Author Topic: Pump House Gym in Long Beach or Seal Beach?  (Read 7934 times)

6 Reps

• Getbig IV
Pump House Gym in Long Beach or Seal Beach?
« on: January 22, 2018, 11:41:24 PM »
Does anybody remember a small gym named The Pump House located in either the Long Beach or Seal Beach, California area?  I never worked out there but I remember seeing it.

OldSchoolLifter

• Getbig II
  • Hobbyist historian of strength/physique training
Re: Pump House Gym in Long Beach or Seal Beach?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 10:17:16 AM »
The only thing that comes up on google is a yoga and fitness studio in Walnut Grove, CA.

6 Reps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 08:28:55 PM »
Thanks for your reply but that’s not it.  This was a small bodybuilding gym, I think around the Seal Beach or Long Beach areas, but this was many, many years ago.  I was just wondering if anyone remembers it or had possibly worked out there. I never did.

amoney1986

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 02:15:30 AM »
Thanks for your reply but that’s not it.  This was a small bodybuilding gym, I think around the Seal Beach or Long Beach areas, but this was many, many years ago.  I was just wondering if anyone remembers it or had possibly worked out there. I never did.
What was it like, how long ago we talking? I live in the area now and it's cool to hear about those old school bodybuilding gyms.

6 Reps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2018, 07:17:05 PM »
Again, I never worked out there, but as I vaguely remember it was a smallish gym, maybe kind of a neighborhood type gym.  I’m sorry I can’t even remember where it was located, nearer Seal Beach I think. 

This was a long time ago, beginning of the 1980’s.  I moved out of the area and don’t know what happened after that.