifted more than ever, but became really bloated and puffy looking, not helped by the fact that he was quite short to begin with. He broke personal records at that higher class, but is ideal weight in my view was back down to where he was with the lower dosages.

Cool story bro, but the argument was never about whether hormones or peptides work.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: June 22, 2021, 09:23:42 AM »
Genetics = response to drugs...

That's all I've been trying to say. Not just drugs but food and training as well. It is your genetic predisposition that will determine how far you can go.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: June 22, 2021, 09:29:41 AM »

You've been lean at 260 lbs. Please post a pic to back that up.

So you think anybody -- ANYBODY -- can get to pro size and condition if they just took enough hormones and peptides?

How did you measure your body fat?

So you gained 40 pounds of muscle (actually more since you also lost body fat) while reducing your calories by 1,000. So how was all that muscle developed? Are you saying that drugs just create muscle without a corresponding increase, and in your case an actual decrease, in calories?

homebodybuilding

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #117 on: June 22, 2021, 09:33:59 AM »

So you think anybody -- ANYBODY -- can get to pro size and condition if they just took enough hormones and peptides?
Are you saying drugs don´t work?
you were gh15´s biggest fan  :D

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: June 22, 2021, 09:37:47 AM »
Are you saying drugs don´t work?
you were gh15´s biggest fan  :D

I take it you either didn't read this whole thread or your comprehension and memory is on the level of a kid with Down's syndrome that just experienced a concussion.

I can see joswift shaking his head and laughing at your comment.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #119 on: June 22, 2021, 09:44:47 AM »

How did you measure your body fat?

So you gained 40 pounds of muscle (actually more since you also lost body fat) while reducing your calories by 1,000. So how was all that muscle developed? Are you saying that drugs just create muscle without a corresponding increase, and in your case an actual decrease, in calories?

Maybe he actually processed more calories despite eating less maybe he became 100% efficient and didn't poop maybe before he was just pooping it all out undigested

But yes otherwise agree simple physics you have to eat more to grow yes stimulation and hormonal support can tell your body to grow but without calories it isn't going to happen. You can starve to death waste away and die on 5g of gear a week if you don't eat. You can't add weight without eating your body can't just create matter from nothing.

Also yeah I get called out despite doing a weigh in on camera this guy wants to claim 260 and ripped we need a pic at least

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #120 on: June 22, 2021, 09:49:02 AM »

Notice you didn't say how long you did either scenario. How long did you eat 4000 calories, without bumping up your anabolic use, one month? Two months? Three months?

Are we to believe that you jacked your food intake up by 1500 calories per day, while using performance-enhancing drugs, yet made NO GAINS WHATSOEVER?

Said another way, all 40 of those pounds came from scenario 2 vs. scenario 1?

The guys who focus on the diet and take as little pharmaceuticals as possible are the one that keep most of their size, upon cessation of PEDs.

You've made Pellius' point. You go off anabolics and eat like a concentration camp victim; you'll shrink like cheap bacon.

balsac69

• Getbig III
« Reply #121 on: June 22, 2021, 09:54:40 AM »

"Body vandalism" sums it up pretty well.

homebodybuilding

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #122 on: June 22, 2021, 10:48:43 AM »
I take it you either didn't read this whole thread or your comprehension and memory is on the level of a kid with Down's syndrome that just experienced a concussion.

I can see joswift shaking his head and laughing at your comment.
Who is joeswift? why is he relevant ?
Fact is you are a druggie, maybe your memory is not good?

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #123 on: June 22, 2021, 02:03:32 PM »

T

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: June 22, 2021, 03:08:26 PM »
Look, you cant just take enough drugs and magically be a pro bodybuilder.
You cant be a succesful pro bodybuilder without them.
But if you think its simply down to just upping the dose and eating than you clearly have no idea.

I have been around bodybuilders for over 30 years, I have known peopel do everything right, lived like Spartans taken all the right drugs and fucking zippo, nothing.
Alternatively I have seen guys party all weekend eat shit and just chuck in 500 mgs of test every week or so and grow like weeds

What makes a pro bodybuilder is response to drugs, its that simple
And by response to drugs Im talkin g how food is absorbed and used in the body to convert into muscle tissue.
Intense training , aminos (which contain around 20 calories per gram) and anabolics creates muscle, not shit loads of food, all that will do is make you fat.