Author Topic: Nick's Finishing Touches  (Read 9173 times)

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
Re: Nick's Finishing Touches
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2021, 08:05:15 AM »
Sometimes, less is more.

I think these guys need to seriously reduce the dosage. It's gotten way out of hand and no longer looks even remotely aesthetically pleasing. It shouldn't be a contest to see who can morph their bodies into a science experiment gone wrong. If you end up looking more like "The Thing" from the fantastic four versus something Michaelangelo carved up, then you're likely doing it all wrong.

The idea is to be a picture of health, vitality, vigor... The envy of men and desire of women etc. When you look like one of the adverse effects described behind that vial of testosterone, you've failed in my opinion.

Then again, the largest I think bodybuilders should get is to the level of Arnold and the competitors from the 70s. Bigger than that and I think it looks retarded. I know many will disagree with me on this one and that's fine.

"1"

Well stated, brother.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2021, 08:12:47 AM »
1000 x better than Branch the goblin Warren.

Eldon

• Getbig III
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2021, 08:22:14 AM »

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2021, 08:28:19 AM »

Don't be sad Nick, I'm not saying you aren't huge, I'm just saying I have a thing for symmetry and beauty (bit h0mo, sure...)
T

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2021, 03:35:23 PM »
Absolutely - no question - he was the clear winner.  But for me, this is the age-old rhetorical question of 'which build is your personal favourite' - much more interesting  ;D

Eldon - no offence buddy, I can see you have that young man's back (so to speak) - I just prefer to differ

I look forward to the results when (if?) Mostafa gets peeled tho...  ;)

Mostafa has an amazing build.

I'd never want to look like Nick.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2021, 04:55:33 PM »
Ive been training for 30yrs, fucktard. These fools doing it for a living are idiots!

Like I haven't as well?? How is a man pursuing a sport he enjoys and getting paid to play as an adult an idiot? Every middle aged cubicle jockey in America would kill to be a pro athlete. And for every soy boy on here saying they are not aesthetic and use too much gear fuck off and go watch mens pyhsique fucking queers.  bodybuilkding has evolved people want to see the freaks.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2021, 05:13:00 PM »

LOL "prowlermaniac" learn how to use the "quote" function and how to spell before you try to make a point, you retard.

Know how to train? What, like you? The vast majority of guys on the national level hormonalize to nth degree aren't going to make it to the Olympia stage no matter what they do. Are you saying they don't know how to train and eat? Why should that even matter if it's all drugs? Like most unintelligent and illiterate meatheads you contradict your own argument but are just too stupid to realize it.

And lol @ being in the "trenches". Queers like you crack me up.

BTW, it's a "genetic" response to drugs, not "generic". God, what a dumb-dumb. How do guys like you even get through life without drowning yourself in the toilet or suffocating themselves from a plastic trash bag?

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2021, 05:25:28 PM »
Of course its all drugs, all water, all fake muscle bloat.
Hafthor went off, he lost 100 pounds. All water. Do you think Muscle tissue just dissolves and disappears?

Dusty lost 73 lbs. in a month in hospital, pure fluid. The toll that gear-usage takes on organs (liver, kidneys, heart) is amazing.
These guys ae walking water-balloons.

Wait, you are talking about something different. Of course, at some point in a man's development, he isn't getting anywhere without drugs. Dr. Walczak, who was the steroid doctor to the pros in the 70s and 80s said that you reach most of your natural potential after the first year of proper training and nutrition. It's when someone claims it's only drugs that will produce a champion, that is just demonstrably false. It is your genetic response to hormones and training. Jay Cutler didn't train harder, eat more, or take more drugs than his competition.

prowlermaniac

• Getbig II
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2021, 05:28:56 PM »
LOL "prowlermaniac" learn how to use the "quote" function and how to spell before you try to make a point, you retard.

Know how to train? What, like you? The vast majority of guys on the national level hormonalize to nth degree aren't going to make it to the Olympia stage no matter what they do. Are you saying they don't know how to train and eat? Why should that even matter if it's all drugs? Like most unintelligent and illiterate meatheads you contradict your own argument but are just too stupid to realize it.

And lol @ being in the "trenches". Queers like you crack me up.

Oh I misspelled a word, you got me.  You’re a typical keyboard warrior.  Genetic response to what?  Drugs you fucking jackass.  Plenty of pros know how to train and eat but you can’t change your genetic structure however you can can ungodly massive pushing drugs.  Plenty of examples of the latter you fucking cuck. 
BTW, it's a "genetic" response to drugs, not "generic". God, what a dumb-dumb. How do guys like you even get through life without drowning yourself in the toilet or suffocating themselves from a plastic trash bag?

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2021, 05:30:18 PM »
If this isn't proof that it's all drugs...Just look at this bean pole!  "Genetics"?  FTN.  I've seen 70s champions and my friends when they were off and they were average at worst and at best it looked like they lifted a bit. 

Being able to temporarily survive a drug regimen that would make Dr. Mengele blush isn't "genetics", it's dumb-fuck-luck.

You know very well that for every one person that shows a good response to drugs there are literally thousands that are juicing that don't. Many are on this board.

Drugs are a necessary but insufficient condition to get to the pro level. It's all genetics. And it's like that in other sports as well. It wasn't just hard training that made Michael Jordan a legend. A lot of his contemporaries trained just as hard. He was a gifted human being.

prowlermaniac

• Getbig II
« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2021, 05:30:22 PM »
Wait, you are talking about something different. Of course, at some point in a man's development, he isn't getting anywhere without drugs. Dr. Walczak, who was the steroid doctor to the pros in the 70s and 80s said that you reach most of your natural potential after the first year of proper training and nutrition. It's when someone claims it's only drugs that will produce a champion, that is just demonstrably false. It is your genetic response to hormones and training. Jay Cutler didn't train harder, eat more, or take more drugs than his competition.

Im guessing you were shooting jays ass daily to make that last statement

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2021, 05:31:32 PM »

Im guessing you were shooting jays ass daily to make that last statement

Wow! What a comeback! Your massive intellect on full display here.

prowlermaniac

• Getbig II
« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2021, 05:32:36 PM »
You know very well that for every one person that shows a good response to drugs there are literally thousands that are juicing that don't. Many are on this board.

Drugs are a necessary but insufficient condition to get to the pro level. It's all genetics. And it's like that in other sports as well. It wasn't just hard training that made Michael Jordan a legend. A lot of his contemporaries trained just as hard. He was a gifted human being.

Thousands that train like guys and eat like birds, yes.  Guys training properly + pushing drugs will make significant progress.  I never said they’d be MR Olympia

prowlermaniac

• Getbig II
« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2021, 05:33:21 PM »
Wow! What a comeback! Your massive intellect on full display here.

Ouch, I’m offended princess

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2021, 05:37:37 PM »
Just looking at his before picture you can see how genetically superior he was before he ever touched a drug.

I can't help being envious of someone nature so favored.

Just like Arnold.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2021, 05:40:39 PM »
Pellius is correct some guys will always look like shit no matter what they take other guys look great from day 1 at any size. It's genetics but it is also nurture by the time people go on gear they are adults. Were they athletes as children did they spend the first 18 years playing sports or video games. We can't pretend the first 20 years of life don't matter. You can't just feed a slob an unlimited amount of anabolics and expect them to become Mr Olympia it doesn't work that way.

Also I don't believe the doses even at the pro level have changed much at all in the last 50 years.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2021, 05:42:40 PM »

Oh Jeeze, after all these years you still haven't learned to use a computer
and its basic functions properly.

Did you even graduate high school?

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2021, 05:45:12 PM »
Thousands that train like guys and eat like birds, yes.  Guys training properly + pushing drugs will make significant progress.  I never said they’d be MR Olympia

Guys training properly and eating properly will make significant progress without drugs. How much progress they will make will depend on their genetic predisposition toward muscle hypertrophy. The same applies with those on drugs.

Try to think intelligently and logically.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2021, 05:46:38 PM »
Ouch, I’m offended princess

No need to admit it. It is very obvious that I am in your thick, dumb meat head.

Back in the "trenches". LOL!

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2021, 05:47:28 PM »
The dude is a freak, just crazy genetics. We all die one day at least his living his bodybuilding dream

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2021, 05:48:16 PM »
The dosages have not changed in 50 years there have always been guys willing to take a ton is anyone today taking more than Pete claimed in the 70s? hell no because there is a limiting factor you can only shoot so much oil before you will get problems

&t=254s

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2021, 05:58:50 PM »

I only know what I have witnessed from an empirical standpoint.  My friends and training partners in the 70s and early to mid 80s along with several 70s era champions from the original Gold's. Off drugs they were normal to a bit above average.   We all knew this was going to happen and they had no problem because they said they did NOT want to abuse their bodies because no one really knew what too much was or what too much would do.  Do you recall when Robbie Robinson first tried to remain "in contest shape" year 'round?

Supposed congenital heart problems, that's what happened.

And Dr. Walczak was a schmoe of the first order.  No...He never came on to me as he knew better or so my friends told me.  But a few of my friends, one in particular, were offered training time in Palm Springs and assistance with their supplementation.  Yuck!

I have no doubt that drugs work.  Do they work better on some than others?  Sure.  But the mere fact that they work as well as they do on "woMEN" shows me that it ain't "genetics".  Be well, brother!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2021, 06:02:38 PM »
Of course its all drugs, all water, all fake muscle bloat.
Hafthor went off, he lost 100 pounds. All water. Do you think Muscle tissue just dissolves and disappears?

Dusty lost 73 lbs. in a month in hospital, pure fluid. The toll that gear-usage takes on organs (liver, kidneys, heart) is amazing.
These guys ae walking water-balloons.

Why was this guy hospitalized? If you get seriously ill, you'll drop weight quickly (thanks to cortisol). I caught the flu and was down for a week. I dropped 10 pounds and when I returned to the gym, I struggled with weights I could normally handle only a few weeks earlier.

Were those guys still training and eating? One of the reasons guys drop so much weight when off the anabolics is because they stop doing everything else as well. No mega-calorie eating, no hanging-and-banging in the gym, nada.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2021, 06:04:02 PM »
Dave D gimmick account confirmed  ;D
I wish this was my work…..

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #74 on: June 19, 2021, 06:05:55 PM »
Oh yeah me too but think of  Shawn Ray,Makkawy,Labrada,Wheeler,Demayo,Levrone,Nubret,Padilla,Ferrigno,Arnold,Oliva,Bannout,etc. etc. and most of the guys that placed behind them.............THAT was bodybuilding to me not a Ooompa Loompa like Branch Warren or an oilbag like Kevin English who had 5 deltoid heads, who both among many many others got gift after gift as their bodies regressed into pure shit.

Most of these big gutted non-walking goons today dont inspire me to train like the guys I listed above.

Just my opinion but Nick looks like a bag of smashed assholes.....a HUGE bag, but still a bag of smashed assholes.

All these cookie cutter 50 inch waisted bodies and reliance on gear to the point of insanity has ruined bodybuilding............ ...for me anyway.

But, many of the old timers thought the same about the very men you mentioned.

I get your point, though. Sometimes I get inspired by old-school pics of Bill Pearl or Arnold Schwarzenegger. Other times, I like the new jacks like former Mr. Os, Brandon Curry or (in his prime) Phil Heath.