Author Topic: Nick's Finishing Touches  (Read 9174 times)

Eldon

• Getbig III
Re: Nick's Finishing Touches
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2021, 08:22:45 PM »

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2021, 08:23:29 PM »

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Shredded.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2021, 09:30:43 PM »
It`ll prove just how bad bodybuilding has gone down the shitter.

People used to say bodybuilding went downhill once Dorian started winning his Sandows...but exactly where was bodybuilding supposed to go?  The guys in the 1990s got considerably bigger, and were in many cases, just as conditioned if not more conditioned [individuals varied].  Aesthetics took a dive, but what could you expect, given the massive increase in size, no doubt caused by the massive increase in doses?

These days, bodybuilding truly HAS gone downhill...in that the guys are generally smaller than the guys in the 1990s.  Possibly just as lean, but on average, smaller than the top bodybuilders of Ronnie's era.

That could be because there are more categories in the IFBB to compete in now, diluting the talent pool for the open bodybuilding class...or it could be because bodybuilding simply maxed out with Ronnie Coleman, in terms of human genetic potential.

Or maybe...both have caused the current decline we are seeing in men's open bodybuilding in the IFBB.

Not to say these guys look bad or anything - they are simply not at the level of the 1990s IFBB pro bodybuilders, *on average*.

Or...could it be that the average is the same or better, but that the average among the elite of the IFBB pros - the top six - has declied?

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2021, 01:52:50 AM »
They all look like Stewie, or as Brian says "Lou Ferrigno's Poop"..

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2021, 02:24:29 AM »
And people think it’s all genetics lmfao 1000% drugs, nothing more.  Ugly physique as well

Can't you see how obvious it is that you are wrong? They all are juiced to the gills. What makes one a Coleman and another a Dareem Charles? You think it's because Coleman took more drugs? Take two people of the same height, weight, and build and give them the exact training routine, nutrition, and drugs. Do you really think they will progress exactly the same?

How long have you been at this? Haven't you noticed how many people juice, train hard, but would be laughed off-stage?

Do you remember Victor Conte? The maker of champions through chemicals. Even he laughed that off and said that it's not just the drugs but also a person's response to drugs -- a genetic trait. It applies to everything. How you respond to training. How you respond to caloric intake.

It's not a coincidence that guys like Jay, Ronnie, Dorian noticed that they
were just naturally stronger than everyone else in the gym. 

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2021, 03:18:01 AM »
I've seen worse physiques win shows, even during the so-called neo-"Golden Age" of the mid 90s.
Oh yeah me too but think of  Shawn Ray,Makkawy,Labrada,Wheeler,Demayo,Levrone,Nubret,Padilla,Ferrigno,Arnold,Oliva,Bannout,etc. etc. and most of the guys that placed behind them.............THAT was bodybuilding to me not a Ooompa Loompa like Branch Warren or an oilbag like Kevin English who had 5 deltoid heads, who both among many many others got gift after gift as their bodies regressed into pure shit.

Most of these big gutted non-walking goons today dont inspire me to train like the guys I listed above.

Just my opinion but Nick looks like a bag of smashed assholes.....a HUGE bag, but still a bag of smashed assholes.

All these cookie cutter 50 inch waisted bodies and reliance on gear to the point of insanity has ruined bodybuilding............ ...for me anyway.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2021, 03:33:56 AM »
The kid is amazing, he's already crushing the competition size- AND conditioning-wise at his very young age. Also no real weak points. Will make a huge impact at the Olympia

prowlermaniac

• Getbig II
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2021, 04:07:11 AM »
Can't you see how obvious it is that you are wrong? They all are juiced to the gills. What makes one a Coleman and another a Dareem Charles? You think it's because Coleman took more drugs? Take two people of the same height, weight, and build and give them the exact training routine, nutrition, and drugs. Do you really think they will progress exactly the same?

How long have you been at this? Haven't you noticed how many people juice, train hard, but would be laughed off-stage?

Do you remember Victor Conte? The maker of champions through chemicals. Even he laughed that off and said that it's not just the drugs but also a person's response to drugs -- a genetic trait. It applies to everything. How you respond to training. How you respond to caloric intake.

Nice soliloquy there, I still stand by my statement.  It is all drugs.  You call it a generic response to drugs which is a nicer way to put it but it doesn’t change a thing.  I’ve been at this for a bit, I am 99.9% sure I have attained a better physique than you, I’ve done well in competitive bodybuilding and have many friends who are currently IFBB pros in multiple divisions.  You bet your ass it is 100% who can push drugs the most coupled with good muscle shape, conditioning etc.  one of my closest friends just did his final pro show and he’s not even 30 Getz. Why you ask?  Well, he understands that to be top 5-6 at the Olympia it will require he up his dosages significantly and in turn cut years off his life.  He isn’t willing to make the trade off but I know MANY who are.  You can think what you want and that’s fine, I’m speaking from experience and being in the trenches princess.

prowlermaniac

• Getbig II
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2021, 04:08:57 AM »

Side note, yes many people take gear but walk into any gym, 99% of those fucks have no idea how to properly train and don’t even get started on nutrition.  I can tell your a fucking dweeb just by your response.  Sideline warrior your whole life

prowlermaniac

• Getbig II
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2021, 04:09:46 AM »
The kid is amazing, he's already crushing the competition size- AND conditioning-wise at his very young age. Also no real weak points. Will make a huge impact at the Olympia

Varicose veins of peace.  Wish him well but we all know how this story is going to end.

Stephano

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2021, 04:18:03 AM »

His pecs are almost laughably weak in most front and side poses.  Very short and narrow -- poor muscle insertions -- almost Heath-like.  It seems chests don't win or lose shows these days, though...

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2021, 04:23:36 AM »
Of course its all drugs, all water, all fake muscle bloat.
Hafthor went off, he lost 100 pounds. All water. Do you think Muscle tissue just dissolves and disappears?

Dusty lost 73 lbs. in a month in hospital, pure fluid. The toll that gear-usage takes on organs (liver, kidneys, heart) is amazing.
These guys ae walking water-balloons.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2021, 04:25:58 AM »
He`ll get smoked trust me......possibly lower portion of top 10 and that`s just because the judges have no fucking clue.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2021, 04:41:05 AM »
His pecs are almost laughably weak in most front and side poses.  Very short and narrow -- poor muscle insertions -- almost Heath-like.  It seems chests don't win or lose shows these days, though...

Oh poor guy, he has poor muscle insertions LIKA A 7 TIME Mr. OLYMPIA, I guess he won't do well then in the pro ranks then... ::)

prowlermaniac

• Getbig II
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2021, 05:15:57 AM »

Na, he’s going to get crushed.  Only way he places top 6 is if everyone shows up way off.  His side shots are incredible but his legs from the front are not great, at least insertion wise.  I’m not hating on the kid, I think he will place well but at the expense of taking them decades off his life. 

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2021, 05:18:39 AM »

This kid's biggest impact will be the one where while strutting the dais with his hand cupping one ear to encourage a standing schmoevation from the Fairy Queen crowd he suddenly strokes out and does an O'Hearn from the stage to the floor below.

BOOM!
Brother Wes is correct.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2021, 05:45:20 AM »
Pellius and Prowler are both correct.

The Scott and Wes are also correct.

Top competitors are trading their health for temporary muscles.

Anybody can see it's totally worth it.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2021, 05:51:51 AM »
Kid seems sharp as a marble on Fouad's Podcast.  ::)

Swollen organs of piss.

If this isn't proof that it's all drugs...Just look at this bean pole!  "Genetics"?  FTN.  I've seen 70s champions and my friends when they were off and they were average at worst and at best it looked like they lifted a bit. 

Being able to temporarily survive a drug regimen that would make Dr. Mengele blush isn't "genetics", it's dumb-fuck-luck.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2021, 05:54:19 AM »
If this isn't proof that it's all drugs...Just look at this bean pole!  "Genetics"?  FTN.  I've seen 70s champions and my friends when they were off and they were average at worst and at best it looked like they lifted a bit. 

Being able to temporarily survive a drug regimen that would make Dr. Mengele blush isn't "genetics", it's dumb-fuck-luck.

Just looking at his before picture you can see how genetically superior he was before he ever touched a drug.

I can't help being envious of someone nature so favored.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2021, 05:57:41 AM »
Just looking at his before picture you can see how genetically superior he was before he ever touched a drug.

;D That is sooooo "British" my friend.  Superb!  So "dry" it crackles.  Excellent!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2021, 06:12:33 AM »

Good post Iron Nat.  ;D

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2021, 07:27:03 AM »
A picture is worth a thousand words.

Shredded.

Absolutely - no question - he was the clear winner.  But for me, this is the age-old rhetorical question of 'which build is your personal favourite' - much more interesting  ;D

Eldon - no offence buddy, I can see you have that young man's back (so to speak) - I just prefer to differ

I look forward to the results when (if?) Mostafa gets peeled tho...  ;)
T

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2021, 07:37:17 AM »

Bro...
T

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2021, 07:40:02 AM »

Dave D gimmick account confirmed  ;D
T

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2021, 07:57:25 AM »
Sometimes, less is more.

I think these guys need to seriously reduce the dosage. It's gotten way out of hand and no longer looks even remotely aesthetically pleasing. It shouldn't be a contest to see who can morph their bodies into a science experiment gone wrong. If you end up looking more like "The Thing" from the fantastic four versus something Michaelangelo carved up, then you're likely doing it all wrong.

The idea is to be a picture of health, vitality, vigor... The envy of men and desire of women etc. When you look like one of the adverse effects described behind that vial of testosterone, you've failed in my opinion.

Then again, the largest I think bodybuilders should get is to the level of Arnold and the competitors from the 70s. Bigger than that and I think it looks retarded. I know many will disagree with me on this one and that's fine.

"1"