Author Topic: Getbigger Van_Bilderass kicks Covids ass  (Read 3541 times)

Flexacon

• Getbig V
Getbigger Van_Bilderass kicks Covids ass
« on: June 20, 2021, 06:41:22 PM »
He posted this on May 20th and he hasn't logged in since May 24th. Anyone know him away from the forums?

Incidentally, I think I just got hit with Covid, just took the test. I have been using 3-4 grams of NAC with vitamin C along with another antioxidant that might be good when infected: melatonin, about 20mg per night. Trump was given melatonin  :D

TheAnimal

• Getbig IV
Re: Did getbigger Van_Bilderass get taken out by covid?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2021, 07:35:13 PM »
Not like him to not be posting on here. Hope he is ok. Very good poster.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2021, 07:43:57 PM »
Solid member that provides excellent content.

Hope all is well.

"1"

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2021, 08:50:41 PM »

Hope all is well.

"1"

Agree 100% I always learn something from him. 20mg of melatonin is quite a bit. I’ve never used anymore than 5. Hope he’s okay

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2021, 12:02:08 AM »
He's on a business trip to Dubai, India.

Will return after selling his bitcoins for HG gears.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2021, 01:00:48 AM »
Van... ???

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2021, 01:22:41 AM »
Did getbigger Van_Bilderass get taken out by covid?

Are you...is this...like, you're joking, right?  ???

I myself was wondering what happened to Van, in that he has been absent from posting here long enough by now that I've noticed too, but do you know how FEW people his age [<50] have died of COVID?  I think Van_Bilderass is under 50, based on him talking about a friend he had with pro bodybuilder genetics who was 17 in 1989.  I got the impression that Van was about the same age, and they were both teens at the time.

I posted the Covid-19 death stats as of June 11th, 7PM EST in my recent thread here, but below are the stats updated as of June 18th, 7PM EST [this past Friday - screenshot attached].  As you can see, a MASSIVE increase in NINE DEATHS among Canadians under 50 have occurred in that time.

:o

In Canada, by the most recent count, a STAGGERING 512 Canadians under 50 have died of Covid-19, out of 23,414,320 Canadians in that age range.

GOOD LORD - that means that 0.0022% of Canadians under 50 have died of Covid-19 since the start of this ghastly pandemic.

:o :o :o

[well...if we round up].

With only 99.9978% of Canadians under 50 having not died of Covid-19, and with similar statistics in Scandinavia, the odds are SO HIGH that Van_Bilderass has DIED OF COVID!  :( :'(

PIP Van_Bilderass - who was the first Getbigger to call me out for my wimpy steroid use while I denied it up and down.  ;D

I know Math isn't a strong point for getbiggers

LOL.  Your observation here is hilarious, just not for the reason you had in mind.  ;D

Alternate thread title: "Did getbigger Van_Bilderass get taken out by lightning?"

REFERENCES:

https://health-infobase.canada.ca/covid-19/epidemiological-summary-covid-19-cases.html?stat=num&measure=deaths&map=pt#a7

https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/t1/tbl1/en/tv.action?pid=1710000501

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2021, 01:39:20 AM »
Here is what my reply would be if I wasn't autistic:

Did getbigger Van_Bilderass get taken out by covid?

You're questioning whether or not Van_Bilderass died of a virus that over 99.99% of people in his age group have so far survived, and think other Getbiggers are weak in math?

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2021, 01:50:15 AM »
I thought about him the other day, and checked his profile on another board to see if he was around, and just not posting here. Nope, same thing, all activity stops May 24th.

One hopes everything is ok, I enjoy his stuff, he's a high quality poster.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2021, 02:37:34 AM »
I consider him the most knowledgeable guy on the board regarding hormones and peptides; and just bodybuilding in general. He's one of the few that has changed my often obdurate viewpoints and opinions just through sheer undisputable reason and logic.  Seems like the kind of guy that researches and reads everything on the subject just for fun. A very rational and logical thinker that seems to have thought through all the subjects he comments on and doesn't just shoot from the hip. Also, a very stable and sober temperament. I've never seen him have a meltdown.

Easily one of the most valued member on this board. I wish him well on his recovery and hope to have him back on this board spreading more of his vast knowledge

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2021, 02:45:18 AM »
It is odd that he just sort of disappeared like this...

While it's exceedingly unlikely he died of COVID, there is some chance that he he could have been hospitalized for it.  Still unlikely if he was in good health, but not impossible.

It's also not impossible he actually did die of COVID - it's just extremely unlikely.

He could have also gotten sick with something else.  That does happen. I hope not though - I mean, a full FOUR WEEKS [almost to the hour] since logging in to the board?  That is definitely unusual...

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2021, 02:56:01 AM »
I too was wondering where Van was just a few days ago.

Great poster and an extremely knowledable guy.

I hope he`s OK.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2021, 02:59:32 AM »
Never posted pic defintly useless as they come
A

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2021, 03:13:53 AM »
Come back Van_Bilderass!

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2021, 03:16:03 AM »
He died last summer. He weighed nothing at the end, l could lift him out of bed like that!

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2021, 04:44:41 PM »
Come back van gimmic
A

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2021, 04:50:02 PM »
You phaggots need to relax. He’s on a business trip to Dubai, India. He’ll be back.

TheAnimal

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2021, 04:58:39 PM »
Does anyone here have his contact outside of getbig? If so, message me.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2021, 05:09:32 PM »
Here is what my reply would be if I wasn't autistic:

You're questioning whether or not Van_Bilderass died of a virus that over 99.99% of people in his age group have so far survived, and think other Getbiggers are weak in math?

He mentioned swine flu took him to brink a few years ago. He was even put on a ventilator, so yeah covid was a real risk for him.

I suggest you keep your potato brained antics to yourself.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2021, 06:06:12 PM »

"1"

I trust your opinion on solid members.
Y

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2021, 11:19:45 PM »
I trust your opinion on solid members.
Credit when it's due.  :D

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2021, 02:51:34 AM »
He mentioned swine flu took him to brink a few years ago. He was even put on a ventilator, so yeah covid was a real risk for him.

I suggest you keep your potato brained antics to yourself.

Do you remember "The Law of Variable Change" described in the movie "21", starring Kevin Spacey before he came out as a bender to deflect from Anthony Rapp's Ironage sexual assault allegations against him?

If Van_Bilderass was put on a ventilator after being diagnosed with Covid-19, the probability of him actually dying of it increases, because we are dealing with variable change.

I don't recall him saying that, which is why the 99.99% statistic is still close enough to reality.  Your suggestion that Van claiming to be sick merits jumping to questioning his death from Covid-19 is still a mathematically asinine assertion to make, with the only weird unaccounted for thing being his month-long absence so far.

That makes the matter a bit suspect, but still puts Covid-19 at a ridiculous potential fate for Van.  Let's say the odds are now 99.9% that Van did NOT get Covid-19, given his claim of being sick combined with being gone for a month - that still makes you insinuating it as a possibility to be silly.

If he actually had Covid-19, and claimed to require mechanical ventilation during the Swine Flu pandemic [which was 2012, I think - making Van around 40 then, if my guess about his age is correct], then yeah - the possibility that he has died of COVID increases significantly, as most patients requiring more than 96 hours of ventilation die [upwards of 90% or more].  And while both the Swine Flu and Covid-19 are not dangerous for the overwhelming majority of people under 50, a history of ventilation for a person would change those odds.

I don't recall Van saying that, but I trust that you would have no reason to lie about those facts.

I just recall him saying he was feeling unwell, followed by him disappearing.  Given that scenario, it's possible that he was sick with a cold or flu for a few days or a week, opted to stay home in bed, and rather than go online - watched reruns of Mr. Bean [the episode where Mr. Bean went to the swim at the indoor pool, and got scared while attempting to jump off the tower, as well as the episode where Mr. Bean had to change into swimwear at the beach while the man with the sunglasses was watching, which had a surprise ending - and if you listen carefully at the end, you will notice the laughing starts before the final gag, proving the entire show had a laugh track], or the UK version of Dragon's Den...or whatever it is that English speaking ethnic Finnish people living in Sweden do while sick.

In addition to eating chicken noodle soup.

From there, it could just be a matter of Van losing touch with Getbig if he was sick in bed watching TV, rather than going online.

If he genuinely had Covid-19 and required ventilation, I would be much more concerned about Van's chance of dying of it - only because a large number of those ventilated end up dying, and Van HAS been absent here for a month now.

So if what you are saying is correct, and Van previously needed mechanical ventilation to beat the Swine Flu, I would hope he was taking Covid-19 seriously.  Just in terms of basic precautions, and not doing blatantly dumb stuff, like attending large house parties with strangers or anything like that.

If Van is alive and well, I would hope that he would realize we'd be worried about him by now.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2021, 03:11:09 AM »
He posted this on May 20th and he hasn't logged in since May 24th. Anyone know him away from the forums?

I remembered that post from Van, but I didn't remember the part about the test.  Or I assumed it was just another bogus false positive using the PCR test.

If Van was positive for Covid-19, with a history of requiring mechanical ventilation, combined with a month-long disappearance from Getbig...yeah, I'm worried about him too now.  More than before.

One thing though...he had four days from posting he potentially had COVID, to no longer posting here.  Nowhere did he report any progression of symptoms, and just suddenly waking up one day practically unable to breathe seems unlikely to me.

Hopefully, if he did have COVID, he just had a rough 20 days like I did, and is now gathering his bearings.  Twenty days of being under the weather with aching muscles and sleeping 16 hours a day can definitely get people out of their usual habits - but hopefully he is not seriously ill or dead.

That history of Swine Flu requiring Van to be mechanically ventilated is definitely the most concerning detail to me.  Truth be told, if not for that, even with him being AWOL from Getbig for a month, I would not be thinking twice about Van being in a potentially life-threatening situation.  That history definitely alters the math here, unfortunately.

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2021, 05:18:54 AM »
Do you remember "The Law of Variable Change" described in the movie "21", starring Kevin Spacey before he came out as a bender to deflect from Anthony Rapp's sexual assault allegations against him?

If Van_Bilderass was put on a ventilator after being diagnosed with Covid-19, the probability of him actually dying of it increases, because we are dealing with variable change.

I don't recall him saying that, which is why the 99.99% statistic is still close enough to reality.  Your suggestion that Van claiming to be sick merits jumping to questioning his death from Covid-19 is still a mathematically asinine assertion to make, with the only weird unaccounted for thing being his month-long absence so far.

That makes the matter a bit suspect, but still puts Covid-19 at a ridiculous potential fate for Van.  Let's say the odds are now 99.9% that Van did NOT get Covid-19, given his claim of being sick combined with being gone for a month - that still makes you insinuating it as a possibility to be silly.

If he actually had Covid-19, and claimed to require mechanical ventilation during the Swine Flu pandemic [which was 2012, I think - making Van around 40 then, if my guess about his age is correct], then yeah - the possibility that he has died of COVID increases significantly, as most patients requiring more than 96 hours of ventilation die [upwards of 90% or more].  And while both the Swine Flu and Covid-19 are not dangerous for the overwhelming majority of people under 50, a history of ventilation for a person would change those odds.

I don't recall Van saying that, but I trust that you would have no reason to lie about those facts.

I just recall him saying he was feeling unwell, followed by him disappearing.  Given that scenario, it's possible that he was sick with a cold or flu for a few days or a week, opted to stay home in bed, and rather that go online - watched reruns of Mr. Bean [the episode where Mr. Bean went to the swim at the indoor pool, and got scared while attempting to jump off the tower, as well as the episode where he had to change into swimwear at the beach while the man with the sunglasses was watching, which had a surprise ending - and if you listen carefully at the end, you will notice the laughing starts before the final gag, proving the entire show had a laugh track], or the UK version of Dragon's Den...or whatever it is that English speaking ethnic Finnish people living in Sweden do while sick.

In addition to eating chicken noodle soup.

From there, it could just be a matter of Van losing touch with Getbig if he was sick in bed watching TV, rather than going online.

If he genuinely had Covid-19 and required ventilation, I would be much more concerned about Van's chance of dying of it - only because a large number of those ventilated end up dying, and Van HAS been absent here for a month now.

So if what you are saying is correct, and Van previously needed mechanical ventilation to beat the Swine Flu, I would hope he was taking Covid-19 seriously.  Just in terms of basic precautions, and not doing blatantly dumb stuff, like attending large house parties with strangers or anything like that.

If Van is alive and well, I would hope that he would realize we'd be worried about him by now.

I never took him for a Mr bean fan

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2021, 06:17:44 AM »
I never took him for a Mr bean fan

;D ;D ;D

My son was a big fan of the cartoon when he was younger, and I think he'll find the live-action Ironage series to be a hoot when he gets around to it.  I know I did as a pre/teen when it came to Canada in 1994-1995.

Rowan Atkinson also came out in support of free speech a few years ago, and it was nice to see a celebrity do that.  :)

Best case scenario - Van is watching a box set of old Mr. Bean episodes, still alive and well.  But to just disappear like this for a month now...I don't recall him ever doing that before.  :-\  Perhaps he was just in the process of moving, and had a delay in the installation of his internet due to all the C19 delays in services that have been ongoing throughout this period.